Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,969 members, 7,828,438 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (690) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1191299 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (687) (688) (689) (690) (691) (692) (693) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AlphaUno: 9:00pm On Oct 24, 2022
marylandcakes:
I pray that Rushi is able to reverse the damage that Lizz Truss has done to the economy. Cos investors have lost millions under Lizz.
Bless her though, poor woman…. sad she’s going to need a lot of support for those 44 days of hell. They gave her a tough time. She was out of her depth. Poor soul.

They knew the quality of what they put there in the first instance when they settled for her.
Leave them! Let them be scampering for ‘you are not British, I’m British’

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 9:01pm On Oct 24, 2022
marylandcakes:

When you want people to sit up and think properly , you hit them where it hurts.

These people have been hit in the pocket and it hurts. Do you know how much has been wiped off the stocks, the increase in mortgage payments. Etc….

That does not really matter as investors will recover as soon as market responses positively.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by marylandcakes: 9:08pm On Oct 24, 2022
justwise:

That does not really matter as investors will recover as soon as market responses positively.

Not all investors, for e.g. if your funds are due during a crash, that will be the value you will get. People commit suicide because of cases like this, so it’s no joking matter. They could loose all their life savings in the process.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Zahra29: 9:29pm On Oct 24, 2022
justwise:

They do but he got more support than the other two, my point is..if this is all about racism then they would have gone for white candidate no matter who bad those other white candidates are.

I'm not saying they are racist, but what I do know is that racism does not automatically equal stupidity

The MPs knew that if they didn't choose the person they thought could deliver (whatever his colour) then they could face an early general election and with the polls as they are, get wiped out completely.

So even a racist (if any ) would choose the brown man over unemployment

Another angle is that the Tories love/respect money, and RS is said to be even wealthier than the king - not your regular brown man. Success has no enemies. It's difficult to victimise or discriminate against someone who could literally buy the whole of parliament. Levels.

9 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ukay2: 9:30pm On Oct 24, 2022
RS.... grin

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ukay2: 9:30pm On Oct 24, 2022
marylandcakes:

Not all investors, for e.g. if your funds are due during a crash, that will be the value you will get. People commit suicide because of cases like this, so it’s no joking matter. They could loose all their life savings in the process.

The stock market crash is good for the investors on cash is king....
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 9:36pm On Oct 24, 2022
Zahra29:

I'm not saying they are racist, but what I do know is that racism does not automatically equal stupidity

The MPs knew that if they didn't choose the person they thought could deliver (whatever his colour) then they could face an early general election and with the polls as they are, get wiped out completely.

So even a racist (if any ) would choose the brown man over unemployment

Another angle is that the Tories love/respect money, and RS is said to be even wealthier than the king - not your regular brown man. Success has no enemies. It's difficult to victimise or discriminate against someone who could literally buy the whole of parliament. Levels.

That is the genesis of the whole argument.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by marylandcakes: 9:37pm On Oct 24, 2022
ukay2:

The stock market crash is good for the investors on cash is king....

But not the majority who live off the funds.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 9:39pm On Oct 24, 2022

7 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Zahra29: 9:42pm On Oct 24, 2022
AlphaUno:
Are there pure breed British people?
This one that there’s been intermarriages here and there.

When they say someone isn’t British, I guess they meant the individual is not white enough.
So, to them, BJ is British cos of his whiteness and not cos of his linage?

In a nutshell cheesy

The irony is that Alexander was born in the US (he gave up his US citizenship in 2016 due to US tax obligations - you know the IRS doesnt play) while RS was British born in the UK.

But guess which one they regard as "forrin" lol

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by marylandcakes: 9:49pm On Oct 24, 2022
Zahra29:

In a nutshell cheesy

The irony is that Alexander was born in the US (he gave up his US citizenship in 2016 due to US tax obligations - you know the IRS doesnt play) while RS was British born in the UK.

That’s the reality in the UK.

I pray that RS is able to put the right people in place to be able to deliver his mandate.

Good night all….. enough chat for one day.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wallg123: 10:10pm On Oct 24, 2022
RS hasn’t got a magic wand to turn the economy and image of the party around. I think they’ve set him up to fail. The only way forward is a general election according to some aggrieved conservative members and MPs, Labour Party MPs, SNP and Lib Dem Mps.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AgentXxx(m): 10:27pm On Oct 24, 2022
Tey tey Na him I use get job wey I Dey do now cheesy
hustla:

So, you sef don rish there

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by fatima04: 10:28pm On Oct 24, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Wahl senior is about £100+..... The one posted is only £27 (equally as good, if not better)....... grin

Abeg pls share the name or link
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 10:30pm On Oct 24, 2022
AgentXxx:
Tey tey Na him I use get job wey I Dey do now cheesy

How the process be? Can a student get 20 hr stuff there?

I just bomb like 10 this night

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 10:31pm On Oct 24, 2022
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 10:31pm On Oct 24, 2022

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by fatima04: 10:35pm On Oct 24, 2022
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AgentXxx(m): 10:39pm On Oct 24, 2022
No ooh, If you Dey find flexible job, check out www dot wearearc dot co dot uk

Omo you Dey vex oo, a whole ten jobs just this night
hustla:

How the process be? Can a student get 20 hr stuff there?

I just bomb like 10 this night

grin

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 10:45pm On Oct 24, 2022
AgentXxx:
No ooh, If you Dey find flexible job, check out www dot wearearc dot co dot uk

Omo you Dey vex oo, a whole ten jobs just this night

Not my fault, country hard grin

Signing up on the website, thanks wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by leef2022: 10:47pm On Oct 24, 2022
wallg123:
RS hasn’t got a magic wand to turn the economy and image of the party around. I think they’ve set him up to fail[b][/b]. The only way forward is a general election according to some aggrieved conservative members and MPs, Labour Party MPs, SNP and Lib Dem Mps.

Na so politics be. Their form of coup sweet. Mali suppose learn
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AlphaUno: 10:58pm On Oct 24, 2022
Zahra29:

In a nutshell cheesy

Exactly my point…..better oil dey your head!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by blank(f): 12:01am On Oct 25, 2022
dustydee:

I think you mis read his comment. He said:

The MPs have elected him, will the public? Remember, the conservative party members were not going to vote for him if Boris had made it to the ballot.

The video below sums up whay Phy123 was talikng about. Let's stop living in denial.

I don't agree. Boris got 102 nominations while Sunak got 177. With more nominations than Boris, means that more Tory MPs wanted him as PM than Boris. If he is able to turn the economy around post Brexit, he will win any general elections called. Right now, no Tory PM will win if an election is called.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 3:50am On Oct 25, 2022
I don't think we ever discussed balance transfer credit cards ...........

It's simply another credit card, but affords you the ability to payoff/transfer, other credit cards to it (my easiest interpretation)........

You currently have 3 credit cards with £5000 debt in total.........

You apply for a balance transfer credit card, push the £5K debt to it, usually at an interest free period of about 22 months, possibly with much better apr rates... You would then try to pay off that £5K debt, within your interest free period.......

NB: But while you transferred your balance to the donor card, don't use it anymore, till that £5K is fully paid off (remember your interest free period is for balance transferred and not new purchases)........

*My street explanation*........

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 4:05am On Oct 25, 2022
marylandcakes:
I pray that Rushi is able to reverse the damage that Lizz Truss has done to the economy. Cos investors have lost millions under Lizz.
Bless her though, poor woman…. sad she’s going to need a lot of support for those 44 days of hell. They gave her a tough time. She was out of her depth. Poor soul.

No do pass yourself......... grin

It's not every vacancy available, you must chook nose, if people dey push you....... Have a moment of self reflection.......

Although that £115,000 per annum, to her office...... Remains a very good icing on her cake ........ grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by BuildingProject: 6:16am On Oct 25, 2022
Estroller:

It does

Thanks for the highlight.
What if the dependant of a tier 2 holder leaves the country, Does he /she still qualifies for ILR?
Or both of them needs to be in the UK for the whole 5 years?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by semmyk(m): 7:13am On Oct 25, 2022
@22:25 UK signed free trade (zone) deal with Aux/NZ post. I say, how about that (free trade zone) with the whole Commonwealth countries. A UKCO or UKCO or UC zone! #JustSayingNio
@Ticha: how's the UK free trade with Aux/NZ going.
Bourne007:
"Hilarious, so worried about the Polish stealing their jobs now they just have the whole company in Poland"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO2lWmgEK1Y
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Goke7: 7:18am On Oct 25, 2022
wallg123:
RS hasn’t got a magic wand to turn the economy and image of the party around. I think they’ve set him up to fail. The only way forward is a general election according to some aggrieved conservative members and MPs, Labour Party MPs, SNP and Lib Dem Mps.

My thoughts exactly, even if he delivers, there will be problem, if he doesn't deliver, double problem. For BJ and penny to withdraw, something dey. We dey here waiting for season 2.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dustydee: 7:39am On Oct 25, 2022
blank:

I don't agree. Boris got 102 nominations while Sunak got 177. With more nominations than Boris, means that more Tory MPs wanted him as PM than Boris. If he is able to turn the economy around post Brexit, he will win any general elections called. Right now, no Tory PM will win if an election is called.
Who told you Boris had 102 nominations? Yes, Boris himself - The liar. Take that with a pinch of salt.
Even some commentators from newspapers that support him doubt that figure. Else why did he approach Rishi for a collabo and when that did not work he went to Penny to lend him her support? The polls showed that he would have won the party members vote if it went to them and the ambitous Boris would have taken it except something was not quite right this time.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by semmyk(m): 7:43am On Oct 25, 2022
That streetwise loud gan. Even be like KFC *streetwise*
Interestingly, with all said on CC on this thread, balance transfer has been off discussion. Serious oversight. Thanks Lexusgs430.
Remember those days Barclaycard was bombarding me smiley
On a good day, one should aim for the consensus on this thread: Don't get into debt on your CC. If however you do, for good reasons, then get it cleared off and start debt free life again.
If transferring, aim for the 3 big '0'
The ideal balance transfer credit card comes with three big zeroes:
- 0% introductory APR offer for balance transfers.
- £0 annual fee.
- £0 balance transfer fee (or a way to avoid paying such a fee).
The zero £ balance transfer might be hard to get. Someone, has to make money somewhere!!!
Perhaps this might make an educative read: [url]Balance transfer credit cards - Shift existing card debt to 0% interest for up to 34 months www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/balance-transfer-credit-cards/[/url]
Please note, your balance transfer might end up not being 100%. It might in all likelihood be balance transfer limit of 90% to 95% of your total credit limit. You just offset the remaining 5 to 10% leftover (i.e. pay off) with the savings from the new balance transfered credit card.
Lexusgs430:
It's simply another credit card, but affords you the ability to payoff/transfer, other credit cards to it (my easiest interpretation)........
You apply for a balance transfer credit card, push the £5K debt to it, usually at an interest free period of about 22 months, possibly with much better apr rates... You would then try to pay off that £5K debt, within your interest free period .......
NB: But while you transferred your balance to the donor card, don't use it anymore, till that £5K is fully paid off (remember your interest free period is for balance transferred and not new purchases)........

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Naijapensioner(m): 7:48am On Oct 25, 2022
Lexusgs430:

£20 * ₦800 = ₦16,000 (for a haircut), that would last only one week ............. grin

Welcome to the youkay......... grin

Buy this cordless clipper, use your head as the guinea pig....... Eventually, practice would make perfect....... cheesy

Oga, I need pounds. Will send you a message on your whatsApp number
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 8:21am On Oct 25, 2022
Lexusgs430:

You apply for a balance transfer credit card, push the £5K debt to it, usually at an interest free period of about 22 months, possibly with much better apr rates... You would then try to pay off that £5K debt, within your interest free period.......

Interesting.

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (687) (688) (689) (690) (691) (692) (693) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.