Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,466 members, 7,830,343 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas – By Joe Igbokwe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas – By Joe Igbokwe (1259 Views)

What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe / Kemi Adeosun Wearing NYSC Uniform - By Joe Igbokwe (Real Or Photoshopped?) / What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas – By Joe Igbokwe by micellgevity: 7:12am On Aug 26, 2021
“Did the Yoruba go to war when June 12 1993 Presidential Election won by their illustrious son Chief MKO Abiola was annulled on June 23rd 1993 on a sheet of paper by IBB?

Did Yoruba go to war when Abiola’s wife Alhaja Kudirat Abiola was murdered in Lagos in the morning of Jun 4 1996?

Did Yoruba go to war when the winner of that historic election was poisoned on July 7 1998?

Did Yoruba go to war when those who killed Abiola imposed Obasanjo on them as President in 1999?

Did Yoruba accept Chief Ernest Shonekan when IBB made him to head the interim government in 1993? Yoruba rejected OBJ and Shonekan because this unique race has never been slaves to public office and yet they have remained number one in Nigeria in almost everything. This is wisdom and strategic thinking at work.

Those of us who have lived in Yoruba land for years should not only learn how to wear Aso Ebi, eat Ewedu soup or dance Owambe, music.

6 jobs That Pay well with little education in 2021
theverge.club
by TaboolaSponsored Links
We must have also learned other unique things from them like sharing property to both male and female children, religious tolerance, ethnic tolerance, transferring legacies from generation to generation. Do you know that APC National Leader Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s wife is a Christian? Do you know that former Governor Fashola’s wife is a Christian? We can learn a lot from Yoruba. Yoruba too can learn from Igbo in areas of thinking home, business enterprise, self-help, apprenticeship, etc.

A Yoruba woman, a Pastor Mrs. Eunice Olawale Elisha of the Redeemed Christian Church of God old NEPA Road Phase 4 Kubwa, Abuja was killed by unknown persons on Saturday morning of July 9, 2016, while preaching the gospel around 5.30am. I have followed the reactions on the internety and Yoruba do not behave like the Igbo. They have been speaking but not preaching hate. They have called for the culprits to be fished out, prosecuted and punished. If Mrs. Eunice Elisha had been an Igbo hell would have been let loose. There would have been abuses and abuses. But Yoruba are not Igbo. This is civilization. This is strategic thinking. I hope our people can learn from this. Civility is not a sign of weakness. He who fights and run away lives to fight another day.

When GEJ marginalized Yoruba in his cabinet for five years despite been the most vocal in an effort to make him president, Yorubas didn’t threaten anybody, they didn’t abuse anybody, they simply fought in a peaceful & civilized way to effect a change in 2015 using their PVC. Today the most active VP since the independence & most likely, the next president of Nigeria is Yoruba. Fashola heads 3 ministries & referred to as prime minister in some parlance, Kemi Adeosun heads finance, Fayemi heads mines etc. That’s how to fight for relevance in multi faceted country like Nigeria & not taking up arm against everybody.

To have ears is not to listen, to listen is not to hear, to hear is not to understand, to understand is not to put to practice. I know that writing this may not get me many friends among the Igbo, but it always gets me the right ones”

– Joe Igbokwe

Source: https://www.naija247news.com/2021/08/26/what-the-igbos-can-learn-from-the-yorubas-by-joe-igbokwe/

2 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas – By Joe Igbokwe by techwaya: 7:17am On Aug 26, 2021
This man talks too much,igbos will hear this advice better if you go to the east and tell them,at least reach Asaba no need to cross River Niger..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas – By Joe Igbokwe by Omoluabi1stborn: 7:19am On Aug 26, 2021
cool

Always learning from Yorubas but they don't want to take advice from Yorubas

Which always makes them fail from the "learning"

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas – By Joe Igbokwe by Omoluabi1stborn: 7:20am On Aug 26, 2021
[quote author=micellgevity post=105188418]

Yoruba rejected OBJ and Shonekan because this unique race has never been slaves to public office and yet they have remained number one in Nigeria in almost everything. This is wisdom and strategic thinking at work.

Those of us who have lived in Yoruba land for years should not only learn how to wear Aso Ebi, eat Ewedu soup or dance Owambe, music.

Do you know that APC National Leader Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s wife is a Christian? Do you know that former Governor Fashola’s wife is a Christian? We can learn a lot from Yoruba. Yoruba too can learn from Igbo in areas of thinking home, business enterprise, self-help, apprenticeship, etc.

I have followed the reactions on the internety and Yoruba do not behave like the Igbo. They have been speaking but not preaching hate.

When GEJ marginalized Yoruba in his cabinet for five years despite been the most vocal in an effort to make him president, Yorubas didn’t threaten anybody, they didn’t abuse anybody, they simply fought in a peaceful & civilized way to effect a change in 2015 using their PVC. Today the most active VP since the independence & most likely, the next president of Nigeria is Yoruba. Fashola heads 3 ministries & referred to as prime minister in some parlance, Kemi Adeosun heads finance, Fayemi heads mines etc. That’s how to fight for relevance in multi faceted country like Nigeria & not taking up arm against everybody.

Lol, if at all I have read any truth coming out from an Igbo man, this is the first truth I'm hearing from an Igbo man

E be like say reasonable Igbos don't reside in the East

By the way, I remembered that thread, that year on Nairaland when Yoruba Elders went to meet Jonathan for marginalization around 2011 or 2012 sha

Lol, see insults upon insults.

1 Like

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas – By Joe Igbokwe by ojun50(m): 7:21am On Aug 26, 2021
They run mouth hand go soon meet you
Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas – By Joe Igbokwe by Amarabae(f): 7:23am On Aug 26, 2021
My menstrual fluid has more value than this foolish man in Igbo land

7 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas – By Joe Igbokwe by CUBANAEZE: 7:24am On Aug 26, 2021
What joe igbokwe need to understand is that igbos are not lazy yorubas who fulani chased out of IIorin lolzzz grin. grin.
Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas – By Joe Igbokwe by Sufferingboy(f): 7:30am On Aug 26, 2021
Amarabae:

Your smelling rotten toto abi?

3 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas – By Joe Igbokwe by Aufbauh(m): 7:31am On Aug 26, 2021
This is why I don't see the most Igbos as genuine Christians.
The tenet of Christian faith is hinged on love and forgiveness which is lacking in them.
That is why they are disorganized and disoriented lacking clear leadership.

Even in heaven there is a place of leadership and obeisance, there's a hierarchical order to ensure orderliness and direction.
Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas – By Joe Igbokwe by techwaya: 7:33am On Aug 26, 2021
Sufferingboy:

Your smelling rotten toto abi?

This foolish Fulani suffering boy claiming Ika who dash you. you are so shameless,the real ikas i know are rather neutral and don't interfere in igbo matter, but you will carry you smelly gworo teeth to every Igbo thread to talk if northern threads appear you will still support northerners..

2 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas – By Joe Igbokwe by kestolove95(m): 7:35am On Aug 26, 2021
Ndi dot people have dead brain, dey cant learn anythng new aside from drug, ritual, robbery and stealing and looting peoples shop

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas – By Joe Igbokwe by Sufferingboy(f): 7:39am On Aug 26, 2021
techwaya:

This foolish Fulani suffering boy claiming Ika who dash you. you are so shameless,the real ikas i know are rather neutral and don't interfere in igbo matter, but you will carry you smelly gworo teeth to every Igbo thread to talk if northern threads appear you will still support northerners..

Bring your breast,MAKE I suck.I hope your breast soft well?
Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas – By Joe Igbokwe by joyandfaith: 7:43am On Aug 26, 2021
Igbokwe thinks he is now a yoruba. He stills an igbo man. Never despise family members your people to please your friends. The truth is that igbo, hausa/fulani/kanuri and yoruba have distinct cultural values. No basis for comparison. Different people would solve the same problems in different ways.
Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas – By Joe Igbokwe by BigSarah(f): 7:44am On Aug 26, 2021
Igbokwe told a lot of lies and half truth here, he also made insensitive comparisons here...
I doubt he's the author of this...

He wouldn't tell open lies to gain favour from a certain ethnic group, or tell lies to gain enemies from his own ethnic group.
Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas – By Joe Igbokwe by Otuegbe: 7:46am On Aug 26, 2021
Igbokwe is yet say something about NDA attack

1 Like

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas – By Joe Igbokwe by Dymaco(m): 8:13am On Aug 26, 2021
Oya compare north to south. That you tolerate rubbish doesn't make you more civilized than I am.
Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas – By Joe Igbokwe by Dymaco(m): 8:17am On Aug 26, 2021
kestolove95:
Ndi dot people have dead brain, dey cant learn anythng new aside from drug, ritual, robbery and stealing and looting peoples shop
Yet you people want one Nigeria with them. We don't want you people yet you people are forcing one Nigeria to us.
We are ok with our ritual, robber, stealing as accused. If you are not ok with then support division of Nigeria else you shut your mouth up
Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas – By Joe Igbokwe by Dymaco(m): 8:21am On Aug 26, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:

That you are comfortable being pursued by herdsmen to benin republic doesn't mean that other tribes will tolerate it.
Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas – By Joe Igbokwe by KingOfAllIgbos: 8:29am On Aug 26, 2021
This is Joe Igbokwe.

Greatest Igbo dead or alive.

He has submitted himself humbly as a slave for Afonja.

All others had better do so. grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas – By Joe Igbokwe by KingOfAllIgbos: 8:29am On Aug 26, 2021
grin

1 Like

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas – By Joe Igbokwe by KingOfAllIgbos: 8:31am On Aug 26, 2021
CUBANAEZE:
What joe igbokwe need to understand is that igbos are not lazy yorubas who fulani chased out of IIorin lolzzz grin. grin.

But they are cowards that wear skirts after chestbeating. E.g. Ojukwu and Kanu.

They are Ijaw slaves according to Asari Dokubo and all yeebos ran away in fear. grin

1 Like

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas – By Joe Igbokwe by Danjikanbauchi: 8:34am On Aug 26, 2021
techwaya:
This man talks too much,igbos will hear this advice better if you go to the east and tell them,at least reach Asaba no need to cross River Niger..
tongue

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas – By Joe Igbokwe by Danjikanbauchi: 8:36am On Aug 26, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:
cool

Always learning from Yorubas but they don't want to take advice from Yorubas

Which always makes them fail from the "learning"
you should have cover your face in shame after your sophisticated lead is to this mess we are today.

Bloody cowards, Yorubas supported Buhari today no peace on the country.

The islamization agenda Igbos warn Nigeria about it is open today.

1 Like

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas – By Joe Igbokwe by CUBANAEZE: 8:38am On Aug 26, 2021
KingOfAllIgbos:

But they are cowards that wear skirts after chestbeating. E.g. Ojukwu and Kanu.

They are Ijaw slaves according to Asari Dokubo and all yeebos ran away in fear. grin
80% of lagos belong to igbos very soon we will chase you and ur parents out of lagos.

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas – By Joe Igbokwe by KingOfAllIgbos: 8:41am On Aug 26, 2021
CUBANAEZE:

80% of lagos belong to igbos very soon we will chase you and ur parents out of lagos.

Check Sanwo Olu's cabinet and revert back. The most important Igbo in Lagos is Igbokwe and he is responsible for cleaning gutters.... shame no catch you ? grin

I like the picture of the Igbo man u uploaded. He got flogged by a yoruba guy grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas – By Joe Igbokwe by CUBANAEZE: 8:46am On Aug 26, 2021
KingOfAllIgbos:

Check Sanwo Olu's cabinet and revert back. The most important Igbo in Lagos is Igbokwe and he is responsible for cleaning gutters.... shame no catch you ? grin

I like the picture of the Igbo man u uploaded. He got flogged by a yoruba guy grin
is it true that ewedu and amala cause brain blockage?
Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas – By Joe Igbokwe by KingOfAllIgbos: 9:03am On Aug 26, 2021
CUBANAEZE:

is it true that ewedu and amala cause brain blockage?

Yes Akpu does.... I love those tears baby grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas – By Joe Igbokwe by sageb: 9:18am On Aug 26, 2021
this is so true. I agree with his assertion about his kinsmen they need to learn from others
Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas – By Joe Igbokwe by ThatFairGuy1: 9:20am On Aug 26, 2021
We'll keep playing role of big brother to them despite being a hateful people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas – By Joe Igbokwe by Jostoman: 9:21am On Aug 26, 2021
Who take this igbokwe serious again? somebody that was jubilating when the news broke out that DSS invade igboho's house and kill two people he was also jubilating when he had that igboho had been arrested in BENIN REPUBLIC.
Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas – By Joe Igbokwe by Nobody: 9:26am On Aug 26, 2021
CUBANAEZE:

If all of you run to Lagos, how many black Jews will remain in Kongo jungle?

1 Like

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas – By Joe Igbokwe by BKayy: 9:34am On Aug 26, 2021
Amarabae:
Mess get value pass that Outcast.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Live Right Now They Are Exposing Nnamdi Kanu - Ijelespeaks And Uche Mefor / Tinubu Condoles With Rivers APC On The Death Of Delegates / Nigerians Applauds Peter Obi For Stating Key Problems Of The Country & Solution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.