Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,470 members, 7,816,115 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

Why Is Nigeria Not Using The Hourly Payment System? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Is Nigeria Not Using The Hourly Payment System? (23695 Views)

Is Nigeria Customs Services Currently On Replacement Recruitment ? / What Is The Implication Of Using The Governor Of My State As A REFEREE? / Is Nigeria Prison Service Job Good For Married Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Using The Hourly Payment System? by Dmanlex(m): 8:22pm On Sep 01, 2021
We dont have a plan or working system
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Using The Hourly Payment System? by SunmibareARC: 8:25pm On Sep 01, 2021
Citygal:

Ok, you talked about products and services, developed countries like USA, UK, Canada, German and co. that pay workers on a hourly rate, are people not able to afford these things?

Instead, your job function will be rated and reviewed based on its worth.

These countries you mentioned have fived prices; unlike us, hence it can't work here unless we have a change of mindset as regards pricing.
E.g a mechanic will give different prices for automobile depending on the class the vehicle or customer...
price of water in traffic is different from in the shop...
Etc
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Using The Hourly Payment System? by Bngf: 8:32pm On Sep 01, 2021
Oh
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Using The Hourly Payment System? by SmartPolician: 9:37pm On Sep 01, 2021
seborrhic:

Salary being calculated on hourly rate doesn't mean they are paid hourly na!
Why is it that comprehension is getting more difficult over here!!Some posts make you wonder how educated some people are.

Classroom education doesn't necessarily mean exposure.
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Using The Hourly Payment System? by lastchild: 9:53pm On Sep 01, 2021
in that case, some people would be paid #100 per hour
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Using The Hourly Payment System? by Dami12345: 10:04pm On Sep 01, 2021
Citygal:
Yesterday, my team members were working on their official assignment when our direct supervisor called them to return immediately to the office because he wants to use the operational vehicle to go to a meeting outside the office. Unfortunately for them, they were held down by a job that they believed must be cleared before the day runs out.

My supervisor got angry with them for coming back late and told them they are not permitted to go to field for the rest of the week, just because of yesterday's offence. And this decision is obviously without the knowledge of his higher superiors.

Having a discussion with these team members, this kept me asking what if this is a hourly payment job that their salaries will be paid based on their hourly input, is this how he will stop them for no genuine reason.

But wait!, why is Nigeria not using the hourly payment system, won't it have been better in every way?

Lol, because they would have to reveal that you are being paid shit.

Imagine, those employers that like owing salary, how will they do it?
Imagine the federal government and ASUU. How will that turn out.

Lastly , progress would have to actually happen, can you imagine the waste of human in civil service doing anything productive?
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Using The Hourly Payment System? by goodheart02(m): 10:05pm On Sep 01, 2021
psucc:
Sad! A hungry man is an angry man. Your level of comprehension is too low. Only if you read and understand the writing.

Understand what?? That u were blowing unnecessary grammar u don't even understand. "Government used the calculator to calculate... Bla bla bla". Na u buy calculator for Buhari

Stop typing trash and focus before commenting.
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Using The Hourly Payment System? by dealbest: 10:24pm On Sep 01, 2021
Citygal:
Yesterday, my team members were working on their official assignment when our direct supervisor called them to return immediately to the office because he wants to use the operational vehicle to go to a meeting outside the office. Unfortunately for them, they were held down by a job that they believed must be cleared before the day runs out.

My supervisor got angry with them for coming back late and told them they are not permitted to go to field for the rest of the week, just because of yesterday's offence. And this decision is obviously without the knowledge of his higher superiors.

Having a discussion with these team members, this kept me asking what if this is a hourly payment job that their salaries will be paid based on their hourly input, is this how he will stop them for no genuine reason.

But wait!, why is Nigeria not using the hourly payment system, won't it have been better in every way?

dem never fit pay some people monthly self you dey talk of hourly pay..in patience jonathans voice its okay continue
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Using The Hourly Payment System? by Cromagnon: 10:57pm On Sep 01, 2021
Citygal:

A medical doctor who is paid #150,000 per month and works 9 hours a day, 5 days a week and 4 weeks a month is only receiving #833.33 per hour. How is that magnanimous?

I trust that if it’s being stated this way and paid a cumulation of it monthly or biweekly as the case may be, they would have fought for a upward review a long time ago.

Nigeria is a scam.
upward review. Why? Is that how salary increase works. By asking for it?
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Using The Hourly Payment System? by Cromagnon: 11:00pm On Sep 01, 2021
Badb0y4lyf:
If it were in. Weekly bases it still quite fair
why
What's difference between 40K per month and 10K per week
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Using The Hourly Payment System? by Cromagnon: 11:02pm On Sep 01, 2021
Khd95:
i came across a job online in the us, $24/hr and i did a mental calculation of working 7 hours a day, 4 times in a week shocked shocked
Did you do mental calculation of productivity?
Or you think working with hoe is same as working with tractor?
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Using The Hourly Payment System? by Cromagnon: 11:11pm On Sep 01, 2021
KingOfAllIgbos:
Hourly wages would increase productivity in Nigeria if strictly implemented.

BUT

1. Workers must be protected from heartless employers.

2. The laziness of the typical Nigerian worker who would try to do minimum payer for maximum pay would really be exposed. cheesy

how?
What's the difference between 160K per month and 1K per hour

How will this improve productivity?
Describe imposed productivity
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Using The Hourly Payment System? by Cromagnon: 11:13pm On Sep 01, 2021
Citygal:

You still don't get it.

It shouldn't depend on the total package first rather the pay per hour. The employer can always add it up and pay it once at the end of the month. If a 50k/month earner divides his income per hour, he will only discover how poorly he's being paid compared to the nature of his job/input.

That way, he will know his worth and protest for a higher pay.
how poorly he's being paid or how poor his productivity is?
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Using The Hourly Payment System? by Cromagnon: 11:16pm On Sep 01, 2021
majamajic:
I know a girl that serve as waiter in bar , they pay her 12k

She works 15 hours a day
6 days a week

She earns 30 naira par hour or 460 naira a day , she works for 420 hours a month , yet some month she will get shortages from people that drank and escaped without paying

To me paying her that monthly is better than in hours , that's how most Naija jobs are

what's the difference between 12 and a dozen
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Using The Hourly Payment System? by Cromagnon: 11:22pm On Sep 01, 2021
jomoh:
The thing is, hourly payment system will render a lot of people jobless cos what they do for a whole day can actually be done in few hours.

You think they can't pretend for a day

It will bring productivity but then, you want ASUU to go on strike again.
how will it bring productivity
Una go just de regurgitate text book
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Using The Hourly Payment System? by chymes0359(m): 11:33pm On Sep 01, 2021
Me and my team are working on an app for hourly payment t service.

Along the line the issue seems cumbersome co most Nigerians don't pay for hourly service jobs.

Rather they negotiate like ashawo!
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Using The Hourly Payment System? by Cromagnon: 11:37pm On Sep 01, 2021
Omuuvwie:
They can't afford it, how much will they pay per hour?
what the employee is worth
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Using The Hourly Payment System? by Cromagnon: 11:44pm On Sep 01, 2021
TheOldGods:
from my experience and my own personal view, hourly payment has a huge disadvantage compared to fixed price.
why
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Using The Hourly Payment System? by fashrola(m): 12:26am On Sep 02, 2021
Some Oil & Gas and Maritime companies uses daily rate pay..... But still your salary will be paid at the end of the month but with this you know how much you are earning in a day

An Average Third engineer or Second Officer in Nigeria with DP certificate in a multinational companies earns as high as $60/Pay

Some captains or chief engineer earns as high as $100-120/Day

It pays to master the sea trade smiley

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Using The Hourly Payment System? by hansomb: 1:30am On Sep 02, 2021
Karleb:

Maybe when you understand the meaning of magnanimous.

Also, do something about your ignorance.
generous

Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Using The Hourly Payment System? by witworth(m): 4:14am On Sep 02, 2021
How dem wan take use am, dem no be better country na.
You wan make dem dey pay people 30 30 naira per hour?
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Using The Hourly Payment System? by JimmyDarmody: 6:27am On Sep 02, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Men. I don't even know what to say and people are predicting Nigeria to be double of its current population in 20 years. Only God knows what will happen then.
I wish we could do another protest against this minimum wage. If not 100k we no go gree.
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Using The Hourly Payment System? by Solsix(m): 7:07am On Sep 02, 2021
belshazzar:
there's a woman(single) with 4 kids at my place of work, she earns 8k per month..pls throw up more
I know people earn ridiculous amount in this country nah just God dey help us

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Using The Hourly Payment System? by Cloud007: 7:08am On Sep 02, 2021
some people monthly salary in Nigeria are someone 4hours pay in developed environment angry

Bad... Very bad.
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Using The Hourly Payment System? by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:34am On Sep 02, 2021
fashrola:
Some Oil & Gas and Maritime companies uses daily rate pay..... But still your salary will be paid at the end of the month but with this you know how much you are earning in a day

An Average Third engineer or Second Officer in Nigeria with DP certificate in a multinational companies earns as high as $60/Pay

Some captains or chief engineer earns as high as $100-120/Day

It pays to master the sea trade smiley

Damn 60 USD per day is very low O. Chei that's what a junior dev at my company earns. For a captain or chief engineer and what it takes to be a captain it's ridiculously low. That comes to 3000 USD a month. Senior Devs earn more than way more. Thank God I abandoned that profession. Even to get job na die.
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Using The Hourly Payment System? by Karleb(m): 7:51am On Sep 02, 2021
ANDREW91:

Calm down.
Una nor understand the guy
He was just referring to a typical Nigeria employment letter were salaries are mostly stated annually
Meaning u are supposed to get ur pay at d end of the year

That's why I said he is ignorant.

The fact that the salary was stated as annual doesn't mean it would be paid annually.

Salaries in Nigeria are paid monthly, even Buhari and Osibanjo receives monthly salaries.

Even contract staffs are paid monthly.
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Using The Hourly Payment System? by afroxyz: 8:34am On Sep 02, 2021
when we begin to value time, then we would place value on time
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Using The Hourly Payment System? by v2: 1:19pm On Sep 02, 2021
I have received an offer in Nigeria on hourly rate and worked for 6years with an IOC so it can be used just that it is the Nigerians in management position in these companies that will change it to the monthly salary the is widely use in Nigeria.
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Using The Hourly Payment System? by Hassanmaye(m): 8:37pm On Sep 02, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

You have summarised everything. I just pity people, having children here. Imagine earning 50k a month. Only God knows what comes down to per hour.
My bro I know a family Man earning 30k a month, God save us in this country, Nigeria need prayers
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Using The Hourly Payment System? by Hassanmaye(m): 8:38pm On Sep 02, 2021
zedegit:

So 50k was what came to your mind?

You forgot that minimum wage is #30 000 and some even earn less as we speak.
I told him there are graduate earning 15k a Month teaching in schools he think I,m joking may God save us in this country
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Using The Hourly Payment System? by fashrola(m): 2:09pm On Sep 03, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Damn 60 USD per day is very low O. Chei that's what a junior dev at my company earns. For a captain or chief engineer and what it takes to be a captain it's ridiculously low. That comes to 3000 USD a month. Senior Devs earn more than way more. Thank God I abandoned that profession. Even to get job na die.

Average I didn't mean across all companies, Nigerian companies pay so low

Captains or Chief Engineers working in Multinational companies like Bourbon or Thome Offshore earns about 3.5 million or more per month.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NDA Releases List Of Successful Candidates For 73rd Regular Course 2021 / Dear Npower Beneficiaries, We Apologize For The Delay!!! / Recent Layoff Workers By All Nigeria Companies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.