Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,575 members, 7,812,871 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:06 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (740) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1171131 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (737) (738) (739) (740) (741) (742) (743) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Focus99: 12:00pm On Nov 30, 2022
Thank you

Amarathripple0:

There are A LOT of care jobs online offering tier 2 sponsorship. Your friend should utilise google and stop looking to pay for things that are easily accessible please smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Focus99: 12:01pm On Nov 30, 2022
Thanks for your reply

koonbey:

I don't know any personally but everywhere on the streets where I am (Devon) there are adverts for care/support workers. I think all your friend needs to do is walk into some of those offices and ask them frontally if they are offering sponsorship, because like others have said, they are all certainly hiring. By the time they enter like five or six or 10, I'm sure the sponsorship will be set.

Someone already in the UK should not struggle to find care work with sponsorship from what little I know.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bamangar: 12:10pm On Nov 30, 2022
Please i need an advise. I will be coming to the UK in 2023 as a student. I have paid my school fees and will soon start processing my visa. I want to learn a skill before coming by April. Barbing or baking, which would be more beneficial and profitable to a student?

I will be waiting for your reply.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rayralph(m): 12:18pm On Nov 30, 2022
Gloriouscrown:

Hi Mimi, someone I know got an offer with a particular trust, band 2 but 10.10£ per hour. He tried to ask for sponsorship but the Hr said they don't sponsor unless his line manager endorses him. He is yet to start the job but his tier 4 visa expires mid next year. He is keen on this job because it's a stone throw to his accommodation and he is not planning on moving anywhere else for now. Any advice regarding sponsorship?

Cc rayralph, everyone with any pointers.

Thank you

Unless you have some clinical skills & possible band 3 prospects, forget about sponsorship.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ojtopsy: 1:51pm On Nov 30, 2022
rayralph:

Unless you have some clinical skills & possible band 3 prospects, forget about sponsorship.

can you please explain what clinical skill mean?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 2:29pm On Nov 30, 2022
bamangar:
Please i need an advise. I will be coming to the UK in 2023 as a student. I have paid my school fees and will soon start processing my visa. I want to learn a skill before coming by April. Barbing or baking, which would be more beneficial and profitable to a student?

Learn barbing. If you've got a lot of black students in your uni, you can make some cool money cutting hair.

Just so someone does not quote me as advising rule breaking, I have to inform you that any "side business" is technically against the self-employment restriction of the Tier4/student visa scheme.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Gloriouscrown: 3:25pm On Nov 30, 2022
rayralph:

Are you saying nhs doesn't sponsor at band 2?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bamangar: 3:41pm On Nov 30, 2022
kode12:

Learn barbing. If you've got a lot of black students in your uni, you can make some cool money cutting hair.

Okay thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 3:45pm On Nov 30, 2022
Gloriouscrown:

Hi Mimi, someone I know got an offer with a particular trust, band 2 but 10.10£ per hour. He tried to ask for sponsorship but the Hr said they don't sponsor unless his line manager endorses him. He is yet to start the job but his tier 4 visa expires mid next year. He is keen on this job because it's a stone throw to his accommodation and he is not planning on moving anywhere else for now. Any advice regarding sponsorship?

Thank you

He likes the job, it's close to his home, there's a possibility of sponsorship if the line manager likes his work, so why not take the job and start working out how to get the manager to endorse him? He's not tied to the job, while there, he can continue to look for other options incase this one fails before that time. Mid next year is 6months away, that's enough time to get his/her ducks in a row. By the 3-4month, the manager should know if they want to keep him/her, the manager might even sponsor because they don't want to go through the hassle of another recruitment and training process with a new starter.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Gloriouscrown: 4:03pm On Nov 30, 2022
kode12:

He likes the job, it's close to his home, there's a possibility of sponsorship if the line manager likes his work, so why not take the job and start working out how to get the manager to endorse him? He's not tied to the job, while there, he can continue to look for other options incase this one fails before that time. Mid next year is 6months away, that's enough time to get his/her ducks in a row. By the 3-4month, the manager should know if they want to keep him/her, the manager might even sponsor because they don't want to go through the hassle of another recruitment and training process with a new starter.

Thank you for this advice.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mimilyrics: 4:51pm On Nov 30, 2022
Most jobs don't because it doesn't meet the minimum pay except the person is being paid at the top pay point. The only other reason that band 2 jobs will be sponsored will be if the jobs are clinical and/or on the shortage occupation list.
Gloriouscrown:

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mimilyrics: 4:57pm On Nov 30, 2022
What kind of job is it? Is it an HCA role because I know that HCAs are sometimes sponsored at Band 2? Is it on the shortage occupation list? Why is the person not looking for jobs with higher banding now or after spending a few months in this role if the person is just trying to get NHS experience? It is very easy to get stuck at lower bands with low pay in the NHS if desperate. Aside sponsorship, will the person be willing to remain stuck at that level for a while as it can be sometimes difficult to move up bands in the NHS if the current role doesn't give much room to take higher- level responsibilities?
Gloriouscrown:

Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Gloriouscrown: 7:23pm On Nov 30, 2022
mimilyrics:
What kind of job is it? Is it an HCA role because I know that HCAs are sometimes sponsored at Band 2? Is it on the shortage occupation list? Why is the person not looking for jobs with higher banding now or after spending a few months in this role if the person is just trying to get NHS experience? It is very easy to get stuck at lower bands with low pay in the NHS if desperate. Aside sponsorship, will the person be willing to remain stuck at that level for a while as it can be sometimes difficult to move up bands in the NHS if the current role doesn't give much room to take higher- level responsibilities?

Hi Mimi, the role is mental health care assistant. I believe he wants the sponsorship so he can start counting down to ILR.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rayralph(m): 9:52pm On Nov 30, 2022
Gloriouscrown:

Hi Mimi, the role is mental health care assistant. I believe he wants the sponsorship so he can start counting down to ILR.

Mental HCA is band 3…. In Scotland
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mizGene(f): 9:57pm On Nov 30, 2022
Gloriouscrown:

Thank you
Someone on tier 4 should really be aspiring for more, band 2 is not great start for a post grad degree holder. He should not have a closed mind to the other many opportunities out there.

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rayralph(m): 9:57pm On Nov 30, 2022
Gloriouscrown:

Yes, unless he’s an exception with clinical skills( Venepuncture, Cannulation etc.) and also favored by the line manager.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mizGene(f): 9:58pm On Nov 30, 2022
bamangar:

Hair, nails cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rayralph(m): 10:01pm On Nov 30, 2022
mizGene:

Someone on tier 4 should really be aspiring for more, band 2 is not great start for a post grad degree holder. He should not have a closed mind to the other many opportunities out there.

This is largely because of how we grew up in Nigeria.

Most migrants don’t think big at all. We’re comfortable with the bare minimum. I faced this too until I started pushing for more.

Job requirements are ordinary wishlist. If you’re familiar with at least one requirement, apply away.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mizGene(f): 10:09pm On Nov 30, 2022
rayralph:

Most migrants don’t think big at all. We’re comfortable with the bare minimum. I faced this too until I started pushing for more.

Job requirements are ordinary wishlist. If you’re familiar with at least one requirement, apply away.

Totally agree with job requirements, that has been my experience. Even my current job, thanks to LinkedIn easy apply, here I am cheesy If it wasn't for "easy apply", I probably would not have bothered.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by vanod: 10:27pm On Nov 30, 2022
Hi Good Evening everyone,

Please I am looking for an accomodation in Glasgow, around Shawlands, Off Glasgow City center or Cartcat anyone with useful info pls help contacts of house agents around there.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by JustJoy0717: 10:28pm On Nov 30, 2022
Hi Mimi,

I got a Band 3 HCA offer but the HR lady I'm liaising with says that they don't sponsor that level unless I'm earning £25060 and that HCA is not on shortlist occupation list. But based on what you've just posted, I see she isn't correct. Can I challenge this with her, and go ahead to request for sponsorship. I really want d job, cos it has prospect for career growth, which is my main focus.

mimilyrics:
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Amarathripple0: 10:29pm On Nov 30, 2022
rayralph:

Honestly, If I had seen this your comment last year I would have disagreed, but with what I've seen on this platform. I'm honestly worried. It's as if people are scared to strive for more. Platforms like Indeed, LinkedIn, Total Jobs, Glassdoor etc post great jobs every minute. I pray our people stop settling because being stuck with bad pay all in the name of Tier 2 visa and ILR is worrisome. sad

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rayralph(m): 11:03pm On Nov 30, 2022
JustJoy0717:
Hi Mimi,

I got a Band 3 HCA offer but the HR lady I'm liaising with says that they don't sponsor that level unless I'm earning £25060 and that HCA is not on shortlist occupation list. But based on what you've just posted, I see she isn't correct. Can I challenge this with her, and go ahead to request for sponsorship. I really want d job, cos it has prospect for career growth, which is my main focus.

full time permanent position? 37.5 hrs ?

Challenge

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/national-pay-scales-for-eligible-healthcare-jobs/national-pay-scales-for-eligible-healthcare-occupation-codes
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by JustJoy0717: 11:25pm On Nov 30, 2022
Yes, full time 37.5hrs
Noted, I'll go ahead and send a mail. Thank you.

rayralph:

full time permanent position? 37.5 hrs ?

Challenge

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/national-pay-scales-for-eligible-healthcare-jobs/national-pay-scales-for-eligible-healthcare-occupation-codes
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rayralph(m): 12:20am On Dec 01, 2022
JustJoy0717:
Yes, full time 37.5hrs
Noted, I'll go ahead and send a mail. Thank you.

https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/if-you-work-in-healthcare-or-education

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Gloriouscrown: 1:22am On Dec 01, 2022
rayralph:

Mental HCA is band 3…. In Scotland

It's in England.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Gloriouscrown: 1:23am On Dec 01, 2022
rayralph:

Yes, unless he’s an exception with clinical skills( Venepuncture, Cannulation etc.) and also favored by the line manager.

Oh OK. Thanks for the clarification.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Gloriouscrown: 1:23am On Dec 01, 2022
mizGene:

Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Gloriouscrown: 1:39am On Dec 01, 2022
Please can someone recommend an app to help me pass my theory Test?

Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Maturedhustler: 3:48am On Dec 01, 2022
Poanan:

From what i used to know, Scottish child payment is public funds. I dont know if a new regulations has overturned the earlier.

Someone close to me fell victim of thos. Though not in recent times. The person was asked to pay the money that was then. Then they were more withs things like this done by immigrants.
If the position still remains that may make future visa renewal, or ILR impossible.
The town is very hot now.

Thanks Chreze, Estroller and Poanan for your responses wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Adunnishugar(f): 4:11am On Dec 01, 2022
Hello everyone
Please can some one help with a direct link to gov.Uk where it is stated that students can switch to tier 2 visa without necessarily having to complete their studies?

I know this is the case but my company’s HR is saying they cannot issue my COS until I graduate, I want to challenge them to confirm if this is their personal decision or if they assume this is the law. To do this I need proof from the government website which I have not been able to find.

I am also confused as to whether to challenge this since I’ll be finishing Jan 6th next year either way so I might as well wait till then. But what if they decide to stop sponsoring by then or their slots finish?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Maturedhustler: 4:21am On Dec 01, 2022
vanod:
Hi Good Evening everyone,

Please I am looking for an accomodation in Glasgow, around Shawlands, Off Glasgow City center or Cartcat anyone with useful info pls help contacts of house agents around there.

There are many letting agent offices around Shawlands Arcade. Just walk the street from Granary inwards and pop in/out of the offices at will.

(1) (2) (3) ... (737) (738) (739) (740) (741) (742) (743) ... (1007)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.