Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,922 members, 7,821,227 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (699) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1183044 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (696) (697) (698) (699) (700) (701) (702) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 7:17pm On Oct 30, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Pixel devices, don't have dual space....... But SARS no dey UK .........

You can now get a Pixel 6 pro, for £500 (Brand new)........

Prices have come down for the trade in? It's still high o
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chreze(m): 7:36pm On Oct 30, 2022
Amarathripple0:
Hi @ Chreze , quick question please: is there a fast track for PSW? like a priority service, as opposed to waiting for 8 weeks. Thanks

I don’t think so. Everyone I know got it like 2 days after application except me. Even my dependents got it months before mine. I don’t think I know or heard of anyone who got delayed PSW.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 7:45pm On Oct 30, 2022
hustla:

Prices have come down for the trade in? It's still high o

Via eBay...... Google still dey do yanga....... Price go fall, before Xmas........... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Amarathripple0: 7:49pm On Oct 30, 2022
Chreze:

I don’t think so. Everyone I know got it like 2 days after application except me. Even my dependents got it months before mine. I don’t think I know or heard of anyone who got delayed PSW.

Oh wow, that must have been annoying. Thanks a lot. I guess I have nothing to worry about then.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 7:54pm On Oct 30, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Via eBay...... Google still dey do yanga....... Price go fall, before Xmas........... cheesy

We dey here dey wait

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ceeybee: 8:08pm On Oct 30, 2022
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chreze(m): 8:08pm On Oct 30, 2022
Amarathripple0:

Oh wow, that must have been annoying. Thanks a lot. I guess I have nothing to worry about then.

Yeah, it was frustrating. But I don forgive them grin .

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by domin8(f): 8:39pm On Oct 30, 2022
hustla:

Natural history musuem, Canary Wharf, London Bridge grin

Thanks for the suggestion. More recommendations are welcome please. smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 8:40pm On Oct 30, 2022
Ceeybee:
Hello, my partner travel to the UK via student visa, a week before he left we got married but while applying for his visa he filled single as we were not married before then but planned to. Although it was a really quiet marriage just families with almost no photos. (Had to go to a studio to take the pictures). Also I’m older than him with 3 years. I don’t know if this will affect anything as I’m about to apply for my dependent Visa this week? Please any expert in the house on things like this please help me

Was your marriage conducted in the living room or at a registry.............

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 8:58pm On Oct 30, 2022
bigtt76:
Ok just wanted something I can pay for in installments. I'm looking at Xiaomi Note 11 Pro + 5G. I will give it a try via ebay though. Thanks

Ok, you can get brand new for less than £300
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by giselle237: 9:12pm On Oct 30, 2022
Ceeybee:
Hello, my partner travel to the UK via student visa, a week before he left we got married but while applying for his visa he filled single as we were not married before then but planned to. Although it was a really quiet marriage just families with almost no photos. (Had to go to a studio to take the pictures). Also I’m older than him with 3 years. I don’t know if this will affect anything as I’m about to apply for my dependent Visa this week? Please any expert in the house on things like this please help me
so the whole event finished and no pictures on the EVENT day in this day and age wey techno, infinix, xiomi, huawei full.. everyone has a mobile phone with camera so which one is the whole event nobody snapped… then u ppl rushed to studio afterwards to snap.
The old me would say turn this stew well.. but I have repented.

Anyway even unmarried partners can apply for dependent visa. The pass mark is only given when you provide proof of genuine relationship… calls, chats, pictures, joint bank statements, joint bills, joint tenancy agreements, joint purchases, wedding certificates, if you have children together, dentist letters, bank letters, doctors letters if you were living together etc.
then the question about age difference doesn’t matter.. you are free to be with who you want irrespective of age difference

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ceeybee: 9:30pm On Oct 30, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Was your marriage conducted in the living room or at a registry.............

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 9:30pm On Oct 30, 2022
Ceeybee:

Living room

What marriage certificate, do you intend to proof your union..........

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 9:32pm On Oct 30, 2022
bigtt76:
Ok just wanted something I can pay for in installments. I'm looking at Xiaomi Note 11 Pro + 5G. I will give it a try via ebay though. Thanks

I found a Xiaomi for you .......... grin

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Amarathripple0: 9:34pm On Oct 30, 2022
Chreze:

Yeah, it was frustrating. But I don forgive them grin .
Lol I can imagine. Pele
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 10:27pm On Oct 30, 2022
Lexusgs430:

I think someone got without doing registry etc

The type of common law stuff they do in Canada but they had to prove they lived together and paid bills etc
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dustydee: 10:54pm On Oct 30, 2022
Lexusgs430:

In terms of smartphones ........ Pixels first, others behind ....... cheesy

We pixel users don't usually have anything to hide ......... We have dual SIM, but no dual space ........ wink
Ah! Has Umidigi sacked you as brand ambassador or dem no pay you your sponsorship fee? grin

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by yolkman20: 11:05pm On Oct 30, 2022
Good evening,
To everyone, especially dem bosses who has been doing the lord's work from day1 on this thread, I greet una. Thanks for all you do.
Please i seek opinions/advice on this....

Wifey will be completing her course in London and we've planned to relocated to outside London but we haven't concluded where. I am into construction and i'm currently working as a site manager on contract through the agencies and i've completed 2 short term projects now, So i intend to find full time jobs in where ever we relocated to. She's a business analyst and she's currently taking courses and boot-camps to boost her chances of jobs when she graduate.

So i conducted a soft research and we are looking at midlands(Birmingham to be precised) for a few reasons. My research shows Birmingham has plenty construction jobs and its the 3rd after London and Manchester. More so, there are plenty white colar jobs there so it'll be easy for wifey to get BA role to get her career started. But i'm more worried about the CONS.

Everyone i told about it scares me away from Birmingham, saying crime rate extremely high, car insurance is terrific, and so many other things. We are living cool in london just that we wanna try cut expenses and have a quality lifestyle because we're currently staying in a shared apartment. I sincerely don't wanna go wrong with this and this is why I need ya'll advice and suggestions for alternative locations we can choose considering the main factor (Construction jobs and BA role). And of course lower living expenses and quality lifestyle.

I look forward to your comments...

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mellady(f): 11:07pm On Oct 30, 2022
Hi all, please do you get taxed on fixed deposit savings?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 11:22pm On Oct 30, 2022
dustydee:

Ah! Has Umidigi sacked you as brand ambassador or dem no pay you your sponsorship fee? grin

I only signed a 14 month contract....... cheesy

And in that 14 month's, Umidigi had massive penetration in the Nigerian market, registering massive sales of over ₦800,000,000......... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dustydee: 11:25pm On Oct 30, 2022
Lexusgs430:

I only signed a 14 month contract....... cheesy

And in that 14 month's, Umidigi had massive penetration in the Nigerian market, registering massive sales of over ₦800,000,000......... cheesy
shocked shocked
Oga, make I send my account number?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ceeybee: 11:41pm On Oct 30, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 11:49pm On Oct 30, 2022
Ceeybee:

We have a marriage certificate from church

If it's government approved, you are good .......

Some churches issue marriage certificates, that a worthless, tissue papers have more weight ......... wink

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 11:50pm On Oct 30, 2022
dustydee:

shocked shocked
Oga, make I send my account number?

Haba, you forget say I get 3 pickins and a wife......... cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 12:09am On Oct 31, 2022

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 12:22am On Oct 31, 2022
yolkman20:
Good evening,
To everyone, especially dem bosses who has been doing the lord's work from day1 on this thread, I greet una. Thanks for all you do.

So i conducted a soft research and we are looking at midlands(Birmingham to be precised) for a few reasons. My research shows Birmingham has plenty construction jobs and its the 3rd after London and Manchester. More so, there are plenty white colar jobs there so it'll be easy for wifey to get BA role to get her career started. But i'm more worried about the CONS.

Following with interest so I can learn a bit more about Birmingham

Why not choose Manchester then? Leeds always appears before Manchester as a top place when i search though smiley

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 1:16am On Oct 31, 2022
yolkman20:
Good evening,

To start with, anyone that discourages you from going to Birmingham should have to suggest an alternative place, you shouldn't tell me where is bad without telling me where is better.

That being said, there is nowhere without crime, in UK, it is mostly common around city centers and places occupied by people living under benefits. so don't be scared of Birmingham because of crime, just be selective about where you stay there. There are still people there and they just hosted common wealth games. I have friends too.

The advice my uncle gave based on his personal experience was that I should avoid areas occupied mostly by people that rely on govt. benefits (regardless of the city) because they frustrated his life. He didn’t change city, he just changed area.

You are going to be good with Birmingham just select the particular area you will stay well.

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ceeybee: 1:39am On Oct 31, 2022
Lexusgs430:

If it's government approved, you are good .......

Some churches issue marriage certificates, that a worthless, tissue papers have more weight ......... wink

Yes it,
Thank You very much for your assistance
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Amarathripple0: 1:54am On Oct 31, 2022
yolkman20:
Good evening,

I look forward to your comments...

I don’t know a lot about Birmingham and how safe it is. However, I think you should explore the option of getting a job first before moving as your job is site dependent unlike your wife’s job which she can do remotely. Most of the open BA roles that I have seen are either fully remote or hybrid. So do not limit your search to a particular city based on her role. As for yours, be open to a wide range of location because with a lot of construction companies, their head office might be in London or Reading but you would have to travel all over the UK to client sites to execute.

These companies below are always hiring, so checkout their LinkedIn and Website for job updates.

https://www.gensler.com/
https://www.balfourbeatty.com/
https://www.kier.co.uk/
https://www.gallifordtry.co.uk/
https://www.macegroup.com/

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AirBay: 2:15am On Oct 31, 2022
yolkman20:

Crime no dy London...Birmingham is good, constructions throughout the year.

Move to Birmingham and enjoy a quality life.

Manchester, Leeds, Sheffield are great as well.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Folabifreeman(m): 4:09am On Oct 31, 2022
How do you apply for credit card as an international student with no work experience
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 4:19am On Oct 31, 2022
cheesy nice one.... You wan bankrupt me eh cheesy cheesy

Lexusgs430:

I found a Xiaomi for you .......... grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (696) (697) (698) (699) (700) (701) (702) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.