Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,594 members, 7,812,943 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:09 PM

I Want To Change Career Path ... I Need Advice - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Want To Change Career Path ... I Need Advice (1079 Views)

Is Consumer Services A Good Career Path (2022) / N-Power: How To Change Your Account Number / Please Advice A Brother On Which Career Path To Follow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Change Career Path ... I Need Advice by emmaobi2(m): 6:13pm On Aug 28, 2021
Good evening nairaland!!
Trust we all had a good day ?
Okay ok
Let me quickly go straight to the reason why I created this thread .

So am currently a student in one of the federal universities of agriculture in Nigeria, studying Agricultural education .
Am in penultimate year in school, although we are currently on holiday and for this reason,I have been thinking critically when bored . My main reason for thinking is that ,

I wanna go into data analysis i.e IT skill, but my fear is that I don't have any background, neither do I know where to start from . Which is my I have come here to seek for advice from professionals in the house .
I have the following questions:

1) can I go into data analysis with a background and first degree in Agric education

2) Will I be able to get jobs without comp sci degree

3) How do I start ?

4) any recommendations for the best IT training school in Nigeria preferably in Lagos

5) How lucrative is data analysis

6) Is there any online training I can get basic s pending when I will be done with uni

Pls I humbly request that you go through this and give your opinion or advice also answers to my questions . I will love to hear from my ogas in d house undecided

I will be grateful if this can hit front page so everyone can contribute ..
Thank you as you help me build my dreams and almighty God bless you all .
. Shalom
Re: I Want To Change Career Path ... I Need Advice by Dahunsipaul(m): 7:04pm On Aug 28, 2021
Well I don’t know jack about data analysis but then, people doing it say they are making it steady so the earlier you start the better to gain experience

1 Like

Re: I Want To Change Career Path ... I Need Advice by speedeinstein(m): 9:47pm On Aug 28, 2021
Data analysis is a Very lucrative career and it doesn't matter what you study in the university as far as you are interested in becoming an analyst.

Here is a link to register for a data analysis free training:
https://entrylevel.page/9sZg
Re: I Want To Change Career Path ... I Need Advice by emmaobi2(m): 11:27pm On Aug 28, 2021
speedeinstein:
Data analysis is a Very lucrative career and it doesn't matter what you study in the university as far as you are interested in becoming an analyst.

Here is a link to register for a data analysis free training:
https://entrylevel.page/9sZg
Thanks sir
Re: I Want To Change Career Path ... I Need Advice by emmaobi2(m): 11:40pm On Aug 28, 2021
More contributions are welcome
Re: I Want To Change Career Path ... I Need Advice by Wawelexy(m): 1:30am On Aug 29, 2021
emmaobi2:
Thanks sir
............ Do not click any link....... E get why.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Change Career Path ... I Need Advice by Richy4(m): 2:42am On Aug 29, 2021
What you have to ask yourself is this.... am I going into this because of the passion I have for data digging or just for employment/ the money...If it was for the passion, you will enjoy it and also get paid well for what you like... if it's just for the money.... it might bore you to death..It's very very boring and gets monotonous... https://medium.com/bigdatarepublic/data-science-is-boring-1756a7be1899

As for job opportunities, u will be needed around the world... Even if u did not travel out of the country, thanks to covid-19, you might land a remote employment( working from home even when the company you were working for is in US , UK or Canada) as data analyst
Re: I Want To Change Career Path ... I Need Advice by talk2hb1(m): 7:51am On Aug 29, 2021
emmaobi2:
Good evening nairaland!!
Trust we all had a good day ?
Okay ok
Let me quickly go straight to the reason why I created this thread .

So am currently a student in one of the federal universities of agriculture in Nigeria, studying Agricultural education .
Am in penultimate year in school, although we are currently on holiday and for this reason,I have been thinking critically when bored . My main reason for thinking is that ,

I wanna go into data analysis i.e IT skill, but my fear is that I don't have any background, neither do I know where to start from . Which is my I have come here to seek for advice from professionals in the house .
I have the following questions:

1) can I go into data analysis with a background and first degree in Agric education

2) Will I be able to get jobs without comp sci degree

3) How do I start ?

4) any recommendations for the best IT training school in Nigeria preferably in Lagos

5) How lucrative is data analysis

6) Is there any online training I can get basic s pending when I will be done with uni

Pls I humbly request that you go through this and give your opinion or advice also answers to my questions . I will love to hear from my ogas in d house undecided

I will be grateful if this can hit front page so everyone can contribute ..
Thank you as you help me build my dreams and almighty God bless you all .
. Shalom
You don't need advice, you need to define yourself
Re: I Want To Change Career Path ... I Need Advice by emmaobi2(m): 3:08pm On Aug 29, 2021
talk2hb1:

You don't need advice, you need to define yourself
Ok thanks
Re: I Want To Change Career Path ... I Need Advice by emmaobi2(m): 3:09pm On Aug 29, 2021
Richy4:
What you have to ask yourself is this.... am I going into this because of the passion I have for data digging or just for employment/ the money...If it was for the passion, you will enjoy it and also get paid well for what you like... if it's just for the money.... it might bore you to death..It's very very boring and gets monotonous... https://medium.com/bigdatarepublic/data-science-is-boring-1756a7be1899

As for job opportunities, u will be needed around the world... Even if u did not travel out of the country, thanks to covid-19, you might land a remote employment( working from home even when the company you were working for is in US , UK or Canada) as data analyst
I understand you .. thanks for your input

(1) (Reply)

Aspire Consulting Kaduna Branch / Please Who Else Has Gotten This? / Front Desk Officer Neded Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.