Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,137 members, 7,849,555 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:45 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (692) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1217279 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (689) (690) (691) (692) (693) (694) (695) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 6:36pm On Oct 25, 2022
AlphaUno:
Suella mean business as she specifically asked for her former post

Chio.... this time she come with double ammunition for Nigerians and Indians
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Pacypatty(f): 7:10pm On Oct 25, 2022
seunoj:

What have you used it for? Travel history to UK? It can be corrected but You will shalaye the difference o to key places u have used it.

Travel history to UK
Can you imagine what I'm going to place through cos of the sily mistake from immigration officer... I'm so pained.

Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 7:36pm On Oct 25, 2022
kode12:

She didn't just up and put that plan forward. She might have been too enthusiastic and vocal about it, especially at a time where there's a general apathy for the government, but she's got backers both within the party and outside who share the same ideology. They're going to come back, just watch out.

@hustla you remember this?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 7:52pm On Oct 25, 2022
kode12:

@hustla you remember this?

Is the noise back on?

shocked

So she has been re-elected. Looks like her new role will allow her to do what she wants grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Amarathripple0: 8:05pm On Oct 25, 2022
profemebee:
we need to confirm o..

my research didn't specifically state it was/wasn't.. there is no clear outline..

if most non-public fund benefits are tied to NI, then what about this LISA where 1k is added to 4k...

Based on my research, it's not public funds as it's not listed on the govt's list of Public Funds.

Check out this response by HMRC on this same query. - https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/613757/response/1459597/attach/2/191030%20FOI2019%2002295A%20Deb%20LISA%20bonus%20public%20fund.pdf?cookie_passthrough=1
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AlphaUno: 8:07pm On Oct 25, 2022
LagosismyHome:

We will see how far with her and if her boss agrees to those reforms
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AlphaUno: 8:09pm On Oct 25, 2022
Goke7:

Uk like wahala sha grin

They are in a precarious situation, if not properly handled, Liz Truss would be a saint after all said and done.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AlphaUno: 8:10pm On Oct 25, 2022
justwise:

lol..Nigerians that celebrated her departure will not be happy to read this

Absolutely!!

MODIFIED
The ‘not’ wasn’t needed
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by leef2022: 8:10pm On Oct 25, 2022
AlphaUno:

We will see how far with her and if her boss agrees[b][/b] to those reforms

If he doesn't he won't bring her back. He may just say go slow.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 8:18pm On Oct 25, 2022
LagosismyHome:

That resignation letter she wrote, was meant to bring down LT's government.........

And it did ....... Scripted coup d'etat......... grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AlphaUno: 8:29pm On Oct 25, 2022
jagbasneh:
Good morning guru in the house quick one please, main applicate has is visa and still in Nigeria waiting for his dependant baby visa to out and travel with the baby together. the main applicate vignette will going to expire on December 12th. Hope there would be any issues at the port of entry with the vignette if the main applicate travel middle of November

Not at all, make e sha no pass Dec 12th

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Poanan: 8:51pm On Oct 25, 2022
Shorty2022:
Sorry I didn't know how to fix in the right words.

He has the child over the weekend.

Not possibleto share childcare duties because he works and said looking after the child is stressful unless the child(2 years old )becomes independent

Truly like lexusgs430 said dont be a doormat. Dont make excuses for baby daddy. He wants the baby but doesnt want to discomfort. It is not possible. I am not trying to advise you but who is going to pay for the rent? If you are the one paying for the rent. Even if you are not the one paying rent, Your interest should come first except you want to wear out quickly. You have to be strong and alive for your baby.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 8:52pm On Oct 25, 2022
hustla:

Is the noise back on?

shocked

So she has been re-elected. Looks like her new role will allow her to do what she wants grin

Lol. The point is she gat backers who are in agreement with her stance.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AlphaUno: 8:59pm On Oct 25, 2022
leef2022:

If he doesn't he won't bring her back. He may just say go slow.

Bringing her back might be agreement with other stakeholders not necessarily agreeing to reforms
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 9:01pm On Oct 25, 2022
kode12:

Lol. The point is she gat backers who are in agreement with her stance.

They should wait for me first o

I don't think they'll scrap it though, maybe just limit number of dependents one can have, which is fair to me

smiley

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Pacypatty(f): 9:05pm On Oct 25, 2022
seunoj:

What have you used it for? Travel history to UK? It can be corrected but You will shalaye the difference o to key places u have used it.

For now only UK
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 9:12pm On Oct 25, 2022
Pacypatty:

For now only UK

Wait, when you're applying for visa, you have to manually enter your DOB not just upload your passport. So what you're saying is that you knew the DOB on your passport was wrong but you still took it and used it to apply for visa and other things, all while entering the wrong DOB alongside. So what will you say now - will you tell UKVI that you were angry at Officer Lagbaja that's why you made false declarations all through your application? What of your university (if you're a student) or your employer (if you're a worker)?

To be honest it seems to be that you deliberately used a false DOB and now for some reason you need to revert it maybe to match with some other documents you need to to present somewhere.

Because otherwise why do you want yo change it now? It might be better to just continue using the date as is o, because I don't see how you can make a remotely plausible defence of this anywhere.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by seunoj: 9:16pm On Oct 25, 2022
Pacypatty:

Travel history to UK
Can you imagine what I'm going to place through cos of the sily mistake from immigration officer... I'm so pained.

Thanks
But at the point of biometrics capture, pple are advised to review the details again.
Been that as it may, if you change ur DOB(wch is allowed), you need a good story for �� when u apply to them for visa.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Pacypatty(f): 9:38pm On Oct 25, 2022
koonbey:

Wait, when you're applying for visa, you have to manually enter your DOB not just upload your passport. So what you're saying is that you knew the DOB on your passport was wrong but you still took it and used it to apply for visa and other things, all while entering the wrong DOB alongside. So what will you say now - will you tell UKVI that you were angry at Officer Lagbaja that's why you made false declarations all through your application? What of your university (if you're a student) or your employer (if you're a worker)?

To be honest it seems to be that you deliberately used a false DOB and now for some reason you need to revert it maybe to match with some other documents you need to to present somewhere.

Because otherwise why do you want yo change it now? It might be better to just continue using the date as is o, because I don't see how you can make a remotely plausible defence of this anywhere.

I didn't give any wrong information, I sent filled forms to the immigration officer, the mistake was from him but then the passport has been printed. In bid to rectify it ,the department involved was charging high and I told him the payment should be split which he refused,and at the time I wasn't having much and decided to use it that way. Sometimes we shouldn't assume thinking everyone is fraud.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Pacypatty(f): 9:40pm On Oct 25, 2022
seunoj:

But at the point of biometrics capture, pple are advised to review the details again.
Being that as it may, if you change ur DOB(wch is allowed), you need a good story for �� when u apply to them for visa.

I have all original document including the certificate given to my parents at the hospital I was born.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 9:47pm On Oct 25, 2022
Pacypatty:

I have all original document including the certificate given to my parents at the hospital I was born.

Seems its Abuja corrections are now made

No evidence to suggest that the one online will be fast
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Pacypatty(f): 9:51pm On Oct 25, 2022
hustla:

Seems its Abuja corrections are now made

No evidence to suggest that the one online will be fast

Thank you
Pls can I get the immigration online link, let me at least try.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 10:04pm On Oct 25, 2022
Pacypatty:

Thank you
Pls can I get the immigration online link, let me at least try.

https://passport.immigration.gov.ng/main
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Pacypatty(f): 10:16pm On Oct 25, 2022
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 10:22pm On Oct 25, 2022
Pacypatty:

God bless you sir

You too ma
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Goke7: 10:26pm On Oct 25, 2022
leef2022:

This cabinet sweet na, a touch of Bj, LT, I no even see RS hand inside.

confusion loading, season 2 will be sweeter grin different ideologies inside one bus, Kole Werk!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Goke7: 10:29pm On Oct 25, 2022
AlphaUno:

They are in a precarious situation, if not properly handled, Liz Truss would be a saint after all said and done.

agreed, especially with all the shouts of elections, don't know where dey wan start, is it northern Ireland ish, Scotland referendum, Rwandan debacle, immigration, and the elephant in the room; economy?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Zahra29: 10:32pm On Oct 25, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Now we are fully updated...........

You see what you made me do .......... Shame on you ......... grin

Lol, that was fast! Enjoy shopping cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (689) (690) (691) (692) (693) (694) (695) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.