Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

12 Signs That You Should Break Up With Your Boyfriend Or Spouse. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 12 Signs That You Should Break Up With Your Boyfriend Or Spouse. (3512 Views)

12 Signs You Have Commitment Phobia And How To Fix it / Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? / Worst Thing Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend Has Ever Done? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

12 Signs That You Should Break Up With Your Boyfriend Or Spouse. by Advocator: 11:20pm On May 20, 2011
1. If you’ve been hurt physically.
Ignore excuses and apologies; if violence has surfaced, it will surface again.Physical violence isn’t acceptable from either sex.

2. When you’re totally incompatible.
If your partner’s dream is to travel the road as a wandering musician and you’re a city person with ambitions, one or both of you will probably be unhappy if you stay together. Relationships have a better chance at being successful with people whom we share similar values and goals.

3. When he or she isn’t even close to your fantasy.
You may be tempted to stay with someone just because they’re available and willing, but this is generally a bad idea. There should be some chemistry in order to have a successful future.

4. When he or she just can’t say I love you.
Even if there’s chemistry, if someone can’t express their love for you with affectionate gestures, nurturing, and the words “I love you,” you’ll never really feel satisfied with them.

5. When he or she just isn’t there for you.
If you’ve been together a while and can’t count on him or her to come get you if your car breaks down, or to attend family or work events, then you don’t have a solid relationship.

6. When you’re afraid to express yourself.
Being in love should bring out the best in you. It should help you to be less self-conscious and make you more open and alive. If you feel like you’re walking on eggshells all the time because your partner is emotionally volatile and verbally abusive, it’s probably a sign that this is not the right relationship for you.

7. When your self-esteem is suffering.
If your relationship is demeaning, makes you feel bad about yourself, leaves you feeling like you’re not heard, and you’re getting more criticism than praise, then it’s time to end it. A good relationship makes you feel respected and loved, worthwhile and good about yourself.

8. When he or she is a philanderer.
Serial philanderers usually have a pattern of behavior. If you discover your mate has that kind of history, don’t believe “never again.” The heartache and torment will never end.

9. When he or she commits an unforgivable act.
There are single acts so horrid that they should mean the END. If he or she sleeps with your best friend, is disrespectful to your family, consistently criticizes and undermines you, stands you up at the altar, or commits murder, end the relationship with no second chances.

10. When the same problems recur again and again.
Loving someone doesn’t always guarantee you can spend the rest of your lives together. If you’ve broken up and reunited and you’re still having the same fights, the same problems or different versions of the same problem, especially if you’ve tried relationship counseling, it’s probably best to end the relationship. Saying, “things will be better” and actually making things better by changing attitudes and behaviors aren’t the same thing. The former is lip service and mollification; the latter is growth.

11. When he or she says, “I need some space.”
The relationship seems to have stalled and your partner says something like, “I want time,” or “I want space,” or “I think we should see other people,” or “I need to devote myself to my career.” Almost always, what he or she means is “I want out.” These things happen, don’t drag it out. You might say, “Sounds like you want to break up. I’m sorry you feel that way, but I understand. I hope we can remain friends.”

12. When the relationship just doesn’t progress.
Relationships have a natural progression. If you’re not progressing and you can’t pinpoint the cause, you might want to try couple’s counseling.
Re: 12 Signs That You Should Break Up With Your Boyfriend Or Spouse. by 190: 11:26pm On May 20, 2011
yawns angry
Re: 12 Signs That You Should Break Up With Your Boyfriend Or Spouse. by Advocator: 11:28pm On May 20, 2011
190:

yawns  angry

<>
<>
<>

You are pathetic.
Re: 12 Signs That You Should Break Up With Your Boyfriend Or Spouse. by 190: 11:28pm On May 20, 2011
and you are plain st[i]u[/i]pid undecided
Re: 12 Signs That You Should Break Up With Your Boyfriend Or Spouse. by Nobody: 11:29pm On May 20, 2011
hmmm love is definitely NOT in the air this year!!  undecided grin

seriously, all of these divorce and break up threads!
Re: 12 Signs That You Should Break Up With Your Boyfriend Or Spouse. by Advocator: 11:30pm On May 20, 2011
190:

and you are plain st[i]u[/i]pid  undecided

Oh the irony.
Re: 12 Signs That You Should Break Up With Your Boyfriend Or Spouse. by Advocator: 11:32pm On May 20, 2011
MzDarkSkin:

hmmm love is definitely NOT in the air this year!!  undecided grin

seriously, all of these divorce and break up threads!

Sex explicit topics are on the way. Now at least you have something to look forward to.
Re: 12 Signs That You Should Break Up With Your Boyfriend Or Spouse. by Nobody: 11:34pm On May 20, 2011
Even if there’s chemistry, if someone can’t express their love for you with affectionate gestures, nurturing, and the words “I love you,” you’ll never really feel satisfied with them.

Even after doing this,i still got the Red Card,

so Rule 4. is a No-No for me,besides No Human Being can love only God can
Re: 12 Signs That You Should Break Up With Your Boyfriend Or Spouse. by Nobody: 11:35pm On May 20, 2011
grin grin

i don tire for seex.
i dont even like the word anymore.  undecided undecided

anyway,

this thread is interesting tho.
Re: 12 Signs That You Should Break Up With Your Boyfriend Or Spouse. by MMM2(m): 11:36pm On May 20, 2011
op
u just messed ur thread up with 190.
Re: 12 Signs That You Should Break Up With Your Boyfriend Or Spouse. by Advocator: 11:38pm On May 20, 2011
pc guru:

No human being can love? So you don't love *hmmmm let divert the topic for a jiffy* mother? And before we proceed do you even know the definition of love?

MzDarkSkin:

grin grin

i don tire for seex.
i dont even like the word anymore.  undecided undecided

anyway,

this thread is interesting tho.

I like sex and its sub topics. Diff' taste for diff' people.  smiley
Re: 12 Signs That You Should Break Up With Your Boyfriend Or Spouse. by Phate07(m): 11:41pm On May 20, 2011
Advocator:

1. If you’ve been hurt physically.
Ignore excuses and apologies; if violence has surfaced, it will surface again.Physical violence isn’t acceptable from either sex.

2. When you’re totally incompatible.
If your partner’s dream is to travel the road as a wandering musician and you’re a city person with ambitions, one or both of you will probably be unhappy if you stay together. Relationships have a better chance at being successful with people whom we share similar values and goals.

3. When he or she isn’t even close to your fantasy.
You may be tempted to stay with someone just because they’re available and willing, but this is generally a bad idea. There should be some chemistry in order to have a successful future.

5. When he or she just isn’t there for you.
If you’ve been together a while and can’t count on him or her to come get you if your car breaks down, or to attend family or work events, then you don’t have a solid relationship.

6. When you’re afraid to express yourself.
Being in love should bring out the best in you. It should help you to be less self-conscious and make you more open and alive. If you feel like you’re walking on eggshells all the time because your partner is emotionally volatile and verbally abusive, it’s probably a sign that this is not the right relationship for you.

7. When your self-esteem is suffering.
If your relationship is demeaning, makes you feel bad about yourself, leaves you feeling like you’re not heard, and you’re getting more criticism than praise, then it’s time to end it. A good relationship makes you feel respected and loved, worthwhile and good about yourself.

8. When he or she is a philanderer.
Serial philanderers usually have a pattern of behavior. If you discover your mate has that kind of history, don’t believe “never again.” The heartache and torment will never end.

9. When he or she commits an unforgivable act.
There are single acts so horrid that they should mean the END. If he or she sleeps with your best friend, is disrespectful to your family, consistently criticizes and undermines you, stands you up at the altar, or commits murder, end the relationship with no second chances.

10. When the same problems recur again and again.
Loving someone doesn’t always guarantee you can spend the rest of your lives together. If you’ve broken up and reunited and you’re still having the same fights, the same problems or different versions of the same problem, especially if you’ve tried relationship counseling, it’s probably best to end the relationship. Saying, “things will be better” and actually making things better by changing attitudes and behaviors aren’t the same thing. The former is lip service and mollification; the latter is growth.

11. When he or she says, “I need some space.”
The relationship seems to have stalled and your partner says something like, “I want time,” or “I want space,” or “I think we should see other people,” or “I need to devote myself to my career.” Almost always, what he or she means is “I want out.” These things happen, don’t drag it out. You might say, “Sounds like you want to break up. I’m sorry you feel that way, but I understand. I hope we can remain friends.”

12. When the relationship just doesn’t progress.
Relationships have a natural progression. If you’re not progressing and you can’t pinpoint the cause, you might want to try couple’s counseling.

Source?
Re: 12 Signs That You Should Break Up With Your Boyfriend Or Spouse. by Nobody: 11:43pm On May 20, 2011
u av sum point sha,
Re: 12 Signs That You Should Break Up With Your Boyfriend Or Spouse. by 190: 11:43pm On May 20, 2011
Re: 12 Signs That You Should Break Up With Your Boyfriend Or Spouse. by Nobody: 11:44pm On May 20, 2011
Phate07:

Source?

this guy sef!  grin
Re: 12 Signs That You Should Break Up With Your Boyfriend Or Spouse. by Advocator: 11:53pm On May 20, 2011
190:

^ Source: www.advocator-is-wasting-his-time-cos-190-has-officially-owned-babe.com  angry

You can have her. We are actually distanced these days. It is a matter of time before she breaks up with me or I break up with her.
Re: 12 Signs That You Should Break Up With Your Boyfriend Or Spouse. by Advocator: 11:55pm On May 20, 2011
M M M:

op
u just messed your thread up with 190.
How so?
Re: 12 Signs That You Should Break Up With Your Boyfriend Or Spouse. by 190: 12:05am On May 21, 2011
Advocator:

You can have her. We are actually distanced these days. It is a matter of time before she breaks up with me or I break up with her.

good cool
Re: 12 Signs That You Should Break Up With Your Boyfriend Or Spouse. by Nobody: 12:19am On May 21, 2011
pc guru:

PC GURU, I admire your intelligence, I honestly do. But whatever you are smoking or drinking, I beg you in the name of God to quit. So many religions command their followers to show love for their fellow humans. Specifically, the Bible has the ubiquitous "Love Thy Neighbor As Thyself" maxim. I am sure others can also quote similar exhortations from their holy books.

(1) (Reply)

Some Nigerian Girls Are Wicked Chai!!! True Life Story / How Can One Get Over Serious Heartbreak? / How Watching Spartacus With My Gf Ruined Our Friendship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.