Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,028 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:58 PM

"It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - UK-Based Woman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - UK-Based Woman (1546 Views)

Reno Omokri Abandons Wife In America, Welcomes Baby With UK Based Lover- THEWILL / Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition / Nnamdi Kanu; UK Based Nigerian Man Shares Intimate Picture With Wife On Bed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - UK-Based Woman by ebukajay184: 8:21am On Aug 31, 2021
A UK-based Twitter user who visited Nigeria took to Twitter to share her experience in the country, IgbereTV reports.

She said she spent 2.5 million Naira in two months, adding that "food is the most expensive commodity in Nigeria".

She wrote:

"Just got back from Nigeria and I can tell you now, 1m can not do much , It cost me N2.5m to live in Nigeria for two months. Food is the most expensive commodity in Nigeria , my heart bleeds for the poor every time I go food shopping it is heart breaking."

https://igberetvnews.com/1399238/cost-n2-5-million-live-nigeria-two-months-uk-based-woman/

Lalasticlala

Re: "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - UK-Based Woman by ivolt: 8:22am On Aug 31, 2021
We know what she spent her money on and it is definitely not food.

5 Likes

Re: "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - UK-Based Woman by saheedbadmus(m): 8:25am On Aug 31, 2021
Definitely owanbe..UK pep too love party so na different aso ebi dem dey buy ...
ivolt:
We know what she spends her money on and it is definitely not food.
Re: "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - UK-Based Woman by Nobody: 8:27am On Aug 31, 2021
Where for 9ja
Re: "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - UK-Based Woman by Flier: 8:27am On Aug 31, 2021
She probably acquired expensive short let apartment and buy food from scammers but come to think of it,that money isn’t too much
Some Nigerians spends more than that per month

2 Likes

Re: "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - UK-Based Woman by Offpointng: 8:35am On Aug 31, 2021
I cannot ascertain for true if she's right or wrong but the only reason why she can say something like this is when you mix two different sect of muds together expecting to spark some electricity an high voltage should not be expected as we all know food and stone must be separated if we're to find a feather in a book
Re: "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - UK-Based Woman by Kayberg: 8:35am On Aug 31, 2021
Compared to those earning ₦18,500.00k monthly, asking for increment to ₦30,000.00k, but still couldn't get it...
Nigeria is under curse abeg.

2 Likes

Re: "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - UK-Based Woman by 1billi(m): 8:35am On Aug 31, 2021
Them don run this one street lolzzz grin..omo time no dey do what you have to do and make that Benjamin's bro
Re: "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - UK-Based Woman by Mutemenot(m): 8:38am On Aug 31, 2021
to live normal normal life here isn't achievable for salary earner ..i honestly pity 100k salary earner
Re: "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - UK-Based Woman by Omihanifa: 8:41am On Aug 31, 2021
Maybe she was busy spending her money feeding orphanages and the likes
Re: "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - UK-Based Woman by DSC7: 8:43am On Aug 31, 2021
This one wan use Naija chase clout.....

My dear things cost but e never reach to burn 2.5m within 2months.......

Abi u dey spend more than 35k daily?
Re: "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - UK-Based Woman by xpressionx(m): 8:47am On Aug 31, 2021
grin
Re: "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - UK-Based Woman by Aboks(m): 8:58am On Aug 31, 2021
I smell lies
Re: "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - UK-Based Woman by inoki247: 9:05am On Aug 31, 2021
lol unless say na Quilox u go dey buy food from...

Cos as Shoprite thing cost reach if u carry 2 million enta dere store u will buy food nd foodstuff wey go last u for lik 10 years.

1 Like

Re: "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - UK-Based Woman by Nobody: 9:05am On Aug 31, 2021
saheedbadmus:
Definitely owanbe..UK pep too love party so na different aso ebi dem dey buy ...

And you Nigerians love gossiping, talking without thinking and making generalisations you can never substantiate.

The lady is making a statement of fact and you are busy attempting to discredit her when you do not know her and cannot even argue with the message in your effort to rush and discredit the messenger.

Is she wrong to insist food is very expensive in Nigeria commensurate with the spending power or pocket of the average Nigerian? What she wrote, below, is 100% valid and would be the consideration of any decent and compassionate person who appreciates how Nigerians are suffering.

In Nigeria foodstuff like eggs, chicken fish, Beaf, rice, cooking oil, tinned food etc cost virtually the same as they do in the UK yet average income of the two nations is millions of miles apart. It is criminal. We are a nation doing everything to cause our own failure, drain hope, push Nigerians toward criminality and frustrate our ordinary citizens.

my heart bleeds for the poor every time I go food shopping it is heart breaking.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - UK-Based Woman by otokx(m): 9:08am On Aug 31, 2021
Some lies strong pass Dangote cement.
Re: "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - UK-Based Woman by Nobody: 9:17am On Aug 31, 2021
Aboks:
I smell lies

What lies? As a random example, fresh chicken in a Nigerian and UK supermarket cost virtually the same amount.

Is this lady not right to find Nigeria very expensive when most Nigerians earn less than 70k Naira a month, equivalent to £100.00 pounds sterling, while most Brits take home no less than £900.00 home per month?

You have to remember she may be Nigeria with family members, like kids, and they woul likely be eating quality food during their stay in Nigeria, as they would do in the UK, and not drinking garri and groundnut as most Nigerians have no option but to settle for.

The general premise of her point is valid and sad.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - UK-Based Woman by Freestainworld(m): 9:20am On Aug 31, 2021
Maybe she spent the money eating only Dick
Re: "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - UK-Based Woman by gasparpisciotta: 9:22am On Aug 31, 2021
Most of her expenses will be on accommodation, eating in restaurants, transportation...and hand outs!!!
Re: "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - UK-Based Woman by Abee79(m): 9:30am On Aug 31, 2021
God! Please show me why you sent me to Nigeria instead of other countries that have sense! embarassed
Re: "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - UK-Based Woman by Perfectbeing(m): 9:32am On Aug 31, 2021
In other words, she's saying that she spent an average of N41,667 daily. How much percent was she spending on food from that amount?
Re: "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - UK-Based Woman by Nobody: 9:35am On Aug 31, 2021
otokx:
Some lies strong pass Dangote cement.

She never said she spent the whole amount quoted on food. She said she spent N2.5m living in Nigeria, for two months, with food being her most expensive outlay.

Her point is valid and one I can identify with. Runaway inflation, especially over the past two years, has now made quality food items very expensive and unaffordable for most Nigerians.

"Just got back from Nigeria and I can tell you now, 1m can not do much , It cost me N2.5m to live in Nigeria for two months. Food is the most expensive commodity in Nigeria , my heart bleeds for the poor every time I go food shopping it is heart breaking."

2 Likes

Re: "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - UK-Based Woman by Nobody: 9:39am On Aug 31, 2021
DSC7:
This one wan use Naija chase clout.....

My dear things cost but e never reach to burn 2.5m within 2months.......

Abi u dey spend more than 35k daily?

Nigeria today can drain you beyond 35k daily and you wont still see anything tangible to have done with the money.

- Take her apartment to be 15k/night (almost impossible modest room)
- Transport - 7k (minimal movement)
- Food - 8k (3 square Average restaurant)
- Recharge card and data - 2k (Foreign based)
- Misc and PR - 5k (utilities and tips)
- Social activities - 3k (Average)

That's 40k already.. Inflation is crazy in this country.

3 Likes

Re: "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - UK-Based Woman by Nobody: 9:43am On Aug 31, 2021
Perfectbeing:
In other words, she's saying that she spent an average of N41,667 daily. How much percent was she spending on food from that amount?

Bro, inflation is crazy in Nigeria these days for anyone tracking it. Average uber taxi ride from Island to mainland these days is like 5k one way.

Some essential goods have increased more than 100% in price in under a year whereas salary of most Nigerians remain static over the same period putting real pressure on millions of households.

If she is here with kids then not unreasonable amount to justify for food, transport, entertainment etc.

1 Like

Re: "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - UK-Based Woman by Nobody: 9:52am On Aug 31, 2021
gasparpisciotta:
Most of her expenses will be on accommodation, eating in restaurants, transportation...and hand outs!!!

Yes. If one thinks that buying lunch for 4 people in Mega chicken, Mr Biggs, or the average Nigerian fast food restaurant, can cost 10k then that makes food very expensive in Nigeria as an exponent of what the average Nigerian earn as take home pay.

10k is a third of the monthly Nigerian minimum wage salary of 30k.There is no control over inflation at all in Nigeria and no effort to make essential goods more affordable considering what the average Nigerian earns.
Re: "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - UK-Based Woman by juman(m): 9:56am On Aug 31, 2021
She may be saying the truth.
May be She patronize highbrow restaurants, salon and co.
She might be upper class level.
Re: "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - UK-Based Woman by gasparpisciotta: 10:07am On Aug 31, 2021
Grayoso:

Yes. If one thinks that buying lunch for 4 people in Mega chicken, Mr Biggs, or the average Nigerian fast food restaurant, can cost 10k then that makes food very expensive in Nigeria as an exponent of what the average Nigerian earn as take home pay.

10k is a third of the monthly Nigerian minimum wage salary of 30k.There is no control over inflation at all in Nigeria and no effort to make essential goods more affordable considering what the average Nigerian earns.

The political and financial elites are running this country aground
Re: "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - UK-Based Woman by Nobody: 10:09am On Aug 31, 2021
juman:
She may be saying the truth.
May be She patronize highbrow restaurants, salon and co.
She might be upper class level.

Maybe not even highbrow. I can spend 10k on me, my driver and 2 or so associates just grabbing a quick lunch in any one of Nigeria's fast food restaurant. Those places are not supposed to be so expensive as to be unaffordable for the ordinary Nigerian. It is not like that where the lady is coming from.

That is one of the things that most likely made the lady conclude that food is expensive in Nigeria. In the UK and USA, low income earners can still eat at KFC , Mcdonalds and their other fast food restaurants.

Not so Nigeria and this means Nigeria is unfairly expensive for majority of her citizens.

2 Likes

Re: "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - UK-Based Woman by Nobody: 10:14am On Aug 31, 2021
gasparpisciotta:

The political and financial elites are running this country aground

Totally agree. Unchecked and ungodly greed is destroying Nigeria. How is it justifiable for majority of people in a nation not to be able to afford quality food?

That situation, along with crazy inflation rates, would worry policy makers seriously in most responsible nations of the world.

1 Like

Re: "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - UK-Based Woman by Perfectbeing(m): 10:30am On Aug 31, 2021
Grayoso:

Bro, inflation is crazy in Nigeria these days for anyone tracking it. Average uber taxi ride from Island to mainland these days is like 5k one way.

Some essential goods have increased more than 100% in price in under a year whereas salary of most Nigerians remain static over the same period putting real pressure on millions of households.

If she is here with kids then not unreasonable amount to justify for food, transport, entertainment etc.
Ok
Re: "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - UK-Based Woman by McStoic(m): 10:36am On Aug 31, 2021
ebukajay184:
A UK-based Twitter user who visited Nigeria took to Twitter to share her experience in the country, IgbereTV reports.

She said she spent 2.5 million Naira in two months, adding that "food is the most expensive commodity in Nigeria".

She wrote:

https://igberetvnews.com/1399238/cost-n2-5-million-live-nigeria-two-months-uk-based-woman/

Lalasticlala

Tell it. That's why I always believe that any person who can survive in Nigeria can survive abroad; USA, UK, Canada etc. In an environment where clothing, feeding, shelter, electricity and other basic necessities are already provided or easy to access, it will be criminal for a Nigerian who succeeded in going over there not to succeed.
Re: "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - UK-Based Woman by otokx(m): 10:52am On Aug 31, 2021
Grayoso:

Maybe not even highbrow. I can spend 10k on me, my driver and 2 or so associates just grabbing a quick lunch in any one of Nigeria's fast food restaurant. Those places are not supposed to be so expensive as to be unaffordable for the ordinary Nigerian. It is not like that where the lady is coming from.

That is one of the things that most likely made the lady conclude that food is expensive in Nigeria. In the UK and USA, low income earners can still eat at KFC , Mcdonalds and their other fast food restaurants.

Not so Nigeria and this means Nigeria is unfairly expensive for majority of her citizens.

Bukka nko, it is not by air conditioning.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sign Of A Confused Woman(photo) / Why Peter Obi Needs To Associate More Towards North/muslims / Atiku Under Pressure To Move Against Wike, Loyalists’ Candidates – Metuh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.