Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Manchester United Club Value Rockets By £212million After Ronaldo Return( Pix) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Manchester United Club Value Rockets By £212million After Ronaldo Return( Pix) (909 Views)

Dolores Aveiro's Reaction After Ronaldo Scored His First Goal Against Newcastle / EPL: James To Leave Man Utd After Ronaldo’s Arrival / Manchester United Gains $300m In Share Value After Ronaldo Announcement (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Manchester United Club Value Rockets By £212million After Ronaldo Return( Pix) by Holiness2100: 9:10pm On Aug 27, 2021
RON THE UP: MANCHESTER United's stock market value rocketed by £212million today after Cristiano Ronaldo's sensational comeback.

The announcement of the star's return this afternoon sent the share price soaring by 9.8 per cent at one point before it fell back slightly.

While the share price opened the day at $17.38 (£12.62) the news of the striker's transfer spiked it at $19.09, (£13.87) meaning the club's market value rose by $293m (£212m).

And although the price fell after the sudden spike, it is still up by more than 6 per cent.

The club announced an agreement with Juventus to seal the transfer, subject to personal terms, a visa, and the completion of the medical after Premier League champions Manchester City pulled out of the running on Friday.

SunSport understands United have handed the five-time Ballon d'Or winner a two-year contract at the Theatre of Dream.

A medical in Lisbon was quickly planned as he flew into the Portuguese capital on his private jet.

Ronaldo penned an emotional goodbye message to Juve fans on Friday afternoon, writing on Instagram: "

Today I depart from an amazing club, the biggest in Italy and surely one of the biggest in all of Europe.

"I gave my heart and soul for Juventus and I’ll always love the city of Turin until my final days.

"The 'tiffosi bianconeri' always respected me and I tried to thank that respect by fighting for them in every game, every season, every competition.

"In the end, we can all look back and realize that we achieved great things, not all that we wanted, but still, we wrote a pretty beautiful story together.

"I will always be one of you. You are now part of my history, as I feel that I’m part of yours. Italy, Juve, Turin, tiffosi bianconeri, you’ll always be in my heart."

The rise in the club's value comes as no surprise as shares of the Italian football club had also rocketed by 30 per cent when the Portuguese player joined the team back in 2018.

However briefly, the star's 100-million-euro signing caused Juventus shares to soar about 150 per cent in the first year, reports Yahoo Finance.

In June, the popular striker wiped $4 billion off Coca-Cola's market value after he removed two bottles of coke and told the watching world to 'Drink Water!' during a press conference.

The move made Coca-Cola's share price to drop from $56.10 (£39.80) to $55.22 (£39.19).

At one point during the day 1.6 per cent of the company's value had been wiped off - meaning the market value of Coca-Cola went from $242bn to $238bn - a drop of $4bn (£2.84bn).

Lalasticlala

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/15987083/manchester-united-club-value-rockets-ronaldo-return/amp/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manchester United Club Value Rockets By £212million After Ronaldo Return( Pix) by Nbotee(m): 9:16pm On Aug 27, 2021
Ronaldo fans ehn
Re: Manchester United Club Value Rockets By £212million After Ronaldo Return( Pix) by Ovo200: 9:18pm On Aug 27, 2021
The greatest of all time.
Can't wait till tomorrow when more records will be broken

3 Likes

Re: Manchester United Club Value Rockets By £212million After Ronaldo Return( Pix) by iamyemiakins(m): 9:19pm On Aug 27, 2021
The G.O.A.T effect.

Who's ur G.O.A.T again?!

2 Likes

Re: Manchester United Club Value Rockets By £212million After Ronaldo Return( Pix) by viyon02: 9:21pm On Aug 27, 2021
Am just surprised how God gave a glory of a whole nation to just one man. This guy is richer than some nations

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Club Value Rockets By £212million After Ronaldo Return( Pix) by iamyemiakins(m): 9:23pm On Aug 27, 2021
Nbotee:
Ronaldo fans ehn
Shey kosi

2 Likes

Re: Manchester United Club Value Rockets By £212million After Ronaldo Return( Pix) by iamyemiakins(m): 9:25pm On Aug 27, 2021
viyon02:
Am just surprised how God gave a glory of a whole nation to just one man. This guy is richer than some nations
No be small thing o.

Ologo 5G

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Club Value Rockets By £212million After Ronaldo Return( Pix) by iamyemiakins(m): 9:29pm On Aug 27, 2021
At this point, some Messi fans will be under pressure to decamp to Ronaldo's side cheesy

Let me check something to see the ratings on here...

Like for Ronaldo
Share for Messi

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Manchester United Club Value Rockets By £212million After Ronaldo Return( Pix) by Simdyofficial(f): 9:31pm On Aug 27, 2021
We love his works ,in and outside football. Great man
Re: Manchester United Club Value Rockets By £212million After Ronaldo Return( Pix) by anthonyuncle(m): 9:44pm On Aug 27, 2021
can you now see why they spend millions to buy these guys?

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Club Value Rockets By £212million After Ronaldo Return( Pix) by Ovo200: 9:54pm On Aug 27, 2021
The only thing ronaldo haters can do is to hate more

Re: Manchester United Club Value Rockets By £212million After Ronaldo Return( Pix) by Jack005(m): 9:59pm On Aug 27, 2021
One of the reasons he was bought.. I love you Cris. No homo! My favorite player even as a Chelsea fan..
Re: Manchester United Club Value Rockets By £212million After Ronaldo Return( Pix) by obonujoker(m): 10:45pm On Aug 27, 2021
So you have different monickers for different nairaland sections.... grin....lol...

Welcome back CR7, I can now go back to watching Man utd
Re: Manchester United Club Value Rockets By £212million After Ronaldo Return( Pix) by Great100000: 5:47am On Aug 28, 2021
Am not surprise, this is Ronaldo we are talking about, if it happen to be Messi, same thing will happy happen.

CR7 & Leo are Global Icon and like I said any Club wey sign any of them will get Massive Followers and make Massive and abundant Money.

Good Luck CR7

Good Luck Leo

But not against Chelsea because we will flog whoever play us.... grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

Arsenal to win South Africa Premier League this season... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Teams That Achieved The 100 Points Mark In European History / Exposed: The Truth About 1xbet's Unpaid Winning 139m Tickets / What Next For Barca?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.