Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

Atiku Topple President Buhari As Most Engaging Political Leader In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Topple President Buhari As Most Engaging Political Leader In Nigeria (20658 Views)

Peter Odili To Fubara: "You Are Now The Political Leader Of Rivers State" / From Preacher To Political Leader, Agbonayinma Sets Sights On Governorship / Apc Members Reject Akpabio As Political Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Topple President Buhari As Most Engaging Political Leader In Nigeria by bilms(m): 1:17am On Sep 03, 2021
*Atiku Abubakar topple President Buhari as most engaging political leader in Nigeria*

_As Olawepo Hashim tops APC presidential hopeful_

In build up to 2023 general election in Nigeria, politicians across the country are engaging the populace on various social media platforms especially tech giant, Facebook, to sell their candidature to the people and Grand Plan Communication, a new media, baseline research and communication outfit, that has been monitoring their online engagements and the issues they are discussing has published a new report for the month of August.

In the latest report by Grand Plan, former Vice President, Alh Atiku Abubakar emerged most engaging political leader in Nigeria. The former Vice President overtook President Muhammed Buhari and Mr Gbenga Olawepo Hashim in online engagement, both of whom were most engaging political leaders in Nigeria for the month of July, 2021.

This was contained in a report released on Friday by Grand Plan in Abuja, Nigeria.

In a statement by the Executive Director of Grand Plan, Mr Abdulrazaq Hamzat, the monthly social media engagement rating is to keep tab on the online activities of political leaders in Nigeria, especially those identified as potential presidential hopeful for 2023 that may seek to succeed the incumbent president, Muhammadu Buhari.

In the month of August, Atiku Abubakar recorded 317,500 engagements on his Facebook page, followed by former Senate President, Dr Bukola Saraki who recorded 198,300 engagements and Gbenga Olawepo Hashim, who recorded 160,800 engagements.

Olawepo Hashim came second, after President Muhammed Buhari in the month of July and in August, he slipped to third position in the overall rating.

However, despite slipping to third position in the overall rating for August, Olawepo Hashim still remains most engaging political leader in the ruling All Progressive Congress (APC), while Alhaji Atiku Abubakar remain most engaging political leader in the country aswell as in the opposition People's Democratic Party (PDP).

According to Grand Plan, following ban on popular micro blogging platform, Twitter few months ago, Nigerian politicians have become more active on Facebook and most of them have made the platform their preferred medium of communication with the people.

Facebook is the most popular social media platform in the world with over 2.8billion users. It is also by far, the most popular social media platform in Nigeria with over 65% control.

While their are over 104 million internet users in Nigeria, only 33 million of them are on social media, with Facebook having over 30% of the total internet users and more than 95% of social media users, with its over 31 million Facebook users in Nigeria, some of whom also uses other social media platforms such as Instagram, Snapchat Tiktalk etc.

Data by Grand Plan showed that, President Muhammed Buhari, who emerged most engaging political leader for the month of July, slipped to 4th position, going three steps back, while Atiku Abubakar who was in third position in July, went two steps up to clinch top position for August.

According to data released by Grand Plan, Atiku Abubakar overtook President Buhari and Olawepo Hashim, both of whom were ahead of him in the July edition of the report.

"Other political figures, including Vice President, Prof Yemi Osinbajo, Kogi State Governor, Alhaji Yahaya Bello, Chairman of Nigeria's Governor's Forum and Ekiti State Governor, Kayode Fayemi, Governor of Kaduna State, Mallam Nasir Elrufai and others are still behind in social media engagements"

Grand Plan explained that, "President Muhammadu Buhari, who was on top in July with over 296,000 engagements saw his engagements go down to 96,700 in August and on the other hand, Olawepo Hashim who came second in July saw his engagements rose more than double, from 98,000 in July to 160,800 engagements in August, but still couldn't stop Atiku Abubakar and Bukola Saraki from overtaking them both.

While opposition figure, Atiku Abubakar's july engagement rose by more than 600% in August, Bukola Saraki's rose by more than 400%, that of Olawepo Hashim also rose by more 100%, being the best from the ruling All Progressive Congress (APC).

"Atiku Abubakar's last 8 posts recorded the 317,500 engagements, Olawepo Hashim's last 6 posts recorded the 160,800 engagements, while Bukola Saraki's last 19 posts recorded the 198,300 engagements"

" On the other hand, the engagement of Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi State went down by more than 100% in August"

Executive Director of Grand Plan, Abdulrazaq Hamzat said that, increasing engagement imply growing interest in the candidate while decreasing engagement signify disenchantment.

Hamzat also explained that, contrary to popular belief that claimed suspended micro blogging platform,tweeter is the platform for youths, available record shows that Facebook still remains the dominant social media platform for youths.

According to him, 65% of Facebook users are under the age of 35, which means that they fall under the age demographic of millennials and generation z. It is also important to note that between 25-34 years old accounted for 32.5% of Facebook users, whereas just 2.9% of users were aged between 55 and 65 years.

Grand Plan observed that, while most of the 2023 presidential hopeful were discussing general social issues that is not connected to governance, Olawepo Hashim maintained his policy based discuss, while Bukola Saraki focused on party politics.

"Olawepo Hashim focused on issues of anti corruption beyond 2023, nation building and making the ruling All Progressive Congress (APC) a party of ideology".

Grand Plan monthly social media rating of political leaders in Nigeria is released last week of every month.

https://sahelstandard.com/index.php/2021/09/02/atiku-abubakar-topple-president-buhari-as-most-engaging-political-leader-in-nigeria/

1 Like

Re: Atiku Topple President Buhari As Most Engaging Political Leader In Nigeria by FreeStuffsNG: 1:22am On Sep 03, 2021
Hahaha..... HE Atiku who has spent all these years in Dubai is back and have started sharing money again. I won't be surprised if he wins the PDP ticket again. He really understands the PDP type of politics cheesy He also knows that those who hate PMB will buy anything from him.

107 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Atiku Topple President Buhari As Most Engaging Political Leader In Nigeria by chiiraq802(m): 1:25am On Sep 03, 2021
If he likes let him Triple that Mannequin in Aso rock as the most engaging political leader in Nigeria. that Fulani man no go smell presidency. God forbid .

114 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Atiku Topple President Buhari As Most Engaging Political Leader In Nigeria by bilms(m): 1:52am On Sep 03, 2021
grin

1 Like

Re: Atiku Topple President Buhari As Most Engaging Political Leader In Nigeria by CXLVII: 1:54am On Sep 03, 2021
grin grin grin

Atiku is a comedian.

We will milk him dry again.

God has away for refunding Nigerians with all that was looted.

Atiku should be bring the money again in 2023. I want to buy a Lotus Evija

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atiku Topple President Buhari As Most Engaging Political Leader In Nigeria by Freestainworld(m): 2:36am On Sep 03, 2021
Anybody could easily topple Buhari in anything, that one dull die, Atiku is far better than him everything, but I don't pray for another Fulani president, let's try the south this time around.

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Topple President Buhari As Most Engaging Political Leader In Nigeria by EmptyGarden(m): 2:48am On Sep 03, 2021
Make this Baba sef go rest, we don tire for Fulani old men, one is still dealing with us.

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atiku Topple President Buhari As Most Engaging Political Leader In Nigeria by Midenola(f): 2:56am On Sep 03, 2021
Like seriously, everyone in Nigeria ��lately complained bitterly about the country's economy, policies, hardship, lack of income and finance and a whole lot more.

Yet Atiku after all these years of so much expenses spent on elections and losing them still have so much to spend again in coming elections.

Trust these northerners at your own peril.

There is more to this obsession in my own opinion.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atiku Topple President Buhari As Most Engaging Political Leader In Nigeria by Elvictor: 3:26am On Sep 03, 2021
Who made Atiku a political leader ?

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atiku Topple President Buhari As Most Engaging Political Leader In Nigeria by EmekaA125(m): 3:51am On Sep 03, 2021
Same way he toppled Buhari in all social media platforms with his supporters chanting Atikulators in 2019. We know how it ended grin

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atiku Topple President Buhari As Most Engaging Political Leader In Nigeria by 2fine2fast(m): 4:22am On Sep 03, 2021
Dey don start another packaging for us again.
Na only Fulani get Nigeria?

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Topple President Buhari As Most Engaging Political Leader In Nigeria by Karlovych: 4:24am On Sep 03, 2021
embarassed embarassed He's still far better than the deranged 69 year old cocaine addict and blood thirsty creature

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Topple President Buhari As Most Engaging Political Leader In Nigeria by suffering: 4:25am On Sep 03, 2021
Suffering no dey tire Nigerians. The slow poison’s time is coming to an end and we want to replace him with an unrepentant looter. Atiku has sworn to become president in his lifetime and God knows the things he’s done behind closed doors to ensure this dream. Na una know if una wan put am. Anything I see, I go fold hand take.

8 Likes

Re: Atiku Topple President Buhari As Most Engaging Political Leader In Nigeria by Iruobean(m): 4:25am On Sep 03, 2021

Re: Atiku Topple President Buhari As Most Engaging Political Leader In Nigeria by lunacol(m): 4:27am On Sep 03, 2021
Packaging have begun, when they enter that seat, they become tigers and blunt to people's plight. These men should go and rest.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Topple President Buhari As Most Engaging Political Leader In Nigeria by Indispensable85(m): 4:28am On Sep 03, 2021
If you like topple Afghanistan, you're on your own.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Topple President Buhari As Most Engaging Political Leader In Nigeria by dollarsplenty(m): 4:29am On Sep 03, 2021
See political propaganda, a grand plan to foster Atikulooter on our psyche unconsciously.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Topple President Buhari As Most Engaging Political Leader In Nigeria by OmoManU: 4:32am On Sep 03, 2021
This Atiku marketing tho, this time around it won't work.

2023 we won't fall for the old useless gimmicks of old cargoes politicians anymore, present us a clear cut of your plans and how you intended to achieve them in the most practical ways and not the usual ways of where you are from or how you worship.

So Atiku o, Tinubu o, all of them should Bleep off and take back seat. Bring people with ideas forward with untainted records and yet good politicians.

We should not make the same mistake we made with Buhari and Jonathan as the only candidates in 2015, any party that fields nonsense we won't be supporting such party.

Na individuals we go dey after in 2023 and beyond, that's if there's still one Nigeria.

12 Likes

Re: Atiku Topple President Buhari As Most Engaging Political Leader In Nigeria by crossfm: 4:32am On Sep 03, 2021
The only thing I know is that no president of Nigeria past or future will beat Buhari's cluelessness.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Topple President Buhari As Most Engaging Political Leader In Nigeria by chelsea1116(m): 4:35am On Sep 03, 2021
Buhari o... Atiku o..Tinubu o...APC o...PDP o...

God will punish all of them..they are all bad and evil.
Buhari is a clueless and unintelligent devil and he knows it cos he never failed to prove this.

You see Atiku claiming to be a guy man..na politics ds 1 dey play..he only held back the evil part of himslf.

We need a good man, a man with conscience.

The Vice president's failure to do more makes him also a failure in this admin BUT i wouldnt think twice in giving him my vote, i dont know how he will fare as a President but there is no denying that he is a good man with conscience.
Most of Nigerians know this.

An hausa person musnt rule again..lets hav a Christian rule us this time..haba!!

14 Likes

Re: Atiku Topple President Buhari As Most Engaging Political Leader In Nigeria by OnyeObodo: 4:37am On Sep 03, 2021
Honestly, God forbid I ever vote another Northerner in this country again.

Thats if the country remains one beyond 2023.

IF PDP EVER DARES PRESENT ANOTHER MALLAM or NORTHERNER, I will gladly vote an APC southern Candidate even if its Tububu. Take this from me as a bet. Yes, my one vote will count.

2023 is either Peter Obi on the ballot box for PDP or Osibanjo on the ballot box for APC. I don't care who wins because they are so good.

Anything Atiku, Saraki, Bala Mohammed, El Rufai, Tambuwal can go hell and burn to blazes.

Another FULANI MAN or Northerner ruling this country will spell doom for the already useless nation. We never had it this bad please.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Topple President Buhari As Most Engaging Political Leader In Nigeria by ThinkSmarter: 4:38am On Sep 03, 2021
It's now obvious from the handwriting on the wall that the presidential race is likely between Osinbajo and Atiku.
Though Osinbajo is perceived to be soft, he is still very democratic and engaging.
I personally likened him to Joe Biden kind of person.
Atiku in the other hand is more vibrant and engaging like Obasanjo. He is loved by Christians due to his liberal views towards religion but unfortunaly have bad reputation for greed and corruption tendency.
The Igbos should work on their political trust.
Whether they are for Nigeria or Biafra.
They should unite and make their stand before they can be trusted with the presidency.
I'm Igbo before u come for my head.

6 Likes

Re: Atiku Topple President Buhari As Most Engaging Political Leader In Nigeria by fredoooooo: 4:41am On Sep 03, 2021
grin
Re: Atiku Topple President Buhari As Most Engaging Political Leader In Nigeria by wunmi590(m): 4:44am On Sep 03, 2021

If they like Atiku shoukd be the most engagement and married political man, Atiku can't rule us in this country again...

We need a young and vibrant man to pilot the affair of this country....

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Topple President Buhari As Most Engaging Political Leader In Nigeria by sapientia(m): 4:44am On Sep 03, 2021
My only happiness this morning is that I did not read whatever distraction this article was about

Celebration of mediocrities

If faireness, quity and merit is anything to go by, we won't know both men

Being Fulani was the major deciding factor in both of their life and political career

5 Likes

Re: Atiku Topple President Buhari As Most Engaging Political Leader In Nigeria by Holybwoy: 4:47am On Sep 03, 2021
na their way..

Buhari do pass am when him dey find vote..

Make all this expired fooolllsss getat!!

6 Likes

Re: Atiku Topple President Buhari As Most Engaging Political Leader In Nigeria by Auxtin85(m): 4:48am On Sep 03, 2021
Who is buhari ?

1 Like

Re: Atiku Topple President Buhari As Most Engaging Political Leader In Nigeria by RoyalBoutique(m): 4:48am On Sep 03, 2021
How did he topple buhari?

Was buhari ever an engaging political leader?

DesChyko:
Mentioning Buhari and social media engagement in one sentence undecided

How is he coping with the old-fashioned interviews first?

I tire o.

10 Likes

Re: Atiku Topple President Buhari As Most Engaging Political Leader In Nigeria by NotBeenPaid: 4:48am On Sep 03, 2021

Two clowns!!!

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Topple President Buhari As Most Engaging Political Leader In Nigeria by DesChyko: 4:48am On Sep 03, 2021
Mentioning Buhari and social media engagement in one sentence undecided

How is he coping with the old-fashioned interviews first?

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Topple President Buhari As Most Engaging Political Leader In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:48am On Sep 03, 2021
I don’t know if he will be a better leader but one thing for sure is Atiku will be a more accessible and engaging leader.

A large part of being president is effective communication and public relations. On this particular aspect, Buhari has been a total failure.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osinbajo Receives Buhari Support Group In Aso Rock (Photos) / PDP: Atiku Will Lose Presidency Over Plot To Punish Me — Wike / Nigerian Army Reclaims Baga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.