Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,467 members, 7,819,705 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (602) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1181879 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Fabiosmart2: 9:37am On Sep 10, 2022
hustla:

Not sure I'll not be banned

The link is below -

Thank you so much.

God bless you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AltCtrlDel: 10:24am On Sep 10, 2022
Good morning elders.

Na una talk say person weyn ask direction nor dey miss road Please what's the pros and cons of switching from Tier4 to Tier2?. I've just been offered Tier2 by the organisation I work with.

Note: My Tier4 visa expires in 2024

justwise
Lexusgs430
TheGuyFromHR
omopapa
hustla
LagosIsMyHome
Mamatukeas
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jamesy212(m): 11:09am On Sep 10, 2022
Hello everyone, please I will like to know the implication of studying a Masters course that's not accredited. I'm referring to an I.T course not accredited by BCS.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Santa2: 11:40am On Sep 10, 2022
AltCtrlDel:
Good morning elders.

Na una talk say person weyn ask direction nor dey miss road Please what's the pros and cons of switching from Tier4 to Tier2?. I've just been offered Tier2 by the organisation I work with.

Note: My Tier4 visa expires in 2024

justwise
Lexusgs430
TheGuyFromHR
omopapa
hustla
LagosIsMyHome
Mamatukeas

Is it a job you see yourself enjoying longterm?( even though you can switch to another sponsoring coy). It allows you apply for ILR in 5 years
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Modupeoluwa123(f): 12:33pm On Sep 10, 2022
Solumtoya:

EDIT: I knew you would be fine.
Thank you sir
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 1:31pm On Sep 10, 2022
Naijapensioner:

@ LagosismyHome. Profound thanks. However, pls explain what you mean by absence don't count for children? Does it count for an adult? As in if a spouse comes in, collects BRP and other necessary documentation but move back to Nigeria for like 3 - 5 months, is there any implication?

When it time to apply for indefinite, for the adult they would count number of days stayed and should be 5 years for working visa and no more than 180 days away ...however for kids all you need is just do their visa. They don't even need to be in UK for less say 5 years. Once the parent get they get ....

Quote from home office guidelines

Dependant children are not subject to limits on absences

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by fabiosmart: 1:47pm On Sep 10, 2022
Santa2:

inbox mail

I have sent you pm
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by 5gee: 2:08pm On Sep 10, 2022
jamesy212:
Hello everyone, please I will like to know the implication of studying a Masters course that's not accredited. I'm referring to an I.T course not accredited by BCS.
Is the knowledge going to be useful? If so, it shouldn't matter much.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AlphaUno: 2:41pm On Sep 10, 2022
Thank God for life and being self aware when some events in history took place, otherwise, this British press whitewash would have gone unnoticed. R I P to the Queen; R I P to lady D

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Naijapensioner(m): 4:53pm On Sep 10, 2022
LagosismyHome:

When it time to apply for indefinite, for the adult they would count number of days stayed and should be 5 years for working visa and no more than 180 days away ...however for kids all you need is just do their visa. They don't even need to be in UK for less say 5 years. Once the parent get they get ....

Quote from home office guidelines

Dependant children are not subject to limits on absences

Thanks for the info
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Timitempah: 6:03pm On Sep 10, 2022
CheesyTee:

Got my Skilled Worker Visa (H&C) decision today at 7:58pm.

I am over the moon.

I am glad I chose to reapply after waiting over 6 months.

Hi, congratulations on the visa.

I have also just got a COS for the H&C visa from my employer.. plan to apply soon. But I would like to know if I can use the immigration checker app instead of booking a date and also is priority service available for this visa route as I am in the UK currently.

Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Timitempah: 6:12pm On Sep 10, 2022
CheesyTee:

Please when did you receive decision mail with priority?

I am thinking of withdrawing my application and reapply to pay for priority service. My standard application to switch from t4 to Skilled Worker Visa is now over 6 months

Hi,
After going through some of your post, I think it’s advisable to use the super priority rather than the priority service option for a quicker decision on the visa.
I am switching my visa route from T4 to skilled worker (H&C) visa.

I would like to know if I can use the ID Checker app also for this visa route and how much did the super priority cost?

Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ramafama: 6:19pm On Sep 10, 2022
Ticha:

This is a wise way to go but could you share your vetting processes? I left this to the managing agent for my rental property but I am thinking about taking it over.

I am buying as long as the deal stacks up! No one is creating more land. My tenant vetting processes have always been robust and we aim for tenants that any black mark on their credit would be abhorrent to them. The one 'bad' tenant we had paid rent throughout even with her skoin skoin.

Scotland has a rent increase and eviction ban in place till March 2023 at least. England is currently in consultations over a rental cap. Wales has stringent regulations in place. If you are aware of all the regulations and potential pitfalls, it's easier to manage. Property is like running any other business. Enter with a solid strategy and arm yourself with knowledge.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AltCtrlDel: 6:21pm On Sep 10, 2022
Santa2:

Is it a job you see yourself enjoying longterm?( even though you can switch to another sponsoring coy). It allows you apply for ILR in 5 years

Yes. The job is within my area of specialization
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 9:02pm On Sep 10, 2022
jamesy212:
BCS is a professional body, they are not responsible for accrediting courses in UK universities
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by QuantAnalyst: 9:29pm On Sep 10, 2022
Viruses:

Anything except liquid (oil etc).

Alright. Thanks a lot.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ybahrbz91: 9:29pm On Sep 10, 2022
Good evening Everyone

A room available for a Single Professional Lady in Glasgow.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by CheesyTee(f): 12:01am On Sep 11, 2022
Timitempah:

Hi,
After going through some of your post, I think it’s advisable to use the super priority rather than the priority service option for a quicker decision on the visa.
I am switching my visa route from T4 to skilled worker (H&C) visa.

I would like to know if I can use the ID Checker app also for this visa route and how much did the super priority cost?

Thank you

I did priority and used ID app checker. I got decision after two days

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by CheesyTee(f): 12:02am On Sep 11, 2022
Timitempah:

Hi, congratulations on the visa.

I have also just got a COS for the H&C visa from my employer.. plan to apply soon. But I would like to know if I can use the immigration checker app instead of booking a date and also is priority service available for this visa route as I am in the UK currently.

Thanks
Yes. You can use ID app for biometrics and do priority service.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chreze(m): 12:04am On Sep 11, 2022
Please I need suggestions for a very good dehumidifier that is around £150 ( less or a little higher) with good litre size.

The only option I am Seeing with good review is the Meaco Dry Arete One 20 Litre Dehumidifier for £260, I would like something lesser if possible with good review base on personal usage. I can say the house is moderately wet, just a small ceiling mold (which I believe has been fixed after the leakage around chimney was fixed some months back because it’s not increasing, just decreasing slowly), musty odor and window dew in parents room, and cough that I am now uncomfortable with.

Please I need urgent help, thinking of picking one maybe tomorrow. The musty room
Smell and child cough is driving me crazy.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 3:09am On Sep 11, 2022
Chreze:
Please I need suggestions for a very good dehumidifier that is around £150 ( less or a little higher) with good litre size.

The only option I am Seeing with good review is the Meaco Dry Arete One 20 Litre Dehumidifier for £260, I would like something lesser if possible with good review base on personal usage. I can say the house is moderately wet, just a small ceiling mold (which I believe has been fixed after the leakage around chimney was fixed some months back because it’s not increasing, just decreasing slowly), musty odor and window dew in parents room, and cough that I am now uncomfortable with.

Please I need urgent help, thinking of picking one maybe tomorrow. The musty room

First question : Your property or rented........

Mould/damp is obviously not good for our respiratory tract and can cause all sorts of respiratory related infections.......

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gistbite(f): 4:39am On Sep 11, 2022
Chreze:

Please consider moving out if it's a rented property. This is not healthy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Timitempah: 6:47am On Sep 11, 2022
CheesyTee:

I did priority and used ID app checker. I got decision after two days

Oh great.
Thanks for the kind info.

How long did it take to get the new brp? And how much did it cost for priority service ?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 7:19am On Sep 11, 2022
Chreze:

Do you air the house enough? Some people have their windows locked constantly.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chreze(m): 7:25am On Sep 11, 2022
Lexusgs430:

First question : Your property or rented........

Mould/damp is obviously not good for our respiratory tract and can cause all sorts of respiratory related infections.......

Rented. The wetness on the ceiling is less than 5% or even 3% of the entire roof and is just in the living room. After the chimney was fixed, it didn’t increase, but was going done slowly. We didn’t experience anything during the winter with the heater on. And even when we had clothes sprayed towards the step, there was a heater around that part to solve its damp issues. So I am thinking trying to get a dehumidifier to keep the family safe while we make decisions.

Initially we were looking at having a different situation by the end of first quarter next year. So I am thinking trying it out to see. If it doesn’t work, then the situation is not what I am thinking, then we move immediately.

Also the house is rug, and I remember one landlord kind of like hinted to me that he doesn’t really like carpet (rug) because they retain dust and can cause flu. I didn’t really catch the hint properly that day, but after washing the carpet properly myself I thought It would be solved.

I just need help with something to start using right now for the family’s health while we figure out our next action.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chreze(m): 7:34am On Sep 11, 2022
kode12:

Do you air the house enough? Some people have their windows locked constantly.

To be honest, not really. I think I started opening the windows some months back or maybe when I even first saw the sign of wetness on the roof. The before me open windows like maybe twice a month during cleaning (tiled floors not rug). But being honest i don’t think I opened it before February (from November we moved in) and that is why I am thinking I should maybe try the dehumidifier first. I no go lie I tire, but I want to first get a solution for my family first before deciding on my next move with regards the house.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 8:00am On Sep 11, 2022
Chreze:

Rented. The wetness on the ceiling is less than 5% or even 3% of the entire roof and is just in the living room. After the chimney was fixed, it didn’t increase, but was going done slowly. We didn’t experience anything during the winter with the heater on. And even when we had clothes sprayed towards the step, there was a heater around that part to solve its damp issues. So I am thinking trying to get a dehumidifier to keep the family safe while we make decisions.

Initially we were looking at having a different situation by the end of first quarter next year. So I am thinking trying it out to see. If it doesn’t work, then the situation is not what I am thinking, then we move immediately.

Also the house is rug, and I remember one landlord kind of like hinted to me that he doesn’t really like carpet (rug) because they retain dust and can cause flu. I didn’t really catch the hint properly that day, but after washing the carpet properly myself I thought It would be solved.

I just need help with something to start using right now for the family’s health while we figure out our next action.

Have you spoken to your landlord about the mould ........

The LL might try to blame your habits, don't tell the LL you spread clothes the Nigerian way + you also open windows, to allow fresh air in ........

It's your LL responsibility to sort out mould, especially if it's presenting health challenges & it's also illegal......
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chreze(m): 8:45am On Sep 11, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Have you spoken to your landlord about the mould ........

The LL might try to blame your habits, don't tell the LL you spread clothes the Nigerian way + you also open windows, to allow fresh air in ........

It's your LL responsibility to sort out mould, especially if it's presenting health challenges & it's also illegal......

Not really spreading cloth like that, na underwear. The landlord responds fast to anything I raise tho we have not had much to discuss as the house was properly set by the couple previously occupying. When I told him about the wet ceiling. He sent someone immediately to check and the person said it was the chimney after climbing to the roof and came to fix it the next day. The house was sold to him n I think we were the first tenant. Normally story from neighbors, the couple in the house sold it after divorce and we moved in. The landlord doesn’t even know about anything in the house cause he bought it renovated (ikea kitchen and bathroom) from the couple. So he didn’t do anything and he told me it was move in as is.

I called him I think when we spent half a year and I asked him if he wont visit to be sure everything is going well. His response was he met me and my wife and we seem like people that will do just fine.

I think I will call him and discuss it first like you suggested.

(1) (2) (3) ... (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.