Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,290 members, 7,829,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (979) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1192506 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (976) (977) (978) (979) (980) (981) (982) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Phil46: 11:12pm On May 05, 2023
Phayie:

I don't think CQC will do anything to her because you can't force a resident to go to bed, but the only mistake she made was that she ought to have notified her shift leader

Thank you very much. I'll let her know.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Newbie123: 11:43pm On May 05, 2023
OmichaelO:
I sent via post office

Yes they said something about a secured mail
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by BuildingProject: 12:31am On May 06, 2023
BorisJohnson:

Please, which country did you apply to as your first port of entry?

I have been looking for appointments on TLS and VFS Global website for appointments in more than 10 EU countries including Estonia, Italy, France, Portugal, Switzerland… all no appointments.

Spain. Check around 12am

Malta still get Appt for June. Keep checking

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by yolkman20: 12:41am On May 06, 2023
who dey chester o. I want to explore the chester zoo and city wall this coming week. I am driving, so the waka won't be stressful. Any bill incurred will be on me.

I just won komot, na soso work since i've been here....

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by CowbellY: 1:05am On May 06, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Yes, fully boxed.......

Also consider the Samsung Fold series...... I recently got a bargain on a Samsung Fold 4........ I seem to prefer the Fold now........

How much of a bargain on the 4 ? I got what I considered a fair deal in December. 2 days later was on the train. Stood to get off. Reached for the phone and there were ink lines on the screen. 🥲🥲🥲
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 1:24am On May 06, 2023
CowbellY:

How much of a bargain on the 4 ? I got what I considered a fair deal in December. 2 days later was on the train. Stood to get off. Reached for the phone and there were ink lines on the screen. 🥲🥲🥲

If I tell you, promise me you would not shout .......... cheesy

Close your eyes....... £410.00........😜
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by CowbellY: 1:38am On May 06, 2023
Lexusgs430:

If I tell you, promise me you would not shout .......... cheesy

Close your eyes....... £410.00........😜

Woahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! No way. Was this on eBay ? I found mine on Facebook but was a funny experience.

Got a”supposed deal” went all the way the Peckham then the guy blocked me as soon as I told him I was there.
Then had to travel to Horsham where I eventually got this. Paid 500. Thought was a steal.

Abeg, any tips to find these sort of your deals ? I’m in the market for a MacBook (2021 - today)

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 2:19am On May 06, 2023
CowbellY:

Woahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! No way. Was this on eBay ? I found mine on Facebook but was a funny experience.

Got a”supposed deal” went all the way the Peckham then the guy blocked me as soon as I told him I was there.
Then had to travel to Horsham where I eventually got this. Paid 500. Thought was a steal.

Abeg, any tips to find these sort of your deals ? I’m in the market for a MacBook (2021 - today)

That guy in Peckham, was a scammer...... He hoped you would ask him to post it .........😂😜

eBay is my bargain hunting ground....... It involves loads of hours and days of constant searching........ But a deal is always available...........

NB : With apple products, apple got you guys In a cult......😁
A deal is always difficult to find (because apple products are usually overpriced)..........
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Cassan(f): 2:45am On May 06, 2023
Good morning All.
Please I would like to know if one can apply for UK NARIC with an HND transcript and certificate.
Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wallg123: 3:40am On May 06, 2023
Cassan:
Good morning All.
Please I would like to know if one can apply for UK NARIC with an HND transcript and certificate.
Thank you.
Yes.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AgentXxx(m): 7:50am On May 06, 2023
Good morning Elders!!! Can anyone guide me to the steps in applying for work visa? I have visited gov.uk but I just wanted a practical view from someone who has gone through it preferably recently. What are things I need to demand from my workplace to ease the application? Am trying to get it done before month end. Thanks and God bless

Is an Technical Support Engineer classified under shortage list? As am unable to find the exact wording for that in the list I got on gov.uk.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Cassan(f): 7:57am On May 06, 2023
wallg123:

Yes.

Thank you very much.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Phil46: 9:31am On May 06, 2023
rinzylee:

Why didn't she report the incident?

Why didn't she document?

Let her pray o

She actually documented the refusal.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rinzylee(m): 9:47am On May 06, 2023
Phil46:

Oh great ...that's good.

Did she Datix the event?

I think she has cover for documenting.

She would be alright?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Busch: 10:19am On May 06, 2023
AKALAMAGBO:
Lol… Na lie dem dey lie… Just graduated and if I must be honest with you, University of Wolverhampton scored excellent in supporting students and also offering assistance wherever you may need them ( In my humble opinion). Discrimination is everywhere, even the so-called Nigeria, no let that one deter you, everyone is welcoming here. Just know what you are doing, abi na face you come look for UK?…. Their payment plan is very great as well if that’s part of what you are looking for… They can allow you pay in installments until about 2 months to your graduation, their help desk respond to your query within 24 hours. What else are you concerned about?

Bro please I want to ask about the job aspect in Wolverhampton, are there jobs or the market is really saturated over there.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 11:39am On May 06, 2023
Phil46:
Hey guys, kindly advise on this situation. A friend that works as a Domiciliary carer with a care company was supposed to put a client to bed but the client refused all her

May be just me but i have never heard anything good about domiciliary care for some reason

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Controlv: 12:13pm On May 06, 2023
I passed my driving test this morning on 1st attempt. I got lots of inspiration from this forum, and I hope this motivates someone.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mizGene(f): 12:21pm On May 06, 2023
Has anyone gotten involved in any class action suit before?
I saw one for Mercedes diesel cars and thinking of joining...
Any advise at all?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 12:25pm On May 06, 2023
Controlv:
I passed my driving test this morning on 1st attempt. I got lots of inspiration from this forum, and I hope this motivates someone.
Congratulations!!

Was this manual or auto?

How long did you prep?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by babajeje123(m): 1:01pm On May 06, 2023
If you dey Coronation Hall, abeg let's jam o. Na front seat I dey grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jum33: 1:22pm On May 06, 2023
Cassan:
Good morning All.
Thank you.
No. Naric is only applicable for Bsc holders

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jum33: 1:25pm On May 06, 2023
Phil46:

Then no case again na
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by starboychan: 1:53pm On May 06, 2023
CheesyTee:
Yes, money in old account counts towards the £1250

Hello quick one please, should I transfer the £1250 after the switch is complete or can I do it before then ?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Controlv: 2:56pm On May 06, 2023
koonbey:

Congratulations!!

Was this manual or auto?

How long did you prep?

Thank you.

I did auto.

Passed theory test in Jan, started driving lessons in April. I had 4 lessons and 2 mock tests; each session lasted 2 hours.

Booked practical test on 14th April after my instructor certified me 'ready to pass'. First slot was for 20th September, I subscribed to 'test cancellation now' but nothing changed after 1 week. Then, I decided to try my luck with the website by searching myself. I was able to move the date to 18th July after several refresh and changing of IP address, the second attempt was not fruitful. I gave it a shot again last week and got a closer date which is just 6 days away.

Note: DVSA website blocks ip address once the traffic from a specific ip is too high, reason I had to use VPN 😀😀.

I must admit that the information from Nairaland helped me alot. I had to let go of my 9 years driving experience from Nigeria, and approached the lessons with a fresh mind. DGN driving school on youtube also helped alot.

26 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 3:04pm On May 06, 2023
Controlv:

Thank you.

I did auto.

Passed theory test in Jan, started driving lessons in April. I had 4 lessons and 2 mock tests; each session lasted 2 hours.

Booked practical test on 14th April after my instructor certified me 'ready to pass'. First slot was for 20th September, I subscribed to 'test cancellation now' but nothing changed after 1 week. Then, I decided to try my luck with the website by searching myself. I was able to move the date to 18th July after several refresh and changing of IP address, the second attempt was not fruitful. I gave it a shot again last week and got a closer date which is just 6 days away.

Note: DVSA website blocks ip address once the traffic from a specific ip is too high, reason I had to use VPN 😀😀.

I must admit that the information from Nairaland helped me alot. I had to let go of my 9 years driving experience from Nigeria, and approached the lessons with a fresh mind. DGN driving school on youtube also helped alot.

Thanks a lot! Congratulations, again!

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by seunoj: 3:16pm On May 06, 2023
starboychan:

Hello quick one please, should I transfer the £1250 after the switch is complete or can I do it before then ?
Anytime but before 60days. The earlier the better

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Zahra29: 3:27pm On May 06, 2023
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AKALAMAGBO: 3:31pm On May 06, 2023
I don’t know what your course of study is, but there are jobs available in Wolverhampton and surrounding areas. Wolverhampton is a good place. Don’t dull
Busch:

Bro please I want to ask about the job aspect in Wolverhampton, are there jobs or the market is really saturated over there.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by CheesyTee(f): 3:42pm On May 06, 2023
After the switch is complete
starboychan:

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Peerielass: 3:46pm On May 06, 2023
Phayie:

Can I switch to natwest this week and then close the natwest account and switch it to first direct next week

Serial switcher take am easy o 😂
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by barnaby04(m): 4:06pm On May 06, 2023
Happy Coronation Day to you all o.

Anyone knows anything about these brand of rice, Trophy Basmati and Shahzada Basmati rice? I was in a Morrison store recently and saw them at a very cheap price of £17 per 10kg bag compared to the Setara Golden Basmati rice which I have always bought in these Pakistani shops at £12 per 5KG bag.

I'm scared of buying something cos it's cheap and end up regretting it. Please kindly share your views about the rice brands if you are familiar with them.

Thank you.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mimilyrics: 4:30pm On May 06, 2023
If you buy the ones from Morrisons, watch the water that goes in as the rice tends to get soggy if you dont watch the water unlike Setara.
barnaby04:
Happy Coronation Day to you all o.

Anyone knows anything about these brand of rice, Trophy Basmati and Shahzada Basmati rice? I was in a Morrison store recently and saw them at a very cheap price of £17 per 10kg bag compared to the Setara Golden Basmati rice which I have always bought in these Pakistani shops at £12 per 5KG bag.

I'm scared of buying something cos it's cheap and end up regretting it. Please kindly share your views about the rice brands if you are familiar with them.

Thank you.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (976) (977) (978) (979) (980) (981) (982) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.