Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,699 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture - Investment (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture (28219 Views)

How Much Did You Make In Digital Currencies In 2021, See Mine (binance, Etc) / Investing In Digital Currencies. Learn And Earn From The Best Options In 2022. / What Did You Acquire In The Previous Bull Run (digital Currencies) See Mine. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 7:28pm On Sep 03, 2021
Does anyone here have an experience of taking a loan on a crypt0 platform?

Been looking into options...

Want to take a usdt loan with bitc0in as collateral....

Looking at a 3-6 month timeframe....

I'd wait for clarity on the market b4 making a move.

P.s, I'm not taking it to buy alyts... Need it to handle stuff but don't want to sell my bitcoyns yet
Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 7:51am On Sep 04, 2021
jedisco:
If betece goes on another rally, One coyn I want to build a good stash of is chz... Most fan tokens are built on it... I'm hoping to get bids in on a retest of the weekly ema at around 0.3

With the covid crash and cash constraints, an increasing number of football clubs are turning to fan tokens to engage fans nd raise some cash it seems...
Wouldn't be surprised if other sporting teams start following suit.......

My plan will be to own some chz and another sporting token (psg likely)

Chz seems to have left the station without much of a pullback... Not chasing

1 Like

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 7:54am On Sep 04, 2021
Etc/eith

Etc seems to be approaching a level where I'd expect a bounce against eith....
Given eith has broken out, wouldn't be surprised it dose too... Will shave some eith into it

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by Mazinewmoney: 9:17am On Sep 04, 2021
Boss you know we are not much here to give you the answer. You can still ask in the other thread as there are much people there to answer you. Better till let me ask for you.
jedisco:

P.s, I'm not taking it to buy alyts... Need it to handle stuff but don't want to sell my bitcoyns yet
Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 12:15pm On Sep 04, 2021
Mazinewmoney:
Boss you know we are not much here to give you the answer. You can still ask in the other thread as there are much people there to answer you. Better till let me ask for you.

Thanks.... Thought about it... But most people there are new to crypt0 and are unlikely to know
Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jigabanty(m): 1:27pm On Sep 04, 2021
Boss, thanks for all your input here so far. God bless you sir.

Pls, can you help elucidate the relationships in Market Cap, Max Supply, Circulating supply and all other supplies and how it affect the value of a coin in order for us to project on our long term investment.

Thank you sir.

I'm also following with reckless abandon

5 Likes

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by DaBlog: 4:27pm On Sep 04, 2021
For all things digital currencies, this is worth reading

https://sites.google.com/view/royalqapp/home
Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 8:46pm On Sep 04, 2021
If bitc0in holds... large- Midcaps should move well....

But then, in the weeks following that, I believe the sweet dough will be made on micros.....
Thats a move I'm not planning to miss... Most have hardly moved all this time.... Most could easily do a 2-3x from current valuations
Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 8:54pm On Sep 04, 2021
jigabanty:
Boss, thanks for all your input here so far. God bless you sir.

Pls, can you help elucidate the relationships in Market Cap, Max Supply, Circulating supply and all other supplies and how it affect the value of a coin in order for us to project on our long term investment.

Thank you sir.

I'm also following with reckless abandon

Would take a while to evaluate all, but the basic reasoning is this...

First market cap- a multiplication of the amount of a coyn issued by its price... I.e if I wanted to buy 100% of a coyn, what would it cost

Large caps- coyns with largest market cap.... No clear cut-off but I usually limit it to top 5-7 excluding tether... After bitc0in, eith is the largest market cap... Usually, in recovery from a bear market, they move first nd tend to hold structure more.....

Circulating supply- as the name implies... usually, the amount of a coyn available to trade... Reasoning is that coyns with lower supply can move faster

Max supply... Same also... Reason if a coyn has an endless supply, then it might not do as well in the long-term as one with a fixed or reducing supply...

The reasoning behind these are not always the case... Further explanation on these could be got online

3 Likes

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by daintyprincess(f): 2:13pm On Sep 05, 2021
jedisco:
If bitc0in holds... large- Midcaps should move well....

But then, in the weeks following that, I believe the sweet dough will be made on micros.....
Thats a move I'm not planning to miss... Most have hardly moved all this time.... Most could easily do a 2-3x from current valuations
Can you please give an example of micros?

Openheaven2019, do help us out with heavenly long term investment calls here too

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 2:28pm On Sep 05, 2021
My thoughts on bitc0in in the interim....

It seems the majority are expecting a good move down or up... But I ask myself, what if it just ranges...

The hash ribbon is still one of the more reliable indicators...and most times when it flashes, you start asking yourself months later why u were confused on whether to buy at 9k or 9.5 k... Or 30k and 33k recently....

Reason I'm not selling my alyts is this;
In this market, I like confluence and I don't see much of that now...... There might be a correction but with eiths move, I expect some circling of money soon... Already matic has picked up...... I'm still in my position and still awaiting my targets... If stuff dumps, fine... I'd add on the dip nd wait a lil longer...

Estimating what bitc0in will due in the immediate future can be more of a guess work... But Lemme speculate a bit.... Perhaps it pumps and ranges letting alyts rally... Folks get excited, it then corrects to the weekly ema... And now resumes a sustained rally to create new ATH.... I somehow believe Oct-Dec is Bitc0ins time.... Then alyts resume in January... Thats a pattern that has happened not infrequently in crypt0...

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 2:29pm On Sep 05, 2021
daintyprincess:

Openheaven2019, do help us out with heavenly long term investment calls here too

Thank you

I'd post a screenshot of micros I track....
But then, Midcaps are not done moving yet
Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 2:36pm On Sep 05, 2021
I like to follow a Saturday night week as on some charts... Not just a Sundays... I find it's sought of an expo into the coming week..

Looking at uni... Shared this 2 werks back when it first hit 30.... I was too eager at resistance....

Now I like the structure...
Against usdt, last weeks close wasn't a bad one... Still below 30, but that candle gives me confidence for a push up.... Next target is ATH at 40-43

Against betece, it looks rather impressive.... Has kept an uptrend line since January.... A rally to 0..8 seems programmed... Kinda reminds me of Ada

1 Like

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 2:40pm On Sep 05, 2021
jedisco:
Personally, as I shared on the other thread, irrespective of what bitc0in does in the interim ( as far as it's above 40k), I don't see the need to sell any of my alyts for now..... if a pullback comes and gives lower prices, I'd add more

Some of my alyt entries and target sells are...

One... Entry was at 1... Target is 1.5

Kusama... Entry between 280 and 300... Target is between 500-600

Dot- as above

Uni- entry was between 25-27... Target is 40

Link- entry was between 20-25, target is 40-50

Xrp- entry was 0.59... target 1.8 ish

Theta- entry was 7, target 12-15

Tfuel- entry was 0.36, target 0.6

Icp... Entry was around 66 and 40... targeting 120-150 on it...

Still got some shib (entry 0.cool and doge... Targeting 2x on both... Personally, I don't think doge will perform as well this time around... Many people who missed its last rallies have been lurking around in it... Me feels it'd still grustrate folks a lil

Usually, there's a rhythm to this market.... Eith or ada moves first and the other follows....

Coins that move on tandem can provide an opportunity to maximize profits if the second is lagging
If eith moves towards 4k, then etc will usually follow quickly... If it lags, then I cycle

If bnb moves towards 600-650, then bake and cake usually follow...

I noticed a number of my coyns are trending towards the desired target.... No complaints... I just dey watch
Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by OpenHeaven2019(f): 2:42pm On Sep 05, 2021
daintyprincess:

Thank you

For now I only one long term bag which is $KYL.

My definition of a long term is something I can hold if capitulation comes today and even buy more like I did SOL.

An advise for long term is don’t go all in, it allows you to be able to keep your mind sane and buy more when capitulation comes.

My buying rule for my solid long term micro bag is to buy every 50% dip.

I have succeeded a lot but I have also failed, most notably was my SLIM failure (lessons were taken and shared here)

To hold long term is harder than you think and with zero risk management - impossible!

I bought slim and told myself I would hold it long term, when capitulation came, yours faithfully sold.

Long term no be mouth!

5 Likes

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 2:44pm On Sep 05, 2021
Sol takes the crown of being my first 2-3x of this run...

It's take off from 40 reminds me of bnb earlier on...

When bnb hit 150, it retraced to 120 ish before resuming a rally to 350....

Got alerts set I'd be watching this

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 2:50pm On Sep 05, 2021
Another relatively new entry is matic.... Thanks to @ibeme for alerting me of its relationship with eith....

Looks primed to attack its ATH at 2.4 which is 50% away.. A retest of 1.6 its a place I'd add up

2 Likes

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by Macktaob(m): 3:23pm On Sep 05, 2021
jedisco:
Sol takes the crown of being my first 2-3x of this run...

It's take off from 40 reminds me of bnb earlier on...

When bnb hit 150, it retraced to 120 ish before resuming a rally to 350....

Got alerts set I'd be watching this
What points are your alerts?
Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by sellydion: 4:59pm On Sep 05, 2021
Loan taking on Binnance

from 7 days to 180 days

I took 1000usdt for 30days at21usdt interest

tota loan payable at expiration 1021 usdt

Cake was used as collateral

you can liquidate b4 time.

loan interest is calculated per day.

jedisco:

1 Like

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by Kaybee7000(m): 5:10pm On Sep 05, 2021
Iove the thread
Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by Hamachi(f): 5:16pm On Sep 05, 2021
sellydion:
Loan taking on Binnance

from 7 days to 180 days

This is interesting. Thank you.
Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 7:02pm On Sep 05, 2021
sellydion:
Loan taking on Binnance

from 7 days to 180 days

Yeah.... I saw that on binaz... But their rates are too high....

U get mind to ise cake as collateral.... If I'm taking out, I'd use betece as collateral... And I'd want further confirmation on the direction of the market fes
Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by BizBloke(m): 7:12pm On Sep 05, 2021
jedisco:

I took but used USDT as collateral. But I know someone who used ETH or so; don't think there's much disparity.

Let me know what information you need.
Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 7:48pm On Sep 05, 2021
Macktaob:

What points are your alerts?
Around 120
If I'm targeting a retest of 120, my alerts would be around it
Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by Macktaob(m): 7:50pm On Sep 05, 2021
jedisco:

Around 120
If I'm targeting a retest of 120, my alerts would be around it
Okay bro
Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 7:52pm On Sep 05, 2021
BizBloke:

I took but used USDT as collateral. But I know someone who used ETH or so; don't think there's much disparity.

Let me know what information you need.

That's strange...... Why didn't you just buy the coin with your usdt?

I'm looking for something with a low interest rate with a period of 3-6 months.... Those with very low interest like celcius (<1%) rates have annoyingly high LTV rates
Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 7:57pm On Sep 05, 2021
Ada/eith...

One of the more dependable combos to trade.... Targets will be 0.6- 0.7.....

Above 50k, my plan is to take profits into mainly stables and maybe some betece so I have fuel for a dip... But I'd keep an eye on this...

Bch also another one on the move after a good flip of 700... All betece needs to do now is keep calm and not blerp up

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by sellydion: 9:18pm On Sep 05, 2021
I expected Cake and Zil that I used the fund for to go up in the near term

Currently zil has covered all the interest for one month , where are just 3 or 4 days into the game.

jedisco:

Yeah.... I saw that on binaz... But their rates are too high....

U get mind to ise cake as collateral.... If I'm taking out, I'd use betece as collateral... And I'd want further confirmation on the direction of the market fes

1 Like

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by BizBloke(m): 9:42pm On Sep 05, 2021
jedisco:

That's strange...... Why didn't you just buy the coin with your usdt?

I'm looking for something with a low interest rate with a period of 3-6 months.... Those with very low interest like celcius (<1%) rates have annoyingly high LTV rates

Nah, it wasn't for a coin purchase. Used it to buy another digital asset: a domain name I want to flip for about 4-5 digits in 2-3 years.

I think there's no middle ground when it comes to interest rate vs LTV rates; the only platform I can suggest now (but not used though) is Nebeus. They've got an adjustable LTV up to 80% for Flexible Loans. Perhaps you could look them up. I'll ask my folk for the one he used.

1 Like

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 10:39pm On Sep 05, 2021
sellydion:
I expected Cake and Zil that I used the fund for to go up in the near term

Currently zil has covered all the interest for one month , where are just 3 or 4 days into the game.

Ok... I get it now... You deposited your cake as collateral, took usdt and bought zil?
That's similar to margin trading....

I'm using mine for a project outside Crypt0... Just don't want to sell my stash of betece yet
Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 10:45pm On Sep 05, 2021
BizBloke:

Nah, it wasn't for a coin purchase. Used it to buy another digital asset: a domain name I want to flip for about 4-5 digits in 2-3 years.

I think there's no middle ground when it comes to interest rate vs LTV rates; the only platform I can suggest now (but not used though) is Nebeus. They've got an adjustable LTV up to 80% for Flexible Loans. Perhaps you could look them up. I'll ask my folk for the one he used.

Interesting... Just looked Nebeus up.... The interface looks good and they mentioned being insured...

But I still can't understand your own....if you used USDT as collateral, what did u loan?

My plan is to deposit some Bitc0in, get some usdt... After 3 months, refund the usdt, withdraw my bitc0in and go into alyts... Will need some confirmation in the market though... 25-50% ltv is good for me... I want to sleep with my 2 eyes closed
Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by wwwtortoise(m): 11:48pm On Sep 05, 2021
BizBloke:

I think there's no middle ground when it comes to interest rate vs LTV rates; the only platform I can suggest now (but not used thought) is Nebeus. They've got an adjustable LTV up to 80% for Flexible Loans. Perhaps you could look them up. I'll ask my folk for the one he used.
jedisco:

Interesting... Just looked Nebeus up.... The interface looks good and they mentioned being insured...

But I still can't understand your own....if you used USDT as collateral, what did u loan?

My plan is to deposit some Bitc0in, get some usdt... After 3 months, refund the usdt, withdraw my bitc0in and go into alyts... Will need some confirmation in the market though... 25-50% ltv is good for me... I want to sleep with my 2 eyes closed

I have been thinking in this direction (accessing loan using crypto collateral) for some time now.

Honestly I don’t feel like liquidating my crypto portfolio anytime soon. And on the other hand, I’m in need of extra cash to makeup for a pending project.

This quagmire pushed my thoughts into the crypto loan line.

A quick glance at nebeus platform shows naira is not listed on the currency drop down. My concern is because I don’t have a dom. acc. to facilitate usd/eu transactions.

A penny for your thoughts.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Eurobond / SEC Bans Binance Nigeria Limited: It Is An Illegal Entity / Latest Yahoo Boy Update - Best Apps For Yahoo Boys For Easy Cash Out In 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.