Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,912 members, 7,828,192 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (674) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1191145 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (671) (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) (677) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 2:34pm On Oct 20, 2022
leef2022:

D type im and im wife they operate ?

That's why they did it ........

When you are very rich get an accountant, when you are managing, get a lawyer........... cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 2:35pm On Oct 20, 2022
hustla:

Ikeji ti lu le!

grin

Emi lọkàn......... wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 2:39pm On Oct 20, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Emi lọkàn......... wink

Oya naw, you will make Uni yrs count towards post study and remove the sponsorship requirement

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 2:41pm On Oct 20, 2022
hustla:

Oya naw, you will make Uni yrs count towards post study and remove the sponsorship requirement

grin

I would start by shipping all illegals, to Rwanda........ No court order would stop me ......... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by leef2022: 2:43pm On Oct 20, 2022
Lexusgs430:

That's why they did it ........

When you are very rich get an accountant, when you are managing, get a lawyer........... cheesy

Tories say a new PM would be made within a week, then we go sabi if we are to get an accountant or a lawyer grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Amarathripple0: 2:47pm On Oct 20, 2022
Wahala for who no be UK citizen. Anyway, the ultimate search continues smiley

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 2:47pm On Oct 20, 2022
Lexusgs430:

I would start by shipping all illegals, to Rwanda........ No court order would stop me ......... cheesy

cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 2:47pm On Oct 20, 2022
TheGuyFromHR:

Suella Braverman's actually not an immigrant.
Her parents were immigrants. She isn't.
Nor is she a naturalised citizen. She's native born, i.e. she was born a British citizen.

grin.... abi ooo. Tell them ooo. Said in my children voice. My mummy is Nigerian, I am British....lol but its the fact .

Except when you commit a crime like shamima begum

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 2:49pm On Oct 20, 2022
Amarathripple0:

.. But how hard can it be to mandate companies to provide sponsorship or remove the need for sponsorship altogether since they're always talking about about wanting to fill up jobs that are in demand etc

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 2:52pm On Oct 20, 2022
Uzomarrr12345:

Na now you talk the real koko .

That why I said over 90% of people wanting to get student visa , don’t have genuine intentions of really wanting to school.

But in a way , it helps the UK schools and economy somehow ,because if you take away the high amount of money International students pay as tuitions , Many UK schools will go bankrupt ! Fact !!

Because their own citizens care less about schooling for a masters certificate … lol grin

Oga which one is genuine intentions again? Someone coughs up millions of naira to pay fees, comes to the UK and goes to the school. Whether getting an MSc or PhD at 80 was the dream or using a student visa as the entre into the UK it doesn't matter. As long as they go to study all is fair and good.

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Amarathripple0: 2:59pm On Oct 20, 2022
hustla:

.. But how hard can it be to mandate companies to provide sponsorship or remove the need for sponsorship altogether since they're always talking about about wanting to fill up jobs that are in demand etc

What’s even funny is that they are on the Tier2 list of sponsors. It’s not a FTC but a permanent role. I’ve been doing job interviews all week and most of them have not asked about my visa status. So I doubt I’ll respond because I don’t have the energy to defend my right to work, it’s tiring abeg.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 3:11pm On Oct 20, 2022
Uzomarrr12345:

The screenshot was saying majority of dia citizens don’t care about doing masters. !

That why he started by saying “the countries we pay so much money to do MASTERS, dia home citizens don’t give a fuccck about doing masters degree”

How can someone graduate from UNIBEN at the age of 25 , then 15 years later (40yrs), he now suddenly remembers he wants to do masters !!!… lol grin

Buhari has finished us … lol
God abeg !!!

Why not? Was that person at home for 12yrs doing nothing? At the age of 41 or 42 he will be a masters degree holder and can apply for a better job.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AlphaUno: 3:17pm On Oct 20, 2022
Uzomarrr12345:

Na now you talk the real koko .

That why I said over 90% of people wanting to get student visa , don’t have genuine intentions of really wanting to school.

But in a way , it helps the UK schools and economy somehow ,because if you take away the high amount of money International students pay as tuitions , Many UK schools will go bankrupt ! Fact !!

Because their own citizens care less about schooling for a masters certificate … lol grin

Everyone knows! and you are right.
That’s the essence of the policy, to bring in foreign students and cushion the effects of low home students patronage.

Ma fo!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Goke7: 3:20pm On Oct 20, 2022
TheGuyFromHR:

Suella Braverman's actually not an immigrant.
Her parents were immigrants. She isn't.
Nor is she a naturalised citizen. She's native born, i.e. she was born a British citizen.

If her parents were stopped at the border, she will never be a native born

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dustydee: 3:23pm On Oct 20, 2022
boneruns:

Thank you Dustydee.

Please how do I go about telling the employer about this sponsorship route? I am being careful that's why I let them know I have work hour restriction so that they can explore the sponsorship option .

The good thing is that my class timetable is flexible and even the the days I have class, it mostly happen around 4pm.

Thank you for the feedback.
They will ask you.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Uzomarrr12345: 3:32pm On Oct 20, 2022
justwise:

Why not? Was that person at home for 12yrs doing nothing? At the age of 41 or 42 he will be a masters degree holder and can apply for a better job.

Lol … cheesy another festus keyanmo defending everything that comes on board but failing to admit the MAJOR REASON “you will find a black man …esp a 40 yr old Nigerian giving testimony in church for a student VISA” is because man is trying to escape for greener pastures grin !!!

Nothing else … you know the truth but you just wanna defend anything… lol

Let just hope we get the right leadership 2023 , and fix the country coz it really embarrassing

I keep telling people, NIGERIA is far richer than the UK.

Just bad management !

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by leef2022: 3:32pm On Oct 20, 2022
Lexusgs430:

O brave enough for that..?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by leef2022: 3:35pm On Oct 20, 2022
Uzomarrr12345:

Lol … cheesy another festus keyanmo defending everything that comes on board but failing to admit the MAJOR REASON “you will find a black man …esp a 40 yr old Nigerian giving testimony in church for a student VISA” is because man is trying to escape for greener pastures grin !!!

Nothing else … you know the truth but you just wanna defend anything… lol

Let just hope we get the right leadership 2023 , and fix the country coz it really embarrassing

I keep telling people, NIGERIA is far richer than the UK.

Just bad management !

Lolz grin

NL ink suppose deh finish for some of una. Hw JW turn FK aka the defender
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jadepinkett(f): 4:00pm On Oct 20, 2022
Amarathripple0:

Airbus na no-go area if you are not a citizen. There is one other company that does the same too. I have forgotten their name. Still in the aviation or vehicular industry too
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dustydee: 4:01pm On Oct 20, 2022
leef2022:

She was never the right candidate...

ER II spirit don finally leave no 10.. the era ends completely.

KC III spirit to anoit no 10 person don show...
The era starts

NS go deh prep for referenda now...

Tories hands are filled. They need to call early elections.

That was the plan from the beginning of the leadership contest by the Johnson camp. They wanted the public to miss Johnson and now some do. I can't believe some are still calling for him to come back, as incompetent as he is.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Uzomarrr12345: 4:26pm On Oct 20, 2022
My cousin bro just recently moved there … in as much I was against it because his first degree in Nigeria is not health or IT related.

What are his chances of survival in a competitive place like the UK with a Management degree certificate.

Even the post study work (PSW) isn’t looking sure like before , chances of you coming back to Nigeria immediately after your studies is high .

The UK is tightening it immigration laws daily , they’ve started crackdown on dependants visas

Told this young man , he will be better off trying to hustle for a German visa or even Australia visa or any EU country with flexible PR option.

But baba insisted he must enter UK with student visa , smh … because anytime he comes on nairaland and see you people talking about making 2500 pounds per month grin

My Mumu cousin self will rush and bring out his CASIO calculator and convert £2500 to naira , then start telling me , he will be making 1.9 million naira per month and he will be sending me like 300k monthly …lol grin grin grin

The Mumu don forget say “They don’t spend naira in UK” grin… the guy isn’t even thinking of tax and other bills , he just went straight to 1.9 mill naira grin grin

Anyways, we still got his back ,we just told him not to put himself under any pressure as we are not expecting anything from him…. He should cut down on high expectations coz his on a student visa … wished him all the best thou.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Gemma11: 4:28pm On Oct 20, 2022
Amarathripple0:

My bone of contention is her focus on Africans (Nigerians) and the fact that we are bringing in a high number of dependants, which in a way disregards the monetary value we are bringing in. However, like Koobey said, there’s the overdoing it part by Nigerians; especially with the high level of marriage fraud. Anyway, I’m glad she’s gone, so the noise about immigrants can lessen even if it’s just for a short while because these are the things that unconsciously promote Xenophobia even if it’s not intentional. Make we wey just come here relax small and find suitable jobs.

Yeah her focus should be on Nigerians because they are abusing the system.

Students are normally single people

Students consisting of a grown man/wife & partner with 3- 5 kids is not normal and taxing on the system. Yes they are paying for healthcare but are they also paying for school places, books, pens, free food and all the other amenities that these children use? It is something when British Born children can't find a place in school because a new Nigerian immigrant child has taken their place.

There are more Indians and Chinese coming in as students than Nigerians but these are genuine students coming alone to study. It is the Nigerians who are packing whole families here.

Suella will be back. She probably only resigned so that she could do so before the PM.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 4:39pm On Oct 20, 2022
Gemma11:

Students consisting of a grown man/wife & partner with 3- 5 kids is not normal and taxing on the system. Yes they are paying for healthcare but are they also paying for school places, books, pens, free food and all the other amenities that these children use? It is something when British Born children can't find a place in school because a new Nigerian immigrant child has taken their place.

There are more Indians and Chinese coming in as students than Nigerians but these are genuine students coming alone to study. It is the Nigerians who are packing whole families here.

Suella will be back. She probably only resigned so that she could do so before the PM.

This is not true. Indians does the same
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Gemma11: 4:40pm On Oct 20, 2022
Goke7:

If her parents were stopped at the border, she will never be a native born

Does this type of thinking also apply to British born children of immigrants?

Or what about Boris who was not even born in the UK and who has Turkish ancestry?

The late Prince Philip nko who was born in Greece and has German ancestry?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Gemma11: 4:43pm On Oct 20, 2022
justwise:

This is not true. Indians does the same

The Indians who come with their families are actually on work visas, not student visas. There is a difference. The ones of Student visas are mostly genuine.

See the chart here.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 4:45pm On Oct 20, 2022
Gemma11:

The Indians who come with their families are actually on work visas, not student visas. There is a difference. The ones of Student visas are mostly genuine.

See the chart here.

So those families that Indians brought in will not take school places from the British kids?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wallg123: 4:49pm On Oct 20, 2022
Uzomarrr12345:
My cousin bro just recently moved there … in as much I was against it because his first degree in Nigeria is not health or IT related.

What are his chances of survival in a competitive place like the UK with a Management degree certificate.

Even the post study work (PSW) isn’t looking sure like before , chances of you coming back to Nigeria immediately after your studies is high .

The UK is tightening it immigration laws daily , they’ve started crackdown on dependants visas

Told this young man , he will be better off trying to hustle for a German visa or even Australia visa or any EU country with flexible PR option.

But baba insisted he must enter UK with student visa , smh … because anytime he comes on nairaland and see you people talking about making 2500 pounds per month grin

My Mumu cousin self will rush and bring out his CASIO calculator and convert £2500 to naira , then start telling me , he will be making 1.9 million naira per month and he will be sending me like 300k monthly …lol grin grin grin

The Mumu don forget say “They don’t spend naira in UK” grin… the guy isn’t even thinking of tax and other bills , he just went straight to 1.9 mill naira grin grin

Anyways, we still got his back ,we just told him not to put himself under any pressure as we are not expecting anything from him…. He should cut down on high expectations coz his on a student visa … wished him all the best thou.
How did this story end ?and what is the morals of this story ?. Interesting

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Gemma11: 4:52pm On Oct 20, 2022
justwise:

So those families that Indians brought in will not take school places from the British kids?

If they came in on work visas, then they both parents can work unlimited hours and pay into the system

Also work visas are most times only given out to highly skilled individuals and we all know that Indians are the majority in the Tech industry which means they could be contractors on around £600+ a day or on £85k+ a year salaries
I work in Tech myself and most of my team members are new from India.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by HollyMadison(f): 4:52pm On Oct 20, 2022
Chreze:
Sorry amara didn’t mean to quote you. I de read your post before I write.
===

Please is there anyone here using this chair. The reviews are just up n down. The few people that spoke negatively went hard. I need a chair and want to take advantage of discounts. I want the one people have actually used and can recommend.

Note: fully remote role. So I need something to avoid waist n back aches.

I’m using the chair, in pink, it’s really good and I had horrible back pain from being a banker for years. I’m also fully remote
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Goke7: 5:01pm On Oct 20, 2022
Gemma11:

So Indians are not abusing the system ba? Who are the highest overstayers according to the former home secretary. Please let's stop this political correctness of of agreeing with world that Nigerians are the worst offenders.

With what I have seen with my eyes here, the Indians and Asians including Eastern Europeans are worst offenders when it comes to abusing the systems. Do you know how the Indians, Pakistanis and bengalis from Bangladesh pack and overcrowd themselves in a particular house even against council regulations, with their names that look alike do you know how much immigration fraud they perpetrate here? Compared to these folks Nigerians are still holy.

All those Indian students that came alone are still bringing all their families and grandparents in due time, you never see something. Their kit and kin with established business here with sponsorship licences eventually switch them to a work visa and before you know the whole family is here.

On top of all these the Indian govt want more students visas for their people, is Nigeria asking for such?

8 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Goke7: 5:05pm On Oct 20, 2022
Gemma11:

Does this type of thinking also apply to British born children of immigrants?

Or what about Boris who was not even born in the UK and who has Turkish ancestry?

The late Prince Philip nko who was born in Greece and has German ancestry?

Maybe that's why Boris opened the floodgates
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Gemma11: 5:07pm On Oct 20, 2022
Goke7:

So Indians are not abusing the system ba? Who are the highest overstayers according to the former home secretary. Please let's stop this political correctness of of agreeing with world that Nigerians are the worst offenders.

With what I have seen with my eyes here, the Indians and Asians including Eastern Europeans are worst offenders when it comes to abusing the systems. Do you know how the Indians, Pakistanis and bengalis from Bangladesh pack and overcrowd themselves in a particular house even against council regulations, with their names that look alike do you know how much immigration fraud they perpetrate here? Compared to these folks Nigerians are still holy.

All those Indian students that came alone are still bringing all their families and grandparents in due time, you never see something. Their kit and kin with established business here with sponsorship licences eventually switch them to a work visa and before you know the whole family is here.

On top of all these the Indian govt want more students visas for their people, is Nigeria asking for such?

Those ones who pack themselves in houses are illegal immigrants.

We are talking about those Nigerians who are abusing the student visa route by packing their whole families to the UK. It is putting a strain on housing and schools. Please stick to the topic.

(1) (2) (3) ... (671) (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) (677) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.