Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,328 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:53 AM

King Of Boys II Was Lit, But Charly Boy Remained A Boy - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / King Of Boys II Was Lit, But Charly Boy Remained A Boy (1910 Views)

King Of Boys: Kemi Adetiba Releases Sequel To Her Popular 2018 Movie / Kemi Adetiba Releases Documentary Teaser For King Of Boys Sequel (video) / ‘Up North’, ‘Lionheart’ & ‘King Of Boys’ For Hollywood Screening In US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

King Of Boys II Was Lit, But Charly Boy Remained A Boy by c2far: 7:15pm On Aug 29, 2021
You should watch Kemi Adetiba's new release. Like a number of Nigerians in this space, I can count the number of Nigerian movies I have seen. Every now and then, we find exceptional ones, KoB is one of such.

I was going to attempt a review, but not sure I can commit to that. I saw the movie this morning and all characters were a perfect fit, except one.

Oh! Sola Sobowale was in her full glory. Every line delivered with the brilliance of a thespian. Ade Tiger had the body movement, looks and feel you'll expect for one whose shoulder bore the responsibility he was given. Let's not talk about Nse, she is the engine that got the vehicle of KoB racing at top speed. Ajai-Lycett showed us what it means to be a bourgeoisie. She oozed it every inch of the way. Did you see how she got Nse to beg for it on her knees! Now that was a moment.

The script of KoB should be kept in a museum for generations to see what this black race is capable of. It should be a course in every serious institution of learning where department of theatre arts has residence.

Aare was it. That role showed the contradictions that the political class and system presents. Makanaki was too good he had to be resurrected to come back. But then, there was something wrong with his act, the energy did not match that of KoB 1. I may be wrong. How can I forget RMD? God bless his soul. The clergy per excellence whose past caught up with him in the hands of Eniola Badmus. He played the role perfectly. Sanctimonious, yet solicitating! What ever that means....

And then to the act that I think underperformed most. Charly Boy unknowingly betrayed what KoB stood for. Delivery. He wore the regalia. It fitted him. The rings also sat well on him. The crown for that role fell off his head. Each time he let out words, they fell flat. The words bounced on the screen like the feeble attempt of a one year old to mimic what the Ronaldo will do with a ball at a goal post. It felt like a boy who had been given the role of a man. I struggled to think of which Nollywood act will have bettered this. KoK may have been. It may however give the movie a different taste. No one orders for a Cognac and gets a Brandy instead. Maybe Pete Edochie, but then he will have been too old, and a little mechanical for that role. Maybe this was also the challenge for the production team. The good news is that they killed him. They shot the character of out existence. Even in dieing, he still did not die with the class befitting of the role he was assigned to play.

Okay, folks. This is not a review. Just the thoughts of one who watched for straight hours. Please do not attempt to find the film on some free hosting space online. Get on Netflix for 1,200 and let's support our own. It's the least we can do in a country where the Ministry of Culture and Tourism are possible led by men and women without a taste bud for the arts.

3 Likes

Re: King Of Boys II Was Lit, But Charly Boy Remained A Boy by aliyuthayo(m): 9:10pm On Aug 29, 2021
Makanaki's role was simply based on his resurrection. I think the writer is planning another episode or should we say Part 3, where we're going to see how Makanaki will rule his kingdom

1 Like

Re: King Of Boys II Was Lit, But Charly Boy Remained A Boy by adefitim(m): 9:18pm On Aug 29, 2021
If I know watch it make i bend
Re: King Of Boys II Was Lit, But Charly Boy Remained A Boy by MzQuadrey: 11:18pm On Sep 20, 2021
I am addicted to this storyline, I didn’t know this series was in the works when I mentioned Kemi Adetiba on twitter last year to ask for a series for King of Boys. I am in awe of the brilliance this movie franchise reeks of, I totally agree with the first writer all the way especially with Charlie boy and Makanaki.
Are you in love with Ade Tiger or what?! I mean he looked so much hotter at that last scene of handing over hmmmm!!! Please Kemi may you make enough money from this franchise so you can give us season 2 n 3 n 4 n till infinity.
Yours Ade Tigerly, Makanaki ii.
Re: King Of Boys II Was Lit, But Charly Boy Remained A Boy by abysirius(m): 8:29am On Oct 03, 2021
Surprised OP didn't mention Odogwu. Illbliss killed it and he's one of the characters that I think surpassed expectations.
Sola Shobowale, Nse, Aare and Ade Tiger no doubt stand out. Good script, good drama.
Re: King Of Boys II Was Lit, But Charly Boy Remained A Boy by Neddstark: 11:43am On Oct 03, 2021
@Op, go and watch foreign season films. I am not just talking American. See what the Koreans, Indians and South Americans are doing. I am not talking of effects or spending money. Look at the storyline and acting. When you do, your standards may rise. You will not gratify mediocrity.
I preferred the movie to the season that i had to fast-forward much of the time.

1 Like

Re: King Of Boys II Was Lit, But Charly Boy Remained A Boy by Decryptor(m): 12:34am On Oct 04, 2021
Neddstark:
@Op, go and watch foreign season films. I am not just talking American. See what the Koreans, Indians and South Americans are doing. I am not talking of effects or spending money. Look at the storyline and acting. When you do, your standards may rise. You will not gratify mediocrity.
I preferred the movie to the season that i had to fast-forward much of the time.

Gbam! I don't know why that King of Boys series was being over-hyped!

I watched it only to realize that it is nothing but a boring cinematic piece of crap!

1 Like

Re: King Of Boys II Was Lit, But Charly Boy Remained A Boy by Fyngal1(f): 12:57am On Oct 16, 2021
[quote author=c2far post=105299720]You should watch Kemi Adetiba's new release. Like a number of Nigerians in this space, I can count the number of Nigerian movies I have seen. Every now and then, we find exceptional ones, KoB is one of such.

I was going to attempt a review, but not sure I can commit to that. I saw the movie this morning and all characters were a perfect fit, except one.

Oh! Sola Sobowale was in her full glory. Every line delivered with the brilliance of a thespian. Ade Tiger had the body movement, looks and feel you'll expect for one whose shoulder bore the responsibility he was given. Let's not talk about Nse, she is the engine that got the vehicle of KoB racing at top speed. Ajai-Lycett showed us what it means to be a bourgeoisie. She oozed it every inch of the way. Did you see how she got Nse to beg for it on her knees! Now that was a moment.

The script of KoB should be kept in a museum for generations to see what this black race is capable of. It should be a course in every serious institution of learning where department of theatre arts has residence.

Aare was it. That role showed the contradictions that the political class and system presents. Makanaki was too good he had to be resurrected to come back. But then, there was something wrong with his act, the energy did not match that of KoB 1. I may be wrong. How can I forget RMD? God bless his soul. The clergy per excellence whose past caught up with him in the hands of Eniola Badmus. He played the role perfectly. Sanctimonious, yet solicitating! What ever that means....

And then to the act that I think underperformed most. Charly Boy unknowingly betrayed what KoB stood for. Delivery. He wore the regalia. It fitted him. The rings also sat well on him. The crown for that role fell off his head. Each time he let out words, they fell flat. The words bounced on the screen like the feeble attempt of a one year old to mimic what the Ronaldo will do with a ball at a goal post. It felt like a boy who had been given the role of a man. I struggled to think of which Nollywood act will have bettered this. KoK may have been. It may however give the movie a different taste. No one orders for a Cognac and gets a Brandy instead. Maybe Pete Edochie, but then he will have been too old, and a little mechanical for that role. Maybe this was also the challenge for the production team[b]. The good news is that they killed him. They shot the character of out existence. Even in dieing, he still did not die with the class befitting of the role he was assigned to play.[/b]

Okay, folks. This is not a review. Just the thoughts of one who watched for straight hours. Please do not attempt to find the film on some free hosting space online. Get on Netflix for 1,200 and let's support our own. It's the least we can do in a country where the Ministry of Culture and Tourism are possible led by men and women without a taste bud for the arts.

[.

(1) (Reply)

How Nigeria Crashed Ghana's Movie Industry. / My Honest Review About Tstv / Cuando Seas Mia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.