Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,196 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

How Police Refused To Shoot As Fulani Militias Wiped Plateau Community - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Police Refused To Shoot As Fulani Militias Wiped Plateau Community (2454 Views)

Police Refused To Come As Robbers Attacked, They Have Killed My Husband / Jukun Youths Kill Tiv Militias, Pose With Their Corpses (Graphic Photos) / Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Police Refused To Shoot As Fulani Militias Wiped Plateau Community by Nobody: 1:59am On Aug 29, 2021
On July 22, Mary Bello (not real name) was teaching her private pupils forgiveness in a Bible class when an army of Fulani militia invaded Jebbu-Miango, Plateau State, and razed it in its entirety. The attack — not the first in the town in recent times — would later become the unfortunate spark for a massacre in the Miango community, FIJ can exclusively report.

Between early July and August 14, at least 71 residents of Miango were gruesomely murdered by the assailants, despite the heavy presence of the Nigerian Army, including the Special Task Force of the Operation Safe Haven, officers of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defense Corps (NSCDC), and Mobile Police (MOPOL) officers of the Nigeria Police Force in the volatile community of Bassa Local Government Area.

There are over 15 towns and villages within Miango, including Jebbu-Miango, Nkiehwie, Zahwra, Tafin Gana and others, but as of now, FIJ can confirm that all the inhabitants have been dislodged by these Fulani militias.

“It was even interesting how they started their recent attacks,” Bello said.

“From July 28 to August 2, these militias attacked Jebbu-Miango consistently until the town became under siege. They first started by laying ambush for three or four farmers, then moved on to the destruction of farms.

“On the night of August 2, about 200 of them engulfed Miango. They were so coordinated that while some were shooting, others were looting the houses.

“If you manage to escape the fire, your house cannot escape looting. In fact, some groups will load properties in their trucks and some others will set the houses on fire.”

NO ORDER FOR POLICE TO SHOOT

Bello questioned the presence of securities without the ability to defend the people.

“These MOPOL were also concerned that there was no order for them to engage the Fulani,” she said. “Go and investigate these things I am telling you. No security official had the order to shoot.”

“On July 28 that about 10 houses were razed, the residents had to reach a compromise with the Police. We gathered bullets for them to defend the community since they claimed they could be punished if their own bullets were not complete at the time of auditing before their superiors.”

Similar to what Bello said, FIJ had reported how a 25-year-old Stephen Fwangmun was killed in Farin Gada, the area hosting the largest tomato market in Plateau State, under the watch of officers of Operation Safe Haven, a special military task force in Plateau State.

When FIJ contacted the complaint desk of Operation Safe Haven, the soldier who answered had stated that their soldiers could not engage attackers since the order was not given.

Attackers Mock Soldiers Rescuing Dying Victim in Plateau

‘I FORGIVE THEM’

FIJ also understands that deserted Nkiewhie, also known as Ungwan Rogo, shares a fence with the Nigerian Army Armour 3 Division.

Zahwra, another town just about 500 metres from the same Army barracks, is only inhabited by cattle owned by displaced residents.

“I forgive these Fulani militias but I find it hard to forgive the government because they neglected us in our times of need,” Bello said. “Is it that the lives of the rural people don’t matter? Up till date, the Governor has not visited Miango.”

With over 30,000 community residents displaced between July and August, less-volatile towns in Rukuba Road and Jos, the capital of Plateau State, have become overwhelmed.

31 HUMANS IN ONE HOUSE

Heli Musa, a driver with Evangelical Church Winning All (ECWA), Jos, has been hosting his brother’s family members since the end of July when their house was razed in Miango.

Musa’s brother’s family consists of 23 people, while he says his is “just eight”. All 31 are now staying together in a house at Kpachudu town.

“Feeding has been very critical,” he says. “The responsibility is now on me and my wife who is just a trader.”

INVITATION TO HELL

The attackers gave a warning to the people of Miango after a massive invasion
Many Nigerians took notice of the massacre in Miango after the killing of 22 Muslim travellers on August 14, but findings revealed that the attack had an undertone of pre-existing grievances.

On August 10, Istifanus Gyang, the senator representing Plateau North, visited Miango to access the level of the ruins.

While en route to the palace of the paramount ruler, in the entourage of Ibrahim Ali, the General Officer Commanding of the 3 Division, the militias again struck.

Three women farmers were hacked to death while they were harvesting Irish potatoes on the farm.

“It is believed that when there is a visit like that and the officers are in the entourage, the enemies are alerted and use that opportunity to infiltrate unguarded villages,” Yakubu Nuhu, the Miango Youth Development Association President, explained.

“Before that day, the community had kept three corpses to show the senator, but three more were soon added that day.”

All six would later be buried on August 14.

Six members of Miango community were buried on August 14
Even though Senator Gyang was angry and found an attack during his embarrassing, the situation worsened afterwards.

Plateau Resident Says Over 70 Killed in One Month in Just One Community

On August 15, four boys were kidnapped and are yet to be found. Again on August 17, five people were killed.

On August 19, two more women were killed on the farm.

One may wonder why some of them still return to the farm in the face of insecurity but Bello stated that “most of these people are vegetable farmers and that land is their only heritage”.

Re: How Police Refused To Shoot As Fulani Militias Wiped Plateau Community by Daveambition(m): 2:21am On Aug 29, 2021
Buhari is the most outstanding semi-illiterates of our time~~ Prof. Soyinka

4 Likes

Re: How Police Refused To Shoot As Fulani Militias Wiped Plateau Community by Paragon311(m): 2:47am On Aug 29, 2021
Nigeria insecurity...

SPEECHLESS.

2 Likes

Re: How Police Refused To Shoot As Fulani Militias Wiped Plateau Community by pinkguy(m): 3:26am On Aug 29, 2021
sleep
Re: How Police Refused To Shoot As Fulani Militias Wiped Plateau Community by Crossroad1(m): 3:56am On Aug 29, 2021
This thing security official keep saying that they have no order to shoot or to engage is so annoying

7 Likes

Re: How Police Refused To Shoot As Fulani Militias Wiped Plateau Community by moriss33(m): 4:11am On Aug 29, 2021
Everyday terrible things just keep happening

3 Likes

Re: How Police Refused To Shoot As Fulani Militias Wiped Plateau Community by sotomayor: 4:16am On Aug 29, 2021
No more erigwe in nigeria, what does that even mean?
Re: How Police Refused To Shoot As Fulani Militias Wiped Plateau Community by Sunnybay7: 4:18am On Aug 29, 2021
The mute President will just carry on like nothing happened, it will never be well with his generation.

3 Likes

Re: How Police Refused To Shoot As Fulani Militias Wiped Plateau Community by after4: 4:34am On Aug 29, 2021
It means ethnic cleansing

sotomayor:

6 Likes

Re: How Police Refused To Shoot As Fulani Militias Wiped Plateau Community by respect80(m): 5:02am On Aug 29, 2021
Simon Lalong must be stupendously stewpid.

Something like this will happen and a so called governor of the state won't even bother to pay a condolence visit to the victims.

May he never find rest, may the blood of the innocent victims which he swore to protect but failed continue to fight him...

3 Likes

Re: How Police Refused To Shoot As Fulani Militias Wiped Plateau Community by abouzaid: 5:20am On Aug 29, 2021
The Plateau state governor is the main culplit here, he's more interested in been a good slave to the Fulani cabal at Abuja than to save his people, that's how governor Ortom of Benue state was misbehaving then as an APC governor until the Fulani nearly wiped away his village. Unfortunately, it's now almost too late for the indigenes to seize back their state because the Fulani have gained a strong foothold there. The other known Fulani slaves causing havoc to their people are Governor Uzodimma, Umahi, Osinbajo etc.

1 Like

Re: How Police Refused To Shoot As Fulani Militias Wiped Plateau Community by techWriter1: 6:14am On Aug 29, 2021
It virtue ethnic purging
Re: How Police Refused To Shoot As Fulani Militias Wiped Plateau Community by ipobarethieves: 6:16am On Aug 29, 2021
shocked Allawu offsprings.May God deliver us from terrorists sad. I don't mention anybody name biko.Nobody should chase me with shocked sad sad embarassed?
Re: How Police Refused To Shoot As Fulani Militias Wiped Plateau Community by DropsMic(m): 7:23am On Aug 29, 2021
respect80:

Something like this will happen and a so called governor of the state won't even bother to pay a condolence visit to the victims.

May he never find rest, may the blood of the innocent victims which he swore to protect but failed continue to fight him...

If swears and prayers do work do you think Nigeria will still be as useless as it is today?

1 Like

Re: How Police Refused To Shoot As Fulani Militias Wiped Plateau Community by adecz: 7:25am On Aug 29, 2021
Don't blame Buhari & his Fulani
brothers for their open ( not hidden)
agenda.
❌❌❌
Blame the Plateau governor, politicians
& Christian leaders who keep
quiet as ethnic cleansing is being
visited on their people.
❌❌❌
The Muslims are in charge of all the
security arms of the country & instructions
have been given that they should never
ever shoot at any Fulani, under any
condition, and we all know that the
rank & file must obey their superiors.

❌❌❌
It is now becoming clear why Buhari
only chose Fulani or Kanuri people to
control troops in Nigeria.❌❌❌

☹️☹️☹️

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Police Refused To Shoot As Fulani Militias Wiped Plateau Community by Flamees(m): 7:52am On Aug 29, 2021
adecz:

Don't blame Buhari & his Fulani
brothers for their open ( not hidden)
agenda.
❌❌❌
Blame the Plateau governor, politicians
& Christian leaders who keep
quiet as ethnic cleansing is being
visited on their people.
❌❌❌
The Muslims are in charge of all the
security arms of the country & instructions
have been given that they should never
ever shoot at any Fulani, under any
condition, and we all know that the
rank & file must obey their superiors.

❌❌❌
It is now becoming clear why Buhari
only chose Fulani or Kanuri people to
control troops in Nigeria.❌❌❌

☹️☹️☹️
Seriously speaking you can't do this In Igbo land and Expect them to Wait For Military intervention

Since they don't shoot at Fulanis be Like the Fulanis and attack the Fulanis

Don't be surprised that even Some people that are killed Help Rigged Election to Allow PB to win Elections

1 Like

Re: How Police Refused To Shoot As Fulani Militias Wiped Plateau Community by engrchykae(m): 7:53am On Aug 29, 2021
sotomayor:
it means,the erigwe as a people have been completely wiped out.
Good morning one Nigerians.
Re: How Police Refused To Shoot As Fulani Militias Wiped Plateau Community by Flamees(m): 7:54am On Aug 29, 2021
But sometimes I do wonder
Why God Allows Helpless people to Be butchered without intervening
God please Send down Help

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Police Refused To Shoot As Fulani Militias Wiped Plateau Community by Flamees(m): 7:56am On Aug 29, 2021
This was what happened Before The Biafran war
If not For Nnamdi Azikwe that stupidly said that the Hausa can't survive
We fit dey our own dey Send Nigeria Condolence messages by now
Re: How Police Refused To Shoot As Fulani Militias Wiped Plateau Community by respect80(m): 7:57am On Aug 29, 2021
DropsMic:

If swears and prayers do work do you think Nigeria will still be as useless as it is today?

Hmmm, what more can I say bro?
I don't just know how on earth someone would be as careless as not knowing his responsibility as a governor. There are things that are worth doing even if it's just for the eyes na. Or don't you agree?

1 Like

Re: How Police Refused To Shoot As Fulani Militias Wiped Plateau Community by Ntigha: 8:42am On Aug 29, 2021
Out of jealousy and greediness some set of people got our slowpoke of a leader into power

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Police Refused To Shoot As Fulani Militias Wiped Plateau Community by Crazychris: 9:04am On Aug 29, 2021
But I keep asking, why does Islam causing so much pain to the world.?

Does Allah equally means trouble?
Re: How Police Refused To Shoot As Fulani Militias Wiped Plateau Community by sotomayor: 9:39am On Aug 29, 2021
engrchykae:
it means,the erigwe as a people have been completely wiped out.
Good morning one Nigerians.
so uneducated fool-ani can't actually write?
Re: How Police Refused To Shoot As Fulani Militias Wiped Plateau Community by Nobody: 9:44am On Aug 29, 2021
I can remember, Jos is one of de states dat vote Bubu de highest grin
U cant eat ur cake nd still hav it grin
No pity

2 Likes

Re: How Police Refused To Shoot As Fulani Militias Wiped Plateau Community by engrchykae(m): 10:03am On Aug 29, 2021
sotomayor:
so uneducated fool-ani can't actually write?
what can be more readable and more audible that what the Fulani have been writing and speaking in the north Viz Kaduna,plateau and Benue?
You think they are illiterates?
You are the ignorant one here not the Fulani who are composed and knew what they are doing.
Re: How Police Refused To Shoot As Fulani Militias Wiped Plateau Community by WaffenSS(m): 10:27am On Aug 29, 2021
One-sided reporting.

What about the many fulanis attacked and killed by the irigwes, which often is the catalyst for the reprisals?

Why is news of their murder never reported?

As long as beroms and irigwes insist fulanis will not exist in Plateau, they'll find it hard to exist themselves.
Re: How Police Refused To Shoot As Fulani Militias Wiped Plateau Community by WaffenSS(m): 10:30am On Aug 29, 2021
respect80:

Because he knows irigwes and beroms are troublemakers
Re: How Police Refused To Shoot As Fulani Militias Wiped Plateau Community by Houseofglam7(f): 10:39am On Aug 29, 2021
cry
Re: How Police Refused To Shoot As Fulani Militias Wiped Plateau Community by Depressed101: 10:56am On Aug 29, 2021
sotomayor:
ethno cleansing...
Re: How Police Refused To Shoot As Fulani Militias Wiped Plateau Community by MrBachelor: 11:06am On Aug 29, 2021
What is going on in Plateau state is underreported.

I was at Kanam local government sometime in 2018 on an official assignment. What I saw burnt my heart.

Villages had been renamed and ancestral lands had been occupied by the Fulanis. Most of these villages, which originally had Christianity as their religion, now practiced Islam. The indigenes had changed their names from their indigenous name and bore Fulani names, as well as spoke fulfulde. More or less, their culture, tradition, religion, language, and identity had been erased. A total and complete fulanization and islamization of the village.

I had conversations with some of the indigenes and you can feel the pains and helplessness in their voice. I was told that what happened in their village has happened in other villages.

Don't take my word for it. Pay a visit to Kanam LGA and see for yourself.

1 Like

Re: How Police Refused To Shoot As Fulani Militias Wiped Plateau Community by cactusJack(m): 11:51am On Aug 29, 2021
Flamees:
you can't blame God,he gave us the gift of freewill we are the architects of our own misfortune,humans are evil and its up to is to change if God controls the issues of Man we would be like Robots,it's up to humans to change.

1 Like

Re: How Police Refused To Shoot As Fulani Militias Wiped Plateau Community by FantasyHub: 2:27pm On Aug 29, 2021
Flamees:

U will wait for help till u get tired.

The earlier u get up and defend your ass the better for u, cos god doesn't just give a Bleep.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Beheads His 16yr Old Sister For Dating A Non-muslim / Breaking News!! Diddy Just Got Arrested / Fulani Herdsmen Seen Brandishing Their High Caliber Guns (pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.