Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,483 members, 7,812,498 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:20 PM

Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) (59065 Views)

Throwback Video Of Ruger Singing Without His Eye Patch (video) / Throwback Video Of A Young Wizkid Freestyling In The Studio / Teenage Wizkid Freestyling On Jimmy Jump Off (Throwback Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by Nephilim: 10:44pm On Aug 29, 2021
He's right! Don't run away! They are there to make bargain with you. I'm sure he didn't tell us that part and the terms of the bargain they made with him.

And if you made bargain with Mami wata, yes she will make you rich and you will enjoy your life but at the end your body will end up in their freezer deep in the sea, while your soul burns in hell, so what profit a man to gain fleeing riches and loose his soul in hell, NOTHING!

9 Likes

Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by Emmanfemcy(m): 10:46pm On Aug 29, 2021
Its possible for the man to have seeing such thing. I know many will not believe that their certain fish that If you cut them and boil them it won't boil, but if you return it back to the stream it will join back. In this Nigeria there's fish with headlight on it

2 Likes

Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by anonymuz(m): 10:46pm On Aug 29, 2021
Abaman001:
No be only Mami water, na both papi water...oloshi
you are so ignorant. I pity your generation.

3 Likes

Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by jude5240(m): 10:47pm On Aug 29, 2021
Toks2008:

They are.

Everything that lives outside the sea are all in the sea... We live in a parallel universe with that in the sea.

Sea horse, sea turtle, sea dog, sea human...

It is a mystery but they are very very real.

Have you [b][/b]seen one?
Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by ceeceeuwa: 10:49pm On Aug 29, 2021
Sonnobax15:
cheesy
I've heard of different stories about people encountering mermaids..Even my own maternal grandmother was one of them....So I kinda believe this shiit...

People who live close to riverine areas can easily attest to that..
Tell us more please!
Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by Nobody: 10:53pm On Aug 29, 2021
sammuell:

Science student
I pity u

I solve world problems every day with research and evidence - You cant solve maths with fictional myths-1+1 is 2 -Buildings will fall,people will die -We need more rational thinkers on earth to solve earthly problems ,with logic base on evidence and facts not fiction -No wonder theve used fictional religion to enslave and chain you for 400 years ,im counting ignorance everywhere ,Africa is bleeding ,suffering been brutalized ,abused and destroyed because of fictional and feudalists thinkers like you,you can believe anything with ignorance ,you cant think for yourself,you cant operate like a machine ,mathematically ,do a simple educated research on issues, and make decisions base on facts and facts alone.
Santa Claus ,and tooth ferries was cool, when- I was a child ,but -I embraced facts over fiction -Solve earthly problems and humanity problems with rational thinkers that operates and govern the society with with facts not fiction-'You think foctional because thats what your system want from you ignorant and enslaved -No wonder the first Europeans, that came to Africa lamented that a fully grown adult male Aftican thinks like a child-So let us introduce fictional characters to them, and we own there minds forever-I know you dont know what a research is; I could have recommended to many books for you, but ;guess thats a waste of your time -I face life changing decisions everyday- I live in a society that operates with evidence -Anyways youve become your society -Third most terrorized country on earth,doctors migrating overseas during a pandemic-Capital of poverty.
I pity you too

2 Likes

Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by UncleKoboko: 10:54pm On Aug 29, 2021
Toks2008:

They are.

Everything that lives outside the sea are all in the sea... We live in a parallel universe with that in the sea.

Not as it is in your head...

How can you compare for example, a seahorse with a real horse?

IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE!

MYSTERIES EXIST IN THIS WORLD BUT MOST ARE BEYOND YOUR THINKING...

2 Likes

Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by Toks2008(m): 10:57pm On Aug 29, 2021
9jah:

Africans are the most delusional people on earth -Rather than Africans to study myths , do a basic thorough research to find out scientific evidence of things ,no; they become lazy, and fill in gaps with a god or myth - No wonder they worship anything-God of thunder, God of the sky,God of the moon, God of the wind lol etc . If you dont have any scientific evidence of anything to show me, with facts in this modern age - I dont believe you.

No, Mermaids Do Not Exist
UNIQUELY CURSED DISCOURSE
SCIENCE

No, Mermaids Do Not Exist
What Animal Planet’s fake documentaries don’t tell you about the ocean.

No credible evidence of the existence of mermaids has ever been found
Courtesy of Animal Planet

This week, Animal Planet aired two fake documentaries claiming to show scientific evidence of mermaids. I say “fake documentaries” because that’s exactly what The Body Found and The New Evidence are. The “scientists” interviewed in the show are actors, and there’s a brief disclaimer during the end credits. However, the Twitter conversation surrounding the show (#Mermaids) reveals that many viewers are unaware that the show isn’t real. (Sample Tweets: “After watching the documentary #Mermaids the body found … I believe there are mermaids!!!” and “90% of the ocean is unexplored and you’re telling me #mermaids don’t exist”—which has been retweeted more than 800 times.) It is, after all, airing on a network that claims to focus on educating viewers about the natural world. “The Body Found” was rightfully described “the rotting carcass of science television,” and I was shocked to see Animal Planet air a sequel.

As a marine biologist, I can tell you unequivocally that despite millennia of humans exploring the ocean, no credible evidence of the existence of mermaids has ever been found. Some claim that manatees are the source of the legend, but you’d have to be at sea an awfully long time to think that a manatee is a beautiful woman. Sure, new species are discovered all the time, but while a new species of bird or insect is fascinating, it doesn’t mean “anything is possible,” and it is certainly not equivalent to finding a group of talking, thinking humanoids with fish tails covering half of their bodies. The confusion generated by “The Body Found” got to be so significant that the United States government issued an official statement on the matter.

When I started angrily posting about this on Facebook and Twitter, many of my nonscientist friends asked me why it matters if people believe in mermaids. It matters because the ocean is extremely important. It provides jobs for tens of millions of people and food for billions. However, many marine resources are being overexploited and mismanaged, leaving us in serious danger of losing them forever. Policy solutions can help, but if you are so ignorant about what is really happening in the ocean that you believe that there are organisms that are half human and half fish, you’re almost certainly unaware of the important problems, much less how to solve them. Even if you don’t believe in mythical creatures, you may be unaware of the severity of the crises facing our oceans. Now that we’ve established that mermaids aren’t real, here are 5 other important things about the ocean that everyone should know.

1. The oceans are not inexhaustible, we’re currently overharvesting many resources, and the consequences can be disastrous.

According to the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization, 32 percent of all global fisheries are “overexploited, depleted, or recovering” and another 50 percent are fully exploited (as of 2010). Overfishing is the single greatest threat to the ocean environment, but this isn’t just an environmental problem. Fish are a critically important natural resource, with more than 3 billion people getting at least 15 percent of their protein from the ocean. Although human population growth is still increasing, we won’t be able to increase the amount of fish we’re taking from the ocean.*

2. Current fishing practices aren’t just problematic for the fish species we are trying to catch.

Most commercial fisheries don’t use a rod and reel, catching one fish at a time and throwing back what they don’t want (or aren’t allowed to sell). A single longline can be many miles long and have tens of thousands of baited hooks; purse seine nets can be miles across; and the largest trawl net on the market can fit several 747 airplanes in its opening. Bycatch, which occurs when fishermen catch animals swimming near their target catch, is unavoidable with fishing gear this large, but the problem can be unexpectedly severe. In some fisheries, 90 percent of the catch by weight is bycatch, which includes endangered sea turtles and sea birds as well as marine mammals. Some types of fishing, such as dynamite fishing and cyanide fishing, can heavily damage the environment. Dragging a heavy trawl net over the seafloor destroys countless fragile and ecologically important organisms, the equivalent of hunting for rabbits by bulldozing a forest and killing all the deer, birds, insects, and plants that live there. The FAO estimates that 7 million tons of bycatch are caught and discarded every year.

3. Just because a fish is from “the ocean” doesn’t mean you should release it in the nearest body of salt water.

Invasive species are non-native organisms released into a new region. In the case of invasive fish, they are often introduced by aquarium hobbyists who release a fish when it gets too big for its tank. Often, there are no predators in the new habitat capable of eating these newly introduced animals. Lionfish, native to the Indo-Pacific, are believed to have been introduced to the Atlantic coast of the United States by aquarium hobbyists in the last few decades. Lionfish have no native predators in the Atlantic, and non-native predators are often deterred by their venomous spines. A single female lionfish can release millions of eggs in a year, so it’s no surprise that lionfish are now found throughout the Caribbean and as far north as New York, and they are outcompeting or eating native, economically important fishes such as snapper and grouper.

4. Sharks aren’t a threat to you, they’re important, and they’re in trouble

The average American has only a 1 in 3,800,000 chance of being killed by a shark. You’re more likely to be killed by a lawnmower or a vending machine, and more likely to be bitten by a stranger on the subway. Like all predators, sharks help keep the ocean in balance by eating the sick, the weak, and the dying. However, sharks are suffering from overfishing more than most marine species, with 1 in 6 species of shark, skate, or ray (and 1 in 3 species of open ocean shark) considered “Threatened with Extinction” by the IUCN Red List.

5. Although mermaids don’t exist, the ocean is still full of wonder, and it needs your help!

What you do affects the ocean even if you live far away, and there’s a lot that you can do to help. Purchase sustainable seafood. Use reusable grocery bags instead of single-use plastic bags, which can choke sea turtles or sea birds. Support politicians who support ocean conservation, or encourage your current elected officials to support the ocean. Most importantly, ask your friends and family to do the same.

If I’ve ruined your sense of wonder about the oceans, don’t fret. The absence of mermaids certainly doesn’t mean that the oceans are boring. As deep sea ecologist Andrew David Thaler said, “Look, the ocean is a vast, unexplored frontier. The deep sea is Earth’s last great wilderness. When we do venture into the abyss, we find creatures more diverse and incredible that our relatively limited imaginations can conceive. Don’t insult that wonder with something as utterly mundane as ‘human with fish tail.’ ”

Several of my marine scientist colleagues and I subjected ourselves to three hours of fake mermaid documentaries, live-tweeting and correcting inaccuracies as we watched.

BY DAVID SHIFFMAN

Normally I no suppose quote you but I will help you a bit.

Go to YouTube and type, real mermaid so you can watch and see for yourself...

Wait let me even help me out
.. Lemme go fetch the video.

Just dey write epistle

Oya see for yourself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuXPdQqMYW0

1 Like

Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by IVORY2009(m): 11:09pm On Aug 29, 2021
momokre:
shocked WOW! BUILD A LUCRATIVE CAREER IN I.T; Grab this I.T MEGA BUNDLE and Go from ZERO to HERO in just 6 months. 30% discount expires tomorrow.

|==============>

WhatsApp Me if interested<==============|

Suitable for all Students, Job seekers, Corpers, I.T professionals who wants to sharpen their knowledge, Anyone with plans to change fields or relocate abroad, Parents for their kids, If you want to start a freelancing Side hustle

This criminal again
Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by valoky22(m): 11:22pm On Aug 29, 2021
A woman most loving, compassionate, merciful, generous and kind. She's indeed my lovely mum.
Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by splashbaby(m): 11:24pm On Aug 29, 2021
Abaman001:
No be only Mami water, na both papi water...oloshi
Haba, show some respect na. You really lack home training.

5 Likes

Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by sapientia(m): 11:35pm On Aug 29, 2021
Show us some respect

He saw a black mammywater
Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by Lovelyn451(f): 11:36pm On Aug 29, 2021
Hmmm...all these highlife musicians sef, even oliver d'coque said his music is from the waters

2 Likes

Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by emmarino(m): 11:46pm On Aug 29, 2021
Toks2008:

They are.

Modified...

Let me post the video here so that you all will stop mentioning me.

Naive people everywhere thinking this earth is just about what they sea above the sea.

Real mermaid sighted 3000feet below sea

There are several forces and gods all from the Devil living in different spheres of this earth.

2 Likes

Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by SmilingImabong: 12:06am On Aug 30, 2021
Ask Nigerian Navy about a battle ship called Anansa. Its a name of a calabar mamaid.
Have you ever wondered why when a ship is commissioned a Virgin is used to break the wine on the boat or ship and the company who owns the vessel takes full responsibility of her welfare.
Are you aware?
They are real and are amongst us.
Independentgbol:
Until we have this depictions of mammy water on camera, it's hard to believe

1 Like

Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by Dahunsipaul(m): 12:16am On Aug 30, 2021
Sonnobax15:
cheesy
I've heard of different stories about people encountering mermaids..Even my own maternal grandmother was one of them....So I kinda believe this shiit...

People who live close to riverine areas can easily attest to that..

Na this Kind People Dey believe say India beat Nigeria 99-0

3 Likes

Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by richie240: 12:20am On Aug 30, 2021
Dis na d very 1st time u see true thing!
Whatever 'mami' gives, its in exchange of ur eternal soul!

Those who seek/receive mystical powers from other sources apart from The Most High shd now ds and know peace!
cool

FalseProphet1:
He has finally gone to meet the mammy water that appeared to him. She really tried to wait all these years for him to be reunited with her for all eternity.

This I have seen.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nephilim:
He's right! Don't run away! They are there to make bargain with you. I'm sure he didn't tell us that part and the terms of the bargain they made with him.

And if you made bargain with Mami wata, yes she will make you rich and you will enjoy your life but at the end your body will end up in their freezer deep in the sea, while your soul burns in hell, so what profit a man to gain fleeing riches and loose his soul in hell, NOTHING!
Correct!
#EOD!!
Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by richie240: 12:34am On Aug 30, 2021
Hehehehe..... cheesy cheesy
The inspiration wey oyibo take make d 3310 wey u take type, na where u think dem getam from?
What about d planes wey dey fly? U think say na dr sense do am?

Perhaps, u may need to do some brushups on "occult science"

My ppl tork say "Na bcuz person never waka far, dts why e never see hunçh-backed squirrel"
Peace!
cool

LilMissFavvy:
Is he saying that mammy water is what gave him the inspiration for his music, I'm disappointed

2 Likes

Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by emmanuelpopson(m): 12:42am On Aug 30, 2021
Geography made us understand that The earth is covered by 70%water body and 30%land.
The land hadn't been explored to its max potential kos there are so many places that humans can not dare enter which is land óò.
How much more the water body that is deeper than the highest mountain.
There are places where divers cannot afford to go. The deepest of all.. In geology. While some animals are much bigger than the sea whale living under the ocean floors. For the river not to have a leader is an understatement kos the mermaids are the rulers of that water kingdom so they exist

7 Likes

Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by MilitaryLady(f): 12:49am On Aug 30, 2021
SmilingImabong:

Ask Nigerian Navy about a battle ship called Anansa. Its a name of a calabar mamaid.
Have you ever wondered why when a ship is commissioned a Virgin is used to break the wine on the boat or ship and the company who owns the vessel takes full responsibility of her welfare.
Are you aware?
They are real and are amongst us.
anansa is imaginary eyeneka, na Calabar I dey and I assure you it doesn't exist
Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by Patrioticman007(m): 12:56am On Aug 30, 2021
Toks2008:

Normally I no suppose quote you but I will help you a bit.

Go to YouTube and type, real mermaid so you can watch and see for yourself...

Wait let me even help me out
.. Lemme go fetch the video.

Just dey write epistle

Oya see for yourself

This a fake documentary movie, Google more about it. Even guitar boy knew he only imagined the mermaid after smoking an igboho weed.

1 Like

Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by Adewale1603(m): 12:57am On Aug 30, 2021
illicit:
Anything that can't be seen or heard nor felt doesn't exist....
like your brain and sense

3 Likes

Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by wink2015(m): 1:06am On Aug 30, 2021
Mami water is a fiery being that most people find hard to believe exist.

1 Like

Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by achu442(m): 1:28am On Aug 30, 2021
bIRODE:
Mermaid are not real

Says who? Mermaids are very real
I have seen myself, twice sef.

Check instablog page, the one caught in a beach this year.

Go and read about Asanga, true life story of mermaid in Calabar.

Just that,they aren't beautiful as shown in stories..They are ugly, wild and very deadly.

1 Like

Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by sylve11: 1:31am On Aug 30, 2021
Journey well, Sir Victor Uwaifo. sad cool
Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by sylve11: 1:41am On Aug 30, 2021
sammuell:
All dis science students wey dey evidence

Why not carry out the research by yourself

I tire. embarassed cool

1 Like

Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by LilMissFavvy(f): 1:58am On Aug 30, 2021
:oohhhh, I wouldn't be surprised, I agree
richie240:
Hehehehe..... cheesy cheesy
The inspiration wey oyibo take make d 3310 wey u take type, na where u think dem getam from?
What about d planes wey dey fly? U think say na dr sense do am?

Perhaps, u may need to do some brushups on "occult science"

My ppl tork say "Na bcuz person never waka far, dts why e never see hunçh-backed squirrel"
Peace!
cool

1 Like

Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by mysticwarrior(m): 2:02am On Aug 30, 2021
He didn't see anything.

1 Like

Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by ikorodureporta: 2:04am On Aug 30, 2021
Dem say na chest infection kill am . They keep finetoning covik
Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by nokspos: 3:07am On Aug 30, 2021
Independentgbol:
Until we have this depictions of mammy water on camera, it's hard to believe
do your research , they are real, usa has many in their top secret stores

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD Splash-church-agbasa (phyno Girl) / DOWNLOAD FULL ALBUM: Burna Boy – Outside / DOWNLOAD: Future – Mask Off (remix) Ft. Kendrick Lamar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.