Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

"It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - Uk-based Woman - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - Uk-based Woman (45707 Views)

Ebonyi Airport: Two Months Gone, No Airline Has Landed There: Pictures / Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) / Pls Which Country Can I Travel To With ₦1.5 Million To Hustle? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - Uk-based Woman by VTJN(m): 11:41am On Aug 31, 2021
Drmkast:

BABA PEOPLE DEY DIE OF HUNGER OOO NO SAY THAT OO..NO B NAIJA WE DEY SOME CANT EVEN AFFORD 1 DOLLAR MEAL PER DAY
I myself i can't afford a dollar food per day

Though hunger doesn't necessarily kill directly per say. But not eating healthily kills

Malnutrition had been a leading factor of death in Nigeria, especially children under age 5

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - Uk-based Woman by Benresmy(m): 11:44am On Aug 31, 2021
BlueOrion:
Na people five years salary you spend in two months so
Mad ooo grin grin grin

Finally made FTC!!
Re: "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - Uk-based Woman by Enn214(m): 11:44am On Aug 31, 2021
That one na rentage take 50%.. maybe she go lodge for V/I , go their markets, get their nepa bills, come dey complain..moreover, she fit no understand how to spend less based on exchange rate
Next time go stay for egbeda
Re: "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - Uk-based Woman by Limassol(m): 11:49am On Aug 31, 2021
[quoteauthor=Iamolukorede post=105346468]I read loads of comment here and I smile, life in UK is outrightly diff from what we have here. I have worked and live outside Nigeria and I can relate to op submissions.

Many of you here saying trash dunno what it takes to stay alive in this jungle called Nigeria and yet non of you have ever stepped/traveled out of Nigeria for once and so for her spending up to that amount might sound strange to many.

It is not time we pause and stand to restructure this country ?.. or is this how we will continue with this failures by this incumbents and previous administration, that no election come 2023 until we restructure this zoo. However, the youth is the vast majority that can savage this country but yet the youth aren't ready yet, rather chasing fast life cars, money and woman tueh ..

The problems of Nigeria are Nigerian's and her solutions is right here in Nigeria. If you know you know.[/quote]My brother what more do you want us to do? We protest we got brutalised.

2 Likes

Re: "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - Uk-based Woman by rickyboss333: 11:51am On Aug 31, 2021
In my own opinion, I think when she said food, she meant including highness, or should I say especially the highness
Re: "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - Uk-based Woman by rickyboss333: 11:51am On Aug 31, 2021
In my own opinion, I think when she said food, she meant including the highness, or should I say especially the highness. She simply categorized everything as food.
Re: "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - Uk-based Woman by leosahm(m): 11:52am On Aug 31, 2021
slowice:
That's is why we only eat garri and soup, rice and beans then spag and indomie. As a Nigerian, you can't afford daily balance diet(proper meals) for a family of 6 even if you earn a million monthly. You will definitely go bankrupt.

The worst is someone will still be shouting sai barber after drinking garri without sugar. Suffering and smiling people full dis country.

Some certify odes are already packaging atiku and Tinubu for next election. Imagine the stupidity?

damn niggar
issoright...
it'll be well soon
Re: "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - Uk-based Woman by Youngminister(m): 11:53am On Aug 31, 2021
I spend more than that in one month
Re: "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - Uk-based Woman by cococandy(f): 11:57am On Aug 31, 2021
InvertedHammer:

/
Staying in a hotel for 2 months.

And if she didn't, I will really like to know what she spent the N2.5m on in two months. N2.5m in two months is relatively on the high side. How many families considered comfortable in Nigeria are living such life?

/

Yea staying in a hotel (if it’s a good one) might be considered extravagant.

My point is that what we consider “comfortable” in Nigeria could just be bare minimum in other places. So was it truly truly extravagant or was she trying to live at a standard that the rest of the world considers fairly normal.
Between rent/lease in a good and safe neighborhood, transportation, uninterrupted power supply and nutritious meals, she could spend close to that much before adding miscellaneous expenses

Yes, I would also love to see a break down of how she spent the money. I’m interested in knowing the true state of things right now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - Uk-based Woman by cococandy(f): 11:59am On Aug 31, 2021
Enn214:
That one na rentage take 50%.. maybe she go lodge for V/I , go their markets, get their nepa bills, come dey complain..moreover, she fit no understand how to spend less based on exchange rate
Next time go stay for egbeda
and what if she did? Is that area not part of Nigeria?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - Uk-based Woman by hollywater: 12:01pm On Aug 31, 2021
Me I spent 3.8m in my last visit. 472k went to police alone. Very useless Police. Just because my car was not numbered. Hotel and runs girls added to my problem.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - Uk-based Woman by obailala(m): 12:02pm On Aug 31, 2021
MrCover:
Update From . COM

A UK-based Twitter user who visited Nigeria took to Twitter to share her experience in the country.

She said she spent 2.5 million Naira in two months, adding that "food is the most expensive commodity in Nigeria".

She then goes on to say her heart bleeds for the poor in Nigeria.

Her tweet reads: "Just got back from Nigeria and I can tell you now, 1m can not do much , It cost me N2.5m to live in Nigeria for two months. Food is the most expensive commodity in Nigeria , my heart bleeds for the poor every time I go food shopping it is heart breaking."
I can totally relate to this. Got into Nigeria few weeks ago, didnt even stay at a hotel, but after basic necessary expenses for the first week, my account was down by N254,000, in 7 days... I've refused to check my account balance since then. Every meal costs between 4 - 7k... Very disturbing! Hopefully things are better outside Lagos.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - Uk-based Woman by obailala(m): 12:03pm On Aug 31, 2021
hollywater:
Me I spent 3.8m in my last visit. 472k went to police alone. Very useless Police. Just because my car was not numbered. Hotel and runs girls added to my problem.
grin grin

Hotel costs these days na wa. 20k cant even get one a decent hotel bed in Lagos. And then everywhere one turns, na runsgirls ! lipsrsealed undecided

3 Likes

Re: "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - Uk-based Woman by kokoboy4life(m): 12:05pm On Aug 31, 2021
RALPHOW:
That does not include Children School fees, which is the most expensive part of living cost in Nigeria.
To be comfortable in Nigeria, you must earn minimum 2M a month.

That mean 99% of Nigerians aren’t comfortable then

1 Like

Re: "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - Uk-based Woman by Oracleforce: 12:05pm On Aug 31, 2021
SonOfAfonja:

You’re an idiot, she should stay in a substandard hotel and get kidnapped eh?

All your lineage are idiots..it is only a fool that respond to comments that he doesn't have full detail about...
.we have some oyinbo staying in Ilupeju, Gbagada, Apapa,, Ikeja, Ikoyi, etc..

Since you never live in any peaceful area in your life then you think all areas are the same except for a few heavily guarded areas...
Re: "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - Uk-based Woman by Limassol(m): 12:07pm On Aug 31, 2021
cococandy:

Yea staying in a hotel (if it’s a good one) might be considered extravagant.

My point is that what we consider “comfortable” in Nigeria could just be bare minimum in other places. So was it truly truly extravagant or was she trying to live at a standard that the rest of the world considers fairly normal.
Between rent/lease in a good and safe neighborhood, transportation, uninterrupted power supply and nutritious meals, she could spend close to that much before adding miscellaneous expenses

Yes, I would also love to see a break down of how she spent the money. I’m interested in knowing the true state of things right now.
Due to the hardship in Nigeria,many interpret the word "comfort" to extravagnce.

2 Likes

Re: "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - Uk-based Woman by TomShelby: 12:13pm On Aug 31, 2021
Sunnybay7:
If you didn't have up to 2.5milli you would have still survived, nobody has actually died of hunger in this country. They might not eat what they like but I have not heard of death as a result of hunger so please tone down your lies.

She said ‘LIVE’ and not ‘survive’ Many Nigerians are just surviving and not living life

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - Uk-based Woman by aribisala0(m): 12:14pm On Aug 31, 2021
kokoboy4life:

That mean 99% of Nigerians aren’t comfortable then
Are they comfortable?
Re: "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - Uk-based Woman by Majestickris7: 12:15pm On Aug 31, 2021
Yes oo, just myself, As if u know those ones you mentioned ain't included sef...

Things have really changed...

AlhajiBitcoin:

I guess it's just yourself alone otherwise hmm.

That N50k is just basic food for one person, without wine, juice and other additions.
Re: "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - Uk-based Woman by UncleJudax(m): 12:16pm On Aug 31, 2021
slowice:
That's is why we only eat garri and soup, rice and beans then spag and indomie. As a Nigerian, you can't afford daily balance diet(proper meals) for a family of 6 even if you earn a million monthly. You will definitely go bankrupt.

The worst is someone will still be shouting sai barber after drinking garri without sugar. Suffering and smiling people full dis country.

Some certify odes are already packaging atiku and Tinubu for next election. Imagine the stupidity?
on your last sentence. The odes are paid and also hope to be in the new government to steal more. So, since politics is the highest paying job in the land, why not.

1 Like

Re: "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - Uk-based Woman by UncleJudax(m): 12:18pm On Aug 31, 2021
Sunnybay7:
If you didn't have up to 2.5milli you would have still survived, nobody has actually died of hunger in this country. They might not eat what they like but I have not heard of death as a result of hunger so please tone down your lies.
Lol. Others de live you de survive. continue.
I surprise say you no talk say God de provide for una. grin
Re: "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - Uk-based Woman by WeNoGoDie(m): 12:23pm On Aug 31, 2021
Timmi:

Just think for a minute, how can she spend that much in two months. Instead of blaming government for everyone’s opinion, why not think for a minute and question of that is even possible. People exaggerate and say things to make a point. An opinion is just tha and everyone has one.

She spent according to her personal standard of living. She knows what she used to spend formerly before now else she won't complain.

I am in Nigeria and I know what I used to spend before and what I spend now.

Generally we all know how much things used to cost before this regime and how much they cost now.

Its that simple Oga.

2 Likes

Re: "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - Uk-based Woman by UncleJudax(m): 12:25pm On Aug 31, 2021
Kingcalls:
No b lie...I hv spent 1.8m in 2 months as well....our money no get value anymore... and it will only get worse
the money no get value, even in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - Uk-based Woman by slowice(m): 12:28pm On Aug 31, 2021
Limassol:
Most Nigerians are malnourished, but they don't know that.

True, I say 80% of Nigerians are malnourished... Could even be more, you may not know this unless you have relatives based abroad then you see the 6yr old and compare with yours or kids around from families that are doing well by Nigeria standard of course.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - Uk-based Woman by Ykc2(m): 12:29pm On Aug 31, 2021
Lateefadewale:

You dey mind her? Money wey people dey use become something naim she blow like that so. Poverty bad sha!
she's telling you the reality if you like believe it if you like don't believe na your headache, I hope your not expecting her to sleep without light or drinking garri? Or you expect her to eat without meat ?or not buying thing for her love ones in nigeria?2.5million davido and his friend dey spend a day for quilox night club?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - Uk-based Woman by MrReeseG(m): 12:31pm On Aug 31, 2021
phr0nesis:
As it is now, there is nothing like 3 square meal in my Dictionary. Na 1 0 1 I don de since January 2021

Me na since the past 2 years now I don dey 1-0-1

1 Like

Re: "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - Uk-based Woman by IdreamOfUnicorn(f): 12:43pm On Aug 31, 2021
bravehost4u:
Hotel bill #25,000 × 60days = #1.5m
Feeding in hotel= #2,500 per meal × 3 Square meal × 60 days = #0.45m
Logistics and other expenses = #0.55m
Total= #2.5m

That is some people 3 years salary and dem still dey ok...

#itiswhatitis
Re: "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - Uk-based Woman by somehow: 12:46pm On Aug 31, 2021
Limassol:
Say what you know bro.... It is a fact that garri has little to no nutritional value. Besides, the lady in question never said she spent whole 2.5m on food, but on her total 2 month stay in Nigeria which is understandable. PLEASE LEARN TO COMPREHEND BEFORE COMMENTING!
You're the one saying what you don't know.

But I don't want to waste my time.

See someone saying garri has little or no 'nutritional' value.

I don't want to waste my time further.
Re: "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - Uk-based Woman by Newboss(m): 12:47pm On Aug 31, 2021
She no get sense. They don scam am tired. Olodo
Re: "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - Uk-based Woman by chris51(f): 12:49pm On Aug 31, 2021
Sunnybay7:

Don't mind her.
How is cost of living in the UK?

1 Like

Re: "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - Uk-based Woman by chris51(f): 12:49pm On Aug 31, 2021
chris51:

Don't mind her.
How is cost of living in the UK?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Head Of Goat That Caused Accident In Anambra Was Cut Off (Photos) / Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) / Can I Travel From Lagos To Us By Sea?how Much?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.