Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,397 members, 7,812,165 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:20 AM

Why Is There Hardly Any Woman Like Kathryn Kulman These Days? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is There Hardly Any Woman Like Kathryn Kulman These Days? (2037 Views)

The Remarkable Story Of Kathryn Kuhlman's Transition To Glory / Why Are Those Great Biblical Miracles Not Happening These Days? / Biography Of Kathryn Kuhlman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is There Hardly Any Woman Like Kathryn Kulman These Days? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:34am On Aug 29, 2021
Why Is There Hardly Any Woman Like Kathryn Kulman These Days?

A friend of mine put this question to me sometime ago, while we were watching a woman I had much respect for ministering on cable TV.

I had said several nice things about her, as I thought she was bringing something different from what we were used to with women ministers, but he seemed unimpressed and put that question to me.

The question was priceless one which made so much sense, that I had to give the person who asked some credit for asking such a question. It was indeed a puzzle that needed unraveling because Kathryn Kulman was truly one of a kind. Although I hadn't ever seen her picture, watched any clips of her ministrations or even read any of her material prior to that, i'd heard so much about her. It was even much later i found out the way her name was really spelt, because the way people who spoke about her usually pronounced her name, i thought it was something else, until I saw where it was written somewhere.

One of them, a close relative of mine who had spoken much about how Benny Hinn kept speaking about Kathryn Kulman, and Benny Hinn was arguably the most anointed in this generation when it came showcasing the mighty works of God or miracles. So for pretty much the most respected or influential man in the church circle to speak so effusively of a woman spoke volumes about her.

Despite being a woman she was at the top bracket of most respected and anointed persons in the Christendom in living history. Even men got used to speaking about her as though she was a man, because the extent to which God used her appeared to break the gender barrier of people's consciousness. I can't even think of any man God used during that period to do more exploits for His glory than her.

Hence the question, why is there hardly any woman like her these days?

At the time I had already began to walk at level of the Spirit, so I had an idea of what it takes to walk at that level, and perhaps was able to give a reasonable response to that question. However whatever my response was, it wasn't as good as that which God latter gave me with a personal experience.

At a point in my walk with God, I was very frustrated because the first ever person to accept the Words of Jesus which i represent, as her own word on the basis of my preaching it, who was the closest person to me spiritually speaking at the time, was going through a whole lot. I was really, really saddened by it because I had been through a whole lot myself because of my own decision to walk at the level of Spirit, but I was a man. She was a woman, so i thought things were going to be different with her.

I was really concerned about her to the point that it weighed me down, because I felt responsible for her as someone whose decision to also give God her all and walk at the level of the Spirit, was inspired by my own spiritual life. So i wasn't really happy, but there was something God did that made me understand and better appreciate what was going on.

While i was yet lamenting, God showed me in quick succession, back to back, the biographies of two women. The first was Kathryn Kulman followed by Gladys Aylward.

Now most in the Church know the extent of what God used Kathryn Kulman to do, so there's no need for me to speak much about that.

However the other woman, Gladys Aylward, just like many others, I was getting to know for the first time. But as spiritually crazy as I already was at the time, as shown by some my own stories I've shared here, like that of my fasting experience in a wilderness, her own story completely blew me away at the time. Hers was on another level.

The woman who was very petit in stature that she would have to climb up a chair to address many men who would be upstanding and attentively listening to her speaking for hours upon hours without even realizing that time was far spent.

She was a British woman that God used to evangelize China. After getting there, she rose to a position of influence that during their war with Japan, Japan used helicopters to send fliers with her picture on it depicted as a wanted woman. A movie was eventually made of her on the big screen in Hollywood.

So God also used her to a pulsating degree that men could hardly boast of just as Kathryn Kulman, but there was a reason I was being shown all these by God, and that I would share in the next post.

1 Like

Re: Why Is There Hardly Any Woman Like Kathryn Kulman These Days? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:35am On Aug 29, 2021
Now I already knew about what God used Kathryn Kulman to do beforehand, which made her name to be deservedly mentioned alongside the most anointed men in living history, but what I didn't know was what she had to go through for God to be able to use her to that degree. On the other I was just getting to know Gladys Aylward, whose story made me lose my breath, for the first time.

Even up til now I'm still feeling goose pimples from her story, despite that this took place over ten years ago. I was like what? A woman?

So the purpose God showed their biographies was to let me know the magnitude of what they had to go through before He could do so much great works with them.

So after watching everything, i was totally humbled because the lady I was lamenting and worried about had not been through half or even quarter of what they went through themselves, at the time. And I was expecting God to use her to the same degree, but it seems God wanted me to know that she couldn't be used to that same degree without going through similar process.

It was after that, I asked God for forgiveness, and told Him that i was going to now leave her in His hands to do whatever He desires because she was better in His hands than mine, and i trust He knew what He was doing.

So that's how I came to have a better understanding of why there are hardly any Kathryn Kulmans these days. It's the price. Not many women were willing to pay the price to become used to God to that degree. They just want the anointing but don't want to go through the fire.

I thank God though that there's at least someone who's been through the fire and paid the price, even the person I was talking about, who is a Kathryn Kulman and Gladys Aylward in the making. But i know she's not the only one, because God is raising several Kathryn Kulmans for His final move in these last days.

The reason there are going to be several Kathryn Kulmans in this generation, is because they have paid the price.

God bless.

1 Like

Re: Why Is There Hardly Any Woman Like Kathryn Kulman These Days? by Sirmuel1(m): 7:46am On Aug 29, 2021
Kathryn Kulman; I respect her so much.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is There Hardly Any Woman Like Kathryn Kulman These Days? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:56am On Aug 29, 2021
Sirmuel1:
Kathryn Kulman; I respect her so much.
Me too.
Re: Why Is There Hardly Any Woman Like Kathryn Kulman These Days? by obonujoker(m): 10:46am On Aug 29, 2021
Why didn't she tie her head like SU, how sure are we she is of God or made heaven , since she didn't tie her head and she clearly used relaxers on her hair while preaching?

1 Like

Re: Why Is There Hardly Any Woman Like Kathryn Kulman These Days? by LordReed(m): 10:55am On Aug 29, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Why Is There Hardly Any Woman Like Kathryn Kulman These Days?

A friend of mine put this question to me sometime ago, while we were watching a woman I had much respect for ministering on cable TV.

I had said several nice things about her, as I thought she was bringing something different from what we were used to with women ministers, but he seemed unimpressed and put that question to me.

The question was priceless one which made so much sense, that I had to give the person who asked some credit for asking such a question. It was indeed a puzzle that needed unraveling because Kathryn Kulman was truly one of a kind. Although I hadn't ever seen her picture, watched any clips of her ministrations or even read any of her material prior to that, i'd heard so much about her. It was even much later i found out the way her name was really spelt, because the way people who spoke about her usually pronounced her name, i thought it was something else, until I saw where it was written somewhere.

One of them, a close relative of mine who had spoken much about how Benny Hinn kept speaking about Kathryn Kulman, and Benny Hinn was arguably the most anointed in this generation when it came showcasing the mighty works of God or miracles. So for pretty much the most respected or influential man in the church circle to speak so effusively of a woman spoke volumes about her.

Despite being a woman she was at the top bracket of most respected and anointed persons in the Christendom in living history. Even men got used to speaking about her as though she was a man, because the extent to which God used her appeared to break the gender barrier of people's consciousness. I can't even think of any man God used during that period to do more exploits for His glory than her.

Hence the question, why is there hardly any woman like her these days?

At the time I had already began to walk at level of the Spirit, so I had an idea of what it takes to walk at that level, and perhaps was able to give a reasonable response to that question. However whatever my response was, it wasn't as good as that which God latter gave me with a personal experience.

At a point in my walk with God, I was very frustrated because the first ever person to accept the Words of Jesus which i represent, as her own word on the basis of my preaching it, who was the closest person to me spiritually speaking at the time, was going through a whole lot. I was really, really saddened by it because I had been through a whole lot myself because of my own decision to walk at the level of Spirit, but I was a man. She was a woman, so i thought things were going to be different with her.

I was really concerned about her to the point that it weighed me down, because I felt responsible for her as someone whose decision to also give God her all and walk at the level of the Spirit, was inspired by my own spiritual life. So i wasn't really happy, but there was something God did that made me understand and better appreciate what was going on.

While i was yet lamenting, God showed me in quick succession, back to back, the biographies of two women. The first was Kathryn Kulman followed by Gladys Aylward.

Now most in the Church know the extent of what God used Kathryn Kulman to do, so there's no need for me to speak much about that.

However the other woman, Gladys Aylward, just like many others, I was getting to know for the first time. But as spiritually crazy as I already was at the time, as shown by some my own stories I've shared here, like that of my fasting experience in a wilderness, her own story completely blew me away at the time. Hers was on another level.

The woman who was very petit in stature that she would have to climb up a chair to address many men who would be upstanding and attentively listening to her speaking for hours upon hours without even realizing that time was far spent.

She was a British woman that God used to evangelize China. After getting there, she rose to a position of influence that during their war with Japan, Japan used helicopters to send fliers with her picture on it depicted as a wanted woman. A movie was eventually made of her on the big screen in Hollywood.

So God also used her to a pulsating degree that men could hardly boast of just as Kathryn Kulman, but there was a reason I was being shown all these by God, and that I would share in the next post.

LoLz. The same Kathryn Kulman that died during open heart surgery?

2 Likes

Re: Why Is There Hardly Any Woman Like Kathryn Kulman These Days? by Belafonte(m): 1:25pm On Aug 29, 2021
LordReed:

LoLz. The same Kathryn Kulman that died during open heart surgery?

Lol. Humans don't die? Never knew Kathryn Kulman was the fourth member of the trinity. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is There Hardly Any Woman Like Kathryn Kulman These Days? by LordReed(m): 1:44pm On Aug 29, 2021
Belafonte:

Lol. Humans don't die? Never knew Kathryn Kulman was the fourth member of the trinity. grin

She had a heart condition for years that her healing magic did not cure and eventually needed surgery during which she died.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is There Hardly Any Woman Like Kathryn Kulman These Days? by Belafonte(m): 1:50pm On Aug 29, 2021
LordReed:

She had a heart condition for years that her healing magic did not cure and eventually needed surgery during which she died.

And? What exactly is your point? Was she the one doing the miracles or God through her.

By the way, this is Apostle Paul speaking below:

The things God showed me were so great. But to keep me from being too full of pride because of seeing these things, I have been given trouble in my body. It was sent from Satan to hurt me. It keeps me from being proud. I asked the Lord three times to take it away from me.He answered me, “I am all you need. I give you My loving-favor. My power works best in weak people.” I am happy to be weak and have troubles so I can have Christ’s power in me
2 Corinthians 12:7-9

5 Likes

Re: Why Is There Hardly Any Woman Like Kathryn Kulman These Days? by LordReed(m): 3:11pm On Aug 29, 2021
Belafonte:

And? What exactly is your point? Was she the one doing the miracles or God through her.

By the way, this is Apostle Paul speaking below:

2 Corinthians 12:7-9

Yeah so why do preachers emphasis how there god makes sure they don't lack anything including health? So in Kathryn's case god decided that Kathryn would not have good health? That she would die under a doctor's knife? How wicked is this your god?

1 Like

Re: Why Is There Hardly Any Woman Like Kathryn Kulman These Days? by inumidun2010(m): 5:07pm On Aug 29, 2021
It's kinda FUNNY,
If KATHRYN KUHLMAN was a NIGERIAN, most DENOMINATIONS and I dare MENTION THEM ( Deeper life, RCCG, CAC ) would have TERMED HER AS using MARINE POWERS because she DOESNT WEAR HEADGEARS and HATS...
There are LOADS of WOMEN who are GOD'S GENERAL in NIGERIA, DENOMINATIONALISM wouldn't allow YOU RECOGNIZE THEM....
As for the HEALTH CHALLENGES, it's not new, PAUL had his OWN, Timothy has HEALTH CHALLENGE, BENNY HINN was HOSPITALISED some YEARS AGO.. I just laugh at some MEMBERS who dont know that TOP PASTORS have MEDICAL TEAM attending to them.. A PASTOR I won't MENTION SLUMPED DURING MINISTRATION ..
If you like dont take care of yourself.
The BIBLE TALKED about ELI at OLD AGE who became very FAT and DIED when he HEARD that THE ARK OF COVENANT has been CAPTURED.. Why won't he become FAT when what he EATS as a PRIEST is MEAT( The Portion meant for PRIESTS )

2 Likes

Re: Why Is There Hardly Any Woman Like Kathryn Kulman These Days? by Belafonte(m): 5:15pm On Aug 29, 2021
LordReed:

Yeah so why do preachers emphasis how there god makes sure they don't lack anything including health? So in Kathryn's case god decided that Kathryn would not have good health? That she would die under a doctor's knife? How wicked is this your god?

You will find the answer to this question if you meditate on the bible verse I dropped.

Today's preachers are saying nothing different from what Paul said during his time. Yes, God people to live a good life: read, healthy and self-sufficient amongst other things; yet, God also put a control in Paul's life to stop him from being arrogant. Perhaps, you can ask God why He didn't heal Kathryn Kulman. I believe I've done my best in answering your question: assuming you're arguing in good faith, of course smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Is There Hardly Any Woman Like Kathryn Kulman These Days? by LordReed(m): 5:26pm On Aug 29, 2021
Belafonte:

You will find the answer to this question if you meditate on the bible verse I dropped.

Today's preachers are saying nothing different from what Paul said during his time. Yes, God people to live a good life: read, healthy and self-sufficient amongst other things; yet, God also put a control in Paul's life to stop him from being arrogant. Perhaps, you can ask God why He didn't heal Kathryn Kulman. I believe I've done my best in answering your question: assuming you're arguing in good faith, of course smiley

Well it does sound like bullcrap to say your god didn't want to heal Kathryn and wanted her instead to undergo a medical procedure that would end her life. My conclusion is Kathryn didn't have any god gifted healing powers, she was just like the rest of the TV preachers, a brilliant showman.

1 Like

Re: Why Is There Hardly Any Woman Like Kathryn Kulman These Days? by Belafonte(m): 5:34pm On Aug 29, 2021
LordReed:

Well it does sound like bullcrap to say your god didn't want to heal Kathryn and wanted her instead to undergo a medical procedure that would end her life. My conclusion is Kathryn didn't have any god gifted healing powers, she was just like the rest of the TV preachers, a brilliant showman.

of course

1 Like

Re: Why Is There Hardly Any Woman Like Kathryn Kulman These Days? by MightySparrow: 7:02pm On Aug 29, 2021
Kathryn Kulman was just like any other woman the only difference is her dedication. I learned she used to have a prayer room where she prayed. In the room was a door at the bottom of the door leading to the room where food was passed to her and empty plates were evacuated.

She also had word fasting. This means she would go for some days talking to no one but God alone.

Her level of discipline was too high than what women of now can cope with.
The memory of the righteous is blessed.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is There Hardly Any Woman Like Kathryn Kulman These Days? by Truvelisback(m): 9:10pm On Aug 29, 2021
She paid the price Many couldn't pay or aren't ready to pay. The price isn't cheap. Performing of healings, Miracles, Signs and wonders aren't cheap.

1 Like

Re: Why Is There Hardly Any Woman Like Kathryn Kulman These Days? by BennyDGreat: 9:47pm On Aug 29, 2021
Truvelisback:
She paid the price Many couldn't pay or aren't ready to pay. The price isn't cheap. Performing of healings, Miracles, Signs and wonders aren't cheap.

Apt
Re: Why Is There Hardly Any Woman Like Kathryn Kulman These Days? by Kobojunkie: 9:56pm On Aug 29, 2021
Truvelisback:
Where Jesus Christ is concerned....
21 “Not everyone who calls me Lord will enter God’s kingdom. The only people who will enter are those who do what my Father in heaven wants.
22 On that last Day many will call me Lord. They will say, ‘Lord, Lord, by the power of your name we spoke for God. And by your name we forced out demons and did many miracles.’
23 Then I will tell those people clearly, ‘Get away from me, you people who do wrong. I never knew you.’ - Matthew 7 vs 21 - 23
....never judge a one by the miracles and signs he or she performs. Instead, Jesus Christ taught us that by their fruits, we shall know those who belong to Him and those who do not. undecided
Re: Why Is There Hardly Any Woman Like Kathryn Kulman These Days? by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:30pm On Aug 29, 2021
obonujoker:
Why didn't she tie her head like SU, how sure are we she is of God or made heaven , since she didn't tie her head and she clearly used relaxers on her hair while preaching?
I'm shocked this could come from you. I expected you to know better than using the outward appearance to judge if someone was of God or made heaven, when you ought to know that God doesn't judge someone on the basis of their outward appearance. It's man that does that.
Re: Why Is There Hardly Any Woman Like Kathryn Kulman These Days? by Truvelisback(m): 11:27pm On Aug 29, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Where Jesus Christ is concerned....
....never judge a one by the miracles and signs he or she performs. Instead, Jesus Christ taught us that by their fruits, we shall know those who belong to Him and those who do not. undecided
Did she av any bad fruit?
Re: Why Is There Hardly Any Woman Like Kathryn Kulman These Days? by Kobojunkie: 11:32pm On Aug 29, 2021
Truvelisback:
Did she av any bad fruit?
I believe this women did have bad fruits, particularly those typical of the average Mog even today. undecided
Re: Why Is There Hardly Any Woman Like Kathryn Kulman These Days? by Truvelisback(m): 11:36pm On Aug 29, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I believe this women did have bad fruits, particularly those typical of the average Mog even today. undecided
How did u know?
Re: Why Is There Hardly Any Woman Like Kathryn Kulman These Days? by Kobojunkie: 11:43pm On Aug 29, 2021
Truvelisback:
How did u know?
You can read up on her online and listen to recordings of her as well. undecided

The more you know the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, the Truth of God, the easier it is to examine the fruits of those who come to you in His name - judging them of course by His Law - righteous judgment. undecided
Re: Why Is There Hardly Any Woman Like Kathryn Kulman These Days? by aperture11: 12:28am On Aug 30, 2021
Yes, she was a divorcee, yes she died under the knife, but God is the giver of gifts. He doesn't look for perfect vessels, he perfects his vessels.

Elisha died but years later his bone was still healing people.

Kathryn Kuhrmans fruits abound in the number of lives she touched that are now touching others.

1 Like

Re: Why Is There Hardly Any Woman Like Kathryn Kulman These Days? by KnownUnknown: 12:40am On Aug 30, 2021
Hey bastardjnr2020, do you think Kathryn Kulman would have fared better?

https://www.nairaland.com/6550415/tell-bring-mad-brothers-here/3#down
Re: Why Is There Hardly Any Woman Like Kathryn Kulman These Days? by obonujoker(m): 12:55am On Aug 30, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
I'm shocked this could come from you. I expected you to know better than using the outward appearance to judge if someone was of God or made heaven, when you ought to know that God doesn't judge someone on the basis of their outward appearance. It's man that does that.

I was being sarcastic Bro
Re: Why Is There Hardly Any Woman Like Kathryn Kulman These Days? by Kobojunkie: 12:57am On Aug 30, 2021
aperture11:
Yes, she was a divorcee, yes she died under the knife, but God is the giver of gifts. He doesn't look for perfect vessels, he perfects his vessels.

1. Elisha died but years later his bone was still healing people.

2. Kathryn Kuhrmans fruits abound in the number of lives she touched that are now touching others.
1. The Catholics make similar claims of the bones of their saints to date lipsrsealed

2. The fruits Jesus Christ asked us to examine are again not borne of signs and wonders and lives impacted - but fruits borne of submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ. undecided

In Matthew 7 vs 21 - 23, Jesus Christ warned of how the false teachers and prophets themselves would assert that in His name, they touched many lives(of course those lives too will touch others) but He, Jesus Christ, will say to them, ‘Get away from me, you people who do wrong. I never knew you.’ - Matthew 7 vs 21 - 23 undecided

It is easy to get carried away by that which matters for nothing, even after Jesus Christ made clear to us that what counts as far as the Kingdom of God is concerned is Obedience and Obedience alone... undecided
Re: Why Is There Hardly Any Woman Like Kathryn Kulman These Days? by LordReed(m): 9:01am On Aug 30, 2021
aperture11:

Elisha died but years later his bone was still healing people.

Kathryn Kuhrmans fruits abound in the number of lives she touched that are now touching others.

Inspired by her to also become TV preachers that never step into a hospital to heal the sick. There are specialist hospitals for children sick with cancer, Benny Hinn has never visited one to heal even 1 child.

1 Like

Re: Why Is There Hardly Any Woman Like Kathryn Kulman These Days? by jesusjnr2020(m): 5:42pm On Aug 30, 2021
Truvelisback:
I couldn't have said it any better.

I don't know how the bolded word eluded me while i was making the Op, because she even mentioned that in the biography God showed to me, and that would have been perfect word to use for this purpose.

I would still try and find a way to incorporate it into the Op because it would be more suitable.

Thanks for sharing.

God bless.

1 Like

Re: Why Is There Hardly Any Woman Like Kathryn Kulman These Days? by Ayo081(m): 11:01am On Aug 31, 2021

1 Like

Re: Why Is There Hardly Any Woman Like Kathryn Kulman These Days? by Kobojunkie: 3:31pm On Aug 31, 2021
Ayo081:
Reminds me of Julio Cesar Ruibal that God used for a great revival in Bolivia.

God use Kathryn K to bring Julio to repentance.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www1.cbn.com/churchandministry/the-marks-of-genuine-revival&ved=2ahUKEwjmhN_VgNvyAhWlRUEAHRVmAT0QFnoECAgQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3liU0RYKZDMXpWXSeYLUlU

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/1996/february5/6t2099.html&ved=2ahUKEwilopnQ_tryAhUHhVwKHRMWC5gQFnoECAYQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0DaPSKM9IunMh5H5UW38uS
God also used the Catholic Church(including its many immoral popes) and its many popes to bring His Word to you and the rest of the world so you ought also to be singing praises of the popes as well. grin

God uses even the devil do achieve His Will, that is nko reason to then go out worshipping all that was used by God as that is no criteria for sainthood or something. God never asked anyone to trust in the tools He uses in accomplishing His Will on earth. He has only ever asked you the trust in Him and only Him alone - Jeremiah 17 vs 5 - 11 . undecided
Re: Why Is There Hardly Any Woman Like Kathryn Kulman These Days? by Ayo081(m): 3:38pm On Aug 31, 2021
Kobojunkie:
God also used the Catholic Church(including its many immoral popes) and its many popes to bring His Word to you and the rest of the world so you ought also to be singing praises of the popes as well. grin

God uses even the devil do achieve His Will, that is nko reason to then go out worshipping all that was used by God as that is no criteria for sainthood or something. God never asked anyone to trust in the tools He uses in accomplishing His Will on earth. He has only ever asked you the trust in Him and only Him alone - Jeremiah 17 vs 5 - 11 . undecided

Kindly read my post again cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Christians Need To Steer Clear Of The Jewish "scriptures" Called The Talmud / What Advise Would You Propose To The Government To Stop Boko Haram? / Mention One Person That If You See Him/her In Heaven, You'll Shout 'OJORO'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.