Stats: 3,194,847 members, 7,956,173 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:53 AM

Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? (20058 Views)

Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested / Worst Roads In Obosi, Anambra - Soludo Takes A Tour Himself (Video) / Sagamu-Ogijo Road: A Look At One Of Nigeria's Worst Roads (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by Maxwell4404(m): 11:24am On Sep 03, 2021
Na lie I dey my Youth Service in Ogun State they have more better road there and even better then all southern States, overhead bridge everywhere...
Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by danggy(m): 11:25am On Sep 03, 2021
Yes oooo
Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by OlujobaSamuel: 11:26am On Sep 03, 2021
Efuaye:
The only motorable road in Ogun state is Shagamu to Abeokuta and that's because it's the Governor route to work in Abeokuta!
If you drive any vehicle with bolt joint and shaft defects, avoid Ogun state roads like a plague!
Your brain no go quench. Same here, I see no other road in that state.
About 13years ago, I bypass through Ofada to go to Ilaro from Lagos Ibadan Expwy just to avoid traffic, when I tried same thing 5years ago, despite taking bike from Ofada to Papa, I still used about 3hrs on the road, as it was very bad, I met only trailers on the road, except for few cars that work on the route

Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by BecomeALandLord(m): 11:29am On Sep 03, 2021
Ogun is the worst
Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by oluwatodimu1(m): 11:32am On Sep 03, 2021
Ogun state roads are the worst

Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by Obamaofusa: 11:33am On Sep 03, 2021
AnonPoet:
It has been more than 2 years of the Dapo Abiodun Government and it seems this government is hell bent on taking the state back to using bush paths. Yes, the roads in Ogun state are that bad. Sometimes you drive in a state that is supposed to be the gateway state and all you see is just nightmares. It gets worse for communities on the Lagos/Ogun border. Going from Ogun to Lagos, you can tell where Ogun state ends and Lagos begins based on the condition of the roads. It is that bad?

Even the roads in the capital city Abeokuta isn't any different from the joke Ogun state roads has become it is almost as though the Dapo Abiodun Government has decided to punish everyone for crimes no one knows who committed. The roads in Ogun East where is from are reportedly not this bad though. Maybe something else is at play

How else does one explain this?

Even roads which were started by the previous admin have either been abandoned or not completed after years, and mechanic have been having a field day fixing broken down vehicles. Please we need a overhaul of the roads in Ogun state.
I know Ogun state very well but please,that first picture,where is that in Ogun state?
Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by mfm04622: 11:38am On Sep 03, 2021
Why are you asking question you already know the answer to?
Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by Obamaofusa: 11:39am On Sep 03, 2021
lifezone247:
I have not but I’m very sure it’s not as worst as ogun state. Ogun state is very big in landmarks compear to Abia state. so probably the few ones you saw in Aba state is reason you ask.

No,Abia state has the worst roads followed by Ogun state
Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by Nobody: 11:43am On Sep 03, 2021
Mayor21:
I think so, I remember my service year in Sagamu.... Chaii, Ayepe road was something else
Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by Adek15(m): 11:44am On Sep 03, 2021
iamtardey:
I really think so
it is second worst after only the mighty Abia state... At Lagos/ogun border, You don't need anyone to tell you where ogun state starts. It is that pathetic!!
Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by Nobody: 11:44am On Sep 03, 2021
Obamaofusa:

Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by Iykenuwa(m): 11:46am On Sep 03, 2021
If you are traveling from Lagos to Benin, even if you are sleeping you can tell when you enter and leave Ogun State, due to the bad road.

Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by Juicy001: 11:49am On Sep 03, 2021
What type of this na? shocked
This one no be road again o
Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by Daddysidhan: 11:50am On Sep 03, 2021
Yes and the worst governor
Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by Obamaofusa: 11:53am On Sep 03, 2021
Nikklaux:
No bro, Ogun State is.... I was born and brought up in Ogun State, i've toured the whole state.... Abia is still better than Ogun State...

Sure you have not toured Abia grin
Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by OVB123: 11:55am On Sep 03, 2021
lifezone247:
In the whole of Nigeria sef.
U are right.
Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by rali123(f): 12:01pm On Sep 03, 2021
100% no doubt, it has nothing to do with Dapo alone, past government has been useless too.
Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by Tokkson: 12:04pm On Sep 03, 2021
Obamaofusa:

You obviously haven't been to Abia state before
Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by Purepen: 12:13pm On Sep 03, 2021
To me, Dapo Abiodun is just wicked. He could not feign ignorance of the sufferings of millions of Ogun residents, twice each each day. The amount of time, energy and fortunes wasted each day. A responsible, humane and open-hearted governror would have done something, at least something meaningful palliative. Does he think everyone is ignoramus. He was trying, in futile, to cast the blame on the Federal government. I will be shockingly surprised, if he is able to get back the the second time. He seems to be more interested in the Agberos.

Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by houseontherock: 12:15pm On Sep 03, 2021
hakeem4:
Yes! I can say that with confidence. Ogun state is actually the centre of confusion. I have been to several states in southwest, and I can say Ogun has the worst roads. apart from Abeokuta which has good roads, I doubt any other place in the state has good roads.
If you love your car, don't try driving through the town from that their obantoko(the Apata/Abeokuta road)
Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by Kwara1stson: 12:20pm On Sep 03, 2021
hakeem4:
Yes! I can say that with confidence. Ogun state is actually the centre of confusion. I have been to several states in southwest, and I can say Ogun has the worst roads. apart from Abeokuta which has good roads, I doubt any other place in the state has good roads.
what about Osun state
Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by nerd004: 12:22pm On Sep 03, 2021
Yes Ogun State has the worst road in Nigeria followed by Abia State.....

You see these 2 States have drunkard as Governors ...
Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by Henzybaba29: 12:24pm On Sep 03, 2021
Na my state them they curse like this, one day I will be governor and I will change the narrative ☹️

Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by Princeton92(m): 12:41pm On Sep 03, 2021
No ooo ... Abia state does actually in 9ja
Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Sep 03, 2021
I passed through Ogun last October, the infrastructure was in very sad condition. There are sections of the major expressways Sango-Ota made me feel the need that I had to get off the okada that I was riding to trek past worst sections of the road.

This is Thief Obasanjo's state, remember that he was Nigerian Head of State for total 11years. *SMH*
Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by EKOSuperior(m): 12:47pm On Sep 03, 2021
We in Ebonyi State are very lucky.
Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by hakeem4(m): 12:48pm On Sep 03, 2021
Kwara1stson:
what about Osun state
ive only been to oshogbo, ede and ile Ife. These towns aren’t that bad
Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by OdogwuAnambra: 12:49pm On Sep 03, 2021
OGUN HAS THE HIGHEST GDP IN MILKY WAY FROM THE NBI COOKED IN LAGOS IBADAN EXPRESSWAY
Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by OdogwuAnambra: 12:54pm On Sep 03, 2021
Ipaja Ayobo axis are bad in Lagos, Amukoko to Agric is bad also

SW hAS BAD ROADS
oluwaahmed:
Not only ogun state. All over South West, thats how their roads are. Only state capitals have good roads. Even in lagos the roads are terrible.... especially amuwo odofin down.
Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by OdogwuAnambra: 12:55pm On Sep 03, 2021
Princeton92:
No ooo ... Abia state does actually in 9ja
ABIA ROADS ARE BEEN BUILT SERIOUSLY
Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by magzey: 12:55pm On Sep 03, 2021
And Obasanjo ruled Nigerian as president on 2 Occasions ,he only cares about his library and farm ,it is well. ,Benga Daniel and co follow suite. undecided

Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by KosoMo(m): 1:01pm On Sep 03, 2021
Yes ooo.... Alagbole, ajuwon, akute roads na like hell. Too bad

Evil Designs Being Hatched Against Me & My Supporters - Peter Obi / Nlc To Shut Down Airports, Banks, Etc - Advises Masses To Stockpile. Who Loses? / Reconcile With PDP Or Defect - Afenifere To Amaechi