Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,362 members, 7,812,030 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:42 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (981) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1170722 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (978) (979) (980) (981) (982) (983) (984) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Zahra29: 9:30pm On May 06, 2023
Noworries11:
Hey elders...have been reading up lately
Please can someone share the link for voters registration link as well the provisional licence application link.

Never knew all these are important
God bless the devoted and committed members of this very informative thread....

Register to vote which will place you on the electoral register:

https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote

Apply for provisional license:

https://www.gov.uk/apply-first-provisional-driving-licence

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Zahra29: 9:33pm On May 06, 2023
Thastie:
grin
grin grin grin
He’s not coming out with the truth.
He asked if he’ll be arrested, I guess domestic violence is involved

shocked

Wow!

Can you check on the wife to see if she's ok?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DoDirtsLikeWorm(m): 9:35pm On May 06, 2023
Zahra29:

If he longer wants to be married to his sponsor, his visa will be curtailed and he would need to find a new sponsor before he runs out of status and is either deported, or has to go underground and live in fear of deportation.

You should advise him that it's much easier and cheaper to support his wife and stay married.

That marriage is dead. I know some people can be very lousy and ego maniac, they can say whatever that comes to their mouth without thinking twice.

My Take: even if they mends, at some point in the future they will still separate. Yes, for daring the husband to the extent of seeking for divorce, if paper enters his hand that divorce will surely happen.
Meanwhile if they mends now, secrecy in investment & doings will overshadow them

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Zahra29: 9:42pm On May 06, 2023
DoDirtsLikeWorm:

That marriage is dead. I know some people can be very lousy and ego maniac, they can say whatever that comes to their mouth without thinking twice.

My Take: even if they mends, at some point in the future they will still separate. Yes, for daring the husband to the extent of seeking for divorce, if paper enters his hand that divorce will surely happen.
Meanwhile if they mends now, secrecy in investment & doings will overshadow them

If domestic violence is involved which the OP has just alluded to, then I don't blame her and he should be very grateful that she didn't go to the police.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ezegold4we: 9:49pm On May 06, 2023
Pls house,

Which UK network or line will i use to be calling Nigeria lines under unlimited package??
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 9:50pm On May 06, 2023
Zahra29:

Not at all, just to try harder and be more motivated to save his marriage. You know marriage isn't always easy and sometimes we need something else to push us to keep going those hours/days/weeks lol when love seems to have gone awol
Maybe the fear of deportation will help him find the motivation he needs 😉😂

The fear of deportation or curtailment, would bring back the love, that initially departed, abi nah deported ...... 😝😭🇬🇧
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DoDirtsLikeWorm(m): 10:19pm On May 06, 2023
Zahra29:

If domestic violence is involved which the OP has just alluded to, then I don't blame her and he should be very grateful that she didn't go to the police.
They've not been there for long, so going to the Police might still look weird to them.

Meanwhile some husband & wife Kwanta has no mekwatalism. In Nigeria, Village people might put mouth, but over there E go hard; every cat acts like tiger & beating is a No No for me.

When I emphasised on ego, was when the poster said "He agreed to the Divorce", it's like boi-boi agreeing not to serve oga again. Smh*
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wallg123: 10:31pm On May 06, 2023
Dygeasy:
You can try Nala

They've been reliable thus far and they have good rates. Current rate is 928. Join https://join.iwantnala.com/YUNUS-378569 and get a bonus.
i can't see naija on the list of countries
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LionInZion: 10:56pm On May 06, 2023
LionInZion:
Hello All,

Please advise me on the best phone deal to choose. I want to switch from Lebara to a phone deal like Three, O2, Vodafone, etc. Which should I go for please?

Any thoughts on this please?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 10:56pm On May 06, 2023
Very possible cheesy

Thastie:
grin
grin grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 10:57pm On May 06, 2023
Try Virgin mobile if network good in your area - contract sim only is available

LionInZion:

Any thoughts on this please?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 10:59pm On May 06, 2023
Look for cheap call cards

ezegold4we:
Pls house,

Which UK network or line will i use to be calling Nigeria lines under unlimited package??
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 11:04pm On May 06, 2023
Yup the electorates are not close to the politicians or elected. If power to elect a prime minister lies in the hands of the people via their senators or reps, they will all sit up cheesy

justwise:
[/b]

Was that why the Nigerian election was such a joke?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 11:04pm On May 06, 2023
ezegold4we:
Pls house,

WhatsApp calls .......😜😂🤣

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 11:05pm On May 06, 2023
Airbnb first then look for accommodation ...that's the strategy here o

santos247:
Hello Men and brethren,
My brother and the wife arrived LOndon and still have issues with accommodation challenges.
Is there anyone here who has a space, knows someone who does and can help.
We urgently need help.
The family is a very respectful, quiet one and will not 'do pass themselves'
Please if you have any link, please reach me on whatsapp +2778o5852o9.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AgentXxx(m): 11:10pm On May 06, 2023
Thanks for this, I will check with them but is there a way to check myself since I know what my job entails.
duchess90:
Hello

On the shortage list

2129 Engineering professionals not elsewhere classified – all jobs

That should fit in nicely but confirm from your HR if this depicts your job

Cheers

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dustydee: 11:19pm On May 06, 2023
Thastie:
grin
grin grin grin
He should start looking for sponsorship. If they have kids, he can remain on that basis (Right to family life).
I personally don't see any reason to remain in a toxic marriage just because of a visa.
For those who are speculating that the guy is not pulling his weight, could it also be that the guy had a very good job/business back home and was reluctant to come to the UK but only did due to pressure from his spouse? And then probably he is yet to find something similar ro what he left and unwilling to start from the ground? There are countless stories like that that have caused strains in relationships.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Dygeasy(m): 11:36pm On May 06, 2023
ezegold4we:
Pls house,

I use Boss Revolution and it costs about £9 for unlimited calls monthly.

Sign up here BOSS Revolution is an easy and safe app I use to call internationally and top up. Try it now for FREE. Your Referral Code: J3V481049WYXRJD https://bossrevolution.page/ck5bw9UE4kBnDKUV9

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Dygeasy(m): 11:38pm On May 06, 2023
dustydee:

He should start looking for sponsorship. If they have kids, he can remain on that basis (Right to family life).
I personally don't see any reason to remain in a toxic marriage just because of a visa.
For those who are speculating that the guy is not pulling his weight, could it also be that the guy had a very good job/business back home and was reluctant to come to the UK but only did due to pressure from his spouse? And then probably he is yet to find something similar ro what he left and unwilling to start from the ground? There are countless stories like that that have caused strains in relationships.
The way we jump to conclusions on this thread ehn. It's amazing.

Who knows if the man is asking about being arrested because he's worried about what his immigration status would be once the divorce process begins?

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Zahra29: 11:49pm On May 06, 2023
dustydee:

I'm sure this only applies if the children are British citizens, or at the very least fall under the 7 year exception. Otherwise HO/courts would take the view that the children could easily return to their home country if the father wished to continue to enjoy family life with them.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Zahra29: 11:58pm On May 06, 2023
Dygeasy:

Who knows if the man is asking about being arrested because he's worried about what his immigration status would be once the divorce process begins?

I don't think anyone jumped to conclusions, but were speculating (along with the OP) -the same way you're speculating above about why the man was worried about being arrested.

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Dygeasy(m): 1:11am On May 07, 2023
wallg123:

i can't see naija on the list of countries
It's there. You can send a dm and I'll walk you through it.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by deept(m): 4:53am On May 07, 2023
Dygeasy:

This thread dey be like soap opera with the gist, twists and turns sometimes.

Wife: I am not feeling supported, let's get divorce

Husband: ok

Nairalanders: it's domestic violence

Life in the UK.

Make we dey catch cruise, I write my own twist:

Husband and wife move to the UK. Wife meets her old university ex, who is driving a lexus gs430 and seems to be doing well in the UK with permanent residence. Ex wants to continue where they left off.
Meanwhile husband is struggling to make ends meet and doing a minimum wage job that British people will not do and cannot meet all of wife's needs. Wife looking for an easy way to a better life,eets husband and says I want a divorce I don't feel supported. Husband knows the scores, it's a lose lose for him so to avoid stories that touch he agrees.....
I don get writers block ooooo

15 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 5:52am On May 07, 2023
Dygeasy:

Honestly! The one surprising me is the ‘friend’ that came here to be laughing and sharing emojis about the possibility of her friend abusing his wife and/or being incarcerated.

And this is the same thread people want everyone to indirectly make their identities known. So that next time their ‘friends’ will be using their matters and real life identities to catch cruise in front of the whole world until the wrong eyes put two and two together.

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LionInZion: 6:17am On May 07, 2023
bigtt76:
Try Virgin mobile if network good in your area - contract sim only is available

Okay, I'll find out about their service here. Manny thanks.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Dygeasy(m): 6:23am On May 07, 2023
deept:

This thread dey be like soap opera with the gist, twists and turns sometimes.

Wife: I am not feeling supported, let's get divorce

Husband: ok

Nairalanders: it's domestic violence

Life in the UK.

Make we dey catch cruise, I write my own twist:

Husband and wife move to the UK. Wife meets her old university ex, who is driving a lexus gs430 and seems to be doing well in the UK with permanent residence. Ex wants to continue where they left off.
Meanwhile husband is struggling to make ends meet and doing a minimum wage job that British people will not do and cannot meet all of wife's needs. Wife looking for an easy way to a better life,eets husband and says I want a divorce I don't feel supported. Husband knows the scores, it's a lose lose for him so to avoid stories that touch he agrees.....
I don get writers block ooooo
Imagination wan kill you cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Shanid(m): 7:17am On May 07, 2023
Hello everyone, my dependent moved to the Uk 2 months ago. Still, it has been challenging to get a document to prove their address...lost two jobs already and couldn't open a bank account. Even when I wanted to add her name to the tenancy agreement, they said they needed a three months pay lip.
They also rejected the Electoral letter confirming the address.......please, what can we do?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DoDirtsLikeWorm(m): 7:23am On May 07, 2023
LionInZion:
Hello All,

Please advise me on the best phone deal to choose. I want to switch from Lebara to a phone deal like Three, O2, Vodafone, etc. Which should I go for please?

On how it works, get an apartment and make friends with your neighbours, then ask them about the network with more service within your vicinity, they will gladly tell you.

Meanwhile the position of the flat might also be a factor, I know of ones that drops on just switching rooms
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LionInZion: 7:40am On May 07, 2023
DoDirtsLikeWorm:

On how it works, get an apartment and make friends with your neighbours, then ask them about the network with more service within your vicinity, they will gladly tell you.

Meanwhile the position of the flat might also be a factor, I know of ones that drops on just switching rooms

Thanks Boss, I'll find out which works best here.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AKALAMAGBO: 8:04am On May 07, 2023
You’ve said it all Koonbey 👊🏻
koonbey:

Honestly! The one surprising me is the ‘friend’ that came here to be laughing and sharing emojis about the possibility of her friend abusing his wife and/or being incarcerated.

And this is the same thread people want everyone to indirectly make their identities known. So that next time their ‘friends’ will be using their matters and real life identities to catch cruise in front of the whole world until the wrong eyes put two and two together.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by topellycategory: 8:07am On May 07, 2023
koonbey:

I wonder ooh brother, some people just enjoy catching cruise with other people stories just in the name of "spicing upthe thread", that's very unfair.

I pity the person that brings such here to seek advise from some that don't have joy in their heart.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gergemam: 8:13am On May 07, 2023
Lexusgs430:

The fear of deportation or curtailment, would bring back the love, that initially departed, abi nah deported ...... 😝😭🇬🇧

Daddy wa... Ewo tu leleyi fah 😞😞😞

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (978) (979) (980) (981) (982) (983) (984) ... (1007)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.