Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,791 members, 7,824,289 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (887) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1186724 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (884) (885) (886) (887) (888) (889) (890) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 3:43pm On Mar 17, 2023
Toh so why you bring hin wahala come here naa? If he's financially buoyant then I don't see the need asking the questions you asked. If you want an objective reasoning and answers then those questions need answers.

If I ask now whether during wifey application den ask if she was pregnant now, you go vex. Hope say need for DNA nor go enter de matter shaa cos she go need explain whether she and de man nack before he travelled 🤣🤣🤣

But anyway each to his tent oo 😘

ConnectMee:
All I can read here is a bit of ITK.

This dude is not relying on you for finances neither is he soliciting your financial support.

The real question is begging to be answered.

If you don’t have a clue move on. Don’t project your false sympathy on others.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 3:45pm On Mar 17, 2023
You abscond from duty 🤣🤣🤣

Lexusgs430:

Sense no go kill you ........🤣😜

If they refuse to dismiss nko ........😂
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 3:55pm On Mar 17, 2023
You de vex too much shaaa. At the embolden, I should say it is rather you who did not do much rather than blame someone else who owes you nothing. His past experiences and knowledge about the UK is his prerogative if he chooses to share or not.

Having said that let me tell you that myself and many in this thread benefitted from researching pages on Nairaland with respect to migration abroad and did our research well on the schools to select all based on the knowledge here. If you didn't gain anything from here then sorry ooo.

Nor bi oga Lexusgs430 go enter your school go fight for you ok? You go de alright ya 😘

Maureen4sure:

Thank you for your suggestions and advice. @Contra5, I have since emailed the vice chancellor regarding my situation.

Before coming to this forum to ask for suggestions and contributions, please don't always think people have not done their best and look for every available option.

My school is Edinburgh Napier University, and yes, students can retake a module twice within a three-month grace period.

I will like to let everyone know that I am not the only person having this issue; in fact, I have three other Nigerian coursemates with the same issue.

Two of them have since abandoned school and moved to England on COS when the issue could not be resolved last trimester. My course is a 16-month course.

My school is notorious for locking your school app if you fail your school fee repayment plan; even if you miss just one month, your school app will be locked Until they receive your payment.

I'm sure there are a lot of Napier students here on Nairaland that can testify to that.

So imagine a scenario where your payment was delayed by Form A for 3 months before the school received your payments, and within these 3 months you were given the option for resit/re-assesment for a failed module.

The school finance team is very much aware of the situation of Form A in Nigeria; they just don't care. In fact, you get reported to the UKVI in the second month of your failed repayment plan.

A lot of Nigerian students here in the UK are going through a lot: some accommodation challenges, some financial challenges ( not getting a job), and some academic challenges.

Many people, including myself, had no idea what challenges awaited us until we arrived.

We need to do a lot to support each other, particularly in this forum, when it comes to contributions, advice, and suggestions. Everything should not be all about IPTV and the Amex card of your popular dokita @Lexusgs430.

Yes, I made mention of @Lexusgs430 because he has been in this country for over 20 years, he has seen it all, and he needs to do a lot more.

Thank you for your time.

Peace.

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AgentXxx(m): 4:30pm On Mar 17, 2023
Elders will help you with the credit scores. As for starting with IT, I will advise you apply to do this courses Google IT Support and IBM Technical Support on Coursera using the Financial Aid so you won’t pay Shishi. After that make sure you pratice using home labs. With the above just start applying form Entry Trch Support jobs. Like I stated try to pratice with home labs topics like Active Directory etc. Follow this guy Kelvin Apolinario on LinkedIn, he does help.
pheranmie:
Hi bosses
I have been in the uk for 6 months my credit score has been the same same 537 I have set up my rent as standing order my house wifi as DD though my electricity bill is eon key payments method and I have also put my name on the register I don’t know what I have been doing wrongly.

Also I intend to start a career on IT path I don’t know know how to get started. Currently I am doing support and trust me I have projected how this will look it this kind of work won’t definitely give me the life style I want . Please any advice on how I can start from the scratch on this journey.
Thank you

14 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 4:37pm On Mar 17, 2023
hustla:

Will it affect the person's DBS or be on the person's record?

Not likely. I’m not certain but my understanding is that DBS is focused on criminal convictions/charges.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 4:40pm On Mar 17, 2023
koonbey:

Not likely. I’m not certain but my understanding is that DBS is focused on criminal convictions/charges.

OK thanks smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kwakudtraveller(m): 4:46pm On Mar 17, 2023
All these entitled mentality on top someone's knowledge. Because baba Lexus has been here longer make him come dey give you free advise because him na your papa, na him fault say Form A mess you up? With all the useful knowledge here from career, children, mortgage, housing etc.. What else do you want? The things i've learned here are what people are selling as yeye bootcamp for telegram. Na why some people like TheguyfromHR don disappear from this thread. Make una dey calm down with all these entitled mentality. Any which way, try sort ish out with your school. Unless you have failed other courses, I do not see how they would reduce your grade level and still force you to write dissertation. This sounds like pure wickedness so follow up with the VC of the school, and cc your departmental head on the email and if you have any department that is in charge of international students, speak to them as well.

Maureen4sure:

Thank you for your suggestions and advice. @Contra5, I have since emailed the vice chancellor regarding my situation.

Before coming to this forum to ask for suggestions and contributions, please don't always think people have not done their best and look for every available option.

My school is Edinburgh Napier University, and yes, students can retake a module twice within a three-month grace period.

I will like to let everyone know that I am not the only person having this issue; in fact, I have three other Nigerian coursemates with the same issue.

Two of them have since abandoned school and moved to England on COS when the issue could not be resolved last trimester. My course is a 16-month course.

My school is notorious for locking your school app if you fail your school fee repayment plan; even if you miss just one month, your school app will be locked Until they receive your payment.

I'm sure there are a lot of Napier students here on Nairaland that can testify to that.

So imagine a scenario where your payment was delayed by Form A for 3 months before the school received your payments, and within these 3 months you were given the option for resit/re-assesment for a failed module.

The school finance team is very much aware of the situation of Form A in Nigeria; they just don't care. In fact, you get reported to the UKVI in the second month of your failed repayment plan.

A lot of Nigerian students here in the UK are going through a lot: some accommodation challenges, some financial challenges ( not getting a job), and some academic challenges.

Many people, including myself, had no idea what challenges awaited us until we arrived.

We need to do a lot to support each other, particularly in this forum, when it comes to contributions, advice, and suggestions. Everything should not be all about IPTV and the Amex card of your popular dokita @Lexusgs430.

Yes, I made mention of @Lexusgs430 because he has been in this country for over 20 years, he has seen it all, and he needs to do a lot more.

Thank you for your time.

Peace.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kwakudtraveller(m): 4:51pm On Mar 17, 2023
Who can recommend a sweet Android Smart TV for me that's reliable and affordable?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by deept(m): 4:56pm On Mar 17, 2023
pheranmie:

Picking up a tv on credit is the issue
How do I do that when credit score is low

Do you have a bank account? Apply for a credit card from your bank, they should be in best position to offer you one cause they see your cash flow or apply to American express, you can use my referral link below.

Anagram of "debit card" is "bad credit", so use the credit card for your transactions but do not forget to pay it off if you do not want to incur interest charges. What I do is leave a balance of £20 or so.

To get credit, you must use credit

https://americanexpress.com/en-gb/referral/mAYOWJ9Wsx?XL=MNMNS

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Santa2: 4:58pm On Mar 17, 2023
Zahra29:

A friend's cousin is here as a student. Apparently he's been struggling with money. His wife just arrived with their child...and another one about to make an entrance. My friend was shocked She had been looking forward to wifey arriving to support the cousin who she's been having to help financially.

I asked did they know the plan regarding work etc.. Apparently they did, and they also didn't inform my friend that they were expecting. They don't even live in the same city as my friend to help with childcare. I still can't wrap my head around it.

I know someone that was in same shoes, wife gave birth a few weeks after they landed. She was able to land a remote customer service role . Funny thing is I got the info from this thread and forwarded to them, hubby who also got a 20hour customer service remote role, also got the link from here. Between the two of them while working from home, they have been able to balance school, work and child care

9 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Poanan: 5:36pm On Mar 17, 2023
hustla:

Actually, Lexus or anyone else doesn't owe anyone, include me sh*t and doesn't have to do more

He can decide to log off forever if he wants to and he still won't owe you sh*t
People on this thread contribute out of the goodness of their hearts, so dead the entitlement

You're asking him to do more when he isn't being paid? Very funny person cheesy

Hopefully you get to resolve the issue at hand.

All the best smiley

Calm down when talking to someone facing issues. There are some words you dont use. From the write up she is in need. If u feel her statement is not right leave her and let her be. After all the person mentioned did not respond. She is grieving seriously.

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by yolkman20: 5:56pm On Mar 17, 2023
Adunnishugar:
Please I will appreciate any advice on this 🙏🏽
I want to know whether to dispute the notice period or just accept it. Bearing in mind that I won’t be able to switch jobs within that 5 years with that long notice period

I have sent a msg to your email, can you please respond? Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by BorisJohnson(f): 6:00pm On Mar 17, 2023
Dear Nigerian in the UK
(Student Visa Chapter),

Working long hours in the UK, earning ££.

Selling £1 to NGN900 at Aboki Forex rates.

Applying to Nigerian bank to pay school fees via Form-A at CBN rate of £1 = NGN520 sounds like good business sense, where you are able to somehow nearly double your money without MMM or any Ponzi scheme.

It is a High Risk, ‘high’ reward venture.

Problem arises when Form A now takes 6-9 months to process…. That’s where stories that touch can crop up.

PS:
This is a new post. No previous post is/was quoted. I thought to do my bit in sharing experience (before one day, I am accused of being an ancestor here but only contributing to AmarathripleO’s posts…
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by yolkman20: 6:00pm On Mar 17, 2023
Good evening people,

Please I need help.
So we've been looking for sponsorship for some time now but nothing has come through. So the plan was to do post study and move on, unfortunately, result came out and wifey had a referral in one of her courses.
As a result, we can't do post study again and we only have 2months left. Can any with sponsorship plug pls help? Any location in England is fine.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 6:01pm On Mar 17, 2023
yolkman20:
Good evening people,

Please I need help.
So we've been looking for sponsorship for some time now but nothing has come through. So the plan was to do post study and move on, unfortunately, result came out and wifey had a referral in one of her courses.
As a result, we can't do post study again and we only have 2months left. Can any with sponsorship plug pls help? Any location in England is fine.

Which side are you bossman?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by yolkman20: 6:05pm On Mar 17, 2023
hustla:

Which side are you bossman?

currently in London, Woolwich boss, but I don't mind going anywhere.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by tushqueen(f): 6:09pm On Mar 17, 2023
Chreze:

Habitat Alma High Back Ergonomic Office Chair - Grey465/7112

Place the above on argos. The high back help to remind me to seat up when I am lost in my work. 100% remote, been using for 5months. Before buying I posted the pic on here and someone confirmed it to be a good one. that’s two human(Nigerian) reviewers.

it’s a very beautiful chair.

I trust my people to always deliver, thank you. Have you got any recommendations for desk? Sturdy, durable and functional ( drawers, probably adjustable height as well)
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 6:11pm On Mar 17, 2023
yolkman20:

currently in London, Woolwich boss, but I don't mind going anywhere.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGreatGod: 6:13pm On Mar 17, 2023
Dear All,

Has anyone recently renew their Nigerian Passport and already done their biometric at the Nigerian High Commission London this March 2023 and received his/her passport in this month.

I did mine this month and still awaiting their delivery. Please help a brother o.

Thank you all.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by headofschool: 6:37pm On Mar 17, 2023
Honourables please help me in my decision, last year november I was denied sponsorship by home office despite meeting all the requirements, sponsor is licensed, pay is above minimum set by UKVI, post was advertised and it's even a school job. Sponsor later hired solicitor and was still denied. D matter strong gan.

So now myself and my wife have applied to schools, she applied for masters while I applied for PGCE. I would easily get my job spec when I get there as a Technician but I am planning to now go into full teaching. Who would you advise to go for studies Me or my wife?? (We currently have offers from two uni's ) but we need guidance on who should study. We also don't know what rishi and suella will later do to Post study visa, please advise us
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hayesconcept(m): 6:44pm On Mar 17, 2023
Lol, You are kidding right? Wait till May or better still check the application form you snapped on the day of your biometric. The probable date of collection is there. Ire oo
TheGreatGod:
Dear All,

Has anyone recently renew their Nigerian Passport and already done their biometric at the Nigerian High Commission London this March 2023 and received his/her passport in this month.

I did mine this month and still awaiting their delivery. Please help a brother o.

Thank you all.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGreatGod: 6:47pm On Mar 17, 2023
hayesconcept:
Lol, You are kidding right? Wait till May or better still check the application form you snapped on the day of your biometric. The probable date of collection is there. Ire oo

Ah, please is it has to be May or they will send it before then. Please I am deeply depressed. Is it has to be the exact collection date or before.

Please I am begging I need a help please. 😕
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hayesconcept(m): 6:49pm On Mar 17, 2023
I don't know bro. Depressed because of passport. cool What do you need the passport for?
TheGreatGod:

Ah, please is it has to be May or they will send it before then. Please I am deeply depressed. Is it has to be the exact collection date or before.

Please I am begging I need a help please. 😕
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGreatGod: 6:53pm On Mar 17, 2023
hayesconcept:
I don't know bro. Depressed because of passport. cool What do you need the passport for?

I need it for urgent travel. I thought they said is within 3 weeks. Although the print out say by May but is this so that it will be exactly May before I can get it.

Oh no this worrisome. I need help please.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 7:16pm On Mar 17, 2023
Well no one is saying don't use round tripping to fund your studies but be ready to bear the kwansekwensis and don't tie your failure to anyone here cheesy

SPDAZZY:

I think this makes it look like majority are greedy. In my opinion, I think the students are just trying to make good use of the circumstances. We all know how expensive the student route is and the Nigerian government made it more difficult by this exchange rate issue.

If one can spend less in the very expensive fee situation, why not? If the pounds in hand isn't complete and by using form A, a student is able to pay more or all of the fees, why not? After all, the elites are making huge profits from the unfortunate situation.

The only thing is to start on time given the delay.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 7:21pm On Mar 17, 2023
Toh ...like MMM or Pnzi scheme the benefits are cool BUT the RISKS are high and dangerous cheesy cheesy

BorisJohnson:
Dear Nigerian in the UK
(Student Visa Chapter),

Working long hours in the UK, earning ££.

Selling £1 to NGN900 at Aboki Forex rates.

Applying to Nigerian bank to pay school fees via Form-A at CBN rate of £1 = NGN520 sounds like good business sense, where you are able to somehow nearly double your money without MMM or any Ponzi scheme.

It is a High Risk, ‘high’ reward venture.

Problem arises when Form A now takes 6-9 months to process…. That’s where stories that touch can crop up.

PS:
This is a new post. No previous post is/was quoted. I thought to do my bit in sharing experience (before one day, I am accused of being an ancestor here but only contributing to AmarathripleO’s posts…

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by slimanyd: 7:22pm On Mar 17, 2023
headofschool:
Honourables please help me in my decision, last year november I was denied sponsorship by home office despite meeting all the requirements, sponsor is licensed, pay is above minimum set by UKVI, post was advertised and it's even a school job. Sponsor later hired solicitor and was still denied. D matter strong gan.

So now myself and my wife have applied to schools, she applied for masters while I applied for PGCE. I would easily get my job spec when I get there as a Technician but I am planning to now go into full teaching. Who would you advise to go for studies Me or my wife?? (We currently have offers from two uni's ) but we need guidance on who should study. We also don't know what rishi and suella will later do to Post study visa, please advise us

Chai. Twice denied sponsorship. Just hearing this though . So Home office dey deny people COS aswell ontop the millions wey them dey pay or probably the company that wants to employ you isn't in good standing cos I can't fanthom the basic reason behind ur cos refusal.
Boss. Left to me. I would advice u allow ur wife to school while u enter market to hustle o grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 7:24pm On Mar 17, 2023
Who has the best qualification and stand a better chance to get a job + sponsorship? That person should work while the other school

headofschool:

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 7:26pm On Mar 17, 2023
Wow, wasn't she given the option to resit? shocked

yolkman20:
Good evening people,

Please I need help.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 7:28pm On Mar 17, 2023
I tire sef, see person profile wen just register some few days ago de come nag say elders here nor wan ep

hustla:

Actually, Lexus or anyone else doesn't owe anyone, include me sh*t and doesn't have to do more

People on this thread contribute out of the goodness of their hearts, so dead the entitlement

All the best smiley

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Maureen4sure: 7:35pm On Mar 17, 2023
@hustla From your comment, I can see you are still a boy.

You, who still dey look for money from your 20-hour job to bring your dependant from Isale EKO, you dey open your mouth dey talk to me.

I don't blame you, I blame the faceless forum.

As for ancestor, @Lexus430, I'm sorry for mentioning your name, and truthfully, you don't owe me anything but again miracle no dey tire Jesus.

@yolkman20, I pray God will step quickly into your situation and provide that COS. I can understand the situation you are in right now, and it will come good.

Please, if you are not going to provide a solution or give reasonable and constructive advice, just pass, because you don't know what others are going through and you are not in their shoes.

Peace.

hustla:

All the best smiley

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 7:54pm On Mar 17, 2023

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (884) (885) (886) (887) (888) (889) (890) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.