Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion (194 Views)

Perfect Religion: Why Do Some Pastors Emphasise Mala. 3:10 More Than James 1:27? / Brilliant Quotes on Religion By Thomas Paine And Robert Ingersoll. / A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Religion by Abujakenneth: 12:00pm On Aug 30, 2021
Good day guys. The moment I entered church last Sunday the spirit of God directed to Ecclesiastes 1:2. After reading the verse I asked myself does it mean that even my going to church is vanity since the Bible says "all". This is also repeated in verse 14 of the same chapter. Please who can throw more light to this?
Re: Religion by KnownUnknown: 12:09pm On Aug 30, 2021
Abujakenneth:
Good day guys. The moment I entered church last Sunday the spirit of God directed to Ecclesiastes 1:2. After reading the verse I asked myself does it mean that even my going to church is vanity since the Bible says "all". This is also repeated in verse 14 of the same chapter. Please who can throw more light to this?

It means exactly what it says. Saint, sinner, and the others are all heading for the grave. The person who wrote it didn’t sugarcoat anything. Even wisdom is ultimately useless. God, Jesus, commandments. All nonense
Re: Religion by Kobojunkie: 2:30pm On Aug 30, 2021
Abujakenneth:
Yes, your church going is vanity, meaninglessness, as it has nothing to do with that which God indeed commanded of you. undecided

Everything we do on this planet ends in the grave- when we die... only that which we do in submission to and obedience of the actual commandments that God has given to us, in our case through Jesus Christ, will survive the grave. undecided

(1) (Reply)

"Heal Me, O Lord, And I Shall Be Healed."..... / Applying the Solomon's solution in Babylon election contest (August 31 2021) / Sin Not Unto Death Explained - Emoji Devotions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.