Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,513 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence (29467 Views)

Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) / Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) / Big Fishes Caught During Flooding In Bayelsa (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by Babaj02: 8:49am On Sep 02, 2021
My area in summit road is worst than this.
The moment you talk, they start saying because you are not from the same tribe with the governor that's why you are discrediting him

1 Like

Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by wellmax(m): 8:59am On Sep 02, 2021
Let us blame Tinubu for this please
Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by otokx(m): 9:46am On Sep 02, 2021
Is rain falling there now?
Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by Bright9239(m): 10:12am On Sep 02, 2021
This is where I live. I can confirm this information as true.

1 Like

Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 02, 2021
Love4all24:
I’ve been looking for a way to get the attention of the public to our plight. My street is constantly flooded when it rains in Asaba. People’s houses get flooded with waters and cars get damaged. We have tried severally to get the attention of relevant authorities to help us but we are not successful. We spoke to the Catholic Church in my street to help but they couldn’t. We met with the traditional ruler and asked for help still nothing happened. We are tired, distraught and sad and our investments lose values on a daily. The water moves refuse dumps into our houses. Our children get sick. The photos included here were taken 2 days after rainfall. It’s a lot worse when you see it first hand.

We need urgent help. The name of my street is Definite Destiny Hotel road. Please help push to front page so we can get the help we do desperately need.

You need a flood control expert and nah our job.

Nah small work.

1 Like

Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 02, 2021
Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by PARADIZEPRIEST: 12:38pm On Sep 02, 2021
DEFINITE DESTINY FOR GOOD OR FOR BAD,YU HAV NOT CHOSEN ANY?EH YA DESTINY IS DEFINITE,SO TALK TO GOD TO HELP MAKE IT DEFINITELY GOOD,OK. angryWHEN THE WATER RECEEDES FIND OUT THE HUB/DRAIN COLLECTION POINT AND GET MALLAMS TO FREE IT FOR YOU.QED!ASABA AMAKA! grin
Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by Legendforte: 2:51pm On Sep 02, 2021
Ngasky:
what are the people on that street doing?
it is not government that will come and take care of your house for you.
look at those interlocks, the person who put it there thinks he is making his place beautiful, not knowing that he is creating a bigger problem of water logging as the water cannot penetrate into the soil as it is supposed to. and if the water cannot go through where did you think it will stay?
i am sure if the government agency in terms of planning ask him not to use interlock he will be shouting that authorities are trying to interfere with his personal freedom. now you put interlocks without plan for drainage what are you complaining of?
Great input
Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by MhiztaFrank(m): 6:14pm On Sep 02, 2021
Na turn by turn....the flooding is everywhere in niaja, try and reach lekki grin
Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by Love4all24: 10:03pm On Sep 02, 2021
Please find a video of the true state of things in my street. Below. We are really in need of help!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J1tQBP3XzM

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

13 Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos / Car Rams Into A Woman's Shop In Imo Few Minute After Locking It Up. Photos / EIU: Lagos Is The World’s Most Dangerous City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.