Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (626) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1176467 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by aragbaboy: 11:19pm On Sep 23, 2022
Alkidam:
I actually don't the category you are talking about but I submitted my application online a week before my biometric and I got a successfulapplication mail the following day of my biometric. N.b I did the normal priority.

That's really fast. It's normally when you do super priority you get that kind of quick decision. Applied 4 weeks ago, standard application normally 6 - 8 weeks. Hoping to hear from them by October.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by divinegrace4me: 11:55pm On Sep 23, 2022
Hello @mimilyrics please kindly check your mail. Thanks.
mimilyrics:
Bank Admin Roles Band 3 & 4 - Royal Brompton & Harefield Hospital Band 3 and Band 4. Site: Royal Brompton Hospital, London. Salary: £11.31 - £11.77 per hour
https://www.healthjobsuk.com/job/v4607927?ref=JobsByEmail&locale=en-gb
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by teeboi77: 5:29am On Sep 24, 2022
My application is 7 weeks already and no decision mail yet,I am hoping to get it next week,still wondering why it takes this long when one apply in the UK and faster when applied from outside

aragbaboy:

That's really fast. It's normally when you do super priority you get that kind of quick decision. Applied 4 weeks ago, standard application normally 6 - 8 weeks. Hoping to hear from them by October.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by sammydoe: 7:18am On Sep 24, 2022
[quote author=wallg123 post=116947205]I’ve got a friend starting at Westminster university 8th of October. He is in need of accommodation. Anybody renting a spare room around London axis.
Na today the guy dey tell me hence the urgency. Any suggestions is welcomed biko [/quote
Go to storeroom.com or Gumtree renting room section or even off licenses shop windows, you will see rooms for rent in front of their windows in South london
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by fatima04: 8:42am On Sep 24, 2022
@inkredible the paid version of this link is very useful and all you need

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.lifeintheuktest

For more practise test use the free version of link below (more annoyingly difficult framed question and answer bank but does the job � grin)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bubblingiso.LifeintheUKTest

Good luck.

7 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by fatima04: 8:44am On Sep 24, 2022
fatima04:

Thank you

Thank you for your recommendation @bourne007. You saved money from buying the book and CD grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by lightnlife: 9:07am On Sep 24, 2022
Oga Lexusgs430, wonlasewonimi, ukay2

Please can we create a thread for UK investments, trading advise, stock picks and everything in-between?

Biko!

Lexusgs430:
Who bought $SAVA with me in December........ grin

I am now £236.82 up .......... It took a few months..... But no UK bank would pay this interest...... cheesy

On my SIPP, I am also £157.62 up ........ tongue

$SAVA don vex o .....
grin

I feel like cashing out o ....... cool

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AlphaUno: 9:23am On Sep 24, 2022
Thegamingorca:

But I don't have a UK bank account nor a dollar card that can be topped up by the BDC. My bank wanted to exchange 1100 bucks for 970 pound sterling cash an hour ago(30 sterlings short). Please how do you advice I go about it now

Take it, it’s not a bad exchange

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Santa2: 10:54am On Sep 24, 2022
harddrive2012:
Can I see a sample used in writing them please?

Thanks

@harddrive2012 I basically went on their website and clicked the link -Declare no license needed. after putting my details, I wrote in the text box explaining I do not have a working tv and do not stream live on any gadget. I got the attached mail a few days later in my email.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by semmyk(m): 11:03am On Sep 24, 2022
IMHO, I'll say excluding the everything in-between. It opens DOORS for derailing. #JustSayingNio
lightnlife:
Please can we create a thread for UK investments, trading advise, stock picks and everything in-between?
Biko!
Lexusgs430:
Who bought $SAVA with me in December........ grin
I am now £236.82 up .......... It took a few months..... But no UK bank would pay this interest...... cheesy
... ...n
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Amarathripple0: 1:19pm On Sep 24, 2022
Hello Hello Hello!!
Please, do I need to get an instructor before I book a practical driving test? Can’t find dates even in June. Really strange
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Pacypatty(f): 2:32pm On Sep 24, 2022
Lexusgs430:

One day of rest no do you ...... Translate that one day of rest to £.......... wink

Hello sir, sent you a message on WhatsApp. Kindly check
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 2:54pm On Sep 24, 2022
Amarathripple0:
Hello Hello Hello!!
Please, do I need to get an instructor before I book a practical driving test? Can’t find dates even in June. Really strange

We were locked down for months .... the backlog will be crazy so appointment must be hard work

Its possible they release appointment on a certain date and then its fastest fingers. You need to find out what day that is.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 2:56pm On Sep 24, 2022
lightnlife:

Biko!

we can talk about it here, it won't derail much grin . Mr Lexusgs430 is the guru.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chinlov: 2:57pm On Sep 24, 2022
lightnlife:

Biko!

seconded with abeg!

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Amarathripple0: 4:12pm On Sep 24, 2022
LagosismyHome:

We were locked down for months .... the backlog will be crazy so appointment must be hard work

Its possible they release appointment on a certain date and then its fastest fingers. You need to find out what day that is.
Omo I’m emotionally downcast, even to find an instructor in my town is an extreme sport. Thanks a lot, I’ll do some research on the release date for appointments.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 4:33pm On Sep 24, 2022
Amarathripple0:

Omo I’m emotionally downcast, even to find an instructor in my town is an extreme sport. Thanks a lot, I’ll do some research on the release date for appointments.

Pele ... hugs

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by heroshark(m): 5:55pm On Sep 24, 2022
Thegamingorca:

But I don't have a UK bank account nor a dollar card that can be topped up by the BDC. My bank wanted to exchange 1100 bucks for 970 pound sterling cash an hour ago(30 sterlings short). Please how do you advice I go about it now

I advise you go with it. The rate you will get in UK will break your heart. Nothing less than £80 short
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 6:04pm On Sep 24, 2022
teeboi77:

My application is 7 weeks already and no decision mail yet,I am hoping to get it next week,still wondering why it takes this long when one apply in the UK and faster when applied from outside

Once you have applied for a visa from within the Uk you are entitled by law to stay until a decision is reached so their logic is that there’s no hurry for you. Better they address those who need to get in first.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Amarathripple0: 8:10pm On Sep 24, 2022
koonbey:

Once you have applied for a visa from within the Uk you are entitled by law to stay until a decision is reached so their logic is that there’s no hurry for you. Better they address those who need to get in first.
Hmmm that’s interesting, are we still entitled to work while we wait for the visa, or are we supposed to just wait in unemployment? Lol
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by HondaLover(m): 8:13pm On Sep 24, 2022
Solumtoya:

He/she can't, without BRP. I'm not sure what the person wants to hear. Everyone has advised to come in with GBP Cash, simple.

If you've got hold of the free lebara sim from the visa center, you can actually open revolut from Nigeria (transact and all provided you have a residential address you can use)
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by lightnlife: 8:13pm On Sep 24, 2022
Hiya! Trust the weekend has been restful.

I tried to check my credit score today but I was dazed not to see anything on Experian and CreditKarma (picture below).

Then, I checked on ClearScore and got a score of 422/1000 (see below).

Went over to TransUnion for my credit report and that came up pretty well.

My question is: why aren't Experian and CreditKarma displaying any data about my credit report/score?

I'm considering getting a credit card to build my scores and I see three offers (all from Aqua) on ClearScore (picture below). Should I go for any of the card offers or would I be considered for the zero fees AMEX credit card? Does the AMEX application and approval require a hard search on my credit history, and would it affect my report/score in the event of denial?

NB: I've only been in the country for 4 months.

Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 8:17pm On Sep 24, 2022
lightnlife:
Hiya! Trust the weekend has been restful.

I tried to check my credit score today but I was dazed not to see anything on Experian and CreditKarma (picture below).

Thanks!

If your report came up on Transunion and Clearscore, why are you stressing yourself then? It will likely come up on the others too later

Experian for me is even a bit stressful with their very unappealing interface for Android phones

The Lloyds bank app via Transunion makes a lot of sense lowkey to check your credit score and it gives some added information thats not on Experian

..And I do think you will be granted the Amex CC

Oya come and use my referral link

https://americanexpress.com/en-gb/referral/oLUDooy1GA?XL=MNANS

smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by HondaLover(m): 8:17pm On Sep 24, 2022
lightnlife:
Interesting insight.

Got the list of cars below under group 3, but I don't fancy manual tranny.

What do you advise?

Cc Lexusgs430

Be prepared to up your price and you might get lucky with insurance too, I payed 1200 for comprehensive on a mazda 6, insurance group 23 or so

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Bourne007(m): 8:18pm On Sep 24, 2022
As long as you submit an intime application, section 3c of the immigration act automatically extends your visa until a decision has been made. So yes you are allowed to work.

Amarathripple0:

Hmmm that’s interesting, are we still entitled to work while we wait for the visa, or are we supposed to just wait in unemployment? Lol

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 8:19pm On Sep 24, 2022
Bourne007:
As long as you submit an intime application, section 3c of the immigration act automatically extends your visa until a decision has been made. So yes you are allowed to work.

Bro, how's it going
Been a minute
smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Bourne007(m): 8:20pm On Sep 24, 2022
Awesome! Glad you got sorted smiley

[quote author=fatima04 post=116962991][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hayesconcept(m): 8:31pm On Sep 24, 2022
Hello,

Please I need a two-bed apartment in Bolton and it's the environment. It has been a month since I have been here. Airbnb money don chokes me. Please help me. I'm ready to pay 3-month rent upfront.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Queenessy: 8:38pm On Sep 24, 2022
Hello, please I need your advice
I have received my visa and will arrive in UK on the 29th September.

I'm trying to get accomodation so I was asked to fill a form to prove my right to rent online.

I've been trying to prove my right to rent online on GOV.UK. I'm yet to arrive in UK so I haven't collected my BRP. I tried using my passport number instead but I'm getting this response

*the details doesn't match our records*
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by lightnlife: 8:41pm On Sep 24, 2022
Interesting.

Thanks. I'll consider all sides.

So you left your love - Honda for Mazda? No paid padi for jungle grin

HondaLover:

Be prepared to up your price and you might get lucky with insurance too, I payed 1200 for comprehensive on a mazda 6, insurance group 23 or so
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by lightnlife: 8:42pm On Sep 24, 2022
Ehnehn!

Thanks.

hustla:

If your report came up on Transunion and Clearscore, why are you stressing yourself then? It will likely come up on the others too later

Experian for me is even a bit stressful with their very unappealing interface for Android phones

The Lloyds bank app via Transunion makes a lot of sense lowkey to check your credit score and it gives some added information thats not on Experian

..And I do think you will be granted the Amex CC

Oya come and use my referral link

https://americanexpress.com/en-gb/referral/oLUDooy1GA?XL=MNANS

smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by giselle237: 8:46pm On Sep 24, 2022
Amarathripple0:

health and care employees are entitled to but most employers will still say wait on the decision even though they can clearly see the guidelines…

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) ... (1007)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.