Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,414 members, 7,819,489 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

Relocating Abroad…..no, I’d Rather Stay Back! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Relocating Abroad…..no, I’d Rather Stay Back! (1327 Views)

"You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady / Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About / Leave The Country Or Stay Back And Start Something?please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relocating Abroad…..no, I’d Rather Stay Back! by mission08: 12:07pm On Sep 01, 2021
Hi Everyone,

We all know that the drive to relocate abroad is basically to seek greener pastures, for better opportunities where systems work. For skilled professionals, they wish to relocate to where their skills will be more valued and compensated as against Nigeria where they are being taken for granted and undervalued. Some families move mainly to create a better future for their kids as opportunities are becoming slimmer and slimmer for young people.

But then relocating is not that easy as you may have to start from the scratch especially if you are already doing fairly well in Nigeria. So weighing the pros and cons, others might say ‘No, I’d rather stay back!

Now the question is, generally speaking, what is that reasonable monthly income that you think you’ll be just fine in Nigeria? Or what other factors do you think will make you turn down relocation?

Keep the opinion coming please….

Thank you!
Re: Relocating Abroad…..no, I’d Rather Stay Back! by YeyeGbami: 12:20pm On Sep 01, 2021
Been pondering on this for a while, relocating or stay back in 9ja.

1 Like

Re: Relocating Abroad…..no, I’d Rather Stay Back! by Freestainworld(m): 12:39pm On Sep 01, 2021
I can't travel abroad if I have a better biz here, can only travel for leisure and come back not to stay back
Re: Relocating Abroad…..no, I’d Rather Stay Back! by dasparrow: 3:09pm On Sep 01, 2021
To be honest, it is better not to migrate if one has a thriving career or business in Nigeria. The only problem is, the insecurity situation in Nigeria is getting worse. I personally don't regret living overseas because I don't have to worry about getting kidnapped or worse killed if my family can't pay a huge ransom. For me, living in a safe environment is very important to me. Having access to good healthcare is important. Having access to cheap affordable food stuff is important to me. Having access to stable electricity, tap water, and fast affordable internet is very important to me. I don't like a noisy environment and Nigeria is too noisy for me no thanks to generators and loud speakers mounted on churches and mosques. Nigeria is too overpopulated and the environment is dusty and filthy. I just hated it in Nigeria so I left. No amount of money will make me live there again.

However, if you don't mind a chaotic unsafe society, Nigeria is for you. Many of my family members still live in Nigeria. They are doing well career and business wise. They are not interested in migrating because they have no need to. Before you decide to migrate, pray about it and let God direct your path. Some are destined to make it in Nigeria and some are destined to make it outside the shores of Nigeria. My 2 cents.

3 Likes

Re: Relocating Abroad…..no, I’d Rather Stay Back! by Kaybeeeee(m): 3:28pm On Sep 01, 2021
mission08:
Hi Everyone,

We all know that the drive to relocate abroad is basically to seek greener pastures, for better opportunities where systems work. For skilled professionals, they wish to relocate to where their skills will be more valued and compensated as against Nigeria where they are being taken for granted and undervalued. Some families move mainly to create a better future for their kids as opportunities are becoming slimmer and slimmer for young people.

But then relocating is not that easy as you may have to start from the scratch especially if you are already doing fairly well in Nigeria. So weighing the pros and cons, others might say ‘No, I’d rather stay back!

Now the question is, generally speaking, what is that reasonable monthly income that you think you’ll be just fine in Nigeria? Or what other factors do you think will make you turn down relocation?

Keep the opinion coming please….

Thank you!

Relocate if you have the chance.
Abroad is not only about making money or greener pasture, its mostly about the sane environment, the good life, good future for ur children, working system, the luxury lifestyle compare to the stress, insecurities and government system going on in Nigeria.
Re: Relocating Abroad…..no, I’d Rather Stay Back! by Nobody: 3:36pm On Sep 01, 2021
No matter what you have. One terminal illness may wreck you. You children’s future is not sure or secure here. I am in Canada and still doing same work i was doing in Nigeria. When I collect citizenship in 2 years time i may come back to Nigeria. My kids will be citizens even if they were born in Nigeria, if i need health care i will simply enter plane. One govt policy can wipe out your business too. Countries are making immigration harder daily. If you have chance to japa please do

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relocating Abroad…..no, I’d Rather Stay Back! by feelgoodstuffs(m): 4:34pm On Sep 01, 2021
Lagbaja88:
No matter what you have. One terminal illness may wreck you. You children’s future is not sure or secure here. I am in Canada and still doing same work i was doing in Nigeria. When I collect citizenship in 2 years time i may come back to Nigeria. My kids will be citizens even if they were born in Nigeria, if i need health care i will simply enter plane. One govt policy can wipe out your business too. Countries are making immigration harder daily. If you have chance to japa please do

Well said bro
Re: Relocating Abroad…..no, I’d Rather Stay Back! by Limassol(m): 4:59pm On Sep 01, 2021
However great relocating abroad seems, we have to accept the fact that it's not for everyone. Many will choose to stay even if current situation degenarate,they will still find a reason to stay back. However, as for those who left it will remain one of the best, if not the best decision they ever made in their life.
Re: Relocating Abroad…..no, I’d Rather Stay Back! by Winnerrrr(m): 5:08pm On Sep 01, 2021
I like the civil replies here, to each his own.
Re: Relocating Abroad…..no, I’d Rather Stay Back! by mission08: 9:29pm On Sep 01, 2021
dasparrow:
To be honest, it is better not to migrate if one has a thriving career or business in Nigeria. The only problem is, the insecurity situation in Nigeria is getting worse. I personally don't regret living overseas because I don't have to worry about getting kidnapped or worse killed if my family can't pay a huge ransom. For me, living in a safe environment is very important to me. Having access to good healthcare is important. Having access to cheap affordable food stuff is important to me. Having access to stable electricity, tap water, and fast affordable internet is very important to me. I don't like a noisy environment and Nigeria is too noisy for me no thanks to generators and loud speakers mounted on churches and mosques. Nigeria is too overpopulated and the environment is dusty and filthy. I just hated it in Nigeria so I left. No amount of money will make me live there again.

However, if you don't mind a chaotic unsafe society, Nigeria is for you. Many of my family members still live in Nigeria. They are doing well career and business wise. They are not interested in migrating because they have no need to. Before you decide to migrate, pray about it and let God direct your path. Some are destined to make it in Nigeria and some are destined to make it outside the shores of Nigeria. My 2 cents.

@bolded...this is apt! The main concern for me...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

9 Beautiful Countries That Will Pay You To Relocate There / Uk To Cut Down Number Of Student Visa Issued To Nigerians / Us Visiting Visa - Summer School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.