Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,205 members, 7,953,761 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:20 AM

Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? (12365 Views)

Christians From Other Denominations Will Bow Before You - Adeboye Prays For RCCG / Can You Cancel Marriage Because Of Church Denominations Difference? / Check Out This New Church Invitation Card (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? by Vinnie2000(m): 12:14pm On Aug 29, 2021
Righteousness2:

Ask GOD in Prayer to Show you where you worship Him indeed. If you make a Honest Prayer, HE will tell you.

Personally, I am a CHOSEN

More Respect Sir!!
Na me dey always Criticize you for NOT Commenting on Sunday Morning Christian topics.. sad cheesy cheesy
But you have done well today!
And has told us your Church, CHOSEN!
Nice one, Sir smiley

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? by MrNipplesLover(m): 12:15pm On Aug 29, 2021
Only God knows all.

Thank you, Almighty Father.

❤❤❤❤

Re: Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? by Vinnie2000(m): 12:21pm On Aug 29, 2021
Angelfrost:
Denominations mean nothing to me... So, I accept all invites.

Once seated and I sense something off, I am out!

Lolsss, the Football man.. cheesy
But really
Catholics, J.Witness, Winners, Celestial, etc must have@Least one Thing you will Disagree with..

So Denomination will mean something to you o..
Imagine going to a Church, Dem give una Cane to Flog stray demons.. cheesy grin
Re: Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? by Angelfrost(m): 12:24pm On Aug 29, 2021
Vinnie2000:

Lolsss, the Football man.. cheesy
But really
Catholics, J.Witness, Winners, Celestial, etc must have@Least one Thing you will Disagree with..

So Denomination will mean something to you o..
Imagine going to a Church, Dem give una Cane to Flog stray demons.. cheesy grin

Boss, that's why I said if I see something weird or off, I share grace and japa!!! Flog kini??!

Just preach the word, collect my "100 Naira", and release me... No long thing! Save the drama! cool

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? by dingbang(m): 12:30pm On Aug 29, 2021
Maka why?

They should come to my church first.
Re: Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? by Polynek(m): 12:32pm On Aug 29, 2021
Once they are sharing dox flyers and one of Dem meet me, I gently tell d gentle man or a girl to save ur flyer and give pple dat ll come bcox I won't come,
wen they try to advertise there church, I simply walk away gently, as a Catholic I don't invite pple in my church and I don't go to other Church's, unless is a very close friend or relatives invite me to maybe child dedication or wedding, apart from Dix two tinx, count me out, even I don't even go to my own church every Sunday.
Christianity is not all about attending d whole activities in ur church, to me is all about maintaining a good relationship with human beings (LOVE)

5 Likes

Re: Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? by cutedharmee: 12:40pm On Aug 29, 2021
Of what importance is this post
Re: Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? by OJURONGBE1(m): 12:48pm On Aug 29, 2021
Righteousness2:
It is not really about Honoring an invitation to Church. It is about Going to where GOD is.

There are so many Churches/ religious Centers but only few Put out the Raw Undiluted Word of GOD that will refine and remold you to what will pleases GOD.

Many have become Entertainment, Motivational and Show centers where people come to show themselves in terms of Vanities and things that Have nothing to do for the safety of your soul.

In these Endtimes,You need the Spirit of Discernment to know if you should go for an invite or not. Because not every place that is called Church is a Church. There are places you go to and something else is transferred on you.

Lastly, if you are attending a Church and you are comfortable in Your sin of Fornication, Adultery abortion, gambling, Prostitution, Yahoo yahoo, Fraud or evil of any kind, for the sake of your soul, no matter the Postion or Honor you get there, you need to Change your Church Immediately.

Point me to a bible verse that broached this topic as sinful.

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? by Righteousness2(m): 12:56pm On Aug 29, 2021
OJURONGBE1:

Point me to a bible verse that broached this topic as sinful.
1John5:17 - All Unrighteousness is Sin.
Gambling does not in anyway give God Glory except we wanna Deceive ourselves.
Gambling Draines you Spiritually and Physically.
Ask GOD in Prayer to show you the Spirit behind Gambling.

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? by Eviana(f): 1:08pm On Aug 29, 2021
Righteousnes2:
It is not really about Honoring an invitation to Church. It is about Going to where GOD is.

There are so many Churches/ religious Centers but only few Put out the Raw Undiluted Word of GOD that will refine and remold you to what will pleases GOD.

Many have become Entertainment, Motivational and Show centers where people come to show themselves in terms of Vanities and things that Have nothing to do for the safety/security of your soul.

In these Endtimes,You need the Spirit of Discernment to know if you should go for an invite or not. Because not every place that is called Church is a Church. There are places you go to and something else is transferred on you.

Lastly, if you are attending a Church and you are comfortable in Your sin of Fornication, Adultery abortion, gambling, Prostitution, Yahoo yahoo, Fraud or evil of any kind, for the sake of your soul, no matter the Postion or Honor you get there, you need to Change your Church Immediately.

Well written post.
Completely agree....100 percent.....with the bolded.

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? by Myer(m): 1:13pm On Aug 29, 2021
Righteousness2:

Many have become Entertainment, Motivational and Show centers where people come to show themselves in terms of Vanities and things that Have nothing to do for the safety/security of your soul.

What Jesus has to say about this.

Our fathers worshiped on this mountain, but you say that in Jerusalem is the place where people ought to worship.”
21 Jesus said to her,  "Woman, believe me, wthe hour is coming when neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem will you worship the Father.
22You worship what you do not know; we worship what we know, for salvation is from the Jews. 
23 But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such people to worship him.
Re: Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? by stanley000: 1:17pm On Aug 29, 2021
let me be your architect

Re: Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Aug 29, 2021
Righteousness2:

I won't be surprised if you're a deeper life or Lord's chosen member. This is what they tell their members. Las Las, I jump and pass lipsrsealed
Re: Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? by ransomed: 1:40pm On Aug 29, 2021
Yes. John 10: 16.
Re: Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Aug 29, 2021
BRATISLAVA:
Church isn't important. It's a place full of evil men masquerading as pastors, and their deficient members who run it like they run the Nigeria civil service.

You are the temple and the church is within you. Don't waste your time with liars and hypocrites on the pulpit.
Church is very important. Because even though believers are God's temple, all over the scriptures, there were places God chose to put His name in.
Places like Bethel, Solomons Temple etc.
Iron sharpens iron. And just because there are fakes, points to the fact that there are genuine worshippers. Because there'd be no fakes without an original.
Well, true believers don't forsake the gathering of the brethren. Because when we gather, it is to edify one another. I hope you get? grin

3 Likes

Re: Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? by OJURONGBE1(m): 1:43pm On Aug 29, 2021
Righteousness2:

1John5:17 - All Unrighteousness is Sin.
Gambling does not in anyway give God Glory except we wanna Deceive ourselves.
Gambling Draines you Spiritually and Physically.
Ask GOD in Prayer to show you the Spirit behind Gambling.

I don't agree with you.
There are some levels of gambling that i don't support because they bet heavily but turning my passion of football into winning with betgames is not unrighteousness. I do this once in a while with few thousands, sometime i win, sometime i get unlucky, but its not something i do often cos i have other things that occupies my mind.
People bet on live games. I feel its more of a social construct.
The bible didn't specifically state it , so don't come here and act like a high priest moral authority without a sin.
I appreciate religious disciplines but Jesus Christ did not create me to live a sad life. When he was alive , he mingled with sinners, attend parties, tell people to repent of their evil & treacherous ways and look after poor people. That is what you should be preaching. Ask people to bear fruit of the spirit not monitor their lives like a Cargo shipment.
If we are to go by your judgement, then we should not intercrop as it was instructed in Deuteronomy 22:9, women should not stand on the pulpit to preach 1Cor 14. What are your argument against that?
Re: Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? by BRATISLAVA: 1:57pm On Aug 29, 2021
Lollittaa:

Church is very important. Because even though believers are God's temple, all over the scriptures, there were places God chose to put His name in.
Places like Bethel, Solomons Temple etc.
Iron sharpens iron. And just because there are fakes, points to the fact that there are genuine worshippers. Because there'd be no fakes without an original.
Well, true believers don't forsake the gathering of the brethren. Because when we gather, it is to edify one another. I hope you get? grin

I still don't subscribe to listening to any fraud/sexual molester/hypocrite from the pulpit. It's even the ones who look more original that are the worst.

But that aside, did you attend church today? smiley

2 Likes

Re: Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? by Teerach: 2:04pm On Aug 29, 2021
descarado:

Preach!

The is the genesis of the problems in Nigeria.

No act of true kindness from parents to kids, kids to parents and then the society at large cos you expect a reward for a small help rendered to others.
I see it everyday from the so called believers of all religion. It's a conditional relationship they share with God because they feel God shares same condition with them. But trust me, God isn't a conditional being. Not what the bible and Koran paints him to be. God is nature. Nature is sympathetic. Nature is love. I've met real people on earth. Selfless people. These are people who aren't religious. They just understand the laws of nature and go with it. Cos the law of nature is more powerful than any book.
Even in our day to day relationship. A person attached condition to whatever good they do for you and in return you do the same. Where you can easily love without expecting in return.
It is well.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? by ShedrachU(m): 2:07pm On Aug 29, 2021
I've visited almost all the whole denominations that existed
Re: Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? by Falconx47: 2:32pm On Aug 29, 2021
ikorodureporta:
Those days it was easy to sway some of us to other churches. Just by street invite, the next Sunday we're there!

I don't think anyone can get me to their church again. Especially those new churches

Hopefully you're not out there trying to sway people to come to your own church? undecided
Re: Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? by CanadaCars(m): 2:53pm On Aug 29, 2021
Righteousness2:

Absolutely correct, totally agree with you.[i][/i]
Re: Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? by berbs: 3:24pm On Aug 29, 2021
Do they share money there or they will still collect tithe and offering from me
Re: Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? by Bukden16(m): 3:53pm On Aug 29, 2021
Do I really have one?
I really love it, minding my own business

Re: Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? by qsmusty(m): 4:47pm On Aug 29, 2021
Get complete BOQ for your building at affordable price call or WhatsApp 09077201879
Re: Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? by Sunisonflex39(m): 4:50pm On Aug 29, 2021
Lollittaa:

I won't be surprised if you're a deeper life or Lord's chosen member. This is what they tell their members. Las Las, I jump and pass lipsrsealed

He is chosen member.. He himself said it in one of his comments above..
Re: Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? by HoneySwag(f): 4:58pm On Aug 29, 2021
supportnija:

My brother who do you this thing?

This time he made sense in his comment
Re: Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? by Victerica(m): 5:44pm On Aug 29, 2021
MALIGNANTGuest:
This is one of our PROBLEMS.
When GOD sent us to this world, he never gave us a CHURCH nor RELIGION. We were born without Language, Religion and cloths to Parents, who will now decide our fate for the rest of our lives.

GOD is neither a Christian nor Muslim.
He's just supreme.
Religion is a way through which one chooses to reverence God.
But in Nigeria the case is different.
They threaten you in Islam with Jihad.
They threaten you in Christianity with the wrath of God if you choose not to align with their teachings.
The cause of all these is that PEOPLE have allowed others to think for them.

Is lesbianism bad?

If yes, why is it bad?
Re: Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? by Emma1Oj(m): 9:14pm On Aug 29, 2021
DropsMic:
Na mostly hypocrites dey go church

Meanwhile from experience i've found out that those who don't go to church and those who do but are not the typical hook line and sinker Christians are very honest people. But you see those ones who sleep in the church, those ones who won't hesitate to tell you how good of a Christian they are, those who talk about God alot and pastors generally - when dealing with them always keep your guards up.

Do with this information what you will
U r 101% right. Those pple wey carry bible for head acting like God P.A. be careful with them and don't trust them.

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? by chiefLopes(m): 8:14am On Aug 30, 2021
No be to invite me come your church...
If I invite u to my own church, u go free come...?
Re: Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? by IzzyAgu: 7:19pm On Aug 30, 2021
angryAs an AG member (Assemblies of God Church) I can attend to any other Pentecostal church if invited but can never risk it to an authodux church

Reason be that my Church , AG is the Father of Pentecostal ⛪

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Incubus And Succubus – Sex Demons Of The Night / Which Psalm Works For You As A Christian? / Why Is There Something Rather than Nothing.... Let's Talk Philosophical

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.