Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,130 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (642) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1177366 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (639) (640) (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Omoluv5: 7:58pm On Oct 04, 2022
Hello everyone!
Please is it advisable to bring kids 7,5&3 from Nigeria to the UK with the unaccompanied minor flight ticket plan? They're coming to join I and my spouse on a dependents visa, I and spouse came in 2months ago, I'm the student, we're trying to cut down on travelling cost...

Any thoughts on this will be greatly appreciated, thanks as you share.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by tolajay: 8:28pm On Oct 04, 2022
Three pikin unaccompanied?

Ejoor sir/ma, don't do that.

That money go come out ooooo.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Omoluv5: 9:01pm On Oct 04, 2022
Ohkay, is it not safe? Someone told me the air hostesses take good care of kids till their parents pick them up...

tolajay:
Three pikin unaccompanied?

Ejoor sir/ma, don't do that.

That money go come out ooooo.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mizGene(f): 9:14pm On Oct 04, 2022
Omoluv5:
Ohkay, is it not safe? Someone told me the air hostesses take good care of kids till their parents pick them up...

They do/will.
The idea is a bit uncomfortable but I believe it is doable. What you need to confirm is the cut off age, I didn't know a 3yr old can travel unaccompanied...

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by WhiteWolfe: 9:16pm On Oct 04, 2022
nellaluv:

Lol

Ah, what's funny?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by penurypredator(m): 9:26pm On Oct 04, 2022
Amarathripple0:

Hey, Quick question, did you have to pay for the instructor to be at your practical driving test or was this taken out of the hours you paid?
This bit depends on instructors really. My old instructor wanted £180 on test day and I was cool with it cos it was like the norm in my area.
My new instructor wanted just 3hrs of lesson payment which I did use up cos I did like a 1hr 30 mins warm up driving on test day. And I just paid £90 on test day.
Some Instructors are just greedy because there’s no point in overcharging on test day really
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Omoluv5: 9:32pm On Oct 04, 2022
Okay, will be extra sure of the cut off age from Royal airmaroc tomorrow, learnt they do 2yrs minimum

Thanks

mizGene:

They do/will.
The idea is a bit uncomfortable but I believe it is doable. What you need to confirm is the cut off age, I didn't know a 3yr old can travel unaccompanied...
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Newbie123: 9:58pm On Oct 04, 2022
Newbie123:
Hi,

Please gurus I need help.

At the beginning of last month, I did one housekeeping job from 8-5 after which I said I wasn't doing again cos it was extremely stressful.

They said I'll have to wait till month end.

Today is 4th and stories are beginning to enter like it was trial shift, I was on the laptop for 3 hours (I was for one hour) I didn't work up till 5, they will send mail...

Please what do I do besides going?

I've been there twice now and honestly, if I go there the third time, the anger I'm feeling may cause me to do things.

Please help

Still asking....
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 10:02pm On Oct 04, 2022
Newbie123:

Still asking....

What you wrote isn't that clear..

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by leef2022: 10:12pm On Oct 04, 2022
hustla:

S[he] started a job but left after it took a toll on the individual.

S[he], asked to be settled for hours/shifts worked, oga employer said month end.

Month end elapsed, employer now claims it was testing testing by the mic (probation/placement).

The op now needs advice as what to do on next visit to employer, noting that the anger within want to do exhibition....

9 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 10:23pm On Oct 04, 2022
Omoluv5:
Hello everyone!
Please is it advisable to bring kids 7,5&3 from Nigeria to the UK with the unaccompanied minor flight ticket plan? They're coming to join I and my spouse on a dependents visa, I and spouse came in 2months ago, I'm the student, we're trying to cut down on travelling cost...

I don't know about 3years but my youngest sister travelled so many times with unaccompanied minor to different countries. She was always well taken care of and never had a bad experience....

That been said, since its 3 kids, and the youngest is still so young . I would go bring them if it was me. Especially if it not a direct flight ....

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 10:24pm On Oct 04, 2022
hustla:

I read it and didn't have a clue in what the question was.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ukay2: 10:28pm On Oct 04, 2022
Omoluv5:
Hello everyone!

Please try more and gather money go carry your children come.....I don't think I will leave my children to airlines like that....

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by leef2022: 10:28pm On Oct 04, 2022
LagosismyHome:

The op wrote the question in vex mood. S[he] wants to know what to do, to earn wages worked for, other than visiting and maybe scatter ground . ..

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ukay2: 10:35pm On Oct 04, 2022
penurypredator:

This bit depends on instructors really. My old instructor wanted £180 on test day and I was cool with it cos it was like the norm in my area.
My new instructor wanted just 3hrs of lesson payment which I did use up cos I did like a 1hr 30 mins warm up driving on test day. And I just paid £90 on test day.
Some Instructors are just greedy because there’s no point in overcharging on test day really

When I passed my driving test some months ago, it was £60 for 2 hours i paid to my driving instructor on the test date.....

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by penurypredator(m): 10:41pm On Oct 04, 2022
ukay2:

When I passed my driving test some months ago, it was £60 for 2 hours i paid to my driving instructor on the test date.....
As it should be 100%. Some instructors are just very greedy.
My test was 11:30
And I had lessons booked from 9:30-12:30 and I booked that long cos I had plans to learn the “show me” questions on that day.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by santos247(m): 10:53pm On Oct 04, 2022
About 70 quid on a FOrd focus 2009.
Most of the Insurance we pai in naija is not really genuine. I dont know what to do jare

jum33:

NCD they are asking for is the one in UK not anywhere else so you can't claim you have it. By the way ,what is the cost that they are giving you on which car model
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by santos247(m): 10:54pm On Oct 04, 2022
NA the arrangee ones jare. I was using one old car for naija

Lexusgs430:

Send an email to your insurance company in Nigeria, to send evidence of your NCD ..........

Abi nah area boys organise you, ₦5K third party fire and theft policy............ tongue
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by smoochii: 10:56pm On Oct 04, 2022
Please what type of evidences could a Project Manager| Scrum master submit for the promising talent category for the Global talent Visa biko..I don read tire but no way out yet..please help a sister.

Amarathripple0:

So they require you have the practical knowledge of it, not necessarily the certification. However, the Scrum Master certification would go a long way. Just learn about all the Artifacts and buzz words of Agile and what they entail. You can also get the free Jira plan to practice with as a lot of tech companies use Jira and Azure DevOps. Also, to streamline your knowledge of Agile and to reduce too many questions during the interview, just tell them that the organisation you worked with tailored the Agile methodology to suit their process and then list a few of the Agile buzz words and how it was tailored. Also if you haven’t worked in Software development, it’s a bit unrealistic for them to expect you to know about core Agile. Finally, at the end of the day, whichever company you join, it’ll take some time to adjust into their process regardless of the methodologies they use on their projects.

Regarding the Global talent Visa, that’s also my target. Because that PSW no be am. Also curious to know if anyone applied and successfully got an endorsement.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ayowolebami(f): 11:10pm On Oct 04, 2022
Omoluv5:
Okay, will be extra sure of the cut off age from Royal airmaroc tomorrow, learnt they do 2yrs minimum

Thanks

Haaaa... It's not even a direct flight. Please DON'T... God no go shame us biko a 3yr old is a baby and you don't even know how he/she will take that long hours of travel.

How sure are you they'll be well cared for during layover? Please don't take that risk and seem like a negligent parent (God forbid anything goes wrong).

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AlphaUno: 11:13pm On Oct 04, 2022
Omoluv5:
Hello everyone!

One of you should go and bring those kids. If you had a teenager among them, it would have been a bit easier but they all under 10 years.
Travelling that long distance for the first time and the intricacies of manoeuvring from one airport to another

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 11:18pm On Oct 04, 2022
leef2022:

S[he] started a job but left after it took a toll on the individual.

S[he], asked to be settled for hours/shifts worked, oga employer said month end.

Month end elapsed, employer now claims it was testing testing by the mic (probation/placement).

The op now needs advice as what to do on next visit to employer, noting that the anger within want to do exhibition....

Ohhh

Me I dunno LOL

If I do a job and quit after 1 day, I usually just leave the company to do what they want

If they're organized, they'll usually pay for that one day but it's best to just zero your mind

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 11:19pm On Oct 04, 2022
LagosismyHome:

English is hard

cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 11:33pm On Oct 04, 2022
santos247:
NA the arrangee ones jare. I was using one old car for naija

So you have 0% NCD .......... wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rab4sure: 12:00am On Oct 05, 2022
Please to the UK ancestors. I'll like to know if it's better to get a new phone here in Nigeria or I should wait till I get to the UK because I need to change phone. Your candid response will be greatly appreciated as my flight is in 2 weeks time

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Amarathripple0: 12:49am On Oct 05, 2022
penurypredator:

Oh wow! Looks like your old instructor has issues. Thank you for this, really helpful.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Amarathripple0: 1:02am On Oct 05, 2022
smoochii:
Please what type of evidences could a Project Manager| Scrum master submit for the promising talent category for the Global talent Visa biko..I don read tire but no way out yet..please help a sister.

Here you go - https://technation.io/visa-tech-nation-visa-guide/#mandatory-criteria

I spoke to a professional who broke down each section for me - however this video should help,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv-xB4d2REY

And maybe this one as well -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exE7t3wHgIk

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by phyl123: 2:51am On Oct 05, 2022
babajeje123:
Please how else can one deal with these UK rats apart from blocking holes or using rat poison? I won't mind a named effective rat poison please.

Get a cat and you will never see a mouse in your house again.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Stenvee: 3:17am On Oct 05, 2022
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Stenvee: 3:19am On Oct 05, 2022
frankadrian:
Hello People, what a job Yall have done here. It feels so good to read about everyone's experiences. I will be very happy to get your inputs in my situation.

This November, I'll be getting married to my fiance who's a nurse in the Uk, and hopefully join her by January. We want to have just the traditional and court wedding at this time. We'd like the court wedding to take place in Asaba, but I saw on the ministry of interior's website that only marriages conducted at the Federal Marriage Registries are recognized and legal.

Asaba doesn't have a Federal Marriage Registry, does this mean that if I have my wedding in Asaba, the UK embassy will not recognize our marriage as legal?

I saw there's an option to get married at a local marriage registry and afterwards, request for a federal marriage certificate via the online portal. I would like to know if anyone has ever done this and how fast is the process of getting the certificate as I wouldn't want unnecessary delays.

Finally, I would like to know what would be considered a strong proof of relationship by the UK Embassy, or would federal marriage certificate and pictures suffice?

Thank you all very much for your kind replies.

For my husband, we used just our court marriage certificate and wedding pictures (traditional and white) as evidence.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (639) (640) (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.