Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,493 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (601) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1181954 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 2:48pm On Sep 09, 2022
Naijapensioner:
Thanks Chreze for always having me in mind.
I appreciate the all responses (Healthyliving, Umarwy and Pearlyfaze) on my issue. I cherished the sincere advices.

I am already working out on keeping the kids here but will like to give more insight.

My 16yr kid will turn 17 by April and was in final class in Nigeria b4 we moved. He is expected to register for WAEC latest tomorrow, write WAEC & JAMB before June. I have not be able to secure permanent accommodation yet and all my kids are not back to school after 3wks in Scotland. I am just thinking allowing him to return will give additional opportunity to possibly apply to any other university/college outside UK. I know that will be at a cost.

@ Maturedhustler.
I am in the same situation presently. Coming to UK via study route. Plan to be in UK this year with my daughter who will be resuming in her final class here in Nigeria this September and therefore due to write her WAEC exam in May/June next year. Pls how did you resolve the issue of your own 16 yrs kid mentioned above?

Look at some countries in Europe, the ones that have free education for international student. It would be closer to home (UK) and no strike

Just make sure any child almost close to 18 that you do their visa. Even if they don't live in UK, absence don't count for children so doesn't matter but you must do the visa or they lose it over 18 and have not applied

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 2:57pm On Sep 09, 2022
CheesyTee:

Thank you.

I got this response

So your one year of residence starts from the day you came to the UK to live under whatever resident visa you had before you switched to the Skilled Worker visa.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Molly22: 3:05pm On Sep 09, 2022
Hello , Is any female here trying to get a shared accommodation in London this September? South east London preferably.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 3:08pm On Sep 09, 2022
gistbite:

It is not everyone that will get depressed from doing care. It's just a job!!!

Issorai, to each his own ehn, no vex
grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ugoonuoha: 3:51pm On Sep 09, 2022
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Santa2: 5:00pm On Sep 09, 2022
CheesyTee:

Thank you.

I got this response

from my understanding if you get a provisional license, it nullifies your international driving license
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Santa2: 5:45pm On Sep 09, 2022
I have a family friend in middlebrough that has been looking for a 1-2 bedroom apartment. Been on it for 3 weeks and the price of airbnb is not smiling. anyone with contact should please help. Family of 2
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by topellycategory: 7:11pm On Sep 09, 2022
Exactly don't mind them.
Do what is best for you.
gistbite:

It is not everyone that will get depressed from doing care. It's just a job!!!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by CheesyTee(f): 7:13pm On Sep 09, 2022
TheGuyFromHR:

So your one year of residence starts from the day you came to the UK to live under whatever resident visa you had before you switched to the Skilled Worker visa.

Alright, thak you. Make I book test
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by CheesyTee(f): 7:14pm On Sep 09, 2022
ugoonuoha:

I haven't done biometrics yet, so hopefully no forfeit.
How long does it take with the new priority application? Say I start on Monday next week...when will I get the new BRP?

If you have not done biometric, both payments will be refunded.

Using my case as an example, I used the ID app check and made payments on the 1st of September and and got decision on the 3rd of September.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ugoonuoha: 7:16pm On Sep 09, 2022
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by June232022: 9:02pm On Sep 09, 2022
Hi guys can I get a website like jiji in the uk
We are moving to a new apartment and want to buy things in it

Any website for cheap stuffs
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by senny(f): 9:59pm On Sep 09, 2022
What! Did you say fair? Guy this looks more than fair

lowander:
Hello All, please I need clarification on something. I recently got a job in the Uk with salary of £50,000.

Below are my questions:
I) is the salary above fair enough for a single guy
Ii) How easy is it to get side jobs outside the one on my work visa?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Fabiosmart2: 10:00pm On Sep 09, 2022
Santa2:
I have a family friend in middlebrough that has been looking for a 1-2 bedroom apartment. Been on it for 3 weeks and the price of airbnb is not smiling. anyone with contact should please help. Family of 2

Hello,

I'm also in need of apartment in Middlesbrough, can you connect me with these family so we can join search for a bigger flat and share the rent.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jadepinkett(f): 10:01pm On Sep 09, 2022
June232022:

Check Facebook marketplace in your area. Just like jiji, beware of scammers
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Fabiosmart2: 10:03pm On Sep 09, 2022
Good senior members,

I'm in need of a temporary place to stay in Middlesbrough or any cheap temp apartment from 23 September.

All the ones on Airbnb are pocket tearing.

I'll appreciate your heads up.

Thanks

Cc: hustla
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 10:41pm On Sep 09, 2022
June232022:

In addition to the contribution from Will Smith's wife ......... grin cheesy

Also check Charity Shops, eBay and Gumtree......... grin

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by sammydoe: 11:02pm On Sep 09, 2022
Were in South East London and for how long
Molly22:
Hello , Is any female here trying to get a shared accommodation in London this September? South east London preferably.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by adegbitetunji(m): 11:33pm On Sep 09, 2022
It means you don’t need that validation you seek … you have done well for yourself … enjoy it and grow … wink!

lowander:

Boss pls what does that imply… cos my colleagues over there makes it sound like it’s a bit low

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by adegbitetunji(m): 11:44pm On Sep 09, 2022
Road closed - armed men every 100m … it is what it is …

TheGuyFromHR:
The thing I'm enjoying now is watching BBC and seeing the King of England driving in a small 3 car convoy along the road I used to follow from Uxbridge to central London. Outriders clearing the road smoothly, moving in and out, the convoy passing ordinary traffic in other lanes as usual, of course the aerial, ground and other security must be tight and all that, but ordinary motorists are barely affected.

On the other hand, if any of those bloody wankers in power in Naija were to be passing somewhere...
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by anozie09(m): 4:06am On Sep 10, 2022
hustla:

I'm in Middlesbrough, England.
Nonsense place
Seems it's not the norm here
Is it that bad there? How about getting jobs to pay bills at least?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Santa2: 4:10am On Sep 10, 2022
Fabiosmart2:

Hello,

I'm also in need of apartment in Middlesbrough, can you connect me with these family so we can join search for a bigger flat and share the rent.

inbox mail
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Molly22: 6:12am On Sep 10, 2022
Anywhere in south east London, east London or any location that has easy commute to central London (north west) with minimum stay for 3 months.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 6:59am On Sep 10, 2022
anozie09:

Is it that bad there? How about getting jobs to pay bills at least?

Well, some people get jobs but it really isn't that easy for students.

I think dependents get jobs easily as most of the jobs are full time. remote customer service jobs, support etc
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 7:01am On Sep 10, 2022
Fabiosmart2:
Good senior members,

I'm in need of a temporary place to stay in Middlesbrough or any cheap temp apartment from 23 September.

All the ones on Airbnb are pocket tearing.

I'll appreciate your heads up.

Thanks

Cc: hustla

Just gave out my place yesterday

The agent I have their number don't seem to have any lettings at the moment
S2dents
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 7:03am On Sep 10, 2022
Fabiosmart2:

Hello,

The Teesside telegram group is also a good place to look

They advertise spare rooms for rent from time to time
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Naijapensioner(m): 7:07am On Sep 10, 2022
Lexusgs430:

If your son misses one/two years, it's not the end of the world.........

What he might gain doing JAMB now, would later disappear in strikes etc etc etc .........

@ Lexusgs430. Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Naijapensioner(m): 7:13am On Sep 10, 2022
LagosismyHome:

Look at some countries in Europe, the ones that have free education for international student. It would be closer to home (UK) and no strike

Just make sure any child almost close to 18 that you do their visa. Even if they don't live in UK, absence don't count for children so doesn't matter but you must do the visa or they lose it over 18 and have not applied

@ LagosismyHome. Profound thanks. However, pls explain what you mean by absence don't count for children? Does it count for an adult? As in if a spouse comes in, collects BRP and other necessary documentation but move back to Nigeria for like 3 - 5 months, is there any implication?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Inkredible(m): 7:22am On Sep 10, 2022
Greetings everyone.

Has anyone gone through the Life In the Uk test recently?

I need the current study materials if anyone has any recommendations.

Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Fabiosmart2: 7:40am On Sep 10, 2022
hustla:

The Teesside telegram group is also a good place to look

They advertise spare rooms for rent from time to time

Thank you for your response.

Kindly assist with the telegram link
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chikadibia21: 8:32am On Sep 10, 2022
This comment is baffling!

[q1uote author=jesmond3945 post=116432291]We codemn Nigerians for voting tribe and religion but look at England who suppose inspire us and show us the way, see their voting pattern.How can you compare economic master sunak, somebody that would literally put money in your pocket as father xmas, a billionaire who took UK out of economic woes due pandemic with a war monger and characterless woman like liz truss? What does she know about economy?
Even as foreign master how many deals she don sign. Na so we go vote for 2023, tribe and religion. Finally, all man for himself.[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.