Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:37 AM

Ronaldo To Adorn The iconic No 7 Shirt, as Cavani takes No 21 - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ronaldo To Adorn The iconic No 7 Shirt, as Cavani takes No 21 (51493 Views)

Manchester United Fans Praise Cavani For Giving Up His Number 7 Shirt To Ronaldo / Ronaldo Thanks Cavani For Giving Him His Man Utd No 7 Shirt / Di Maria: Man United’s Iconic No. 7 Shirt Had No Special Meaning To Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ronaldo To Adorn The iconic No 7 Shirt, as Cavani takes No 21 by twinke209(m): 10:23pm On Sep 02, 2021
This shows the difference between Ronaldo and Messi, one is arrogant and has no respect for others while the other is selfless, he even rejected the number when he was offered by Neymar

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo To Adorn The iconic No 7 Shirt, as Cavani takes No 21 by Equity15(m): 10:25pm On Sep 02, 2021
Maxvasia:
Lmaoo. Use that one take give yourself hope. Ronaldo has made the number 7 go beyond just a digit to being a RELIGION. The other Argentine Ikedia from Barcelona went to PSG and dem give am lotto number make him take hold body small tongue
lotto number lmao grin
Re: Ronaldo To Adorn The iconic No 7 Shirt, as Cavani takes No 21 by midolian(m): 10:28pm On Sep 02, 2021
drizslim:
My GOAT Gives me Joy, your goat gives u meat

There are levels to these Asun

Re: Ronaldo To Adorn The iconic No 7 Shirt, as Cavani takes No 21 by judinho07(m): 10:28pm On Sep 02, 2021
...no wonder they say all rule's are made to be broken...imagine premier leag...to bend their rules all because of cr7...na waaa..oooh...!!!?
Re: Ronaldo To Adorn The iconic No 7 Shirt, as Cavani takes No 21 by Bloomfrancs2: 10:30pm On Sep 02, 2021
Maxvasia:
Lmaoo. Use that one take give yourself hope. Ronaldo has made the number 7 go beyond just a digit to being a RELIGION. The other Argentine Ikedia from Barcelona went to PSG and dem give am lotto number make him take hold body small tongue

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ronaldo To Adorn The iconic No 7 Shirt, as Cavani takes No 21 by wallstreetnews: 10:31pm On Sep 02, 2021
Tiwa Savage in big brother house

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or3lLLsnj0I
Re: Ronaldo To Adorn The iconic No 7 Shirt, as Cavani takes No 21 by OJEEMAH(m): 10:34pm On Sep 02, 2021
ANDREW91:

Messi number 10 is just a number
CR7 is a brand
Choose ur GOAT wisely
There's nothing special about CR7. If Messi wants to make LM10 a mad brand, nothing can or will stop him from doing same. Its about priority or choice.....He has the pedigree, finance and recognition to make it a brand!

Let make it a little clear to you, back then, Ronaldo didn't have a choice but to come up with the CR7 brand because each time Ronaldo is mentioned, Ronaldo De Lima comes to mind.

2 Likes

Re: Ronaldo To Adorn The iconic No 7 Shirt, as Cavani takes No 21 by tunashg: 10:35pm On Sep 02, 2021
Cristiano Ronaldo #CR7 maintains his Jersey number 7 across England��,portugal �� ,Spain �� and italy��

Re: Ronaldo To Adorn The iconic No 7 Shirt, as Cavani takes No 21 by frankson1(m): 10:37pm On Sep 02, 2021
WowSweetGuy:
Humble Cavani

Unlike Jones who refused to give out his number 4 shirt to Varane.

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo To Adorn The iconic No 7 Shirt, as Cavani takes No 21 by Indispensable85(m): 10:39pm On Sep 02, 2021
fergie001:

Manchester United

You've been on this for a while now.
Hope you won't be disappointed though.
Re: Ronaldo To Adorn The iconic No 7 Shirt, as Cavani takes No 21 by Levinas: 10:41pm On Sep 02, 2021
OJEEMAH:
There's nothing special about CR7. If Messi wants to make LM10 a mad brand, nothing can or will stop him from doing same. Its about priority or choice.....He has the pedigree, finance and recognition to make it a brand!

Let make it a little clear to you, back then, Ronaldo didn't have a choice but to come up with the CR7 brand because each time Ronaldo is mentioned, Ronaldo De Lima comes to mind.

The point is CR7 is a brand, whereas LM10 is not. All this 'if Messi wants to' na long snd unnecessary tori. Let him do it and then we can talk

2 Likes

Re: Ronaldo To Adorn The iconic No 7 Shirt, as Cavani takes No 21 by twodee75: 10:50pm On Sep 02, 2021
Maxvasia:
c

Bros I can't laughing.... Which one be lotto number..... abeg wan bust person belle
Re: Ronaldo To Adorn The iconic No 7 Shirt, as Cavani takes No 21 by darediamond(m): 10:59pm On Sep 02, 2021
ojaysam25:
Cr7 is a brand....i see ronaldo breaking bicans record at manutd that is the only goalscoring record left for ororo. Congrat to man u the newly crown fa cup and carly cup champions, as usual na my darling chelsea get champions league, Epl and club world cup.
Champ League and EPL is a BIG DREAM IN THE REALM.

The Bones and Flesh Eaters Are Still Here In England let alone Germany, Spain Italy and France Remember.
Re: Ronaldo To Adorn The iconic No 7 Shirt, as Cavani takes No 21 by Xfemt(m): 11:02pm On Sep 02, 2021
Afokesco:
Wearing a particular Number doesn't make you a good footballer ..you can wear any number....who don Sabi don sabi...Messi no dey reason number....Messi na humble player
abeg Cary your jealousy de go

Cr7 is a brand hence he will have the number in any club even if it Messi em go give am

grin

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo To Adorn The iconic No 7 Shirt, as Cavani takes No 21 by emmykk(m): 11:03pm On Sep 02, 2021
Muhylonaire007:

Keep quiet jare, go and face your studies

Tell that to your parents
Re: Ronaldo To Adorn The iconic No 7 Shirt, as Cavani takes No 21 by Amodi470(m): 11:07pm On Sep 02, 2021
Selfish and Ronaldo
Re: Ronaldo To Adorn The iconic No 7 Shirt, as Cavani takes No 21 by 2loadedguy: 11:09pm On Sep 02, 2021
twodee75:

Bro so u re there when Neymar offered Messi his number 10?.... Nigerian can form news hennnn....
He doesn't have to be there now. It's all over the news just the way you read this one. Or were you there when cavani gave Ronaldo his number too?
The way you guys put up illogical argument just to stress what's not necessary is ridiculous. We all know CR7 brand already.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo To Adorn The iconic No 7 Shirt, as Cavani takes No 21 by Saltysalt: 11:09pm On Sep 02, 2021
[color=#550000][/color]
Afokesco:
Wearing a particular Number doesn't make you a good footballer ..you can wear any number....who don Sabi don sabi...Messi no dey reason number....Messi na humble player

Shut up your Kanda mouth

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo To Adorn The iconic No 7 Shirt, as Cavani takes No 21 by temielects(m): 11:11pm On Sep 02, 2021

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo To Adorn The iconic No 7 Shirt, as Cavani takes No 21 by Gwan2(m): 11:12pm On Sep 02, 2021
Maxvasia:

Before C.Ronaldo, number 7 , 10 and 9 have always been ‘special’ numbers in football. I understand you’re a fan, but don’t twist facts.

C. Ronaldo is always lucky not to have people like pogba, Ramos, ibrahimovic or Ballotelli to contend numbers with…na there the club go know say werey dey and senior man werey come dey

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo To Adorn The iconic No 7 Shirt, as Cavani takes No 21 by techWriter1: 11:22pm On Sep 02, 2021
Yeah, CR7 is iconic and a product, he takes no other Jessy than 7.

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo To Adorn The iconic No 7 Shirt, as Cavani takes No 21 by fergie001: 11:31pm On Sep 02, 2021
Indispensable85:
You've been on this for a while now.

Hope you won't be disappointed though.
Your political section is becoming too toxic.....I am adjusting small small grin cheesy
Re: Ronaldo To Adorn The iconic No 7 Shirt, as Cavani takes No 21 by MaxiB1242: 11:36pm On Sep 02, 2021
ANDREW91:

Nobody begged neymar to give messi LM10.
But u see CR7 na d entire man u fans begged Cavani to give it up. Even d queen of England join those wey beg.
So my brother there are level to this shits
Messi is a good footballer no doubt
But Ronaldo isn't just a footballer he is the god of football.
Ronaldo name will ring bell far more than messi when dey retire
Even the 2 people taking over from dem, Mbappe and Haaland dey both idolize Ronaldo
see ya face Halland na Name of footballer for were neymar dey abi.. cox he shine for one season for Dortmund.. just wait make this season end as Your Ronaldo go trophyless with Man United and watch as Psg clean everything before you judge okay
Re: Ronaldo To Adorn The iconic No 7 Shirt, as Cavani takes No 21 by fergie001: 11:38pm On Sep 02, 2021
OJEEMAH:

You are distorting facts here.

Ronaldo would still have made his favoured 28 he wore at Sporting Lisbon a brand.

He is not the first player to have a brand...We have had Zizou, we have had El Illusionista and so on.

Ferguson convinced him to take 7, he didn't do it for the reason highlighted.

You would have been correct if you said: Ronaldo de Lima's brand R9 influenced his own CR7 which could still have been CR28.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo To Adorn The iconic No 7 Shirt, as Cavani takes No 21 by richmanrichard: 11:42pm On Sep 02, 2021
i just dey one side dey laff evily at you all urinated fans, asking myself ' what if after all these ororo hype n urinated goes trophyless again this season?' .D trolling wey i go give una na--- never dey market.make una kwantinue to dey disturb our peace.una don 4get say na class prefkt una get as coach. meanwhile, ronaldo when he remembers that it is wan bolo mbo that wud cross ball 4 him to score....

Re: Ronaldo To Adorn The iconic No 7 Shirt, as Cavani takes No 21 by OJEEMAH(m): 11:48pm On Sep 02, 2021
fergie001:

You are distorting facts here.

Ronaldo would still have made his favoured 28 he wore at Sporting Lisbon a brand.

He is not the first player to have a brand...We have had Zizou, we have had El Illusionista and so on.

Ferguson convinced him to take 7, he didn't do it for the reason highlighted.

You would have been correct if you said: Ronaldo de Lima's brand R9 influenced his own CR7 which could still have been CR28.
I am very much aware it was Fergie that convinced him but inorder to distinguish himself from the famous Ronaldo Dey Lima, he came up with CR7 and made it a brand.
Re: Ronaldo To Adorn The iconic No 7 Shirt, as Cavani takes No 21 by Muhylonaire007: 11:51pm On Sep 02, 2021
emmykk:

Tell that to your parents

Why should I? Oh, I figured... Because you don't have parents. Sorry about that, there are orphans with better words, you can improve too.
Re: Ronaldo To Adorn The iconic No 7 Shirt, as Cavani takes No 21 by fergie001: 11:51pm On Sep 02, 2021
OJEEMAH:
I am very much aware it was Fergie that convinced him but inorder to distinguish himself from the famous Ronaldo Dey Lima, he came up with CR7 and made it a brand.
You are repeating the distortion.

He had always wanted to build a brand irrespective of his number. Sorry, did you think he should have used R7 ?
Re: Ronaldo To Adorn The iconic No 7 Shirt, as Cavani takes No 21 by richmanrichard: 11:57pm On Sep 02, 2021
FAdmob202:
CR7

Happy new Month

Anyways here's Google Admob

An ads earning platform from Google

It's real and very legit

Earn monthly payouts off ads

Check sig for contact details and more informations
how much wud it cost u to teach me?
Re: Ronaldo To Adorn The iconic No 7 Shirt, as Cavani takes No 21 by Indispensable85(m): 12:16am On Sep 03, 2021
fergie001:

Your political section is becoming too toxic.....I am adjusting small small grin cheesy

Hahahahahahahaha....... this section will be more toxic as the season progresses.
Re: Ronaldo To Adorn The iconic No 7 Shirt, as Cavani takes No 21 by OJEEMAH(m): 12:25am On Sep 03, 2021
fergie001:

You are repeating the distortion.

He had always wanted to build a brand irrespective of his number. Sorry, did you think he should have used R7 ?
Fergie, you still don't get me. If you look at the comment critically, you would realize I was trying to make the guy understand that building a brand is not really a big deal for a player of Messi's pedigree then I went further to explain the rationale behind CR7. There was never a time I said it was the jersey number that instigated the brand cos he could have done same with any jersey number as long as building a brand was a priority.........I was simply trying to explain what distinguished him cos at the time, Ronaldo De Lima was more recognized & famous. Back then, at the mention of Ronaldo, the phenomenon comes to mind first and that's the exact reason many thought he was a Brazilian cos of the 'Ronaldo' tag and CR7 thought it wise to create a distinction.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Meet Usman Mohammed That Scored A Sensational Goal Against Atletico Madrid / Super Eagles' Customized Russian 2018 Locker Room / Alex Nwora And Son, Jordan Nwora In The Nigerian Basketball Team. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.