Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,938 members, 7,817,749 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (825) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1179503 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (822) (823) (824) (825) (826) (827) (828) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Strata1716: 2:06pm On Jan 25, 2023
Osoderi:
hello house pls I want to confirm if one is travelling with KLM and Air France,does one need to do transit visa?

pls any body have good agent in UK they normally use to book ticket for them to travel to Nigeria. pls kindly give me contact number. Thank u

Yes you do
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by pretty1986: 2:12pm On Jan 25, 2023
justwise:

Did you tell them during the interview that you are a student visa holder?
Good afternoon Sir, please I really need your advice urgently about what I want to explain to you now.I will appreciate.My fiance is a Single mother of 3 kids and A Registered Nurse too here in Nigeria.Her ex left her with the kids for over 7yrs now and nowhere to be found.We are about getting married by May this year.Secondly,She is in the process to relocate to uk as a Nurse and we want to move together with the kids too.My questions now is,How do we apply for Uk health and care visa and what do we need to submit for the kids,so that we can all travel together.Again,since the 3 kids are not my biological children,but I love them, can you advise me to adopt them legally so that I can obtain a fresh Birth certificate for them.Please My Boss and other gurus in the house I really need advice here on how best to handle this situation.Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gistbite(f): 2:22pm On Jan 25, 2023
Amarathripple0:

I think he responded to the wrong post, maybe he meant to quote the post you responded to. But 65 hours a week though!!? Wow, that sounds intense and unhealthy. Anyway, to each their own.
I know people doing 84hrs. They said they can't stay at home doing nothing ( single men sha)
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 2:50pm On Jan 25, 2023
pretty1986:
Good afternoon Sir, please I really need your advice urgently about what I want to explain to you now.I will appreciate.My fiance is a Single mother of 3 kids and A Registered Nurse too here in Nigeria.Her ex left her with the kids for over 7yrs now and nowhere to be found.We are about getting married by May this year.Secondly,She is in the process to relocate to uk as a Nurse and we want to move together with the kids too.My questions now is,How do we apply for Uk health and care visa and what do we need to submit for the kids,so that we can all travel together.Again,since the 3 kids are not my biological children,but I love them, c[b]an you advise me to adopt them legally so that I can obtain a fresh Birth certificate for them[/b].Please My Boss and other gurus in the house I really need advice here on how best to handle this situation.Thanks

Adoption will be a good idea but before you do that she needs to get full legal custody of those kids.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by olenime(m): 2:56pm On Jan 25, 2023
pretty1986:
Good afternoon Sir, please I really need your advice urgently about what I want to explain to you now.I will appreciate.My fiance is a Single mother of 3 kids and A Registered Nurse too here in Nigeria.Her ex left her with the kids for over 7yrs now and nowhere to be found.We are about getting married by May this year.Secondly,She is in the process to relocate to uk as a Nurse and we want to move together with the kids too.My questions now is,How do we apply for Uk health and care visa and what do we need to submit for the kids,so that we can all travel together.Again,since the 3 kids are not my biological children,but I love them, can you advise me to adopt them legally so that I can obtain a fresh Birth certificate for them.Please My Boss and other gurus in the house I really need advice here on how best to handle this situation.Thanks

Badt guy

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by pretty1986: 3:02pm On Jan 25, 2023
justwise:

Adoption will be a good idea but before you do that she needs to get full legal custody of those kids.
Thanks for your response sir.How can she go about getting full legal custody of those kids? and Remember her Ex is nowhere to be found since over 7 yrs now and she is the one taking care of those kids till now.So please how can she go about the whole thing?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 4:13pm On Jan 25, 2023
pretty1986:
Thanks for your response sir.How can she go about getting full legal custody of those kids? and Remember her Ex is nowhere to be found since over 7 yrs now and she is the one taking care of those kids till now.So please how can she go about the whole thing?

She has to apply through Magistrate Court or a High Court. She can also consult a marriage lawyer to put her through the process .
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mex551(m): 4:22pm On Jan 25, 2023
olenime:

Badt guy

😀😀😀😀😀😀. Opportunity

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 6:19pm On Jan 25, 2023
AirBay:

@hustla

3 years
Self taught
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 6:20pm On Jan 25, 2023
olenime:

Badt guy

Like folks on Twitter, we are familar with his game

cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 6:22pm On Jan 25, 2023
Strata1716:
Good evening everyone, please I just got a job offer from one of the NHS trust as an administrator but I’m still a student and it is a full time offer, I have seen people say here that NHS does not sponsor band 3 so I know asking for sponsorship is out of it.

Please I would like to know my options if any asides rejecting the role, if there’s also anyone that got an nhs job while still a student please I’ll like to hear from your experience on how you navigated it. I also put it in my application that I’m a student so this is quite confusing for me.

I would really appreciate advise and opinion please

Please someone should help me with information pls

My classmate got a job with the NHS but in IT Audit though. According to her, she was placed on 20 hrs
Why didnt you mention sponsorship and your status during the interview though or ask them if they will sponsor you?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Peerielass: 7:45pm On Jan 25, 2023
semmyk:
Checked and checked, I can't find collaborating sites confirming or official site affirming. However, let everyone take note just in case, so as not to be taken unaware. Ifura logun ọran (oops ... logun agba)
If any has official or credible insider insight/know, kindly update us all.
PS: no speculation pls!

https://punchng.com/covid-19-inbound-travellers-to-provide-vaccination-evidence-fg/?amp
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by pretty1986: 8:57pm On Jan 25, 2023
justwise:

She has to apply through Magistrate Court or a High Court. She can also consult a marriage lawyer to put her through the process .
thanks so much sir.If she get the full custody of the kids,can she just include their names among her dependents in her Visa Application without changing their surname to mine, which is her current husband?. In this case,will our visa be successful?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by semmyk(m): 9:01pm On Jan 25, 2023
Thanks for following up. 🙏 Deeply appreciated.
The challenge is that practically all the news outlets are copy-and-paste on the same 'news'. The Port Health Services and the parent's FMoH even NCDC remained numbed. Worse, the Port Services was reported, about 2 wks ago, wanting to only embark on assessments by checking and deploying Rapid Diagnostic Test (RTD).
About two wks after, boom, no official statement or COVID site availability. Just the news outlets reporting .... quote of the Director with no definitive source! By this weekend or next week, all will be clear. First-hand reports will start to filter in.
Peerielass:
https://punchng.com/covid-19-inbound-travellers-to-provide-vaccination-evidence-fg/?amp
semmyk:
Checked and checked, I can't find collaborating sites confirming or official site affirming. However, let everyone take note just in case, so as not to be taken unaware. Ifura logun ọran (oops ... logun agba)
If any has official or credible insider insight/know, kindly update us all.
PS: no speculation pls!

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DesireFarms(m): 9:08pm On Jan 25, 2023
https://americanexpress.com/en-gb/referral/oLAoLAUlmM?CPID=100328257

canadaishome:
Abeg anyone with American express referral link?

Want a relative in the UK to apply to build credit

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AlphaUno: 9:25pm On Jan 25, 2023
Lexusgs430:
New regulations/rules for over 70's ........... wink

This info can only be for few persons and you definitely one of those grin

Abi no be so?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mizGene(f): 9:30pm On Jan 25, 2023
Bourne007:
Any new application is a new IHS. The previous IHS Otilo (Izz Gone) unfortunately

We really should start a petition against this...clear almost criminal exploitation 😐😐

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mizGene(f): 9:35pm On Jan 25, 2023
pretty1986:
thanks so much sir.If she get the full custody of the kids,can she just include their names among her dependents in her Visa Application without changing their surname to mine, which is her current husband?. In this case,will our visa be successful?
Yes and yes
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by canadaishome: 10:33pm On Jan 25, 2023
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by pretty1986: 10:34pm On Jan 25, 2023
mizGene:

Yes and yes
Good evening sir,My mind and spirit is now fully settled,if this is the case,then the matter is over..Just that I don't know how long the process of getting the custody from the court will take.Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by damglam(f): 10:46pm On Jan 25, 2023
Hello house, please I need your help, I’m finishing school really soon and I need to switch to the tier2 visa… I need a care/support company that can sponsor me in other to change my status… please house assist with links or contacts that can be helpful… Thank you so much in anticipation.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dubaiprince: 10:52pm On Jan 25, 2023
babajeje123:
Good morning, if someone gets psw and months later gets cos, how will they pay for ihs? Will they pay for 5 years or just add up to what they paid for psw?

You pay the IHS afresh but I think the unused IHS from the PSW should be automatically refunded after 6 weeks (most likely not always the case). After which u can notify UKVI to refund you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dubaiprince: 11:13pm On Jan 25, 2023
Hello everyone,

Pardon me for the long epistle

I have a matter I plan to drag with my employer but would like to get suggestions probably from people with similar experiences.

I am on a tier 2 visa. I resigned from my current job giving them the required notice and the policy of the company says that they can claw back visa costs if I leave within 24 months of the issuance of the visa.

I joined the company in November 2020 on a tier 2 visa (the issue date on my vignette is 6/11) and this Friday would be my last day meaning that would make it 26 months. I however got a letter from the company saying they will claw back £3,779 being visa cost saying I was issued visa on 6/02/2021 which is the production date of my BRP . The BRP was delayed due to technical issues Experienced by Home office during covid (this is supported by a letter from home office) and it was stated in the letter that I already hold a lawful stay in the UK that my employer could reach out to them via a link they provided to perform right to work check. I provided all these communication to my employer then.

It is known that issue dates on BRPs are based on actual day the BRP was produced, they are not back dated.

So my point is that my employer cannot use the BRP date as the issue date of my tier 2 visa. This is because I started work with them in November based on the dates on the COS and the visa I used to enter the UK which is 6th of November.

Please which body in the UK handles these kind of issues. I know of ACAS and ultimately employment tribunal
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 11:27pm On Jan 25, 2023
AlphaUno:

This info can only be for few persons and you definitely one of those grin

Abi no be so?

Your time is coming...... Too ......😁
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 11:31pm On Jan 25, 2023
dubaiprince:
Hello everyone,

Pardon me for the long epistle

I have a matter I plan to drag with my employer but would like to get suggestions probably from people with similar experiences.

I am on a tier 2 visa. I resigned from my current job giving them the required notice and the policy of the company says that they can claw back visa costs if I leave within 24 months of the issuance of the visa.

I joined the company in November 2020 on a tier 2 visa (the issue date on my vignette is 6/11) and this Friday would be my last day meaning that would make it 26 months. I however got a letter from the company saying they will claw back £3,779 being visa cost saying I was issued visa on 6/02/2021 which is the production date of my BRP . The BRP was delayed due to technical issues Experienced by Home office during covid (this is supported by a letter from home office) and it was stated in the letter that I already hold a lawful stay in the UK that my employer could reach out to them via a link they provided to perform right to work check. I provided all these communication to my employer then.

It is known that issue dates on BRPs are based on actual day the BRP was produced, they are not back dated.

So my point is that my employer cannot use the BRP date as the issue date of my tier 2 visa. This is because I started work with them in November based on the dates on the COS and the visa I used to enter the UK which is 6th of November.

Please which body in the UK handles these kind of issues. I know of ACAS and ultimately employment tribunal

Get a lawyer.......... Your lawyer would read through all the contract you signed....... Advice you accordingly and issue a letter of clarification to your employer.......

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by harddrive2012: 11:41pm On Jan 25, 2023
Greetings all,

Please is it possible for one to travel to Uk like first week of February with a Nigerian Passport due to expire in March, 2023? Though new passport is in processing but was told it could take upto 6 weeks before it’ll be ready.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 12:16am On Jan 26, 2023
Depending on your visa type - visitor's visa holders might find it difficult compared to a skilled worker or study visa. Why the rush? undecided

harddrive2012:
Greetings all,

Please is it possible for one to travel to Uk like first week of February with a Nigerian Passport due to expire in March, 2023? Though new passport is in processing but was told it could take upto 6 weeks before it’ll be ready.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by chukusi: 1:08am On Jan 26, 2023
dupyshoo:
You should have been airing your house daily. Opening the windows for 30mins per day is ideal. It is not even healthy to be living with mould in the house

Also, there are loads of mould spray out there that kills mould. This would keep mould away for few months. Maybe you should try if the spray will work.

Thank you so Much.

I got this. It works like magic

I am grateful

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by fatima04: 1:41am On Jan 26, 2023
dubaiprince:

You pay the IHS afresh but I think the unused IHS from the PSW should be automatically refunded after 6 weeks (most likely not always the case). After which u can notify UKVI to refund you.

Seconded @babajeje. Just apply for refund once a new visa application is successful.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by fatima04: 1:49am On Jan 26, 2023
chukusi:

Thank you so Much.

I got this. It works like magic

I am grateful

I will also advise reporting it officially by mail to the letting agent to come and investigate. Most wouldn't come and inspect and this will help you get your deposit back incase of any dispute based on moulds.

I once helped a family get their deposit back because the adjudicator stated the agent should have conducted professional checks when it was reported before concluding that it was the tenants lifestyle that caused the house to be super mouldy. The official mails showing this line of communication saved the day.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by babajeje123(m): 4:35am On Jan 26, 2023
dubaiprince:

Nice one
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by harddrive2012: 4:56am On Jan 26, 2023
It’s a skilled worker visa. Both MA and dependant

bigtt76:
Depending on your visa type - visitor's visa holders might find it difficult compared to a skilled worker or study visa. Why the rush? undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (822) (823) (824) (825) (826) (827) (828) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.