Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,298 members, 7,819,001 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

How I Inherited N350,000 NEPA Bill Debt In My New Lagos Apartment - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How I Inherited N350,000 NEPA Bill Debt In My New Lagos Apartment (633 Views)

N500K Electricity Bill Debt On Newly Purchased House. / Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan / 6 Struggles Of Owning A Tiny Lagos Apartment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Inherited N350,000 NEPA Bill Debt In My New Lagos Apartment by Realboygenius(m): 11:41am On Aug 30, 2021
I recently moved into an apartment around Ikorodu in Lagos few months ago after paying ridiculous agency+ commission fee which was almost 50% person of the house rent.

The annoy thing was the lie from the agent about the house not owning NEPA. He even assured me that the last tenant cleared all the bill before moving it and also that the landlord have already applied for a pre-paid meter.

After all my years staying I never thought I'll ever fall for a trap such as this. I totally fell of the crate cry

So last weekend I received a call from babe that came to chill, she told be that the light has been discontinued for an accumulated bill of 350,000 as claimed by NEPA officials. I almost had a mini heart attack hearing that and couldn't held in my anger. embarassed

The agent lied to a Lagos boy like me, this man even showed me a paper bill. I should have suspected but I was in need of that apartment and I fell easily for the scam.

Let me pause and cry. cry

Funny enough there's an app on my phone that I can use to check the outstanding arrears with just the account number but I trusted the agent. Now I don't have an option than to run generator when I'm back in Lagos till the issue is resolved.

My babe who came to spend the weekend can't put on a generator so she was forced to leave because she can't endure the heat.

Have been trying to get through to the agent but babad has stopped picking my calls.

The name of the app is IE Mobile App and I believe everyone should have it on their phone to avoid situation like my own.

I hope IKEDF pity my condition and resolve the issue faster. I can't do anything without power.

See my signature.

Cc lalasticlala, lawyer

Re: How I Inherited N350,000 NEPA Bill Debt In My New Lagos Apartment by GRACETOLIVE(f): 11:46am On Aug 30, 2021
Ok
Re: How I Inherited N350,000 NEPA Bill Debt In My New Lagos Apartment by Niswayne19: 11:54am On Aug 30, 2021
Wow thanks for this information. It happens to many houses here in Lagos. One needs to be careful
Re: How I Inherited N350,000 NEPA Bill Debt In My New Lagos Apartment by Yinksy09(m): 11:55am On Aug 30, 2021
That’s nice. Sometimes we find it hard to pay out Nepa bill plus the distance. Good to know we can now pay our bills with ease using the mobile app.
Re: How I Inherited N350,000 NEPA Bill Debt In My New Lagos Apartment by Ennyholar: 11:58am On Aug 30, 2021
Believe Lagos housing agents at your own risk. I'm sorry you had to experience that. The best thing you can do is to apply for your own Prepaid meter.
Re: How I Inherited N350,000 NEPA Bill Debt In My New Lagos Apartment by madridguy(m): 12:10pm On Aug 30, 2021
grin
Re: How I Inherited N350,000 NEPA Bill Debt In My New Lagos Apartment by Donald7610: 12:12pm On Aug 30, 2021
Not much problem
Just recharge and enjoy
Its installmental
Re: How I Inherited N350,000 NEPA Bill Debt In My New Lagos Apartment by koskilala: 12:40pm On Aug 30, 2021
which kind wahala come be this one, this is an issue that should be between the landlord and NEPA, e no suppose concern the tenant
Re: How I Inherited N350,000 NEPA Bill Debt In My New Lagos Apartment by paduzman: 12:43pm On Aug 30, 2021
dont be so sure to blame the agent, he might have been scammed by the last tenant too, remember, na Lagos you dey grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Inherited N350,000 NEPA Bill Debt In My New Lagos Apartment by Lagosfinder(m): 12:14am On Aug 31, 2021
This very common and popular on the mainland areas

The mainland agents are making even us the island agents bad
Re: How I Inherited N350,000 NEPA Bill Debt In My New Lagos Apartment by Realboygenius(m): 8:02am On Aug 31, 2021
Lagosfinder:
This very common and popular on the mainland areas

The mainland agents are making even us the island agents bad

Is there anything that can be done about this?
It's really worse on the mainland.
Re: How I Inherited N350,000 NEPA Bill Debt In My New Lagos Apartment by Lagosfinder(m): 8:30am On Aug 31, 2021
Realboygenius:

Is there anything that can be done about this?
It's really worse on the mainland.

Government enforcement can help on that

Like on the island, you hardly pay for inspection or over 10% agency fee

Except few scrupulous agents ask you

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Generator For Sale / What Do You Think About Wooden Houses In Nigeria? / Be An Independent RealtorAnd Be RICH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.