Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,054 members, 7,810,942 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:56 PM

Taliban Celebratory Gunfire In Kabul As US Ends Mission In Afghanistan - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Taliban Celebratory Gunfire In Kabul As US Ends Mission In Afghanistan (33531 Views)

Several US Marines Killed In Kabul Airport Blast, US Official Says / Khalil Haqqani: Wanted Al Qaeda Terrorist With $5m Bounty Reappears In Kabul / Men In Kabul Mock Women After Taliban Takeover Of Afghanistan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Taliban Celebratory Gunfire In Kabul As US Ends Mission In Afghanistan by Loverboy3333: 11:02am On Aug 31, 2021
ruggedtimi:
grin grin military format

Bad guy grin
Re: Taliban Celebratory Gunfire In Kabul As US Ends Mission In Afghanistan by WaffenSS(m): 11:07am On Aug 31, 2021
Modrov:
And no it is not Biden or trump or anybody's fault but the Afghans

The Afghans have been offered the chance to live in a modern and secular country since the 1960s. And every time they said they preferred to live in the seventh century ad. With 15 wives and herds of 5000 goats for every man.

Them don make their bed, they must lie in it. The Americans have lost. And I hope they have learned a lesson too. If people don't want to live in the 25th century ad, but prefer the 25th century bce, leave them there. Na their right.

One day them go come crying.

I appreciate the Americans and Soviets and the local Afghan leaders from their last king to even Karzai who all tried to modernize them.But as we know dem no want. Let them enjoy their seventh century lifestyle. If countries like Iran and Pakistan where women are educated and science is promoted despite being Islamic societies cannot teach them sense , who will?
Let them enjoy their Taliban.

You're generalizing.

Majority of Afghans welcome the modernity you're talking of, and they welcomed the US.

The Taliban do not represent all of Afghanistan, they represent what's wrong with some islamists when they embrace the worst parts of religion and man's capacity for inhumanity.

Why do you think the people are swarming the airport clinging on to planes if not to flee the Taliban?
Re: Taliban Celebratory Gunfire In Kabul As US Ends Mission In Afghanistan by WaffenSS(m): 11:09am On Aug 31, 2021
floss:
Nigeria is becoming overpopulated likewise the entire world, struggle for survival at it's peak. The world needs to be kept on a balance, this is why unemployment rate is high, insecurity high, etc..

Most times when you see terrorism, banditry pandemic,war happening, they're just tools needed to reduce the overwhelming population

Thanos, is that you?

Re: Taliban Celebratory Gunfire In Kabul As US Ends Mission In Afghanistan by EndBuhariNow(m): 11:12am On Aug 31, 2021
Even war ravaged Afghanistan has 24/7 steady power supply unlike Nigeria that claims they have been enjoying peace since ages but canf produce more than 200mgw of electricity...

Dead Afghanistan is far better and developed than Nigeria
Re: Taliban Celebratory Gunfire In Kabul As US Ends Mission In Afghanistan by rottennaija(m): 11:13am On Aug 31, 2021
AbdulHakeem44:

But when they initiate the war, they shift the blame to a supposed group they tagged terrorist to make the world look those are the people who are wicked. Abeg, shey Osama bn laden na Taliban wet make America stay in Afghanistan after his death? If war is a business to america, then we shokdnt be surprised that they are the cause of major wars and not the peooek they use their media against.

They have always been. I wouldn't be surprised that they caused the covid19 pandemic, then shift the blame on China.
Re: Taliban Celebratory Gunfire In Kabul As US Ends Mission In Afghanistan by plenitude(m): 11:25am On Aug 31, 2021
Righteousness2:
Longest war Ends worse than what it was 20 years ago.
Longest war ends in Empowering the same terrorists you went against making them the Richest Terrorist in the world.

America under Joe Biden is as weak as Weakling!
Don't be Suprised to see China take Taiwan and Russia turning Ukraine to Belarus.

America has become one Nation against GOD.Turned its Back on GOD and GOD'S Chosen Nation. She is Drunk in Abominable Abominations, Sodomic Wickedness and Evils . She has become a mockery and Laughing stock.

I said here long ago that the Nations I pity is those that bank on the America of today. It is now clear for all to see.

America not seen among the Major Endtimes players in the Bible is not a mistake. It is because she is taken away.

America as we speak is Ravaged and Devastated by Flood, Hurricane , Drought and Fire all at the same time.

What is Coming on America is nothing compared to what is happening now.

I weep For America aka Nomerica.

For the People of God there, Don't be Afraid. GOD will Rescue His own out one way or the other. But as for the Nation America. Her cup is Full. She has crossed the Line.

Americans are more decent when it comes to immorality compared to their Europe counterparts
Re: Taliban Celebratory Gunfire In Kabul As US Ends Mission In Afghanistan by seyz91(m): 11:41am On Aug 31, 2021
cheesy
Unruly7:
Military work don cast

Re: Taliban Celebratory Gunfire In Kabul As US Ends Mission In Afghanistan by seyz91(m): 11:41am On Aug 31, 2021
cheesy
Loverboy3333:
Kudos anyway, the war in Afghanistan helped more Nigerians than anybody

If you know you know
Re: Taliban Celebratory Gunfire In Kabul As US Ends Mission In Afghanistan by seyz91(m): 11:48am On Aug 31, 2021
Confirm!

Can't be said any better
floss:
Nigeria is becoming overpopulated likewise the entire world, struggle for survival at it's peak. The world needs to be kept on a balance, this is why unemployment rate is high, insecurity high, etc..

Most times when you see terrorism, banditry pandemic,war happening, they're just tools needed to reduce the overwhelming population
Re: Taliban Celebratory Gunfire In Kabul As US Ends Mission In Afghanistan by Nobody: 11:49am On Aug 31, 2021
EndBuhariNow:
Even war ravaged Afghanistan has 24/7 steady power supply unlike Nigeria that claims they have been enjoying peace since ages but canf produce more than 200mgw of electricity...

Dead Afghanistan is far better and developed than Nigeria

That is just Kabul.

Outside Kabul, most of the country does not even have connection to their na tional grid.

On a good day, the peak demand for power is 750mw. Nigeria has a demand much much higher than that.

Generation is also at 600mw. Nigeria generates 7000mw. With a potential for higher.

Why we don't have light in Nigeria is partly because from the 1980s onward, governments at all level tried to connect every nook and cranny to the grid. Without improving generation or even checking if people had ability to pay for the power.
Re: Taliban Celebratory Gunfire In Kabul As US Ends Mission In Afghanistan by Nobody: 12:44pm On Aug 31, 2021
WaffenSS:

You're generalizing.

Majority of Afghans welcome the modernity you're talking of, and they welcomed the US.

The Taliban do not represent all of Afghanistan, they represent what's wrong with some islamists when they embrace the worst parts of religion and man's capacity for inhumanity.

Why do you think the people are swarming the airport clinging on to planes if not to flee the Taliban?

Yes i am generalizing.

But the thing is, all those people at the airport are there because they are either Afghans with foreign citizenship or permanent resident permits and most of the rest are Afghans who worked for the Americans and other foreign powers. Guys who know they would get shot by the Taliban as collaborators

And they are at the airport because their 300000 strong army could not fight off less than 70000 illiterate fanatics with rifles.

And because most of that army and most of their fellow citizens threw open the door for these 70000 illiterate fanatics with rifles.

At the end of the day you cannot be saying that you would fight the Taliban while so actively not doing so.

If after 20 years of training and weapons the Afghan army was not ready to fight, either they were lions scared of donkeys or they were willing accomplices.
Re: Taliban Celebratory Gunfire In Kabul As US Ends Mission In Afghanistan by Babalola0920: 1:09pm On Aug 31, 2021
Yeeyo:
Terrorism is a way of preaching in islam

Where you keep your head when Hillary Clinton dey talk MUMU, is hilary Clinton a MUSLIM christain are the enormity of humanity, they use media to cover up evil and blame it on ISLAM
Re: Taliban Celebratory Gunfire In Kabul As US Ends Mission In Afghanistan by Yeeyo: 1:19pm On Aug 31, 2021
Babalola0920:

Where you keep your head when Hillary Clinton dey talk MUMU, is hilary Clinton a MUSLIM christain are the enormity of humanity, they use media to cover up evil and blame it on ISLAM
u mumu why is it that every terrorist act in the world are always muslim, are they not using their brain? an average Muslim will always say boko haram, Fulani herdsmen, bandit, kidnapping are sponsored by American, France or England. what is wrong with ur brain.
Re: Taliban Celebratory Gunfire In Kabul As US Ends Mission In Afghanistan by Lovenorth: 1:29pm On Aug 31, 2021
RodgersAkpafu:

Which lesson?

The same Taliban that America drove out of power so swiftly and BEGGED to surrender in 2001?
Assuming the majority of the Afghans had the mindset of the South Koreans
The Taliban would have been wiped out
But the Americans and Brits were training soldiers who were not ready to fight
You mean they beg to surrender so that they would get more up-to-date weapons?

1 Like

Re: Taliban Celebratory Gunfire In Kabul As US Ends Mission In Afghanistan by RodgersAkpafu: 1:32pm On Aug 31, 2021
Lovenorth:

You mean they beg to surrender so that they would get more up-to-date weapons?
They begged to surrender in 2001
Re: Taliban Celebratory Gunfire In Kabul As US Ends Mission In Afghanistan by Lovenorth: 1:33pm On Aug 31, 2021
RodgersAkpafu:

They begged to surrender in 2001
To get up-to-date weapons in 2021 grin
Re: Taliban Celebratory Gunfire In Kabul As US Ends Mission In Afghanistan by Mikael0407(m): 1:34pm On Aug 31, 2021
Modrov:

Well, they said the same thing in 1975 when the US was hounded out of Vietnam in similar circumstances ( except that the South Vietnamese actually fought even with the denial of us support) , and the US still prevailed and grew stronger. Even outlawing their Soviet opponents

They also said the same thing about the British empire when they were driven out of Afghanistan in the 1840s. 60 years later the British empire was larger tha ever.

Back in ancient times, the Romans had their a double s handed over to them by the Germans and before them the Parthians. And the Roman empire lasted longer after that.

Empires don't just end like that. They slowly fade away. While I don't like being a prophet, I expect American hegemony to be dominant for a long time yet. Or wax and wane.

Well, yes I don't expect them to fade away overnight but I do think their influence is beginning to wane a bit.
I wrote something touching on this for my seminar in University, "the theory of imperial overreach or overstretch" it touched on the factors that make imperial powers lose their dominance over time and I think the U.S has been facing some of those for some time now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Taliban Celebratory Gunfire In Kabul As US Ends Mission In Afghanistan by piagetskinner(m): 2:45pm On Aug 31, 2021
Terrorism is a difficult enemy to expunge…

It’s more like a parasite that grows bigger and bigger.. because there are a lot of players who benefit largely from it
Re: Taliban Celebratory Gunfire In Kabul As US Ends Mission In Afghanistan by WaffenSS(m): 2:51pm On Aug 31, 2021
Modrov:

Yes i am generalizing.

But the thing is, all those people at the airport are there because they are either Afghans with foreign citizenship or permanent resident permits and most of the rest are Afghans who worked for the Americans and other foreign powers. Guys who know they would get shot by the Taliban as collaborators

And they are at the airport because their 300000 strong army could not fight off less than 70000 illiterate fanatics with rifles.

And because most of that army and most of their fellow citizens threw open the door for these 70000 illiterate fanatics with rifles.

At the end of the day you cannot be saying that you would fight the Taliban while so actively not doing so.

If after 20 years of training and weapons the Afghan army was not ready to fight, either they were lions scared of donkeys or they were willing accomplices.

US intelligence has confirmed that the 300k supposed afghan army strength was incorrect. The actual number is around 50k to 60k. Look it up.

You're also wrong that the masses thronged at the airport were all western collaborators. Many are ordinary citizens looking for a way out.

Hundreds of thousands are making the crossing by road to Pakistan. They're hardly in the news because the airport is the focal point, because that's where the western allies are at, and thus the nexus of the media blitz.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Taliban Celebratory Gunfire In Kabul As US Ends Mission In Afghanistan by dannielight(m): 4:01pm On Aug 31, 2021
On the flip side, America now has more sworn enemies after some of their allies could not make it out Afghanistan.

Taliban and ISIS-K has more people to indoctrinate and instigate against the States. So, in other words, small Osama Bin Ladens are born as a result of this evacuation and the cycle continues.

America did the best to save the situation having invested human and material resources over the past 20 years. But hey, everyone cannot be literally satisfied and in fact, America seldom be flawless. Regardless, God save us.
Re: Taliban Celebratory Gunfire In Kabul As US Ends Mission In Afghanistan by dannielight(m): 4:04pm On Aug 31, 2021
Righteousness2:
Longest war ends in Empowering the same terrorists you went against making them the Richest Terrorist in the world.

Don't be Suprised to see China take Taiwan and Russia turning Ukraine to Belarus.

America has become one Nation against GOD. Turned its Back on GOD and GOD'S Chosen Nation. She is Drunk in Abominable Abominations, Sodomic Wickedness and Evils . She has become a mockery and Laughing stock.

I said here long ago that the Nations I pity is those that bank on the America of today. It is now clear for all to see.

America not seen among the Major Endtimes players in the Bible is not a mistake. It is because she is taken away.

America as we speak is Ravaged and Devastated by Flood, Hurricane , Drought and Fire all at the same time.

For the People of God there, Don't be Afraid. GOD will Rescue His own out one way or the other. But as for the Nation America. Her cup is Full. She has crossed the Line.

On the flip side, America now has more sworn enemies after some of their allies could not make it out Afghanistan.

Taliban and ISIS-K has more people to indoctrinate and instigate against the States. So, in other words, small Osama Bin Ladens are born as a result of this evacuation and the cycle continues.

America did the best to save the situation having invested human and material resources over the past 20 years. But hey, everyone cannot be literally satisfied and in fact, America seldom be flawless. Regardless, God save us.
Re: Taliban Celebratory Gunfire In Kabul As US Ends Mission In Afghanistan by Roland17(m): 4:27pm On Aug 31, 2021
Righteousness2:

America has become one Nation against GOD. Turned its Back on GOD and GOD'S Chosen Nation. She is Drunk in Abominable Abominations, Sodomic Wickedness and Evils . She has become a mockery and Laughing stock.

America became all of these only after you MCM and Orange man got the L from us!

You can continue your ill conceived hate for America in a country your MCM described as "Shithole".
Re: Taliban Celebratory Gunfire In Kabul As US Ends Mission In Afghanistan by okey4reel(m): 6:15pm On Aug 31, 2021
Righteousness2:

Too bad
Re: Taliban Celebratory Gunfire In Kabul As US Ends Mission In Afghanistan by Brown2012: 10:17pm On Aug 31, 2021
Righteousness2:

Have you been to America before or you are just judging from what you read and hear from the media? Just asking though
Re: Taliban Celebratory Gunfire In Kabul As US Ends Mission In Afghanistan by victons(m): 3:39pm On Sep 01, 2021
Their NEPA is even more efficient.
Re: Taliban Celebratory Gunfire In Kabul As US Ends Mission In Afghanistan by Babalola0920: 12:26am On Sep 05, 2021
Yeeyo:
u mumu why is it that every terrorist act in the world are always muslim, are they not using their brain? an average Muslim will always say boko haram, Fulani herdsmen, bandit, kidnapping are sponsored by American, France or England. what is wrong with ur brain.

They aren't MUSLIM for your information they only been paid to shout your name at the mid of the night in your street, now come out in the morning to defend you didn't know the people calling your name out at the middle of the night

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Vladimir Putin Set ‘to Declare All-out War On Ukraine In Days' / Pennsylvania Judge Blocks State From Certifying Election Results / US Drones To Bomb Northern Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.