Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,078 members, 7,814,740 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

BREAKING: Discos Get NERC Approval To Increase Tariff September 1 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Discos Get NERC Approval To Increase Tariff September 1 (1501 Views)

We Will Increase Tariff From July 1 - AEDC Alerts Customers / 3 DisCos Get New Boards, AMCON Take Over IBEDC / DisCos Get NERC Approval To Increase Tariff September 1st (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Discos Get NERC Approval To Increase Tariff September 1 by HenryThegreat1(m): 5:36pm On Aug 28, 2021
The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) has directed the 11 Electricity Distribution Companies (DisCos) to increase their tariff effect from 1st September 2021.

According to a document, The Nation obtained at the weekend, the NERC has given the energy distributors the leverage to charge a service-based tariff in its letter titled “Tariff Increase Notification”.

The Nation learnt from a document titled:”023/EKEDP/GMCLR/0025/2021, dated 25th August 2021, that Eko Electricity Distribution Company (EKEDC), officially informed its customers on the decision of upward tariff adjustment effective from 1st September 2021.

The energy distributor informed its customers that “the increase will be reflected on the energy bill for October 2021, which will represent energy consumption for September 2021.

Informing its metered customers on the development, the company said “for metered customers with internal vending arrangements, we urge you to adjust the rates accordingly to reflect the new tariff increase as released by NERC.”

The Commission’s spokesman, Dr. Usman Arabi, whom The Nation called to confirm the story neither received the call nor replied the text message of inquiry.

Besides, the Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC), General Manager, Corporate Services, Mr. Oyebode Fadipe, did not receive The Nation’s call for inquiry.

He did not respond to the text message as at the time of filing this report.

https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-discos-get-nerc-approval-to-increase-tariff-september-1/
Re: BREAKING: Discos Get NERC Approval To Increase Tariff September 1 by Deltafirstson(m): 5:37pm On Aug 28, 2021
It will never be well with those that still have reasons to support this inhuman and anti masses government of general Buhari.
The receiving end or most affected are small businesses that can not do without electricity.
Apc government keep destroying small scale businesses.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Discos Get NERC Approval To Increase Tariff September 1 by Nwodosis(m): 5:41pm On Aug 28, 2021
It will not affect those that voted for this government.

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Discos Get NERC Approval To Increase Tariff September 1 by HellAnus: 5:44pm On Aug 28, 2021
Very useless, evil, wicked old fools in power. All their children and supporters will die prematurely and vultures will feed on their carcass. The ones that will escape the untimely death, they and their entire generations shall amount to naught.

8 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Discos Get NERC Approval To Increase Tariff September 1 by FarahAideed: 5:46pm On Aug 28, 2021
The energy distributor informed its customers that “the increase will be reflected on the energy bill for October 2021, which will represent energy consumption for September 2021.

Very demonic govt

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Discos Get NERC Approval To Increase Tariff September 1 by FarahAideed: 5:49pm On Aug 28, 2021
HellAnus:
Very useless, evil, wicked old fools in power. All their children and supporters will die prematurely and vultures will feed on their carcass. The ones that will escape the untimely death, they and their entire generations shall amount to naught.
Amen

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Discos Get NERC Approval To Increase Tariff September 1 by Saao(m): 5:54pm On Aug 28, 2021
Well done bubu, you're doing very well. Good thing is that, those government supporters and non government supporters are all paying same bill. God will judge bubu in no distance time, u can't maltreat your citizens and you think God wont avenge for them.

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Discos Get NERC Approval To Increase Tariff September 1 by nairavsdollars(f): 5:55pm On Aug 28, 2021
Buhari has given Nigerians negative change

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Discos Get NERC Approval To Increase Tariff September 1 by after4: 6:07pm On Aug 28, 2021
I thought they increased tarrif this June?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Discos Get NERC Approval To Increase Tariff September 1 by DEXTROVERT: 6:08pm On Aug 28, 2021
When
The
Common
Man
Cannot
Eat
Three
Squad meal

Buhari
Keeps
Punishing
Nigerians
For
Voting
Him

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Discos Get NERC Approval To Increase Tariff September 1 by realstars: 6:12pm On Aug 28, 2021
The Best Useless Leaders Of All The Time.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Discos Get NERC Approval To Increase Tariff September 1 by NwaNimo1(m): 6:14pm On Aug 28, 2021

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Discos Get NERC Approval To Increase Tariff September 1 by Luckydubby7(m): 6:21pm On Aug 28, 2021
Hmm
Na wah oooo
What's Nigerians sins for God to punish us with buhari
Re: BREAKING: Discos Get NERC Approval To Increase Tariff September 1 by Machinegun91(m): 6:36pm On Aug 28, 2021
Increasing tariff rate when we can't boss of 2 hrs light in a day.
Re: BREAKING: Discos Get NERC Approval To Increase Tariff September 1 by Seniorwriter(m): 6:38pm On Aug 28, 2021
SMH
Deep Quote:
Citizens suffer when there is a bad leadership in position of power!

DubaiLandLord:
Is this about needing young leaders? Nigerians are not ready to fight for their right.
Deep Quote:
Choose your battles but make sure to win wars.

WE NEED YOUNG VISIONARY LEADERS COME 2023!

@SENIORWRITER
Re: BREAKING: Discos Get NERC Approval To Increase Tariff September 1 by Nobody: 6:40pm On Aug 28, 2021
You won't see protest for this.

When they are suppose to be protesting against important issues like increase in tax, electricity tarrif and other important things that affects them personally. They will be protesting for gay rights, odua nation and biafra,woman and human rights, fighting kyari and throwing tantrums at each other losing sight of real issues that concern them.

When have the media talk about the cost of increase in vat and other important things? They wont talk about it because the ad sponsors on their site is the electricity companies,the food companies and other companies that gives them revenue.

The media keep pitting each tribe against another while making the masses lose sight of important economic issues affecting Nigeria.

Think again, have you ever seen sowore and others organized a protest against government policies affecting people, no they dont, they only protest on issues that won't make their sponsors be seen as the scape goat.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Discos Get NERC Approval To Increase Tariff September 1 by KoleDgreat2020(m): 6:50pm On Aug 28, 2021
From one level of hardship to a higher level under PMB
Re: BREAKING: Discos Get NERC Approval To Increase Tariff September 1 by moriss33(m): 7:04pm On Aug 28, 2021
Oga u are a humanbeing, stop waiting for sowore to organize protest 4 you.
You can organize it yourself since it affects you too, But you won't always looking for whom to blame 4 ur bad choices.
You voted a inefficient buffoon for president now ur angry at the high electricity tariff ur asked to pay.
I thought u supporters of APC are excluded 4rm paying hight rates for electricity & food items.

thebosstrevor1:
You won't see protest for this.

When they are suppose to be protesting against important issues like increase in tax, electricity tarrif and other important things that affects them personally. They will be protesting for gay rights, odua nation and biafra,woman and human rights, fighting kyari and throwing tantrums at each other losing sight of real issues that concern them.

When have the media talk about the cost of increase in vat and other important things? They wont talk about it because the ad sponsors on their site is the electricity companies,the food companies and other companies that gives them revenue.

The media keep pitting each tribe against another while making the masses lose sight of important economic issues affecting Nigeria.

Think again, have you ever seen sowore and others organized a protest against government policies affecting people, no they dont, they only protest on issues that won't make their sponsors be seen as the scape goat.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Discos Get NERC Approval To Increase Tariff September 1 by Nobody: 7:07pm On Aug 28, 2021
moriss33:
Oga u are a humanbeing, stop waiting for sowore to organize protest 4 you.
You can organize it yourself since it affects you too, But you won't always looking for whom to blame 4 ur bad choices.
You voted a inefficient buffoon for president now ur angry at the high electricity tariff ur asked to pay.
I thought u supporters of APC are excluded 4rm paying hight rates for electricity & food items.

Comprehension is your problem, where did i write that i wanted sowore to protest for me.

Fyi, i don't vote and i don't care whatever leader is elected it is none of my business.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Discos Get NERC Approval To Increase Tariff September 1 by moriss33(m): 7:17pm On Aug 28, 2021
"You won't see protest for this, have you ever seen sowore and others organized a protest against government policies affecting people, no they dont, they only protest on issues that won't make their sponsors be seen as the scape goat."

You can see ur the one with comprehension problem.
This is your quote abi u dey deny am ?
Why can't you organize a protest since sowore is a paid activist like u claimed.
Abi the tariff hike no dey affect you ?
Must sowore & the others do everything for you ?
thebosstrevor1:

Comprehension is your problem, where did i write that i wanted sowore to protest for me.

Fyi, i don't vote and i don't care whatever leader is elected it is none of my business.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Discos Get NERC Approval To Increase Tariff September 1 by Nobody: 7:22pm On Aug 28, 2021
moriss33:
"You won't see protest for this, have you ever seen sowore and others organized a protest against government policies affecting people, no they dont, they only protest on issues that won't make their sponsors be seen as the scape goat."

You can see ur the one with comprehension problem.
This is your quote abi u dey deny am ?
Why can't you organize a protest since sowore is a paid activist like u claimed.
Abi the tariff hike no dey affect you ?
Must sowore & the others do everything for you ?

Do you understand English.

Who are the people organising protest in our society, isnt sowore and co.

Have you seen those organisers protest against important economic issues?

Instead of understanding what i wrote, you are busy asking me to go organize a protest...lol did i tell you i was an organizer of protests

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Discos Get NERC Approval To Increase Tariff September 1 by moriss33(m): 7:35pm On Aug 28, 2021
Mehn seriously u need school...u are here complaining about the tariff & about how we wont see sowore and co organize a protest.
Now am asking you to go out & teach sowore how to be an activist, also organize your own protest but ur here waiting for the same sowore that u love to hate to organize one for you.
No dey shift goal post...English Professor why u never dey teach 4 Harvard or Cambridge.
thebosstrevor1:

Do you understand English.

Who are the people organising protest in our society, isnt sowore and co.

Have you seen those organisers protest against important economic issues?

Instead of understanding what i wrote, you are busy asking me to go organize a protest...lol did i tell you i was an organizer of protests
Re: BREAKING: Discos Get NERC Approval To Increase Tariff September 1 by Nobody: 7:40pm On Aug 28, 2021
moriss33:
Mehn seriously u need school...u are here complaining about the tariff & about how we wont see sowore and co organize a protest.
Now am asking you to go out & teach sowore how to be an activist, also organize your own protest but ur here waiting for the same sowore that u love to hate to organize one for you.
No dey shift goal post...English Professor why u never dey teach 4 Harvard or Cambridge.

Comprehension problem plus confusion is inbred inside you.

Have a good day
Re: BREAKING: Discos Get NERC Approval To Increase Tariff September 1 by SweetiliciousD: 7:54pm On Aug 28, 2021
Change

Next level of poverty
Re: BREAKING: Discos Get NERC Approval To Increase Tariff September 1 by harsysky(m): 8:30pm On Aug 28, 2021
All the youths have got to offer is to come online everyday to bash Naija politics. The politicians are very much aware, and their prayers have always been for the youth to keep it up because voices aren't louder than actions
Re: BREAKING: Discos Get NERC Approval To Increase Tariff September 1 by Omooba77: 8:34pm On Aug 28, 2021
HenryThegreat1:
The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) has directed the 11 Electricity Distribution Companies (DisCos) to increase their tariff effect from 1st September 2021.

According to a document, The Nation obtained at the weekend, the NERC has given the energy distributors the leverage to charge a service-based tariff in its letter titled “Tariff Increase Notification”.

The Nation learnt from a document titled:”023/EKEDP/GMCLR/0025/2021, dated 25th August 2021, that Eko Electricity Distribution Company (EKEDC), officially informed its customers on the decision of upward tariff adjustment effective from 1st September 2021.

Informing its metered customers on the development, the company said “for metered customers with internal vending arrangements, we urge you to adjust the rates accordingly to reflect the new tariff increase as released by NERC.”

The Commission’s spokesman, Dr. Usman Arabi, whom The Nation called to confirm the story neither received the call nor replied the text message of inquiry.

Besides, the Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC), General Manager, Corporate Services, Mr. Oyebode Fadipe, did not receive The Nation’s call for inquiry.

He did not respond to the text message as at the time of filing this report.

https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-discos-get-nerc-approval-to-increase-tariff-september-1/

Buhari means HARDSHIP. Fuel, light, doctors on strike and conditions of living is dropping daily. People will fight back.
Death makes no difference again to many.
Re: BREAKING: Discos Get NERC Approval To Increase Tariff September 1 by otokx(m): 8:36pm On Aug 28, 2021
There has been a noticeable improvement in power supply in my area.
Re: BREAKING: Discos Get NERC Approval To Increase Tariff September 1 by Monogamy: 8:44pm On Aug 28, 2021
If there is going to be improvement in electricity, no big deal about the new tariffs but if not, this is another bullshit
Re: BREAKING: Discos Get NERC Approval To Increase Tariff September 1 by Nobody: 9:29pm On Aug 28, 2021
Is this a joke sad
Re: BREAKING: Discos Get NERC Approval To Increase Tariff September 1 by Nobody: 9:33pm On Aug 28, 2021
Seniorwriter:
SMH
Deep Quote:
Citizens suffer when there is a bad leadership in position of power!

WE NEED YOUNG VISIONARY LEADERS COME 2023!

@SENIORWRITER
Is this about needing young leaders? Nigerians are not ready to fight for their right.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Brazilian Footballer Hulk Announces That His Ex-wife's Niece Is Pregnant For Him / APGA Leading As More Results Pump In / Husband Caught Wife Doing Video Call With Her Secret Lover While Naked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.