Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,317 members, 7,826,262 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

Alaafin Wants Akala Jailed ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alaafin Wants Akala Jailed ! (1323 Views)

Alaafin Of Oyo Steps Out Again With His 4 Wives (photos). / Alaafin Of Oyo +2 Of His Many Wives At University Of London 4 A Convocation(Pics / President GEJ Visit To Alaafin's Palace In Oyo Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alaafin Wants Akala Jailed ! by wales(m): 6:03am On May 23, 2011
The Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Olayiwola Adeyemi 111, has asked an Oyo State High Court to commit the out-going Governor, Adebayo Alao-Akala, the state Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice, Mr Ladi Abdulsalam, and Mr Ganiyu Ajiboye, a purported traditional chief in Oyo town to prison for severally flouting the orders of two courts, directing the non-recognition of the latter as the Alago-Oja of Ago-Oja, Oyo.

Governor Alao-Akala had in 2006 installed Ajiboye as Alago of Ago-Oja, in the Atiba Local Government area, which is the Alaafin’s domain, an action, which was nullified by a state high court, following a legal challenge by the Alaafin and subsequently upheld by the court of Appeal. Justice O.A. Akinola of the high court in his ruling of February 29, 2007 declared that “the creation, appointment and installation of Baale Ago Oja was illegal, null and void, unconstitutional” and ordered Ajiboye to stop parading himself as such and vacate the official residence.

Justice J. A Fabiyi-led Court of Appeal in a ruling delivered on April 30, 2008, had upheld the order
But, the three defendants in the suit were said to have ignored the court verdicts and kept on recognizing Ajiboye as the Alago. This prompted the new action by the Oyo monarch, who is also the Chairman of the state Council of Obas and Chiefs. He has prayed the court through his counsel, Mr Adeola Omotunde, for the committal of the three defendants for contempt of court, following their alleged refusal to comply with the rulings of the law courts.

Aside this, the order became imperative, according to the lawyer, when it became apparent that the defendants were not making themselves available to receive the court notice. Justice Adegboye Gbolagunte of the state High Court, Ibadan, had on Wednesday, last week, granted an order for substituted service of the Form 48 and other legal processes relating to the matter on the respondents.

In the order, the court granted Alaafin’s request to either paste or drop the form within the premises of the Government House, Ibadan for the out-going governor; premises of the Ministry of Justice, Ibadan for the Attorney General; and the official residence of Ajiboye.

In his judgment, Justice Akinola had declared the title of Baale Ago-Oja as “non-existent, illegal, unconstitutional, null and void”, adding that the certificate of office issued him was a ‘“worthless piece of paper’”. Similarly, the Appeal Court sitting in Ibadan , Oyo state capital, comprising Justice J. A Fabiyi, Justice I. Thomas, and Justice C.N Uwa had ruled that the order made by Justice Akinola, pronouncing the installation of Ajiboye as illegal, unconstitutional, null and void and of no effect, was still subsisting.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/may/23/national-23-05-2011-001.html
Re: Alaafin Wants Akala Jailed ! by wales(m): 6:04am On May 23, 2011
;d ;d ;d ;d

Re: Alaafin Wants Akala Jailed ! by aljharem3: 6:07am On May 23, 2011
^^^^^^

bleach fight grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

na who go win
Re: Alaafin Wants Akala Jailed ! by hercules07: 6:42am On May 23, 2011
Alaafin will win, he is a veteran bleacher, even when Akala was still collecting 20 naira, alaafin was already bleaching.
Re: Alaafin Wants Akala Jailed ! by ektbear: 6:55am On May 23, 2011
I was wondering why the alaafin looked so sickly
Re: Alaafin Wants Akala Jailed ! by PhysicsMHD(m): 3:27pm On May 23, 2011
The Alaafin of Oyo is a bleacher?

[img]http://thewillnigeria.com/thumbnail.php?file=Alaafin_of_Oyo_222612900.jpg&size=article_medium[/img]

Really?

I'm skeptical.

Anyway, jail Akala.
Re: Alaafin Wants Akala Jailed ! by playmode(m): 4:07pm On May 23, 2011
alj_harem:

^^^^^^

bleach fight grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

na who go win

Oh boy u wicked  o grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin chai both of dem worwor die.  shocked I wonder which women will sleep with these two ,*yuck* flipping disgusting  lipsrsealed
Re: Alaafin Wants Akala Jailed ! by musiwa46: 5:20am On May 24, 2011
you people most be igbo. In yoruba culture the king is more powerful than a governor. even if I am president, the king is still above me in yoruba culture. This is why we need to leave nigeria. Nigeria laws is against our culture.  I am not saying it because I am from one of the yoruba royal house. but it part of our people believe.

It was one of the agreement in the independent constitution that yoruba people make sure , it must be followed.
Re: Alaafin Wants Akala Jailed ! by rasputinn(m): 8:09am On May 24, 2011
Ah ah Alaafin
Wetin Akala do you na?? abi e tiff ya bleaching cream cheesy
Re: Alaafin Wants Akala Jailed ! by T9ksy(m): 12:55pm On May 24, 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TDKaHENSbw&feature=related

who steal my bleaching?. . . Teacher
My precious bleaching. . . . . Teacher
I buy am for shopping. . . . . Teacher
For 40Naira . . . . . . . . . . . .Teacher
How I go fine now?. . . . . . . Teacher
How i go yellow? . . . . . . . . Teacher
I go die o . . . . . . . . . . . . . Teacher

You dey bleach o, you dey bleach

(1) (Reply)

Pulpfaction Book Club To Host 'femi Ogunsanwo Author Of A New Biography On Awo / Bakare Slams Jonathan / Wikileaks Names Ex-first Lady, Others As Oil Thieves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.