Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,609 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:06 AM

Nigeria Vs Argentina 2011 Friendly: 4 - 1 (Eagles Thump Argies) - Sports (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Argentina 2011 Friendly: 4 - 1 (Eagles Thump Argies) (42539 Views)

Poll: Who takes the day?

Nigeria: 69% (96 votes)
Argentina: 19% (27 votes)
Draw: 11% (16 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live / Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 / Nigeria Vs Mali (AFCON 2013) - (4 - 1) On 6th February 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina 2011 Friendly: 4 - 1 (Eagles Thump Argies) by Nobody: 12:36am On Jun 02, 2011
mikuz:

Ignoramus!
See your mouth like trash!
How come your incredulous level and size of ignorance has alttered your sense of reasoning?
Wonders shall never end!
[size=20pt] trash[/size]
mikuz:

Gbam!!
REASONS :
1.Improvement of Guinness' Goodwill.
2.Sales promotion.
3.World cup fallout,
Wait,sit tight up! Am coming back for the longer list!
[size=22pt]

TRASH[/size]
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina 2011 Friendly: 4 - 1 (Eagles Thump Argies) by eros(m): 12:37am On Jun 02, 2011
A well deserved win, but could have made it 6-0 if not for the selfish play by Nsofor and the other dude.

More so, the Ref should be fined or better yet sacked for the penalty call against Nigeria. What was he thinking? Prolly eat some weed during half time.  grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina 2011 Friendly: 4 - 1 (Eagles Thump Argies) by Nobody: 12:40am On Jun 02, 2011
SuyaEater:

Well done naija grin , now lets crush ethiopia 7-0
THANK YOU! JUST RELAX WITH UR CHICKS THAT DAY! IT WILL BE ANOTHER HAPPY DAY!!! smiley smiley
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina 2011 Friendly: 4 - 1 (Eagles Thump Argies) by SuyaEater(m): 1:10am On Jun 02, 2011
how do you quote here? ^^ i will
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina 2011 Friendly: 4 - 1 (Eagles Thump Argies) by azyaq(m): 1:41am On Jun 02, 2011
helo ppl, to me dat match was jst a screen saver coz almost 9of argentine startin 11 is not there, so siasia be warned
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina 2011 Friendly: 4 - 1 (Eagles Thump Argies) by ugostefano(m): 1:42am On Jun 02, 2011
well i know many people are saying this Argentina team didn't feature all their top players but i think Nigeria/super eagles will gain alot because this win will build their confidence in the players,coaches and fans . Also if we win Ethiopia we will definitely move up in fifa ranking
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina 2011 Friendly: 4 - 1 (Eagles Thump Argies) by Nobody: 1:55am On Jun 02, 2011
that ref definitely had poor eyesight, even the Argentine broadcaster said it wasnt REMOTELY a fault, let alone a penalty!

of course, we ALL know that the Argentina A team wasnt playing today BUT the arrogance of the Argentine coach who fielded a B team, thinking that they were going to win easily against the Nigerian team, IS the major FAIL in this picture!
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina 2011 Friendly: 4 - 1 (Eagles Thump Argies) by Roland17(m): 2:04am On Jun 02, 2011
I have said it b4, and i would continue saying it, "na Nigerians get bad belle pass for this world" if we win na trouble, we come loose nko? that one na die. abeg that guy wen dey post him pictures with NYSC jersey, u no dey shame? na only u go? ur pics toooo ugly to grace Nairaland, abeg Nairaland no b facebook.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina 2011 Friendly: 4 - 1 (Eagles Thump Argies) by DamiKhojie(m): 2:35am On Jun 02, 2011
Props to the nigerian team wish I could've watched the match
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina 2011 Friendly: 4 - 1 (Eagles Thump Argies) by Nobody: 2:44am On Jun 02, 2011
azyaq:

helo ppl, to me dat match was jst a screen saver coz almost 9of argentine startin 11 is not there, so siasia be warned

if you bother to read newspapers/ credible internet sources like goal.com, you will see that the Argentine team was regarded as their 1st team even though the coach decided to bring in U-25 guys. If you watched USA vs ARGENTINA, they did the same thing (the only difference was that argenitina had Messi and milito. . .or was it higuain. .?)

back to my point. Nigeria beat ARGENTINA. An Argantinian side which the coach brought TO WIN THE GAME!! not to lose. years from now, people won't say, "nigeria beat an argentinan side with u-25", they will say "Nigeria beat ARGENTINA" chikena.

Even SIASIa said the the albiceleste should bring all their top players, but silly baptista refused and underrated the Super eagles.

IMPORTANT: never underrate a team cos they will bite you in the a.s.s.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina 2011 Friendly: 4 - 1 (Eagles Thump Argies) by madprof(m): 3:38am On Jun 02, 2011
bboiabb:

if you bother to read newspapers/ credible internet sources like goal.com, you will see that the Argentine team was regarded as their 1st team even though the coach decided to bring in U-25 guys. If you watched USA vs ARGENTINA, they did the same thing (the only difference was that argenitina had Messi and milito. . .or was it higuain. .?)

back to my point. Nigeria beat ARGENTINA. An Argantinian side which the coach brought TO WIN THE GAME!! not to lose. years from now, people won't say, "nigeria beat an argentinan side with u-25", they will say "Nigeria beat ARGENTINA" chikena.

Even SIASIa said the the albiceleste should bring all their top players, but silly baptista refused and underrated the Super eagles.

IMPORTANT: never underrate a team cos they will bite you in the a.s.s.

E.O.D.!
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina 2011 Friendly: 4 - 1 (Eagles Thump Argies) by adeJ2: 4:48am On Jun 02, 2011
pls don't celebrate yet,we all know 9ja can;t beat Argentines!!!!!
biggest lie ever. 9ja 4 - 1 Argies shocked embarassed cry embarassed[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina 2011 Friendly: 4 - 1 (Eagles Thump Argies) by Nobody: 6:02am On Jun 02, 2011
^^^i am sorry, DIDNT THEY JUST DO THAT?! why shouldnt they celebrate?!
it doesnt really matter what/how/which way you look at it, Nigeria beat Argentina today, point blank!

you can say that Argentina was tired, second team or whatever but they DID win that game.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina 2011 Friendly: 4 - 1 (Eagles Thump Argies) by bdman: 7:18am On Jun 02, 2011
this match is not a test 4 eagles they need another game
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina 2011 Friendly: 4 - 1 (Eagles Thump Argies) by COMPAQ(m): 7:36am On Jun 02, 2011
When will NTA learn how to cover matches properly like Super Sport did yesterday!!? The picture was clear, the camera angles were very good, slow motion was available, the touch line interviews were well carried out etc. There was a super eagles match NTA covered a few months ago and I was thoroughly embarrassed for Nigeria. Often times the camera lost sight of the ball, the angles were horrible, the picture was very poor etc. I thought they said the bought/refurbished NTA's equipment to High Definition for the U-17 world cup!!??

This is one of the problems we have in Nigeria. We love to tell ourselves lies and believe it is the truth. NTA is supposed to be the "biggest network in Africa" and we still believe that aftyer 20 years of stagnation. Same way we call ourselves "Giant of Africa", when that title obviously belong to SA.

The minister of Information should immediately address the lapses with NTA.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina 2011 Friendly: 4 - 1 (Eagles Thump Argies) by FBS: 7:36am On Jun 02, 2011
It's not a test? ok. What was it then, exercise?  undecided grin

Nigeria 4 - 1 Argentina!
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina 2011 Friendly: 4 - 1 (Eagles Thump Argies) by no1madman(m): 7:49am On Jun 02, 2011
Germany next. .if we beat Germany,i'll respect S.E cos Germans dey very organised and dem no dey like to lose. . .
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina 2011 Friendly: 4 - 1 (Eagles Thump Argies) by BabaO2: 8:21am On Jun 02, 2011

World Football - Nigeria crush depleted Argentina

Wed, 01 Jun 21:37:00 2011

Nigeria registered their biggest win over a major footballing country by thrashing a depleted Argentina side 4-1 in a friendly in Abuja.
Ike Uche scored twice but the handsome victory margin was tempered by the fact Argentina played with just two players who are in their provisional squad for the upcoming Copa America.

A 10th-minute goal from Uche began the rout as Nigeria rolled over listless opponents who seemed to wilt quickly in the steamy conditions.

Victor Obinna converted a hotly-contested penalty 17 minutes later before Uche scored the third in the 40th minute, heading home unmarked at the back post after a strong run from Obinna and a perfect cross from Taye Taiwo.

"We knew Argentina had good players and we knew we had to score early to have any chance. This is a big morale booster for us," Uche told SuperSport television.

"Let's not take anything away from the importance of this win," added Nigeria captain Joseph Yobo.

Emanuel Emunike crowned the night with a deft lob over the goalkeeper's head as Argentina's defence was caught flatfooted again eight minutes into the second half.

Argentina, ranked fifth in the world, were handed an equally controversial penalty in the eighth minute of stoppage time and Mauro Boselli scored with the last kick of the match.

The absence of Lionel Messi and strict security around the stadium meant Abuja's 60,000-seater National Stadium was half empty.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina 2011 Friendly: 4 - 1 (Eagles Thump Argies) by Freemanalee(m): 8:27am On Jun 02, 2011
oh yeah? Ya all basking in the euphoria of Argetina bashin. To be patriotic Naija did well but to be objective, this Argetine squad is just a 2nd string team. I wish the likes of Messi,Di Maria,Tevez,Aguero,Higuain and Zanetti were all there. It could have been a close call. The inept and visionless NFF(bad planners) should have known better that june 1st is too early for any good team to prepare it's stars cos by then the 2010/11 European leagues(where these stars mentioned above play) rounds of 2wards the end of May plus the Uefa Champ's League finals. Of course Nig players didn't look all that burned-out from the just concluded European leagues cos most of them are bench warmers. Nevertheless, Siasia all the way.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina 2011 Friendly: 4 - 1 (Eagles Thump Argies) by BabaO2: 8:37am On Jun 02, 2011
oh yeah? Ya all basking in the euphoria of Argetina bashin. To be patriotic Naija did well but to be objective, this Argetine squad is just a 2nd string team. I wish the likes of Messi,Di Maria,Tevez,Aguero,Higuain and Zanetti were all there. It could have been a close call. The inept and visionless NFF(bad planners) should have known better that june 1st is too early for any good team to prepare it's stars cos by then the 2010/11 European leagues(where these stars mentioned above play) rounds of 2wards the end of May plus the Uefa Champ's League finals. Of course Nig players didn't look all that burned-out from the just concluded European leagues cos most of them are bench warmers. Nevertheless, Siasia all the way.
The guy should coach and not just fill the gap as figure head coach.
What has he done to change or add to Ahmed Musa. That guy has potential and could easily be match winners for a brilliant coach.
What is emenike doing in that team? sentiment selection ?. He scored unexpected goal fine, but this is not a national team player stuff.
We are in building process, have you ever seen siasia jotting down the mistakes of the guys, for correction purposes?
I think we are celebrating ignorance
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina 2011 Friendly: 4 - 1 (Eagles Thump Argies) by RBJ(f): 8:40am On Jun 02, 2011
The problem we have in nigeria is that some of us dont beleive in ourselves. If you recall SA 2010 with all their best player, they could only beat us 1-0, So i sy this was a clean victory. whether Messi and others were there or not. whether you call it a Messiless Victory, that is argentina's business for not bringing their best players for an international friendly. Siasia is doing well and i beleive we will proof it on sunday after beating Ethiopia, then Pessimistic Nigerians will now keep their mouth shut.
What Argentina coach did was to ridicle Nigeria by saying his team B or whatever is equal to our very own best Super Eagles.  But i think it serves him right.
Let us Cheer ourselves up and encourage each other to do better. I predict Nigeria 3-1 Ethiopia com Sunday. Watch out and see
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina 2011 Friendly: 4 - 1 (Eagles Thump Argies) by dabraska: 8:47am On Jun 02, 2011
lwkmd!!!! u pple make me laff alot!! so u believe u actually beat Argentina? dat was a complete joke of d year, .
I will b very straight, d only tin dat so-called "win" did to us was to boost our confidence!
dat wasnt Argentina's team B, rather it was their team Z apart from Zabaleta nd mayb 1 or 2 oda players dat played,
70% of the Argies dat played dat day were playn 4 dier national team 4 d 1st tym, nd u call dat a Senior International match please!!!

buh dnt gemme wrong, its in d record that Nigeria beat Argentina, but lets b true to ourselves, dat ddnt do us any gud!

Just take a gud look at England vs Ghana, England played with 70% of dier 1st team players and it ended 1-1, those r d kind of matches dat we r meant 2 consider as a match not dis 1,

DDnt u guys hear of wat happnd, Argentina 1st rejected d offer from Nigeria, but den accepted 4rm Guiness, gimme a break!! it was 1 of 2 tins dat must hv bin agreed btw Argies nd Guiness,
1. Argentina wasnt gon to field a squad A team which happened or,
2. we were goin 2 b givn d advantage, considerin d match was goin to b refereed by a Nigerian, linesmen, Nigerian and evrytin lyk dat,

I had a meetin wif Kanu on Sunday nd he told me it was a complete joke even b4 d matchday, so I had known wat was gonna happen,

So lets b careful in jubilatin, cus wat i saw 4rm d Nigerian syd was inexperienced futball, dey werent passn d ball on tym nd dis rigid futball is still in dem,
No wori, we go beta 1 day!
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina 2011 Friendly: 4 - 1 (Eagles Thump Argies) by Nagasaki(m): 9:44am On Jun 02, 2011
Super Eagles dey shine because na junior team, lik say messy, tevez, de maria & co de play pitch 4 don scatter. Make dem go face lions na den u go knw say guys lik yobo no be am even ref i still de wonder y yobo still de super eagles.
When d strongest are not there, the stronger will exert there influence on the strong. The Nigerian football is now a thing of the past, the players are over rated, the supporters demanding much, irregularities within d sporting council,

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina 2011 Friendly: 4 - 1 (Eagles Thump Argies) by mikuz(m): 9:45am On Jun 02, 2011
dabraska:

lwkmd!!!! u pple make me laff alot!! so u believe u actually beat Argentina? dat was a complete joke of d year,  .
I will b very straight, d only tin dat so-called "win" did to us was to boost our confidence!
dat wasnt Argentina's team B, rather it was their team Z apart from Zabaleta nd mayb 1 or 2 oda players dat played,  
70% of the Argies dat played dat day were playn 4 dier national team 4 d 1st tym,  nd u call dat a Senior International match please!!!

buh dnt gemme wrong, its in d record that Nigeria beat Argentina, but lets b true to ourselves, dat ddnt do us any gud!

Just take a gud look at England vs Ghana, England played with 70% of dier 1st team players and it ended 1-1, those r d kind of matches dat we r meant 2 consider as a match not dis 1,

DDnt u guys hear of wat happnd, Argentina 1st rejected d offer from Nigeria, but den accepted 4rm Guiness, gimme a break!! it was 1 of 2 tins dat must hv bin agreed btw Argies nd Guiness,
2. we were goin 2 b givn d advantage,  considerin d match was goin to b refereed by a Nigerian, linesmen, Nigerian and evrytin lyk dat,

I had a meetin wif Kanu on Sunday nd he told me it was a complete joke even b4 d matchday, so I had known wat was gonna happen,

So lets b careful in jubilatin, cus wat i saw 4rm d Nigerian syd was inexperienced futball, dey werent passn d ball on tym nd dis rigid futball is still in dem,  
if only we have more people like this in Nigeria! This nation will be the best place on the face of the earth!
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina 2011 Friendly: 4 - 1 (Eagles Thump Argies) by Nobody: 10:05am On Jun 02, 2011
Mamagee = Becomrich of Sports Section!
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina 2011 Friendly: 4 - 1 (Eagles Thump Argies) by maximum007(m): 10:39am On Jun 02, 2011
I watched the match up till the point when the 4 additional minutes was indicated and up untill 94 mins b4 I went to bed. its shocking to hear that the match ended 4-1.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina 2011 Friendly: 4 - 1 (Eagles Thump Argies) by medocity(m): 10:55am On Jun 02, 2011
I'm glad, We've got our pond of flesh with good team spirit, good attacking football, good ball work and accurate passes, i believe people can see what the duo of Chelsea holding midfielder can do when it comes to attacking football and good, accurate and killer passes, Nigeria i believe will shock the entire world pretty soon, Watch out, We all find it funny and very impressive with the Nigerian teams game pattern and style of play, CONGRATULATIONS NAIRALAND FELLOWS, Best yet to come!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina 2011 Friendly: 4 - 1 (Eagles Thump Argies) by fxtopedia(m): 10:59am On Jun 02, 2011
[size=18pt]Call it Team B, if you like call it team G, all I know is that Nigeria defeated Argentina 4-1[/size]
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina 2011 Friendly: 4 - 1 (Eagles Thump Argies) by spyder880(m): 11:01am On Jun 02, 2011
See as all of them dey talk reh reh reh reh! na me say make them field their 3rd team? if they win now everyone will say naija no good. Final verdict, Argentina chop 4 kondo, we were very merciful and dash them one goal grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina 2011 Friendly: 4 - 1 (Eagles Thump Argies) by fxtopedia(m): 11:14am On Jun 02, 2011
dabraska:

lwkmd!!!! u pple make me laff alot!! so u believe u actually beat Argentina? dat was a complete joke of d year,  .
70% of the Argies dat played dat day were playn 4 dier national team 4 d 1st tym,  nd u call dat a Senior International match please!!!

2. we were goin 2 b givn d advantage,  considerin d match was goin to b refereed by a Nigerian, linesmen, Nigerian and evrytin lyk dat,

Why are some Nigerians talking like this? If u like talk with Ochocha, Odegbami, Rufai etc,  If the same team defeated Nigeria I am quite sure you will form part of the ridicule team, let us learn to appreciate thing,   grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina 2011 Friendly: 4 - 1 (Eagles Thump Argies) by buffead(f): 11:24am On Jun 02, 2011
SOME NIGERIANS NEED TO LEARN TO SHUT THE Bleep UP!!!!!!!!! G TEAM B TEAM C TEAM WHO FUCKING CARES , IF DIS SOO CALLED B TEAM WERE TO BE DA ONE DAT TRASH US LIKE DIS , UNA GO OPEN MOUTH , SAYING WE COULDNT BEAT ARGENTINA SOO CALLED B TEAM BLAH BLAH BLAH , JUST SHUT UP ND APPRECIATE DA VICTORY , MESSI KO GRACE NI !!! AWON ENEMY OF PROGRESSS OLORIBURUKU JATI JATI REDE REDE ,,,GBO GBO WAN SUN WON KORI SI IBI KANNAangry angry angry angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Messi, Kane, Neymar Nominated For Ballon D'or. / Kidnappers Of Beauty Ogere Siasia Release victim, hold ransom payer captive / World Cup: The Moment Argentina Goalkeeper, Caballero Did A Karius

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.