Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,185 members, 7,867,435 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 04:05 PM

It Shall Never Be Well With Propagandists. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It Shall Never Be Well With Propagandists. (356 Views)

Tinubu, Osinbajo Raise Alarm Over Plots By Alleged Propagandists / It Shall Never Be Well With All Buhari Supporters (pics) / 2019 Elections: Outbreak Of BMC Propagandists On Nairaland (See Clear Evidence ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Shall Never Be Well With Propagandists. by BluntCrazeMan: 11:15am On Aug 29, 2021
I really don't know what propagandists hope to gain by spreading false news..
They even waste their time and energy and talents in creating such news and propagating it.
The other day, I saw a picture of the “THIS DAY Newspaper” with the caption: “Shocking: Uzodinma declares Free Marriage Between Fulani Settlers and Imo Ladies”.
The picture of the newspaper looked so real.

I asked my friends who are conversant with the true happenings in Imo State whether it was true, but the said that they were not aware of such pronouncements.
As I searched further, I saw the supposed Press Statement below that was released by the Managing Director of the “THIS DAY Newspaper”.

PRESS STATEMENT

Fake Digital Edition of THISDAY Friday, 27 August 2021 in Circulation on Social Media.

The attention of the Management of THISDAY has been drawn to a fake version of our digital edition making the rounds on some social media platforms.

With the headline: “Shocking: Uzodinma declares Free Marriage Between Fulani Settlers and Imo Ladies”, this fake version of our digital edition is being circulated on WhatsApp, Facebook and other social media platforms.

We wish to state that THISDAY at no time published the said story. Our lead story on Friday, August 27 was, “Buhari Elated as NNPC Breaks Jinx, Declares N287bn Profit, First in 44 Years”.

Sadly, these merchants of fake news have chosen to leverage on the credibility and integrity of THISDAY to ply their trade.

We completely reject this poor attempt by some unscrupulous people at impersonating our brand and identity in pursuit of whatever agenda they may have, by seeking to disseminate fake news to members of the public as emanating from THISDAY.

For the avoidance of doubt, readers can easily verify our Friday publication from the print edition, or online (www.thisdaylive.com). We therefore call on members of the public who may have unwittingly fell for the cloned digital copy to disregard it and treat it with the utmost contempt it deserves.

We also use this opportunity to call on security agencies to help unmask the counterfeiters behind this forgery and bring them to book.

Signed:

Eniola Bello

Managing Director

28 August 2021

1 Like

Re: It Shall Never Be Well With Propagandists. by BluntCrazeMan: 11:16am On Aug 29, 2021
God will definitely punish all of them.
No matter the side of the line they are propagating from..

It's good to take sides.
No Wahalla
But faking up lies such as these, and wasting time and energy and talent to make it to look real just for political wickedness, Is totally and absolutely bad, and should be totally condemned.

1 Like

Re: It Shall Never Be Well With Propagandists. by Gbongwon1(m): 11:20am On Aug 29, 2021
You need to understand that we practice a very strange, wicked and destructive type of politics in Nigeria.

People can go to any length to destroy something they believe is against their interests irrespective of its impact on the people affected.

Disclaimer: you're hereby advised not the read or click on my signature intentionally
Re: It Shall Never Be Well With Propagandists. by Massiveglory: 11:24am On Aug 29, 2021
It is really bad and pathetic. Uzodinma also needs to sit up, because his body language is giving people the room for these things.

4 Likes

Re: It Shall Never Be Well With Propagandists. by Asgard73: 11:41am On Aug 29, 2021
Southwest propaganda machine.. now Apc propagandist.

They’ve been on this for so long .... they gave igbos a strong bad image to keep em down.

Internet and technology don burst them and with each day its becoming difficult to sell.

Imagine this news in 80’s 90’... Na so dem say igbos Na cannibals those days..
Bros Na psychological attack on east..

See as this one burst.. times is changing.. soon market no go Dey ..

1 Like

Re: It Shall Never Be Well With Propagandists. by Nobody: 12:41pm On Aug 29, 2021
Gbongwon1:
You need to understand that we practice a very strange, wicked and destructive type of politics in Nigeria.

People can go to any length to destroy something they believe is against their interests irrespective of its impact on the people affected.

Disclaimer: you're hereby advised not the read or click on my signature intentionally

This is most unfortunate.. Both the perpetuators and their intentional/ignorant followers are guilty of this crimes against humanity

1 Like

Re: It Shall Never Be Well With Propagandists. by tk4rd: 5:38pm On Aug 29, 2021
Lalasticlala,
Seun
Re: It Shall Never Be Well With Propagandists. by ablejesus26(m): 6:01pm On Aug 29, 2021
Op I say a big
Isseeee to your prayer.

1 Like

Re: It Shall Never Be Well With Propagandists. by Nobody: 6:06pm On Aug 29, 2021
It's because of propagandist news like this that I seriously doubt any news about Fulani herdsmen killing, it now seems to be an anti apc angle

(1) (Reply)

The Next Agenda Of Jihadist Buhari / Happy Birthday � To Bishop Matthew Hassan Kukah! / BREAKING: APC Expels Adamu, Party Chairman Who Wished Osinbajo Replaced Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.