Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,982 members, 7,810,738 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:09 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (832) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1169516 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (829) (830) (831) (832) (833) (834) (835) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by MsQB: 12:47pm On Jan 31, 2023
Viruses:

What is her reason for wanting a career change, that will guide the response to give. For instance, no need to advise going into support/care if she wants a remote job because of the children. If it’s because she's experiencing too much horrors, no need for heathcare assistant. If it's to get a job as soon as possible then she may just as well remain in her area of expertise.
She is not interested in health care assistant jobs, guess its my fault for asking the question at a go.
She is fed up with medicine
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by MsQB: 1:00pm On Jan 31, 2023
jum33:

there is no health care assistant job that doesnt have come with some level of personal care
OK thank you.
She just need the information, she is not interested in them
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 1:24pm On Jan 31, 2023
Strata1716:
Thank you so much Justwise Mizgene Bigtt76 Hustla for your advise, it really helped and I’ve been offered a 20 hour role.

I am especially happy as this happened just under a month of specifically searching for jobs in the nhs and being 4 months in the uk, This will also be my second job so I am happy to be building on the experience.

I hope the road to sponsorship favors me as the job search has.

Oya do giveaway grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Happyfellow147: 1:34pm On Jan 31, 2023
Please people what can I fill for a job application requiring A level results.
I have just Waec and Neco
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Goke7: 2:12pm On Jan 31, 2023
Broomstick01:
I don rush collect brp for care sponsorship oh.
I heard I can't return back to PSW.

Is there a way out like this ?

Point of no return!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kwakudtraveller(m): 3:03pm On Jan 31, 2023
Goke7:
For those in the dilenma between sponsored care job and PSW! Please am sorry in advance for the long post

Copied From Another Platform

- Good luck
Baba thank you for posting this, the thing has been doing my body somehow but i see how some people use style to attack people who speak up about this their care work mindset so i just dey observe. Person get opportunity to do data analytics work but leave am go do care because of sponsorship and we think it's normal. People need to wise up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 3:30pm On Jan 31, 2023
kwakudtraveller:

Baba thank you for posting this, the thing has been doing my body somehow but i see how some people use style to attack people who speak up about this their care work mindset so i just dey observe. Person get opportunity to do data analytics work but leave am go do care because of sponsorship and we think it's normal. People need to wise up.

I think peope have the right to be angry when they get insulted or attacked for doing care work, will i do care work? No! i have zero passion or interest for such job and i have no prob with anyone who chooses to do it as a career , but will i do it for sponsorship? Yes i will, its not as if its a job for life, its max 3yrs you get out and go for your main target, its just a brigde to get what you want.

10 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 3:39pm On Jan 31, 2023
MsQB:

She says medicine is one job one should really enjoy because it can frustrate you both physically and emotionally. Nigeria has drained the love she has for the profession😁

When she relocates and starts to practice........ The credit alert into her account, would bring the joy back ......... 🤣😜

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jan 31, 2023
Lexusgs430:

When she relocates and starts to practice........ The credit alert into her account, would bring the joy back ......... 🤣😜

This man 😂
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 3:45pm On Jan 31, 2023
Miracood2:

This man 😂

When she starts buying brand new cars, plenty money in the bank and completing that mansion, in Oshogbo etc etc.....

She would forget all that emotional and physical strain .........

Nigeria by it's existence, is meant to stress and test the commonman/woman............🤣😜

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jum33: 3:47pm On Jan 31, 2023
MsQB:

OK thank you.
She just need the information, she is not interested in them
i think her best bet is mental health support night shift bank staff because that one will offer her flexibility of work shedule is looking for .thankfully, mental support job full every where
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 4:17pm On Jan 31, 2023
habhidhemhii:
Within 6 hours? Just dey playyyy

Maybe he has connection inside cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Regex: 4:59pm On Jan 31, 2023
justwise:

I think peope have the right to be angry when they get insulted or attacked for doing care work, will i do care work? No! i have zero passion or interest for such job and i have no prob with anyone who chooses to do it as a career , but will i do it for sponsorship? Yes i will, its not as if its a job for life, its max 3yrs you get out and go for your main target, its just a brigde to get what you want.

5yrs to get ILR.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jum33: 5:13pm On Jan 31, 2023
Regex:

5yrs to get ILR.
5 years as a carer ok na , I am really interested in who go break this record without breaking his/her back . cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by meljoe: 5:32pm On Jan 31, 2023
Congrats , please what are the questions you were asked and what you told them ?

Strata1716:
Thank you so much Justwise Mizgene Bigtt76 Hustla for your advise, it really helped and I’ve been offered a 20 hour role.

I am especially happy as this happened just under a month of specifically searching for jobs in the nhs and being 4 months in the uk, This will also be my second job so I am happy to be building on the experience.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 5:41pm On Jan 31, 2023
Regex:

5yrs to get ILR.

Yes but for some its 3yrs sponsorship they singed up for, my point is that you don't have to do it for the rest of your life if its not the job for you.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 5:42pm On Jan 31, 2023
Strata1716:

Glad it worked out for you.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by HollyMadison(f): 5:56pm On Jan 31, 2023
Just wanted to chip in with the carer vs psw visa debate.

You don’t have to exhaust the tenure of your visa in any situation you find yourself in.

5 years carer visa doesn’t mean you have to stay tied down for 5 years. You can keep applying for your ‘dream job’ or just any better job and change to skilled worker visa at anytime.

Some people have switched from a 5-year carer visa, without spending up to 6 months as caters.

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Peerielass: 6:15pm On Jan 31, 2023
justwise:

The problem with this strategy is that the person would have wasted the three years they could have used to beef up their CV and position themselves in the relevant industry.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jum33: 6:19pm On Jan 31, 2023
HollyMadison:
Just wanted to chip in with the carer vs psw visa debate.

You don’t have to exhaust the tenure of your visa in any situation you find yourself in.

5 years carer visa doesn’t mean you have to stay tied down for 5 years. You can keep applying for your ‘dream job’ or just any better job and change to skilled worker visa at anytime.

Some people have switched from a 5-year carer visa, without spending up to 6 months as caters.
Its doable but the stress and both the physical & mental exhaustion that come with everyday carer job will demand will make the whole switching journey one huge herculean task .Beside, a potential employer that will give a data analyst role job will employ u based on previous working Uk experience not based on master certificate and where will you get time for that data analyst working experience when your whole productive full time role has been taken by the carer job .Assume it's a part time role then it will be another ball game entirely .
I have been in similar situation before, so i m talking from practical first hand experience .

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 6:36pm On Jan 31, 2023
Peerielass:

The problem with this strategy is that the person would have wasted the three years they could have used to beef up their CV and position themselves in the relevant industry.

So alternative is to gamble on non-sponsonship job and hoping that they will sponsor you sometime along the line or take closed-end PSW and start applying for sponsorship job?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mizGene(f): 7:25pm On Jan 31, 2023
MsQB:

What skill will you advice?
What is BA?
PM is project management right?
Yes, and BA; Business Analysis
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Regex: 7:45pm On Jan 31, 2023
jum33:

5 years as a carer ok na , I am really interested in who go break this record without breaking his/her back . cheesy

People deh do am oh...
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gistbite(f): 7:54pm On Jan 31, 2023
Regex:

People deh do am oh...
Oyinbo, phillipines m people dey do 13-20 years care lol

Care visa is a bird in hand for most people here and if you are truly determined, you can volunteer for unpaid work in your preferred field and after 5 years, you pursue it fully.

If you are brave, do post study visa and hope your skills and experience will land you a Sponsored job.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Bukorlar10: 7:56pm On Jan 31, 2023
Dear Lexusgs430 and other seniors, please which top bank would you recommend for a long term stay? I already have revolute and wise for online spending. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mzsI: 8:10pm On Jan 31, 2023
Missposh:

Please was that the expected date on the slip they gave you after capturing or it came before/later

Like 3 days after
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by obitryce(m): 8:31pm On Jan 31, 2023
Dear justwise, lexus430 and co. Please what's the process of switching from a healthcare visa to another healthcare visa? My brother is on a healthcare visa as a carer but recently got another sponsorship from a mental hospital as a support worker and wants to switch. Does he have to go through the application process again or just inform home office of the new COS thanks.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 8:38pm On Jan 31, 2023
Bukorlar10:
Dear Lexusgs430 and other seniors, please which top bank would you recommend for a long term stay? I already have revolute and wise for online spending. Thanks

They are equally the same ........ Monzo offers slightly more, in terms of Monzo flex + generous overdraft facilities.......
🤣😜
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Bukorlar10: 8:40pm On Jan 31, 2023
Lexusgs430:

They are equally the same ........ Monzo offers slightly more, in terms of Monzo flex + generous overdraft facilities.......
🤣😜

I mean Lyolds, Barclays, HSBC and the rest. Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 8:43pm On Jan 31, 2023
Bukorlar10:

I mean Lyolds, Barclays, HSBC and the rest. Thanks.

They are all the same ...........

Pick the colour you like and open an account........

Very soon, they would all become online banks too .....🤣😜
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mainstreets(m): 9:04pm On Jan 31, 2023
Accommodation issue here in the UK is more difficult than obtaining visa. Landlords and agents don't want to give houses to peeps just coming in. How can we jump this hurdle? My family and I are still paying huge money in Airbnb. Advice please.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (829) (830) (831) (832) (833) (834) (835) ... (1007)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.