Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,192 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? (19638 Views)

Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested / Worst Roads In Obosi, Anambra - Soludo Takes A Tour Himself (Video) / Sagamu-Ogijo Road: A Look At One Of Nigeria's Worst Roads (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by Arnold1(m): 3:19pm On Sep 03, 2021
rali123:
100% no doubt, it has nothing to do with Dapo alone, past government has been useless too.

Exactly!

The man can't fix all the roads in a span of 2 years. That's impossible.

Dapo is actually working on some roads, but the sheer magnitude of bad
roads in the state make it seem meaningless.

Neglectful past administrations have put the roads in the state they’re
in today.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by Arnold1(m): 3:23pm On Sep 03, 2021
hakeem4:
ive only been to oshogbo, ede and ile Ife. These towns aren’t that bad

Thank you jare wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by Arnold1(m): 3:28pm On Sep 03, 2021
Maxwell4404:
Na lie I dey my Youth Service in Ogun State they have more better road there and even better then all southern States, overhead bridge everywhere...

This is because you are in Abeokuta, the capital. Former Governor Ibikunle Amosun mostly focused on the city
while he was governor.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by Arnold1(m): 3:33pm On Sep 03, 2021
EmekaA125:
So all these Ogun IGR that's bigger than the whole SouthEast doesn't exist in real life afterall??

Let me simply put it this way that most of NBS ewedu influenced statistics is usually a hoax, scam, non-existing, fabricated, ill-informed, false, fallacy and unfounded.

What afonjas cannot lie with doesn't exist grin grin grin

Ogun has high IGR compared to many states. What it lacks is good governance. This
is why the roads (mostly outside the capital, Abk) are in a terrible shape.

The previous governor, Amosun, did a lot to upgrade Abeokuta, but he neglected
the rest of the huge state. This is the point people are making.

Stop derailing the thread.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by InvertedHammer: 3:48pm On Sep 03, 2021
/
Wait a minute!

I thought Obasanjo is from Ogun state. I hope not. Because if after 8 years in office and his state has such bad roads, it makes me wonder.

/
Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by wunmi590(m): 3:51pm On Sep 03, 2021
bareal:

This is so bad for our nation. It is well bro

Amen cool
Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by Bennysam: 3:54pm On Sep 03, 2021
AnonPoet:
It has been more than 2 years of the Dapo Abiodun Government and it seems this government is hell bent on taking the state back to using bush paths. Yes, the roads in Ogun state are that bad. Sometimes you drive in a state that is supposed to be the gateway state and all you see is just nightmares. It gets worse for communities on the Lagos/Ogun border. Going from Ogun to Lagos, you can tell where Ogun state ends and Lagos begins based on the condition of the roads. It is that bad?

Even the roads in the capital city Abeokuta isn't any different from the joke Ogun state roads has become it is almost as though the Dapo Abiodun Government has decided to punish everyone for crimes no one knows who committed. The roads in Ogun East where is from are reportedly not this bad though. Maybe something else is at play

How else does one explain this?

Even roads which were started by the previous admin have either been abandoned or not completed after years, and mechanic have been having a field day fixing broken down vehicles. Please we need a overhaul of the roads in Ogun state.
Those roads is not in ogun state, that's Aba in Abia state
Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by BJanta: 4:27pm On Sep 03, 2021
AnonPoet:
It has been more than 2 years of the Dapo Abiodun Government and it seems this government is hell bent on taking the state back to using bush paths. Yes, the roads in Ogun state are that bad. Sometimes you drive in a state that is supposed to be the gateway state and all you see is just nightmares. It gets worse for communities on the Lagos/Ogun border. Going from Ogun to Lagos, you can tell where Ogun state ends and Lagos begins based on the condition of the roads. It is that bad?

Even the roads in the capital city Abeokuta isn't any different from the joke Ogun state roads has become it is almost as though the Dapo Abiodun Government has decided to punish everyone for crimes no one knows who committed. The roads in Ogun East where is from are reportedly not this bad though. Maybe something else is at play

Even roads which were started by the p0previous admin have either been on to popabandoned or not completed after years, and mechanic have been having a field day fixing broken down vehicles. Please we need a overhaul of the roads in Ogun state.
lll0 pop
Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by BJanta: 4:35pm On Sep 03, 2021
AnonPoet:

Even roads which were started by the previous admin have either been abandoned or not completed after years, and mechanic have been having a field day fixing broken down vehicles. Please we need a overhaul of the roads in Ogun state.

No, the worst in the world !
Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by oluwaahmed: 5:11pm On Sep 03, 2021
OdogwuAnambra:
Ipaja Ayobo axis are bad in Lagos, Amukoko to Agric is bad also

SW hAS BAD ROADS
They are just highly incompetent in Lagos. They have the media to paint them fresh but the people are suffering bad roads. Amukoko- agric has been bad for years; same thing in satellite Town that even the road leading to navy barracks is an eyesore. VI is even just about seeing better days because of ongoing construction but it was fùcking terrible before. APC is hitting it big in Lagos sha.
Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by tundeharry: 6:18pm On Sep 03, 2021
i was on lafenwa/itele road 4days ago, it was nothing to write home about. please try and complement that road Ambode did at that Ayobo/Aiyetoro axix and make southwest proud, atleast while you are in office........................................................................................Only God knows where they spend the allocations from the federal Government however i dont think Ogun People are asking for so much, just give them good road and light then keep rest of the money.
Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by abudawah(m): 6:41pm On Sep 03, 2021
Not the worst in South West but in Nigeria. Papalanto to Shagamu. Abeokuta to Lagos. Alagbole/Akute axis and many more. Are we cursed?

1 Like

Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by fapcrook(m): 7:42pm On Sep 03, 2021
iwaeda:

YES AND YES. Do you want me to say it again, Yes and Yes. One day I drove to Mowe-Ofada recently for an event, when I got to my estate, the security men asked what happened to my car. It was covered in mud. Same bad road in Sagamu, Ifo, Ijebu, Agbara, Ilisan, Remo, Ogere, Papalanto, Atan, Lafenwa, Agbole, Akute, Egbado, Ijebu water side, Ijebu Musin/Ife, Itele, Odogbolu, Ayede, Aiyetoro, Ososa.
Yet you see youth because of hands down will be hailing these people. If we must change things the revolution start with electing credible people and stop towing religion, ethnic and party lines
You forgot to mention Asero-Obantoko road, a death trap
Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by iwaeda: 7:54pm On Sep 03, 2021
fapcrook:
You forgot to mention Asero-Obantoko road, a death trap
Dapo Abiodun has done next to nothing on roads in Ogun. Roads are now death traps.
Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Sep 03, 2021
grin grin
Grace001:
Ogun state and bad roads are 5&6

During rainy season Ogun people suffer and when it doesn’t rain they still suffer, Ogun State people are used to the bad road.

Come next election, they will still wear ankara/T-shirt to campaign for their oppressor.
Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by Olumba2020: 8:46pm On Sep 03, 2021
He is a celebrity governor,'fine boi" NO TYME to govern.
Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by africaflozy(f): 9:45pm On Sep 03, 2021
hakeem4:
Yes! I can say that with confidence. Ogun state is actually the centre of confusion. I have been to several states in southwest, and I can say Ogun has the worst roads. apart from Abeokuta which has good roads, I doubt any other place in the state has good roads.

Upon on the money the state makes...
Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by Godly247(m): 11:03pm On Sep 03, 2021
wahali tahalai!!! I don suffer tire for OGUN BAD ROAD!!! agbado-Gasline, abule oko, Olaogun and the likes...
Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by Olufemiolaolu(m): 12:47am On Sep 04, 2021
Absolutely yes. Dapo is on valium 12
Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by GabrielOdok: 8:58pm On Oct 18, 2021
Scammer Active Fx and Monex.ng

It almost feels pointless adding to this thread but we must not give up the fight to bring scammers to book. I wish I read this before transacting with them. I sent 1.7m to monex.ng for Skrill which he never sent and after much quarrelling , refunded part of it and refused to pay the 196k balance till today. He even blocked me on Whatsapp (just imagine blocking me that he is owing). I will chronicle everything of our 3months over extended business with details and time stamp and after that I will be assembling a team of interested people to;

1. Launch a social media campaign against monex.ng publicizing as a scam site.

2. File an official complaint with the Police and EFCC

3. Ensure that their name is taken off any web post that designates them as sellers of e-currency (because that is where they get new victims, like I was gotten)

4. See if it is possible to take down their website.

I will stop here for now, let take sometime to organize the evidence to post here.

ActiveFx:
No I disagree, Those who say yes are those who haven’t been to some part in Oyo state they are more worst ���
Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by BaneV3: 10:57am On Oct 22, 2021
monex.ng scammers
Friday 22 October 2021 6:55 am, no refund/no part payment on transaction made since Wednesday 29th September 2021. I think a legal case should be taken against them. It's me today it could be you tomorrow. All they do on their website is simple "update their rates" so you think the website is active. They no longer respond to me on whatspp. BE WARNED !!!
https://www.nairaland.com/6635922/#106854831
Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by BaneV3: 4:08pm On Dec 12, 2021
December 12 th 2021 4:06 pm still no refund. Pls did any one get a refund?
Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by PARADIZEPRIEST: 1:58pm On Dec 26, 2021
PARADIZEPRIEST:
STATE WITH D HIGHEST IDOL WORSHIPPERS SUFFER THE HIGHEST MISFORTUNESgrin EMBRACE GOD NOW,FOLLOW CHRIST FOR YOUR OWN PROGRESS.
Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by OVB123: 10:52pm On Apr 20, 2023
Tokkson:

Only Aba has bad roads in abia and the governor is really trying to improve the condition.

I went to Aba few months ago and i was shocked at the improvement.
You are a liar.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Federal Republic Of South Nigeria / Governor Ayade Presents N1.3trn Budget For 2018 / PDP Primary: What We’ll Do If Consultations Fail – Tambuwal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.