Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

"It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - UK-Based Woman - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - UK-Based Woman (1554 Views)

Reno Omokri Abandons Wife In America, Welcomes Baby With UK Based Lover- THEWILL / Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition / Nnamdi Kanu; UK Based Nigerian Man Shares Intimate Picture With Wife On Bed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - UK-Based Woman by DSC7: 11:08am On Aug 31, 2021
Esseite:

Nigeria today can drain you beyond 35k daily and you wont still see anything tangible to have done with the money.

- Take her apartment to be 15k/night (almost impossible modest room)
- Transport - 7k (minimal movement)
- Food - 8k (3 square Average restaurant)
- Recharge card and data - 2k (Foreign based)
- Misc and PR - 5k (utilities and tips)
- Social activities - 3k (Average)

That's 40k already.. Inflation is crazy in this country.

Well i quite agree with you...

But those expenses won't be on daily basis nah.....
Re: "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - UK-Based Woman by Anazp: 11:46am On Aug 31, 2021
Grayoso:

And you Nigerians love gossiping, talking without thinking and making generalisations you can never substantiate.

The lady is making a statement of fact and you are busy attempting to discredit her when you do not know her and cannot even argue with the message in your effort to rush and discredit the messenger.

Is she wrong to insist food is very expensive in Nigeria commensurate with the spending power or pocket of the average Nigerian? What she wrote, below, is 100% valid and would be the consideration of any decent and compassionate person who appreciates how Nigerians are suffering.

In Nigeria foodstuff like eggs, chicken fish, Beaf, rice, cooking oil, tinned food etc cost virtually the same as they do in the UK yet average income of the two nations is millions of miles apart. It is criminal. We are a nation doing everything to cause our own failure, drain hope, push Nigerians toward criminality and frustrate our ordinary citizens.

keep eating your cheap food in the UK created for the poor masses. Does the queen or her family eat the food sold in UK supermarket s? Never. 24% of UK supermarket chicken samples tested positive for antibiotic resistant E-coli. You eating poison. Yes you can get a kilo of chicken at Tesco for 4 pounds but bro it's all poison. No wonder cancer is heavily prevalent in Europe and America
Re: "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - UK-Based Woman by Nobody: 12:12pm On Aug 31, 2021
Anazp:
keep eating your cheap food in the UK created for the poor masses. Does the queen or her family eat the food sold in UK supermarket s? Never. 24% of UK supermarket chicken samples tested positive for antibiotic resistant E-coli. You eating poison. Yes you can get a kilo of chicken at Tesco for 4 pounds but bro it's all poison. No wonder cancer is heavily prevalent in Europe and America

My point is that it is not okay for food to be so prohibitively expensive commensurate to the pockets of most Nigerians.

Leaders should do more to change that horrid status quo. Forget that they are eating genetically modified Chicken in the UK. That is not our concern as Nigerians.

Our focus should be on how to streamline processes so that per capita income increase and livestock/food crop farmers are aided to efficiently and cost-effectively produce food most Nigerians can afford.

The overaching issue is that Nigeria has no local control or influence over our own inflation rate and socio-economic reality because we have created an undiversified, import-dependent and oil-reliant economy totally at the mercy of dollar/pounds exchange rate and fluctuating International oil prices.

It is criminal for that reality, that has endured for decades, to still be our fate today. We have a large labour force, arable land, water sources for irrigation, sunshine and many natural endowment that mean we should be able to produce livestock and food crop cheaper than we are doing for local consumption and even to export profitably.

Thats what we should be looking at. If we had embraced modern cattle ranching practises, as seen worldwide, Nigeria should be a major universal exporter of Beaf today instead of hosting a pathetic reality where we are still fighting about bringing back grazing routes for herdsmen in 2021.
Re: "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - UK-Based Woman by Nobody: 12:15pm On Aug 31, 2021
Esseite:

Nigeria today can drain you beyond 35k daily and you wont still see anything tangible to have done with the money.

- Take her apartment to be 15k/night (almost impossible modest room)
- Transport - 7k (minimal movement)
- Food - 8k (3 square Average restaurant)
- Recharge card and data - 2k (Foreign based)
- Misc and PR - 5k (utilities and tips)
- Social activities - 3k (Average)

That's 40k already.. Inflation is crazy in this country.

100% correct. Really unsustainable status quo that will surely predispose more average Nigerians towards criminal activities.

1 Like

Re: "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - UK-Based Woman by hospitalnear: 6:51pm On Jan 06, 2022
After COVID, survival has been so tough globally. Inflation especially in third world countries has made living very tough. Eating two types meal a day has been not easy for many, taking care of a family has been dangerously tough. Going to a Nearest Mcdonalds or subway or KFC or other expensive restaurant is a dream these days.

(1) (2) (Reply)

US CONGRESS MAN, CHRIS SMITH ACCUSES NIGERIA OF MISLABELING IPOB AS TERRORISTS. / Wike Has No Electoral Value Outside Rivers State / Tinubu Competent to Lead Nigeria: Tee Mac Makes U-turn, Says He Was Misquoted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.