Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,561 members, 7,820,032 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

A Lifestyle Of Gratitude Enhances Living In Faith - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Lifestyle Of Gratitude Enhances Living In Faith (103 Views)

8 Important Ways We Can Render Christian Works To God In Faith / 50 Benefits Of A Lifestyle Of Prayer And Fasting / Bestiality Brothels In Germany. Abusers Sex With Animals As A Lifestyle Choice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Lifestyle Of Gratitude Enhances Living In Faith by Lovelash: 12:03pm On Aug 29, 2021
“The just shall live by faith” Habakkuk 2:4; Romans 1:17; Galatians 3:11; Hebrews 10:38. This implies the Christians, those who have been justified and made right with God by embracing God’s gracious salvation through faith in Jesus Christ’s death and resurrection must live by faith in God in every area of life to the end of their life. Romans 3: 24-25; Gal. 2:16-21. To live by faith implies always doing everything whatsoever in all circumstances by faith in Jesus Christ - faith seeing, faith receiving, faith asking, faith seeking, faith thinking, faith hearing, faith speaking, faith touching, faith breathing, faith imagining, faith praying, faith walking and faith eating. In fact, whatsoever is not of faith is sin. Romans 14:23. Nothing works without faith. We are to live in the newness of life as new creatures in Christ (2 Cor. 5:17) by faith in crucified and resurrected Christ Jesus by not having confidence in our flesh, its sensory organs 2 Cor. 5:7, abilities, possessions, understandings and powers. This is the type of life Apostle Paul lived and could declare that, “I am crucified with Christ; nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.” Gal. 2:20. This is a totally surrendered life to the Holy Spirit and the will of God and the type of life that is pleasing unto Him. This is the type of life that will experience the supernatural and through which God’s power will be made manifest for the world to see.

How can we achieve living by faith knowing that we live in a perverse world under the rulership of Satan with many satanic things and activities capable of making us lose faith in God coupled with many unpalatable experiences and happenings which are capable of making us doubt God?

This can be achieved by living a lifestyle of gratitude unto God in everything and for all things as already revealed so far in this series because a thankful heart is one constantly focused and conscious of God’ presence (Heb. 13:5) and has surrendered in obedience to do His will. It is a heart that knows, loves, believes, trusts and fears God, a heart that studies and obeys the Word of God and proclaims His Salvation to others, a generous giver, a humble worshipper, and one that willingly serves God and others. A closer study of the charges in the New Testament on thanksgiving corresponds to those important aspects of life where exercising our faith are most needed in circumstances such as: when facing all circumstances of life - Colossians 3:15-17, for all we have - Ephesians 5:20; in our words, thoughts and actions -Colossians 3:15-17; prayers -Philippians 4:6; loving others - Timothy 2:1; in our communications - Ephesians 5:4 and in our daily walk - Colossians 2:6-7.

A.B Simpson explains further, “Thankfulness is the best preparation for faith. Trust grows spontaneously in the praiseful heart. Thankfulness takes the sunny side of the street and looks at the bright side of God, and it is only thus that we can ever trust Him. Unbelief looks at our troubles and, of course, they seem like mountains, and faith is discouraged by the prospect.”

There is no better life to live in this world where all things have fallen apart except living by faith in Jesus Christ and gratitude unto Him. Anything aside this is living a miserable life full of fear, unrest, sadness, uncertainties, self pleasing and pleasing of men and uncertainties. Living by faith and gratitude in Christ is living in victory, with certainty and confidence of who is in control of one's life and all He has done for one; where one is coming from, where one is and where one is heading to.

King David the beautiful Psalmist of Israel and Apostle Paul are perfect examples of great men of God who lived by faith and attitude of gratitude.

A life lived by faith and thanksgiving is a victorious live and of possibilities. 1 John 5:4. Believe in the persons of God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit as revealed in the Holy Scripture. See God with you in everything, believe and obey all His commandments, promises, blessings and accept them as His words for you personally and offer Him thanksgiving and praises for them. He has chosen you in love to be the revealer of His nature, his love and mercy to the perishing world, the canvas of his miracles, signs and wonders and the channel of His power and might over all powers that be. God’s being, attributes and character behind all His promises are enough sources of eternal gratitude, love, commitment and obedience to God for all believers. Thanksgiving should be given to God for His words and promises even as we wait in anticipation for its fulfillment, “He who calls you is faithful, who also will do it” (1 Thessalonians, 5:24, 2 Thessalonians 3:3, Hebrews 10: 23). As you do this often, what you have accepted in faith becomes a reality. Remember your eternity depends on having faith in Jesus Christ to the end of your life. May God help us all to keep faith in Him in Jesus name. Amen. Ephesians 3:16-21.

GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO I.
www[dot]lovelashblog[dot]com

(1) (Reply)

Are You In Need Of Having A Car ? / You Need The Light Of God! / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 15/09/2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.