Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,602 members, 7,816,497 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (643) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1177582 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (640) (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) (646) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 3:40am On Oct 05, 2022
rab4sure:
Please to the UK ancestors. I'll like to know if it's better to get a new phone here in Nigeria or I should wait till I get to the UK because I need to change phone. Your candid response will be greatly appreciated as my flight is in 2 weeks time

Uk have only like samsung, iPhone and maybe one or two other makers so not a lot of options.... if you are looking for just something to use, there is one £120 ish samsung with 64gb that is ok to use
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 3:57am On Oct 05, 2022
phyl123:

Get a cat and you will never see a mouse in your house again.

I bet you have not seen this video.......... grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDfaQ-NUeLM

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Omoluv5: 4:52am On Oct 05, 2022
Thanks so much, taken!

AlphaUno:

One of you should go and bring those kids. If you had a teenager among them, it would have been a bit easier but they all under 10 years.
Travelling that long distance for the first time and the intricacies of manoeuvring from one airport to another

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Omoluv5: 4:56am On Oct 05, 2022
Thanks so much, taken!

I knew I would get wise counsels here, God bless you all!

LagosismyHome:

I don't know about 3years but my youngest sister travelled so many times with unaccompanied minor to different countries. She was always well taken care of and never had a bad experience....

That been said, since its 3 kids, and the youngest is still so young . I would go bring them if it was me. Especially if it not a direct flight ....

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Iruobe1987: 7:36am On Oct 05, 2022
Good morning everyone, please can I travel to UK with a passport that expires in February 2023?
PLEASE HELP
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rinzylee(m): 8:31am On Oct 05, 2022
Same people complaining of racism here, are the same ones saying Peter Obi cannot be president of Nigeria because he is Ibo or Tinubu president because he is Yoruba. Same people who will refuse their sons or daughters to marry people of other tribes because of some centuries old prejudices still being propagated.
[/quote]

IGBO not IBO

Last warning!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by smoochii: 8:50am On Oct 05, 2022
Thank you very much, I would look at them.
Amarathripple0:

Here you go - https://technation.io/visa-tech-nation-visa-guide/#mandatory-criteria

I spoke to a professional who broke down each section for me - however this video should help,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv-xB4d2REY

And maybe this one as well -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exE7t3wHgIk

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 9:19am On Oct 05, 2022
rab4sure:
Please to the UK ancestors. I'll like to know if it's better to get a new phone here in Nigeria or I should wait till I get to the UK because I need to change phone. Your candid response will be greatly appreciated as my flight is in 2 weeks time

Buy in Nigeria and on Nairaland. The technology section has too many phones that you'll buy and not have to worry about payment plans.

Lexusgs430 has pixel phones for sale sef from time to time

Don't start taking contract phone immediately you land

smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 9:21am On Oct 05, 2022
Stenvee:

For my husband, we used just our court marriage certificate and wedding pictures (traditional and white) as evidence.

I wonder why Nigerians feel the need to provide evidence of whatsapp chats and personal stuff, reeks of overdo and desperation etc

This is sufficient

cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 9:23am On Oct 05, 2022
hustla:

But in Nigeria and on Nairaland. The technology section has too many phones that you'll buy and not have to worry about payment plans.

Lexusgs430 has pixel phones for sale sef from time to time

Don't start taking contract phone immediately you land

smiley

I am a lover of pixel devices........ They are just right and the picture quality (beats the iPhone's and Samsung's, of the smartphone world) ....... wink

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 9:25am On Oct 05, 2022
hustla:

I wonder why Nigerians feel the need to provide evidence of whatsapp chats and personal stuff, reeks of overdo and desperation etc

This is sufficient

cheesy

Try applying for spousal visa, and leave the aforementioned out ....... Be prepared for a long appeal process or paying for another application.......... tongue

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 9:28am On Oct 05, 2022
rinzylee:
Same people complaining of racism here, are the same ones saying Peter Obi cannot be president of Nigeria because he is Ibo or Tinubu president because he is Yoruba. Same people who will refuse their sons or daughters to marry people of other tribes because of some centuries old prejudices still being propagated.

IGBO not IBO

Last warning!!!!!

IGBO is also Igbó ........ Specially formulated dry leaf, that make people higher, than the most high ...... grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 9:29am On Oct 05, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Try applying for spousal visa, and leave the aforementioned out ....... Be prepared for a long appeal process or paying for another application.......... tongue

Well, my friends submitted just court stuff and pictures for dependent stuff for spouse smiley

Except it's anther type sha

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 9:29am On Oct 05, 2022
Lexusgs430:

I am a lover of pixel devices........ They are just right and the picture quality (beats the iPhone's and Samsung's, of the smartphone world) ....... wink

Typing from the 5 wink

Let me send my address for 7 Pro grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DeeOneBangin: 9:32am On Oct 05, 2022
ukay2:

When I passed my driving test some months ago, it was £60 for 2 hours i paid to my driving instructor on the test date.....

Same here, I booked 2hrs on the test day like I normally book for normal lessons. 1hr warm up drive and 1hr for test and back home. No extra charges. £35/hr in my area for a manual car.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by semmyk(m): 9:44am On Oct 05, 2022
Newbie123, you may want to read the experience and outcome of eyesaswide on pages 449 & 495. Similar but not exactly the same.
Thanks leef2022 for the breakdown. The OP might need to provide clarity. On face value, there are some loose ends.
leef2022:
S[he] started a job but left after it took a toll on the individual.
S[he], asked to be settled for hours/shifts worked, oga employer said month end.
Month end elapsed, employer now claims it was testing testing by the mic (probation/placement).
The op now needs advice as what to do on next visit to employer, noting that the anger within want to do exhibition....
leef2022:
The op wrote the question in vex mood. S[he] wants to know what to do, to earn wages worked for, other than visiting and maybe scatter ground . ..
Newbie123:
... ...
At the beginning of last month, I did one housekeeping job from 8-5 after which I said I wasn't doing again cos it was extremely stressful.
They said I'll have to wait till month end.
Today is 4th and stories are beginning to enter like it was trial shift, I was on the laptop for 3 hours (I was for one hour) I didn't work up till 5, they will send mail...
Please what do I do besides going?
I've been there twice now and honestly, if I go there the third time, the anger I'm feeling may cause me to do things.
Please help

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 9:49am On Oct 05, 2022
For we IPTV lovers....... Watch Anikulapo via our Panda portal ......... grin

We don't even require Netflix subscription....... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 9:55am On Oct 05, 2022
hustla:

Typing from the 5 wink

Let me send my address for 7 Pro grin

Me too dey consider that GP7 Pro ....... Just give them my GP6 Pro and upgrade.......... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 10:00am On Oct 05, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Me too dey consider that GP7 Pro ....... Just give them my GP6 Pro and upgrade.......... cheesy

P7 isnt out yet , wait for 24 hrs grin

Thinking .. how can I swap my 5 for a 6 Pro on Vodafone? FU

Is it possible or I have to get on a locked Vodafone device?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 10:07am On Oct 05, 2022
Lexusgs430:
For we IPTV lovers....... Watch Anikulapo via our Panda portal ......... grin

We don't even require Netflix subscription....... cheesy

Let me even watch this movie this morning and check out the hype to see if its worth it

Twitter people no let us rest with this movie
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 10:18am On Oct 05, 2022
hustla:

Let me even watch this movie this morning and check out the hype to see if its worth it

Twitter people no let us rest with this movie

You understand Yoruba abi .......... wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 10:19am On Oct 05, 2022
hustla:

P7 isnt out yet , wait for 24 hrs grin

Thinking .. how can I swap my 5 for a 6 Pro on Vodafone? FU

Is it possible or I have to get on a locked Vodafone device?

I no dey rush ........ wink

Swap via Google store ........
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by giselle237: 10:21am On Oct 05, 2022
Omoluv5:
Ohkay, is it not safe? Someone told me the air hostesses take good care of kids till their parents pick them up...
they do take care of them amazingly. I have done this severally for my siblings when I didn't want headache.
They are treated same way as 1st class ticket travellers. They dnt stay on any queue. On their flights, the captain of the flight is made aware of them.
They’ll stay in the first or business class lounge if any transits.. they’ll be taken off the plane by the airline and then taken through all security check points..they dnt stress.. when they reach their destination it’s same thing through customs.. and then onto their luggage. They will wait with them and call the contact information and wont hand them over to anyone else until the assigned pick up person comes.
They never ever go through any process alone.
The airline assigns people to them THROUGH everything from start of trip till end.
My problem is the 3 year old.. tht one is a baby. If you are exploring this option then choose direct flight

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 10:22am On Oct 05, 2022
Lexusgs430:

You understand Yoruba abi .......... wink

Isale Eko fellow wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 10:23am On Oct 05, 2022
Lexusgs430:

I no dey rush ........ wink

Swap via Google store ........

Wait, how much will I add?
Never heard of that

I still have the pali for my phone, manuals and the connector /dongle

EDITED:

Just finished checking it out. Information is key in this life grin

Not that expensive in the end

1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by giselle237: 10:27am On Oct 05, 2022
Ayowolebami:

Haaaa... It's not even a direct flight. Please DON'T... God no go shame us biko a 3yr old is a baby and you don't even know how he/she will take that long hours of travel.

How sure are you they'll be well cared for during layover? Please don't take that risk and seem like a negligent parent (God forbid anything goes wrong).
they are well taken care of..
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 10:39am On Oct 05, 2022
hustla:

Never heard of that

EDITED:

Follow who know road ......... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 10:41am On Oct 05, 2022
hustla:

Never heard of that

EDITED:

Don't upgrade to GP6 Pro now, they would soon slash over £300 off ........ wink

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 10:44am On Oct 05, 2022
hustla:

Isale Eko fellow wink

You recognise him .......... grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 10:48am On Oct 05, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Don't upgrade to GP6 Pro now, they would soon slash over £300 off ........ wink

Na why i dey follow you grin

Waiting for the slash, hopefully by December grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 10:48am On Oct 05, 2022
Lexusgs430:

You recognise him .......... grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 11:14am On Oct 05, 2022
hustla:

This is sufficient

cheesy
Honestly if you're genuinely married, marriage certificate is what is needed. If they are in doubt, they should go and verify the certificate.

Just like submitting B.Sc certificate with final year class group pictures as evidence for being a graduate.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (640) (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) (646) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.