Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,452 members, 7,812,378 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) - Music/Radio (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) (59063 Views)

Throwback Video Of Ruger Singing Without His Eye Patch (video) / Throwback Video Of A Young Wizkid Freestyling In The Studio / Teenage Wizkid Freestyling On Jimmy Jump Off (Throwback Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by Nobody: 1:56pm On Aug 30, 2021
MilitaryLady:
stay away from weed next time cos it's not good for you

Funny you said that, are you Ms strange.how dafuq you know?
Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by Nobody: 1:58pm On Aug 30, 2021
MufasaLion:

Trash!

I ask for real evidence you're telling me crap. And even if it that shit happens, who told you it is from your mermaids? Don't let people fool you.

We all have seen UFOs evidence and it's authenticated!

Your mermaid is a fairytale.

May you remain ignorant.. apart from abusing them, go to the river on the final day and you go see something wey go convince you.. what other evidence could be better than experiencing it yourself?? Na una type wey dey sabi do I too know for class but nothing dey their head..

4 Likes

Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by Nobody: 2:02pm On Aug 30, 2021
MilitaryLady:
stay away from weed next time cos it's not good for you

I hate trying to persuade your kind of people but If you stay in Port Harcourt, there's a dance called "Owo-Oha" in ikwerre and it's danced every 4years at Rumuolumini town hall.. it's a dance of the waters and it's still in practice till today... I dare you to come to Iwofe River, not even in the night oh! Come day time, look to the river and abuse "Mami Waters"... of course, nothing should happen to you if they don't exist.. but if you do this thing on the last day of the dance and you leave Iwofe River alive and healthy as you came, come back here and quote me...

1 Like

Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by MufasaLion: 2:02pm On Aug 30, 2021
Mixedfraction:

May you remain ignorant.. apart from abusing them, go to the river on the final day and you go see something wey go convince you..

Dude, y'all are deluded. You keep running your mouth no no solid evidence. And no, don't refer me to any bullshit festival in one village because they've instilled fear in the villagers and its easy to deceive them but not me.

I challenge you to go there and ask them to summon your mermaid and make sure you get a picture and video evidence.

If you can't then forget this debate.
Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by MufasaLion: 2:04pm On Aug 30, 2021
Mixedfraction:

May you remain ignorant.. apart from abusing them, go to the river on the final day and you go see something wey go convince you.. what other evidence could be better than experiencing it yourself?? Na una type wey dey sabi do I too know for class but nothing dey their head..

Guy, I believe in fact and not hearsays or myth!

You expect me to go there and witness a festival which we both know that no mermaid has ever shown up nor will ever show up!

Sorry, I'm not a gullible creature.
Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by Nobody: 2:08pm On Aug 30, 2021
MufasaLion:

Dude, y'all are deluded. You keep running your mouth no no solid evidence. And no, don't refer me to any bullshit festival in one village because they've instilled fear in the villagers and its easy to deceive them but not me.

I challenge you to go there and ask them to summon your mermaid and make sure you get a picture and video evidence.

Na me quote you.. no vex
If you can't then forget this debate.

A curious mind would have asked for directions to the river to see things himself... You are typing rubbish as if you fit get mind bring out your phone, turn on camera and snap if you see mami-water..

4 Likes

Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by MufasaLion: 2:12pm On Aug 30, 2021
Mixedfraction:

A curious mind would have asked for directions to the river to see things himself... You are typing rubbish as if you fit get mind bring out your phone, turn on camera and snap if you see mami-water..

grin grin grin

Dude, stop avoiding my question.

Has mermaid ever shown up during the festival?

Have you witnessed one yourself during the festival?

You mentioned that I dare not take a phone out. That's crap because no mermaid has ever shown up. They've instilled fear in y'all which and made you mot to even question their practices and myths.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by Nobody: 2:17pm On Aug 30, 2021
MufasaLion:

grin grin grin

Dude, stop avoiding my question.

Has mermaid ever shown up during the festival?

Have you witnessed one yourself during the festival?

You mentioned that I dare not take a phone out. That's crap because no mermaid has ever shown up. They've instilled fear in y'all which and made you mot to even question their practices and myths.

I don hear you.. bye.
Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by MufasaLion: 2:20pm On Aug 30, 2021
Mixedfraction:

I don hear you.. bye.

grin grin grin

Go and gather more evidence. And next time, come with your QC.
Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by SweetDipBenny(m): 3:39pm On Aug 30, 2021
Ginagedy:
If you see Mami water ehhee, never never run away.
Back in the days
Ok grandpa
Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by CaveAdullam: 3:50pm On Aug 30, 2021
9jah:

I solve world problems every day with research and evidence - You cant solve maths with fictional myths-1+1 is 2 -Buildings will fall,people will die -We need more rational thinkers on earth to solve earthly problems ,with logic base on evidence and facts not fiction -No wonder theve used fictional religion to enslave and chain you for 400 years ,im counting ignorance everywhere ,Africa is bleeding ,suffering been brutalized ,abused and destroyed because of fictional and feudalists thinkers like you,you can believe anything with ignorance ,you cant think for yourself,you cant operate like a machine ,mathematically ,do a simple educated research on issues, and make decisions base on facts and facts alone.
Santa Claus ,and tooth ferries was cool, when- I was a child ,but -I embraced facts over fiction -Solve earthly problems and humanity problems with rational thinkers that operates and govern the society with with facts not fiction-'You think foctional because thats what your system want from you ignorant and enslaved -No wonder the first Europeans, that came to Africa lamented that a fully grown adult male Aftican thinks like a child-So let us introduce fictional characters to them, and we own there minds forever-I know you dont know what a research is; I could have recommended to many books for you, but ;guess thats a waste of your time -I face life changing decisions everyday- I live in a society that operates with evidence -Anyways youve become your society -Third most terrorized country on earth,doctors migrating overseas during a pandemic-Capital of poverty.
I pity you too

You will not get many likes because you're a sheep in the conglomeration of wolves. Religion is the strongest myth and shackle to separate from because it is rooted in fear, void of logical thinking and rationale and everyone needs to believe by faith else they'll get trounced!

Breaking free is simple: wake up early morning, sit down, think and observe. But the lies are too sweet and fragrant, the embedded fears are like assassins waiting to hit when one crosses the line. So, it is better remaining stagnant.

Please, recommend me those books cause I'm on a journey to the truth that will set me free.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by achu442(m): 4:01pm On Aug 30, 2021
Mixedfraction:

I hate trying to persuade your kind of people but If you stay in Port Harcourt, there's a dance called "Owo-Oha" in ikwerre and it's danced every 4years at Rumuolumini town hall.. it's a dance of the waters and it's still in practice till today... I dare you to come to Iwofe River, not even in the night oh! Come day time, look to the river and abuse "Mami Waters"... of course, nothing should happen to you if they don't exist.. but if you do this thing on the last day of the dance and you leave Iwofe River alive and healthy as you came, come back here and quote me...

You are correct, I went to Tompolo village last year....I saw a mermaid live, like real one.

You are not allowed to take pictures during their fetish proceedings.

Korokoro.

If you stay in Rivers State, then you will know that mermaids are real
Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by millionboi(m): 4:20pm On Aug 30, 2021
Incandescent:

You make me laugh with the depth of your ignorance.

Mr professor..Mr Scientific evidence. You make me laugh.

If dem born you well.. go to any river tonight and say out loudly that they don't exist.

You better be rooted in Christ and stop this foolery you call intelligence.
what will happen?
Will thy come out and answer him?
Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by achu442(m): 4:21pm On Aug 30, 2021
Stop being ignorant and foolish.

Just because you haven't seen one doesn't mean they don't exist.

They are no film tricks...Mermaids are real water creatures, just that they are not as beautiful as the way movies portray them to be.

Watch here.

https://fb.watch/7IIayZ2jJd/
Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by Nobody: 4:29pm On Aug 30, 2021
achu442:

You are correct, I went to Tompolo village last year....I saw a mermaid live, like real one.

You are not allowed to take pictures during their fetish proceedings.

Korokoro.

If you stay in Rivers State, then you will know that mermaids are real

Even the people dancing the masquerade, the elders would always announce using "ikwerre dialect" that nobody should video them.. and on the last day of the dance, there's this masquerade that comes out dressed as a water goddess.. nobody dey stop you to look am oh.. but when I stared at her in her eyeballs, it wasn't even up to 10seconds, I felt this very strange feeling and till today, I no dey look the masquerade for eyes again anytime I go watch the play..

There's a reason I asked him to go to the river on the final day.. make him see wetein pass am.. this is a public forum so no be everything I go talk here..

2 Likes

Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by Savagethe21st(m): 4:40pm On Aug 30, 2021
CaveAdullam:

You will not get many likes because you're a sheep in the conglomeration of wolves. Religion is the strongest myth and shackle to separate from because it is rooted in fear, void of logical thinking and rationale and everyone needs to believe by faith else they'll get trounced!

Breaking free is simple: wake up early morning, sit down, think and observe. But the lies are too sweet and fragrant, the embedded fears are like assassins waiting to hit when one crosses the line. So, it is better remaining stagnant.

Please, recommend me those books cause I'm on a journey to the truth that will set me free.

Thanks.
bro cave, i thought you were a diehard christian? Have you become an atheist like martinez? Lol

1 Like

Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by Lugianostar(m): 4:46pm On Aug 30, 2021
The if you see mami water never run away crooner has finally reunited with the mami water like CR7 has reunited with Man utd.

Egwenso aromancia mami water?
Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by Nobody: 5:44pm On Aug 30, 2021
9jah:

I solve world problems every day with research and evidence - You cant solve maths with fictional myths-1+1 is 2 -Buildings will fall,people will die -We need more rational thinkers on earth to solve earthly problems ,with logic base on evidence and facts not fiction -No wonder theve used fictional religion to enslave and chain you for 400 years ,im counting ignorance everywhere ,Africa is bleeding ,suffering been brutalized ,abused and destroyed because of fictional and feudalists thinkers like you,you can believe anything with ignorance ,you cant think for yourself,you cant operate like a machine ,mathematically ,do a simple educated research on issues, and make decisions base on facts and facts alone.
Santa Claus ,and tooth ferries was cool, when- I was a child ,but -I embraced facts over fiction -Solve earthly problems and humanity problems with rational thinkers that operates and govern the society with with facts not fiction-'You think foctional because thats what your system want from you ignorant and enslaved -No wonder the first Europeans, that came to Africa lamented that a fully grown adult male Aftican thinks like a child-So let us introduce fictional characters to them, and we own there minds forever-I know you dont know what a research is; I could have recommended to many books for you, but ;guess thats a waste of your time -I face life changing decisions everyday- I live in a society that operates with evidence -Anyways youve become your society -Third most terrorized country on earth,doctors migrating overseas during a pandemic-Capital of poverty.
I pity you too

Religion is the best man made brainwashing invention that is best for the masses and elites alike, it gives people hope about the future, it is not perfect but in it's imperfection far better than substitute political ideologies that will fill up the metaphysical question
of life, science, rationalism and empiricism can answer everything we need mythological concepts to make meaning towards existence and give us purposes for a greater cause to attain a higher calling, even if its delusional it's a better societal mechanism than failed man-made ideologies like communism, fascism,Nazism, even modern egalitarianism-equalism where social reengineering via social constructs is destabilizing family units with the rise of single motherhood leading to degenerate children, mutilation of children via LGBTQ+ concepts,popularity and normalization of divorce, all these were rare and unpopular during the era of political conservatism via religion specifically christianity as the dominant ideology until it shifted to radicalised liberalism via embracing feminism and social justice
Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by showafrica(m): 9:51pm On Aug 30, 2021
MufasaLion:

Dude, everyone has got a picture of mermaid and mermaid is not real. They've made it known to people how mermaid looks like and even made a picture.

Mermaid is not Real! It's a story fabricated by humans.

UFOs are real and there are many evidences to corroborate that. So stop making it look like everyone will be dumb to believe your fabricated mermaid y'all are fantasizing about.

You make me laugh. Ask yourself the full meaning of UFO, change it USO... Unidentified swimming objects. In your mind, you see UFO as the flying saucer... They are in different shapes seen with evidences. Same thing with the so called mamaids so forgerrit.
Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by Dwmedianigeria(m): 10:16pm On Aug 30, 2021
Hi fellow Nairalanders,
My name is Kolawole, CEO of Dw records. I am looking for long term partners for my record label which I will be kick starting in a couple of days.
The partnership comes with lots of benefits.
Interested persons should send a WhatsApp message to 08132008578(you can also send SMS or call)
Thank you
Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by MufasaLion: 8:49am On Aug 31, 2021
showafrica:

You make me laugh. Ask yourself the full meaning of UFO, change it USO... Unidentified swimming objects. In your mind, you see UFO as the flying saucer... They are in different shapes seen with evidences. Same thing with the so called mamaids so forgerrit.

Stop spewing trash. There's no evidence of your mermaid! No scientific proof!

And please, don't categorize your imaginary mermaid under USO and UFO.
Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by achu442(m): 9:52pm On Sep 01, 2021
Dwmedianigeria:
Hi fellow Nairalanders,
My name is Kolawole, CEO of Dw records. I am looking for long term partners for my record label which I will be kick starting in a couple of days.
The partnership comes with lots of benefits.
Interested persons should send a WhatsApp message to 08132008578(you can also send SMS or call)
Thank you

What kind of partnership?
I am into the music business also a producer, mix master engineer and publisher.
Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:45am On Sep 07, 2021
Music draw mammy water. Similar thing happened in the pirates of the Caribbean movie

1 Like

Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by Ginagedy: 12:51pm On Sep 07, 2021
SweetDipBenny:
Ok grandpa

Lol
Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by Didi2d(m): 1:46pm On Apr 21, 2022
Emmanfemcy:
It's possible for the man to have seeing such thing. Because nothing is new again. I know many will not believe that their certain fish that If you cut them and boil them it won't boil. And if you return it back to the stream it will join back. And if I tell that in this Nigeria there's fish with headlight on it.

Are you serious? Tell me something
Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by UsamaRafiq: 1:57pm On Feb 19

Africans are the most delusional people on earth -Rather than Africans to study myths , do a basic thorough research to find out scientific evidence of things ,no; they become lazy, and fill in gaps with a god or myth - No wonder they worship anything-God of thunder, God of the sky,God of the moon, God of the wind lol etc . If you dont have any scientific evidence of anything to show me, with facts in this modern age - I dont believe you.

No, Mermaids Do Not Exist
UNIQUELY CURSED DISCOURSE
SCIENCE

No, Mermaids Do Not Exist
What Animal Planet’s fake documentaries don’t tell you about the ocean.

No credible evidence of the existence of mermaids has ever been found
Courtesy of Animal Planet

This week, Animal Planet aired two fake documentaries claiming to show scientific evidence of mermaids. I say “fake documentaries” because that’s exactly what The Body Found and The New Evidence are. The “scientists” interviewed in the show are actors, and there’s a brief disclaimer during the end credits. However, the Twitter conversation surrounding the show (#Mermaids) reveals that many viewers are unaware that the show isn’t real. (Sample Tweets: “After watching the documentary #Mermaids the body found … I believe there are mermaids!!!” and “90% of the ocean is unexplored and you’re telling me #mermaids don’t exist”—which has been retweeted more than 800 times.) It is, after all, airing on a network that claims to focus on educating viewers about the natural world. “The Body Found” was rightfully described “the rotting carcass of science television,” and I was shocked to see Animal Planet air a sequel.

As a marine biologist, I can tell you unequivocally that despite millennia of humans exploring the ocean, no credible evidence of the existence of mermaids has ever been found. Some claim that manatees are the source of the legend, but you’d have to be at sea an awfully long time to think that a manatee is a beautiful woman. Sure, new species are discovered all the time, but while a new species of bird or insect is fascinating, it doesn’t mean “anything is possible,” and it is certainly not equivalent to finding a group of talking, thinking humanoids with fish tails covering half of their bodies. The confusion generated by “The Body Found” got to be so significant that the United States government issued an official statement on the matter.

Click Here for More info: Sustainable Seafood

When I started angrily posting about this on Facebook and Twitter, many of my nonscientist friends asked me why it matters if people believe in mermaids. It matters because the ocean is extremely important. It provides jobs for tens of millions of people and food for billions. However, many marine resources are being overexploited and mismanaged, leaving us in serious danger of losing them forever. Policy solutions can help, but if you are so ignorant about what is really happening in the ocean that you believe that there are organisms that are half human and half fish, you’re almost certainly unaware of the important problems, much less how to solve them. Even if you don’t believe in mythical creatures, you may be unaware of the severity of the crises facing our oceans. Now that we’ve established that mermaids aren’t real, here are 5 other important things about the ocean that everyone should know.

1. The oceans are not inexhaustible, we’re currently overharvesting many resources, and the consequences can be disastrous.

According to the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization, 32 percent of all global fisheries are “overexploited, depleted, or recovering” and another 50 percent are fully exploited (as of 2010). Overfishing is the single greatest threat to the ocean environment, but this isn’t just an environmental problem. Fish are a critically important natural resource, with more than 3 billion people getting at least 15 percent of their protein from the ocean. Although human population growth is still increasing, we won’t be able to increase the amount of fish we’re taking from the ocean.*

2. Current fishing practices aren’t just problematic for the fish species we are trying to catch.

Most commercial fisheries don’t use a rod and reel, catching one fish at a time and throwing back what they don’t want (or aren’t allowed to sell). A single longline can be many miles long and have tens of thousands of baited hooks; purse seine nets can be miles across; and the largest trawl net on the market can fit several 747 airplanes in its opening. Bycatch, which occurs when fishermen catch animals swimming near their target catch, is unavoidable with fishing gear this large, but the problem can be unexpectedly severe. In some fisheries, 90 percent of the catch by weight is bycatch, which includes endangered sea turtles and sea birds as well as marine mammals. Some types of fishing, such as dynamite fishing and cyanide fishing, can heavily damage the environment. Dragging a heavy trawl net over the seafloor destroys countless fragile and ecologically important organisms, the equivalent of hunting for rabbits by bulldozing a forest and killing all the deer, birds, insects, and plants that live there. The FAO estimates that 7 million tons of bycatch are caught and discarded every year.

3. Just because a fish is from “the ocean” doesn’t mean you should release it in the nearest body of salt water.

Invasive species are non-native organisms released into a new region. In the case of invasive fish, they are often introduced by aquarium hobbyists who release a fish when it gets too big for its tank. Often, there are no predators in the new habitat capable of eating these newly introduced animals. Lionfish, native to the Indo-Pacific, are believed to have been introduced to the Atlantic coast of the United States by aquarium hobbyists in the last few decades. Lionfish have no native predators in the Atlantic, and non-native predators are often deterred by their venomous spines. A single female lionfish can release millions of eggs in a year, so it’s no surprise that lionfish are now found throughout the Caribbean and as far north as New York, and they are outcompeting or eating native, economically important fishes such as snapper and grouper.

4. Sharks aren’t a threat to you, they’re important, and they’re in trouble

The average American has only a 1 in 3,800,000 chance of being killed by a shark. You’re more likely to be killed by a lawnmower or a vending machine, and more likely to be bitten by a stranger on the subway. Like all predators, sharks help keep the ocean in balance by eating the sick, the weak, and the dying. However, sharks are suffering from overfishing more than most marine species, with 1 in 6 species of shark, skate, or ray (and 1 in 3 species of open ocean shark) considered “Threatened with Extinction” by the IUCN Red List.

5. Although mermaids don’t exist, the ocean is still full of wonder, and it needs your help!

What you do affects the ocean even if you live far away, and there’s a lot that you can do to help. Purchase sustainable seafood. Use reusable grocery bags instead of single-use plastic bags, which can choke sea turtles or sea birds. Support politicians who support ocean conservation, or encourage your current elected officials to support the ocean. Most importantly, ask your friends and family to do the same.

If I’ve ruined your sense of wonder about the oceans, don’t fret. The absence of mermaids certainly doesn’t mean that the oceans are boring. As deep sea ecologist Andrew David Thaler said, “Look, the ocean is a vast, unexplored frontier. The deep sea is Earth’s last great wilderness. When we do venture into the abyss, we find creatures more diverse and incredible that our relatively limited imaginations can conceive. Don’t insult that wonder with something as utterly mundane as ‘human with fish tail.’ ”

Several of my marine scientist colleagues and I subjected ourselves to three hours of fake mermaid documentaries, live-tweeting and correcting inaccuracies as we watched.

BY DAVID SHIFFMAN

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD Splash-church-agbasa (phyno Girl) / DOWNLOAD FULL ALBUM: Burna Boy – Outside / DOWNLOAD: Future – Mask Off (remix) Ft. Kendrick Lamar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.