Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,837 members, 7,844,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

Omoku Youths Cryout Over Brutalising Of Protesters By NAOC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Omoku Youths Cryout Over Brutalising Of Protesters By NAOC (129 Views)

AGIP Is Killing Us; Omoku Youths Allege ...as Soldiers Attack Protesters / Woman Arrested For Brutalising, Locking Own Son Up For Months / Endsars: Thousands Of Protesters Begin 30km Walk From Awka To Awkuzu, Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Omoku Youths Cryout Over Brutalising Of Protesters By NAOC by nicholasdavout(m): 10:57am On Sep 03, 2021
Omoku Youths Cryout over Brutalising of Protesters by NAOC

Omoku Youth Federation (OYF) has accused multinational oil giant, Nigeria Agip Oil Company (NAOC), of sponsoring soldiers to brutalise its members who were on a peaceful protest at the company’s plant in Omoku.

The youth body, which claimed that some of its members were seriously injured and currently receiving medical treatment, warned the oil company to be ready to vacate Omoku if any of the victims dies.

Speaking with newsmen in Port Harcourt yesterday, OYF executive member, Dr. Lucky Ojobah, said the attack on the protesters was the second in the last three months.

Ojobah said, “In continuing the struggle for the development of Omoku Communities, OYF wrote more letters to NAOC to still request for audience, but NAOC still neglected our letters, as there were no efforts made by NAOC to call for discussions. OYF on 30th of August, 2021, embarked on another peaceful protest to OB/OB Gas Plant, Omoku.

“While the Youths were patiently waiting for a call for meeting, at the time the DSS boss in Omoku invited me to inform me on 31st August, 2021, that he has interfaced for OYF to meet with Naoc management in Port Harcourt on 1st September, 2021, NAOC sponsored another round of brutalization of peaceful protesters.

“This time, not only supervised by military attaché of NAOC but the Nigerian Army in the numbers, brutalized peaceful protesters and destroyed protesters valuables, while other valuables were lost.

“While we were still counting our losses away from the gas plant, the Army still rounded us up and hit us mercilessly. Many of the protesters are still lying in hospitals in critical conditions, two of which are still in coma. I managed to write this on my hospital bed. I woke up in consciousness this morning.”
Re: Omoku Youths Cryout Over Brutalising Of Protesters By NAOC by Nobody: 10:59am On Sep 03, 2021
Where's your source OP?
Re: Omoku Youths Cryout Over Brutalising Of Protesters By NAOC by longetivity(m): 11:04am On Sep 03, 2021
Naija soldiers and cowardice are 5 and 6
Re: Omoku Youths Cryout Over Brutalising Of Protesters By NAOC by malcom1X: 11:21am On Sep 03, 2021
The same omoku wey full with cultists dey cry out?
The same omoku wey dey kill themselves when there was no army, now the army has come to help kill you all and you people are crying out.

The south can't rule themselves, they need the northern army to help them rule themselves.

I said what I said.

All the money given to Omoku community, everyone would have been rich by now but go to Omoku and see Omoku for what it is.

Una dey ment.

(1) (Reply)

Ngige: FG To Recover Millions Wrongly Paid To 588 Doctors / Governor Okowa Champions Citizen's Budgeting / The Guardian View On Nigeria’s Violence: The Problem Of The State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.