Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,277 members, 7,811,822 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:22 PM

Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence (29423 Views)

Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) / Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) / Big Fishes Caught During Flooding In Bayelsa (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by ikllbrokehoes(m): 4:35pm On Sep 01, 2021
Take heart, maybe you should move elsewhere to a place that is more safe from flood
Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by highchief1: 4:35pm On Sep 01, 2021
Love4all24:
I’ve been looking for a way to get the attention of the public to our plight. My street is constantly flooded when it rains in Asaba. People’s houses get flooded with waters and cars get damaged. We have tried severally to get the attention of relevant authorities to help us but we are not successful. We spoke to the Catholic Church in my street to help but they couldn’t. We met with the traditional ruler and asked for help still nothing happened. We are tired, distraught and sad and our investments lose values on a daily. The water moves refuse dumps into our houses. Our children get sick. The photos included here were taken 2 days after rainfall. It’s a lot worse when you see it first hand.

We need urgent help. The name of my street is Definite Destiny Hotel road. Please help push to front page so we can get the help we do desperately need.
everythg is not govt.the residents of that area are mad.the Catholic Church should be closed down.when biggi the owner of that hotel was alive he was fixing that road.how can u ppl allow a road go that bad.I wedded in that Catholic Church years ago.I lived behind that hotel years ago.

6 Likes

Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by vincent10(m): 4:36pm On Sep 01, 2021
God help you
Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by BabaCommander: 4:36pm On Sep 01, 2021
Okpanam road?
Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by juman(m): 4:37pm On Sep 01, 2021
Nigerian standard, this is just small log of water.

1 Like

Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by Joromi1: 4:38pm On Sep 01, 2021
Is this what you call flood? Sometime last year a white man was spotted paddling his way to work in Victoria Islands, Lagos.
Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by BabaCommander: 4:39pm On Sep 01, 2021
highchief1:
everythg is not govt.the residents of that area are mad.the Catholic Church should be closed down.when biggi the owner of that hotel was alive he was fixing that road.how can u ppl allow a road go that bad.I wedded in that Catholic Church years ago.I lived behind that hotel years ago.

Hello!
Please, tell us the precise location at Asaba.

1 Like

Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by MzBertty(f): 4:39pm On Sep 01, 2021
Lived in Delta State for 4 years....they don't have proper drainage systems
Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by Skillsnigeria: 4:42pm On Sep 01, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by Nobody: 4:42pm On Sep 01, 2021
Love4all24:
I’ve been looking for a way to get the attention of the public to our plight. My street is constantly flooded when it rains in Asaba. People’s houses get flooded with waters and cars get damaged. We have tried severally to get the attention of relevant authorities to help us but we are not successful. We spoke to the Catholic Church in my street to help but they couldn’t. We met with the traditional ruler and asked for help still nothing happened. We are tired, distraught and sad and our investments lose values on a daily. The water moves refuse dumps into our houses. Our children get sick. The photos included here were taken 2 days after rainfall. It’s a lot worse when you see it first hand.

We need urgent help. The name of my street is Definite Destiny Hotel road. Please help push to front page so we can get the help we do desperately need.

This has been happening as far back as 2017 I was a youth Corper there
Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by Limassol(m): 4:44pm On Sep 01, 2021
Tyranny:
Y'all gotta stop waiting for the government to come fix your problems; fix them yourselves and stop bîtching..! grin
Are you in anyway benefiting from Nigeria loot? Is your father/relative a public office holder?
Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by Uwaomaokey(m): 4:45pm On Sep 01, 2021
I stay here some times though, we need canoe, boats and swimming outfits. Wow, Catholic Ascension oh!
Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by Rochasstatue(f): 4:46pm On Sep 01, 2021
You have appealed to both the Catholic Church and traditional ruler and no reply.

I think you need to appeal to Nnamdi Cownu or Odumeje.

If they fail, I will take your appeal to the shrine of epitipitua...it doesn't fail.
Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by 16inchdick: 4:47pm On Sep 01, 2021
Love4all24:

Where be this place for Asaba
Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by arixona: 4:47pm On Sep 01, 2021
U de live for gra de complain....check out my location in ABA abia state
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=6295870587121763&id=100000966517773&m_entstream_source=timeline
Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by Promiseibritam: 4:48pm On Sep 01, 2021
Dnt u have a Local Government Chairman or Counselor?

Y cnt u and ur Fellow youths storms into the Secretariat and block the Chairman frm passing.
Gowan protest.

LOVE4ALL
Think abt my suggestion.

2 Likes

Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by 1x2x3: 4:54pm On Sep 01, 2021
Love4all24:

That your road, Asaba aluminium, and across summit needs serious attention. Year in year out they come to survey then disappear. I hope this thread draws their attention.
Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by Jolomenas: 4:56pm On Sep 01, 2021
Sourcecode11:
chai...

Used lenovo E10- 30 for sale , I plan to get a new one so I want to sell this one ..Processor : Intel(R) celeron(R) CPU N2830 2.16GHz
Installed RAM : 2.00 GB
Local disk size : 425GB
Windows 8.1

Price = 38k
Where you dey stay?
Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by 1x2x3: 4:57pm On Sep 01, 2021
highchief1:

If he was still alive he'd still be fixing it which isn't the solution that road needs. It needs a major work and proper drainage to permanently solve the issue.
Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by 1x2x3: 4:59pm On Sep 01, 2021
BabaCommander:
Okpanam road?

Across express.
Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by Jolomenas: 5:01pm On Sep 01, 2021
Sourcecode11:
ibadan but I can waybill it to you ...
I get person for makola Around Gbadebo street he fit come meet you for negotiation
Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by IVORY2009(m): 5:02pm On Sep 01, 2021
CoolEver:
Get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

Stop this childish attitude of spamming all threads, are you a scammer?
Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by Lugianostar(m): 5:04pm On Sep 01, 2021
Hurricane Ida extension...?

Una go fear fear?
Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by LegendaryArnold(m): 5:04pm On Sep 01, 2021
Love4all24:

Poor drainage system
Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by ahnie: 5:04pm On Sep 01, 2021
Op I reside in asaba too...I know that area very well...it's always flood prone(across express)
As I speak to you now...rain just stopped couple of minutes ago,omo! I came out to check and saw water almst entering my passage.i ve called my husband to buy canoe when coming back in order to have access into the house.

What's evening baffling me is that...2 years ago govt okowa dug drainages,yet the situation still remains the same.
Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by Burruchaga71(m): 5:04pm On Sep 01, 2021
Sometimes I began to doubt if Asaba is truly the capital of Delta state or warri.
Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by Lugianostar(m): 5:08pm On Sep 01, 2021
Hurricane Ida extension?

Una go fear fear?
Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by FahBuLous: 5:10pm On Sep 01, 2021
This was the street I stayed bfr in Asaba, the road has been like this for over 2 years I hv been in Asaba and nothing has been done about it...
That's destiny hotel, close to Asaba garden n resort... Very poor sight to behold...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

37 Nigerians Deported From Italy Arrive Murtala Muhammed International Airport / Death Trap: Trailer Conveying An Unbalanced Cargo Container Seen On Road / Emdee Tiamiyu, Nigerians Use Study To Gain UK Entry (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.