Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,267 members, 7,815,442 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

Can I Install Mysql On My 2gb Ram Laptop - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Can I Install Mysql On My 2gb Ram Laptop (1094 Views)

Need Help On How To Use Sql And Mysql On VS CODE / How To Download And Install Mysql / Please How Do I Install Nulled Xenforo Script On My Hosting Server? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Install Mysql On My 2gb Ram Laptop by Onlysage: 7:02pm On Aug 29, 2021
Is it possible to install mysql on my 2gb ram laptop, I intend to learn how to use it.
What can you say about my decision?
Re: Can I Install Mysql On My 2gb Ram Laptop by Deasegun19(m): 7:58pm On Aug 29, 2021
Warning! Overload...may crash soon.
Re: Can I Install Mysql On My 2gb Ram Laptop by lordm(m): 8:56pm On Aug 29, 2021
Yes
Re: Can I Install Mysql On My 2gb Ram Laptop by Karleb(m): 8:57pm On Aug 29, 2021
Get Laragon.

The reason I am recommending Laragon and not Xampp or Wamp are:

It has a lite version.
It's UI is beautiful and easy to use not that ugly phpmyadmin UI that comes with xampp and Wamp.
You can also choose to not install some packages like PHP, Node etc, you can also Uninstall / delete some existing packages that comes with it.
It also offers similar Relational Databases like MariaDB, MySSQl and the likes.
It's also better than running SQL via the terminal or installing mysql itself. Mysql file is big and takes a lot of spaces, it also consumes lots of RAM and might take time to load especially on a 2gb computer.
Re: Can I Install Mysql On My 2gb Ram Laptop by etoluw: 10:04pm On Aug 29, 2021
Onlysage:
Is it possible to install mysql on my 2gb ram laptop, I intend to learn how to use it.
What can you say about my decision?

you can install it 2gb ram. MySQL no dey consume too much ram. The default setting is 512mb
Re: Can I Install Mysql On My 2gb Ram Laptop by Onlysage: 10:26pm On Aug 29, 2021
Karleb:
Get Laragon.

The reason I am recommending Laragon and not Xampp or Wamp are:

It has a lite version.
It's UI is beautiful and easy to use not that ugly phpmyadmin UI that comes with xampp and Wamp.
You can also choose to not install some packages like PHP, Node etc, you can also Uninstall / delete some existing packages that comes with it.
It also offers similar Relational Databases like MariaDB, MySSQl and the likes.
It's also better than running SQL via the terminal or installing mysql itself. Mysql file is big and takes a lot of spaces, it also consumes lots of RAM and might take time to load especially on a 2gb computer.
I really appreciate your comment.
Can i use laragon with python?
Re: Can I Install Mysql On My 2gb Ram Laptop by Onlysage: 10:27pm On Aug 29, 2021
Deasegun19:
Warning! Overload...may crash soon.
I am suspecting that too
Re: Can I Install Mysql On My 2gb Ram Laptop by Onlysage: 10:27pm On Aug 29, 2021
lordm:
Yes
Ok
Re: Can I Install Mysql On My 2gb Ram Laptop by Onlysage: 7:56am On Aug 30, 2021
Re: Can I Install Mysql On My 2gb Ram Laptop by tope6217: 1:59pm On Aug 30, 2021
If yr system health is ok u can run smoothly on yr system .I was using 2gb as a web developer b4 I brought another one ,even I run Android studio on it
Re: Can I Install Mysql On My 2gb Ram Laptop by Karleb(m): 9:53am On Aug 31, 2021
Onlysage:

I really appreciate your comment.
Can i use laragon with python?

Yes.
Re: Can I Install Mysql On My 2gb Ram Laptop by Onlysage: 11:22pm On Sep 07, 2021
Karleb:

Yes.
good

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Learn Programming / Java Programmers, Check This Simple Application And Evaluate It. / Lounge :: Web Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.