Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,353 members, 7,822,670 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (724) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1184147 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (721) (722) (723) (724) (725) (726) (727) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 4:25pm On Nov 18, 2022
donshegzy:
Thanks baba.

I don’t intend to touch the money. I’m using it as savings/backup funds while I spend whatever I make in the UK.

I just wanted to be safe because I no wan use my hand spoil investment wey don dey ground.

So far it does go through your N.I, just dey your dey grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by semmyk(m): 4:37pm On Nov 18, 2022
Kindly checkout Fatima04 previous link and image. All the best.
Debawen:
... ... The refund has been approved and credited into their various account since september this year and the company is not having a turn around saying they do not process refund and do not involve themselves with IHS refund. All i want is for my IHS refund to be paid to me by the travel company since it has been credited into their account.

Please i need help or advice to go about getting my IHS refund from this people. The company have decided to stop responding to our emails claiming our file has been closed. I have all the evidence including transaction details.
Thank you for you help.
fatima04:
See attached and follow the link for more information
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/immigration-health-surcharge-applying-for-a-refund/immigration-health-surcharge-guidance-for-reimbursement-2020#annex

semmyk:
I'll assume UKVI is aware of batter's shutdown and might even attempt to contact you; either when refunding or failed refund.
Whichever way, my gut feeling is to try and contact them ahead of time explicitly articulating the circumstances factual.

I don't know if this still works:
Contact Details for UK Visa and Immigration Enquiries
Email: UKVAIG.ServiceIntegration@fco.gov.uk
UK Telephone: +44 1243 213 322
Open: 10:00am - 6:00pm
curled from www.theukrules.co.uk/rules/immigration/arriving/healthcare/refund.html
dduchess90:
.... This is a long time, can he contact UKVI and request for this refund through this link
https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk
I don't know if it is the same link he has
Cheers

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by OgbeniOptional(m): 5:02pm On Nov 18, 2022
No, i didn’t apply for anything. £66 energy bill support scheme and bulb energy says it’s for Six month.

Zahra29:

There was a one-off energy rebate that was given to most people (living in properties rated council tax band D and below), however I believe this rebate was either paid into the specified bank account or deducted from the council tax bill (as opposed to the energy bill).

Where in the UK are you based, and do you recall applying for any support with cost of living or energy payments?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by davide470(m): 5:45pm On Nov 18, 2022
OgbeniOptional:
No, i didn’t apply for anything. £66 energy bill support scheme and bulb energy says it’s for Six month.
This is the £400 energy support scheme by the Government. It is for ALL so not a PF.

£66 for 2 months (Starting in Oct 2022) and £67 for 4 months (Ending in March 2023). If you pay through DD, it gets automatically credited to your bank account, if not, you will see it in your energy statement as a credit.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Promoter2: 6:54pm On Nov 18, 2022
HollyMadison:
Please can anyone offer advice on this?

We’ve called, emailed, escalated but there’s no timeframe or eta. Passport is still with TLS vi, all they said is that they’ll send an email and the family is still waiting in Nigeria.

HollyMadison:
Hi elders, please we need urgent help.

TLS made a mistake on a visa and put the wrong biometric details on a passport. They collected the passport and said 5days, they are there now and TLS is saying they can’t do anything (they are still holding the passport).

UKVI is saying there’s nothing they can do that TLS should correct their error.

What can we do?

So sorry about this. How about the date on the BRP letter, is it the right one?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by OgbeniOptional(m): 7:16pm On Nov 18, 2022
Thank God. Thanks a lot for the clarification. I don almost shit for body.

davide470:
This is the £400 energy support scheme by the Government. It is for ALL so not a PF.

£66 for 2 months (Starting in Oct 2022) and £67 for 4 months (Ending in March 2023). If you pay through DD, it gets automatically credited to your bank account, if not, you will see it in your energy statement as a credit.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Focus99: 8:24pm On Nov 18, 2022
Illegal is common in the USA and Canada. USA is so rugged menh

rinzylee:

Oh yeah, this may just be the perfect explanation. Because, I used to take UK police and intelligence for granted till I watched some movies and documentaries which led me into some kind of research.

Men, the country no dey play o..... they are not noisy like USA, but they will sniff you out silently.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Solumtoya: 8:46pm On Nov 18, 2022
OgbeniOptional:
Hello everyone, please is this energy funds public funds? I get some money automatically added to my energy statements. A bit confused

Most likely not, As the grant is being applied directly to all energy customers, it can be accessed by a person with no recourse to public funds.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 9:21pm On Nov 18, 2022
Chreze:
Is the 30% credit card rule applicable to shopping cards that offer buy now pay later plans. E.g the Argos card with say £800 credit limit. Cos when you buy say an item for £200 for 3 months, the £200 is deducted from you limit. Does that mean you won’t use the card till you pay that off in the assumed 3months. Or the £200 is just for that month n you can continue you 30% rule the following month on the other amount left.

Cos I believe if you have to pay the first monthly 30% off before making another purchase then it beats the whole buy now pay later offer on the card. Anyone with knowledge on this subject.
If the card says interest free for 3 months. Then, if you spend £200 in the first month and you decide not to pay. No charges apply but as soon as your 3 months interest free period is over.
All credit taken within each statement period will accrue interest.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Susom(f): 11:44pm On Nov 18, 2022
So sorry about your situation.
Maybe get a lawyer to write to them with copies of your proof. This is quite sad. Do they have a regulatory body? You can also write to them.
Debawen:
Hello everyone,

I relocated to the UK over a year ago and the travel processes was done by a travel company in Nigeria. We were eligible for IHS refund, so i informed the designated agent assigned to us when we did out travel arrangment in Nigeria to inform her that i will be applying for the refund, she told me to provide proof once i have applied because the Uk gov will only refund the IHS to originating account that IHS is paid from which happens to be from the MD and his wife account. The refund has been approved and credited into their various account since september this year and the company is not having a turn around saying they do not process refund and do not involve themselves with IHS refund. All i want is for my IHS refund to be paid to me by the travel company since it has been credited into their account.

Please i need help or advice to go about getting my IHS refund from this people. The company have decided to stop responding to our emails claiming our file has been closed. I have all the evidence including transaction details.

Thank you for you help.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Susom(f): 11:47pm On Nov 18, 2022
You may wish to log into Experian, download your full report to check if all you have stated here is actually recorded. You may also wish to check Equifax to be sure that you are indeed enrolled. Sometimes Experian will give you a perfect score but when you check, you discover that the information they have about you is limited.
Igbamatigbi:
Hello,

I know this have been talked about many times but I need help on this please.

I have been in UK for 13 months for 2 years Masters, I registered with Experian and my score is 845. I have tried to apply for a credit card even with AMEX , I saw a link here and applied and was rejected.
I don’t know what I am doing wrong, I have registered on credit ladder for some months now, I am registered on electoral roll. I have direct debit for data, NHS prescription and Netflix.

Please can someone help out? Experian sent a random mail that I qualify for Backlay credit card, I applied and was rejected, what should I do ?
Thanks .

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Susom(f): 11:49pm On Nov 18, 2022
I believe you just answered your question if that’s what is stated on UKVI
CheesyTee:

He will need to switch and the UKVI page said dependent can apply same time as me or at a different time before their current visa expires.

Since he is out of the UK before I switched, I want to confirm if he can use his BRP which has student dependent to enter the UK.

Yes, you can PM me

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Estroller: 12:00am On Nov 19, 2022
Chreze:
Is the 30% credit card rule applicable to shopping cards that offer buy now pay later plans. E.g the Argos card with say £800 credit limit. Cos when you buy say an item for £200 for 3 months, the £200 is deducted from you limit. Does that mean you won’t use the card till you pay that off in the assumed 3months. Or the £200 is just for that month n you can continue you 30% rule the following month on the other amount left.

Cos I believe if you have to pay the first monthly 30% off before making another purchase then it beats the whole buy now pay later offer on the card. Anyone with knowledge on this subject.

It is 30% of your credit limit and not your available credit. So going by that logic and £800 credit limit you sighted, you'll have £40 left to spend until you clear your balance.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by davide470(m): 12:51am On Nov 19, 2022
Osoderi:
Good morning house my hubby lost his dad and the dad buriel is January next yr. He wanted to renew his passport and after doing his NIN last month, he went for recapturing at their office and they found out there was a mistake in his middle name and they told him to re- do it again and after two weeks he comes bk from recapturing. This really made us sad. pls I want to confirm if he can travel with emergency document for the burial,bc he has indenfite leave. pls house could u pls kindly advice. Thank you.
My Condolence! A friend that travelled to Nigeria today saw this at the airport.

Interpret at your own discretion though.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by lavida001: 1:24am On Nov 19, 2022
Guys this 20Hrs Term time work permit. What does it really mean?
Because some people said even during Christmas holidays you are not allowed to work more than 20Hrs. Please someone should clarify.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chreze(m): 2:36am On Nov 19, 2022
Estroller:

It is 30% of your credit limit and not your available credit. So going by that logic and £800 credit limit you sighted, you'll have £40 left to spend until you clear your balance.

Thanks. Thought of it this way, but it was hard for me to accept because I felt like it actually defeats the whole buy now pay later option. cos after one item, Then you will have to clear that before another usage, which I think will reduce their chance of making more from the customer. I think plans like this will be cool on like a 2k card limit where you can buy an item for say £300 n still have something for normal credit (daily groceries) monthly.

Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by sammydoe: 7:22am On Nov 19, 2022
Any one looking for a single room in SE London close to zone 1 holla at me, must be a single person oh abeg no couple or kids biko grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by CowbellY: 7:23am On Nov 19, 2022
Chreze:

Thanks. Thought of it this way, but it was hard for me to accept because I felt like it actually defeats the whole buy now pay later option. cos after one item, Then you will have to clear that before another usage, which I think will reduce their chance of making more from the customer. I think plans like this will be cool on like a 2k card limit where you can buy an item for say £300 n still have something for normal credit (daily groceries) monthly.

Thanks.

You can use it because I don't think BNPL cards work like credit cards. Its like Klarna or Afterpay. As long as you meet the repayments. Should be okay. In my opinion. NFA
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Shanid(m): 7:27am On Nov 19, 2022
LagosismyHome:

The cost is the one for £140

Plus VAT ,its around 177pounds.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chreze(m): 7:44am On Nov 19, 2022
CowbellY:

You can use it because I don't think BNPL cards work like credit cards. Its like Klarna or Afterpay. As long as you meet the repayments. Should be okay. In my opinion. NFA

You know these Argos still call theirs credit card. Klarna’s own is clearly advertised as buy now pay later payment option. Plus, klarna doesn’t advertise any use limit for you. They just check if you qualify and set the payment plan up for you.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 7:50am On Nov 19, 2022
Shanid:

Plus VAT ,its around 177pounds.

From Nigeria there is no Vat.....

Although I assume the person is still in Nigeria which actually might be wrong, the person can also be in the UK
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rayralph(m): 7:55am On Nov 19, 2022
Chreze:

Argos card is credit card.

Any spend above 25 - 30% will reflect on your credit file and most likely nick your score.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Osoderi(m): 8:15am On Nov 19, 2022
davide470:
My Condolence! A friend that travelled to Nigeria today saw this at the airport.

Interpret at your own discretion though.

Thank u. but the problem is coming back to UK, can he still travel from Nigeria with that expired passport?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 8:22am On Nov 19, 2022
Osoderi:

Thank u. but the problem is coming back to UK, can he still travel from Nigeria with that expired passport?

Yes but only if the person is holding ILR or a British passport otherwise no.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 9:19am On Nov 19, 2022
lavida001:
Because some people said even during Christmas holidays you are not allowed to work more than 20Hrs. Please someone should clarify.

A picture from Google, for emphasis........

What does TERM TIME, mean to you........... In relation to working time restrictions, during TERM TIME & NON TERM TIME..........

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Solumtoya: 9:48am On Nov 19, 2022
justwise:

[/b]

You sure? Even with ILR, the person might still need a valid passport.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 10:31am On Nov 19, 2022
Solumtoya:

Might,,because some Nigerian immigration officers are corrupt, years ago i went to Nigeria for just 8days and my passport expired just a day before i returned. When i was questioned about it i told them that i will renew it in the UK as it was a short unplanned trip. I was asked to step aside and after awhile i was allowed to go.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by MichaelUde: 11:01am On Nov 19, 2022
lavida001:

This has been thrashed out many times.
Which course you dey read - if na standard 9 months masters, your only holiday periods na your university's Easter and Christmas breaks and na then you fit work more than 20 hours a week.

Any other master's course length/undergraduate, ask your uni.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by semmyk(m): 11:02am On Nov 19, 2022
As I understand it, YouKay gov says Passport AND proof of status (BRP with ILR or Visa ...).
www.gov.uk/uk-border-control/before-you-leave-for-the-uk
Also see www.gov.uk/uk-border-control/at-border-control
[Edited] At times, some might many get away with it. At times, seemly it's because of the assumption if (s)he has valid ILR, most likely (s)he has the right: no need to make 'queues' long!
Typically, Naturally, ILRs gravitate towards the UK/EEA lane. Checks are less tedious. Operationally, the BRP Identity is checked (fingerprint linked to database) without all the 'questioning'

Once a person scale boarding in 9ja (BRP with proof of ILR, convince 'em that 9ja passport under processing by High commission in UK...), typically coast clear. Would normally not be refused entry in UK (if at all, just some inconveniences)
Solumtoya:
justwise:
Osoderi:
Osoderi:
... ... pls I want to confirm if he can travel with emergency document for the burial,bc he has indenfite leave. pls house could u pls kindly advice. Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by semmyk(m): 12:10pm On Nov 19, 2022
Seems 'auntie' Suella now learn (or is it learning) to 'take it slow' while the 'boss' Rishi gives the direction on how to focus on tackling illegal migration.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wanney: 12:19pm On Nov 19, 2022
semmyk:
Seems 'auntie' Suella now learn (or is it learning) to 'take it slow' while the 'boss' Rishi gives the direction on how to focus on tackling illegal migration.

the powers that be don pull her ear, like d adage wey say 'let him who has ears hear'

on a lighter note elders in the house please recommend website for black friday sale, need some domestic applicances and hoping I can get good savings.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ELff: 12:42pm On Nov 19, 2022
Please talking about this LISA, IA it true you can only use the funds for a new build assuming your plan is to use the money to buy a house.

Also please is the 25% government is giving considered public funds.

For someone like me looking to open one, when is the best time to start?

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (721) (722) (723) (724) (725) (726) (727) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.