Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:09 AM

Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? (19610 Views)

Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested / Worst Roads In Obosi, Anambra - Soludo Takes A Tour Himself (Video) / Sagamu-Ogijo Road: A Look At One Of Nigeria's Worst Roads (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by grandstar(m): 10:42am On Sep 03, 2021
The prime suspect is that the state is broke. Worse, many states overborrowed in the past and no longer have access to loan facilities.
Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by UsmanBabaIdris: 10:42am On Sep 03, 2021
Akute, Alagbole, Olambe, Agbado and Ajuwon just cross my mind. They have the worst roads in the state.

1 Like

Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by Dangotey: 10:43am On Sep 03, 2021
Yes, yes, yes, yes and yes also yes, yes, yes....... 1 million times ogun state have the most deplorable, unmotor able roads in the whole of Africa. Agbado-Ijoko road that was initiated by amosun government has become a prayer point due to total negligence of the present government, Atan lusada is a no go area, mowe ofada,, matogun... Infact Dapo Abiodun is the biggest scam in governance. I wonder how he sleeps at night.

4 Likes

Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by bareal(m): 10:43am On Sep 03, 2021
wunmi590:
shocked

Thank you for bringing this up once more, I commented on a thread about his laxity toward building andbrapir of road, one igbo smoking guy attacked me, telling me his the best governor....

I had to keep shut, because I know that guy is under the influence of weed after seeing his DP...

Dapo is a monumental failure, he was not prepared to take over power, he was just opportuned to be there...

If you know you can fix what you promised, leave the position and let another person who is knowledgeable take over...

Just like the dullard on top, APC is known for selecting monumental failures. Why?
Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by Rumundele(m): 10:44am On Sep 03, 2021
OneKinGuy:

Have u been to Abia??
not the whole Abia because after aba heading to Umuahia is very clean,
You can cable 160km/hrs on that road but aba town is a disaster and nightmare

1 Like

Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by seunny4lif(m): 10:45am On Sep 03, 2021
Those people are animals
Nukilia:

The worst folks emerge as political leaders from that state. I still remember the PA guy from Ogun State who is in US prison for fraud cry

1 Like

Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by Prophet777: 10:46am On Sep 03, 2021
You are absolutely right...
iwaeda:

YES AND YES. Do you want me to say it again, Yes and Yes. One day I drove to Mowe-Ofada recently for an event, when I got to my estate, the security men asked what happened to my car. It was covered in mud. Same bad road in Sagamu, Ifo, Ijebu, Agbara, Ilisan, Remo, Ogere, Papalanto, Atan, Lafenwa, Agbole, Akute, Egbado, Ijebu water side, Ijebu Musin/Ife, Itele, Odogbolu, Ayede, Aiyetoro, Ososa.
Yet you see youth because of hands down will be hailing these people. If we must change things t[b]he revolution start with electing credible people and stop towing religion, ethnic and part lines[/b]
Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by Cyberterror: 10:46am On Sep 03, 2021
IamR:
Yes! The incumbent governor is just there.

Ogun state is supposed to be divided into 2 or 3 states.
Divide what? Texas alone is the 19 northern states put together and things are done properly there. Daft leadership in Nigeria is a big problem.

9 Likes

Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by realstars: 10:49am On Sep 03, 2021
OneKinGuy:

Have u been to Abia??
Abia is under modernizetion, the sisters states are helpping from the outside. and the governor is working hard to put things right from the interlinks?

1 Like

Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by bibiking7(m): 10:52am On Sep 03, 2021

Yes

Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by Drizzy5001(m): 10:59am On Sep 03, 2021
Ogun state has the worst road in Nigeria currently, upon all the big men wey dem get and the big companies, Even Aba in Abia state get better road pass Ogun state
Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by Hemanwel(m): 11:00am On Sep 03, 2021
AnonPoet:
It has been more than 2 years of the Dapo Abiodun Government and it seems this government is hell bent on taking the state back to using bush paths. Yes, the roads in Ogun state are that bad. Sometimes you drive in a state that is supposed to be the gateway state and all you see is just nightmares. It gets worse for communities on the Lagos/Ogun border. Going from Ogun to Lagos, you can tell where Ogun state ends and Lagos begins based on the condition of the roads. It is that bad?

Even the roads in the capital city Abeokuta isn't any different from the joke Ogun state roads has become it is almost as though the Dapo Abiodun Government has decided to punish everyone for crimes no one knows who committed. The roads in Ogun East where is from are reportedly not this bad though. Maybe something else is at play

How else does one explain this?

Even roads which were started by the previous admin have either been abandoned or not completed after years, and mechanic have been having a field day fixing broken down vehicles. Please we need a overhaul of the roads in Ogun state.
Bro, God will bless you multiple times for the bolded part of your post.

You just spoke what has been on my mind.
Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by cayoleg: 11:00am On Sep 03, 2021
Come to alagbole, Akute, ajuwon.

Suffering and smiling is ingrained in the DNA of Nigerians.

No cap !!!
Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by Burruchaga71(m): 11:01am On Sep 03, 2021
Not only in south west but Nigeria as a whole
Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by akdjr(m): 11:01am On Sep 03, 2021
Yes! Yes!! Yes!!!
Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by 5ThChild: 11:01am On Sep 03, 2021
That is why you should buy an aeroplane
Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by Prophet777: 11:02am On Sep 03, 2021
No doubt, Ogun-State is a monumental failure in terms of road rehabilitation and construction.
Come to Ojodu Abiodun (Berger side) and see bad roads, thanks to Lagos govt that has reconstructed their own portion right to their border to avoid the monumental shame. Come to Alagbole/Akute and see the failure of Ogun-State govt. Not even a single kilometre has been tared in Mowe/Ibafo in the last 15 years. If you go to Ofada, Sango, Ifo, Papalanto, Atan, Lafenwa, Oja Odan, Ilaro etc. You will weep for that state.

6 Likes

Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by AfonjaConehead: 11:02am On Sep 03, 2021
But coneheaded structures have pictures of all the bad roads in Aba. grin grin grin
Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by wunmi590(m): 11:05am On Sep 03, 2021
bareal:

Just like the dullard on top, APC is known for selecting monumental failures. Why?

That's because majority of then were picked up and given nomination form when they were sleeping, be sure they were all forced to do it, so they were not prepared
Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by Akinjnr16: 11:06am On Sep 03, 2021
They have the worst roads in the country.. not within south west alone ��
Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by SATELLITENET: 11:10am On Sep 03, 2021
Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by shiwex: 11:11am On Sep 03, 2021
Dapo Abiodun......worst governor in Ogun State ever.....Go and look at Ijebu ode roads....
Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by IceLady101: 11:11am On Sep 03, 2021
AnonPoet:
It has been more than 2 years of the Dapo Abiodun Government and it seems this government is hell bent on taking the state back to using bush paths. Yes, the roads in Ogun state are that bad. Sometimes you drive in a state that is supposed to be the gateway state and all you see is just nightmares. It gets worse for communities on the Lagos/Ogun border. Going from Ogun to Lagos, you can tell where Ogun state ends and Lagos begins based on the condition of the roads. It is that bad?

Even the roads in the capital city Abeokuta isn't any different from the joke Ogun state roads has become it is almost as though the Dapo Abiodun Government has decided to punish everyone for crimes no one knows who committed. The roads in Ogun East where is from are reportedly not this bad though. Maybe something else is at play

Even roads which were started by the previous admin have either been abandoned or not completed after years, and mechanic have been having a field day fixing broken down vehicles. Please we need a overhaul of the roads in Ogun state.

CAPITAL YES
Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by tsmith(f): 11:12am On Sep 03, 2021
AnonPoet:

i want to believe so. Each time i visit my parents in Abeokuta, it's like the roads are going back in time, right now those roads are Before Christ (BC). And to imagine this is supposed to be GRA ooh, around the poly for that matter. Appalling is an understatement
Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by Efuaye(m): 11:16am On Sep 03, 2021
The only motorable road in Ogun state is Shagamu to Abeokuta and that's because it's the Governor route to work in Abeokuta!
If you drive any vehicle with bolt joint and shaft defects, avoid Ogun state roads like a plague!
Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by Tokkson: 11:17am On Sep 03, 2021
OneKinGuy:

Have u been to Abia??

Only Aba has bad roads in abia and the governor is really trying to improve the condition.

I went to Aba few months ago and i was shocked at the improvement.
Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by SpatialKing(m): 11:18am On Sep 03, 2021
They claim to have the best Vice President....
Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by OlujobaSamuel: 11:19am On Sep 03, 2021
Dangotey:
Yes, yes, yes, yes and yes also yes, yes, yes....... 1 million times ogun state have the most deplorable, unmotor able roads in the whole of Africa. Agbado-Ijoko road that was initiated by amosun government has become a prayer point due to total negligence of the present government, Atan lusada is a no go area, mowe ofada,, matogun... Infact Dapo Abiodun is the biggest scam in governance. I wonder how he sleeps at night.
Amosun abandoned that road since the end of his first term, ditto for Ilaro road where he claimed he wanted to construct a useless bridge that the community might not need in the next 50years, he abandoned so many project outside the Abeokuta metropolis, some roads within Abeokuta sef like Rounder were abandoned, the current useless governor isn't any better, never care about the abandoned project, the few he did are now in deplorable state.
Except Sagamu to Abeokuta road, I really don't know any good road in Ogun State.
Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by rayshiy: 11:19am On Sep 03, 2021
Capital YES
Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by F117nighthawk: 11:23am On Sep 03, 2021
Common sense should tell anyone that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How FG Can Stop Killings In Plateau, Others — Atiku / Obi Celebrates With Chinedu Ezekwesili On His 70th Birthday In Abuja / Amaechi Promises To Remain Principled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.