Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,250 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:27 AM

Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested (56363 Views)

LASU Prof. Tajudeen Olumoko Dismissed Over ‘Result Racketeering’ / Joshua Agboola: Meet 9-year-old Who Developed A Website For His School. / Ikeoluwa Abioye, 15-Year-Old, Who Scored 9 A1s In WAEC And 305 In JAMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by sammirano: 12:14pm On Sep 04, 2021
Ipob criminal;l mind don enter this one early enough. Jamb is a consistent exam board and will never make such ridiculous error. The boy may have fooled his father, lawyer but not Jamb.

1 Like

Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by jacoik(m): 12:14pm On Sep 04, 2021
Jashub:
I believe the boy . JAMB has become so porous that once they can't understand how you were able to score 300+ ,it is regarded as "examination malpractice ". And this is very bad since it discourages the brightest from studying
I heard it on raypower news this morning and the news caster said exactly the same thing you said
Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by aribisala0(m): 12:23pm On Sep 04, 2021
udemzyudex:

Oga rest naa, at least I've explained things to you now yet you're still ranting.

Na wa ooo are you a lady using a guy moniker?
your father is ranting.

You lack manners and do not knowhow to talk
Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by jacoik(m): 12:24pm On Sep 04, 2021
Dabyes:
This country is headed nowhere. I know this guy in person. He attends the same lesson as me although he later started teaching maths and physics. He even taught me physics for this year's jamb. He's not just good, he's too good. Edu is the definition of intelligence
This is not the first, not the second but the third time jamb is doing this. This year's own was just the height of it.
How can you keep denying a student his real score? Is that how much of a joke this country takes the future of the youths?
I'm not even talking about how bad this year's jamb was. You would check your score this minute and see one thing only to check the next minute to see another thing. Is it that they are using us to catch cruise or what?
When we heard this news at our lesson center, we were shocked because when he came on Tuesday, he told us that they were going to Abuja to defend the results only to hear now that he is in police custody for manipulation of results. What stupid manipulation?
They have turned the whole story upside down just to shut him up.
For his father to sue the court means that he his confident that he can defend the results. If Jamb says he was involved in malpractice, let them give him another exam to write because I'm confident that he would smash it. Just that our system is already corrupted, they might decide to manipulate it again. Infact, I'm just vexed right now. Personally, I feel Edu is too good for this trash we call country. Let them just release him for us. Person we God don bless, Jamb no fit stop am. After dem go say the youths are lazy, the youths are not reading but just look at what they are doing to someone that deserves it. How will this encourage people to study now? Even me here, I am totally discouraged and disappointed with this country. I just tire for Nigeria
as am reading what you wrote now tears of bitterness keep dropping from my eyes!!! God, did you really create this country for your own cruise? Honestly am really in deep pain now with what you just said

1 Like

Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by zinizta: 12:28pm On Sep 04, 2021
Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by zinizta: 12:29pm On Sep 04, 2021
Dabyes:
This country is headed nowhere. I know this guy in person. He attends the same lesson as me although he later started teaching maths and physics. He even taught me physics for this year's jamb. He's not just good, he's too good. Edu is the definition of intelligence
This is not the first, not the second but the third time jamb is doing this. This year's own was just the height of it.
How can you keep denying a student his real score? Is that how much of a joke this country takes the future of the youths?
I'm not even talking about how bad this year's jamb was. You would check your score this minute and see one thing only to check the next minute to see another thing. Is it that they are using us to catch cruise or what?
When we heard this news at our lesson center, we were shocked because when he came on Tuesday, he told us that they were going to Abuja to defend the results only to hear now that he is in police custody for manipulation of results. What stupid manipulation?
They have turned the whole story upside down just to shut him up.
For his father to sue the court means that he his confident that he can defend the results. If Jamb says he was involved in malpractice, let them give him another exam to write because I'm confident that he would smash it. Just that our system is already corrupted, they might decide to manipulate it again. Infact, I'm just vexed right now. Personally, I feel Edu is too good for this trash we call country. Let them just release him for us. Person we God don bless, Jamb no fit stop am. After dem go say the youths are lazy, the youths are not reading but just look at what they are doing to someone that deserves it. How will this encourage people to study now? Even me here, I am totally discouraged and disappointed with this country. I just tire for Nigeria

Tell him to travel out to study
Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by cmikel: 12:32pm On Sep 04, 2021
Sixsigmahub:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/19-year-old-candidate-who-sued-jamb-for-n1bn-handed-over-to-police/%3famp

This jamb story seems mischivoius and curnny.

How did a result check relate with Sms
Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by Denko2721987(m): 12:34pm On Sep 04, 2021
Dabyes:

Thank you. I don't know why we're covering it up. This should be an avenue for people to speak up but like always we choose to remain silent. The issue of multiple results didn't just happen to him alone happened to several people even some of my friends and it's quite disheartening

It's a good thing u said u personally know the boy. Please do try furnish us with updates cos seeing so many helpless hopeless situations like this is so very distressing and heartbreaking. I don't need anyone to tell me this is a clear case of a Nigerian institution oppressing someone trying to make a justified claim out of them due to negligence and incompetent.. But as usual they would use thr state/govt. might in their favour to stifle such persons that dares.. This is why there is so much injustices thrives in this country and it looks like we have no single justice system to help the common man. It's such a shame.. Nigeria is such an Irony and a huge crime scene
Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by KenBen217: 12:37pm On Sep 04, 2021
What legal grounds do they have to hand the boy to the police? Is this not an allegation that should be settled by a court ruling? What crime has the boy committed?

1 Like

Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by Denko2721987(m): 12:41pm On Sep 04, 2021
Dabyes:

Some people are just not worth the time. Have a nice day sir. And sorry if I sounded disrespectful

I just tell u.. The saddest part is that these are obvious educated people who u would think should discern and know better having seen all that happens in this country... What i have come to understand in this country among Nigerians is that if a problem hasn't happened to them, it is not a problem until the problem finally gets to them, then that's when they take it seriously & start showing remorse & empathy towards the plight of others and start speaking up.. We don't just love ourselves in this country, we pretend to do and our leaders capitulate on this to do and get away with all their rubbish.
Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by Nobody: 12:42pm On Sep 04, 2021
The boy is madly sound educationally grin. I stand with the boy.

Only God knows the number of poor students that have suffered from JAMB's failure.
Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by Balenciagabrain: 12:52pm On Sep 04, 2021
An issue that is already in court but Jamb is already making arrests. It's only court that has right to order for investigation after you have made your claim in court.

Wrong move by Jamb!

1 Like

Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by Warmaterial(m): 1:00pm On Sep 04, 2021
Nonsense country, useless country, rubbish country, stupid country, pariah country, fourth world country, wicked country and terrorist country.
Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by focus7: 1:13pm On Sep 04, 2021
od501 since you want attention now you have one. What theory do you have for this case this is an IPOB boy?

Hmmmn let me think. The police and DSS is collaborating with JAMB to victimize the boy because he's an IPOB. This Fulani terrorist government is marginalizing biafrans by denying them admission into the university and so on.
Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by Equity15(m): 1:33pm On Sep 04, 2021
LordIsaac:
He is an intelligent chap... Jamb is trying to intimidate him into admitting to their criminal label. They should set the exam for him with independent forensic assessors and you'll be shocked.
exactly my thoughts. The thing sure for the guy to the extent that he asked to resit the exam. Why didn't jamb do that?

1 Like

Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by Lightorder: 1:34pm On Sep 04, 2021
aribisala0:
Don't be daft .
really ?
Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by Equity15(m): 1:38pm On Sep 04, 2021
Modrov:
I am not sure, but the thing is

1.How does the guy claim that they changed his results 'like that'

I am sorry , and I am ready to be proven wrong...but I am going to believe JAMB. The guy probably expected a higher score than usual...and is disappointed he did not get a higher score. JAMB has shown him the evidence, and he does not believe it.

Especially as the guy had no documentary evidence, no proof, no prntouts or anything...but just his 'word' JAMB has the proof.

Above is from the article.

Also, does UI require further math's for admission into medicine? That's strange....times have changed.

Modified

More information has come to light.

1.The guy saved his sister's number as the JAMB update number

2.He then used his sister's phone to send fake jamb results to his phone.

3.He then passed off the fake JAMB results as his real results...and since the results showed up under the 'jamb' number...

4.His reason was that he really wanted to get his course...and thought it would be the best route...by lying.

So, JAMB was telling the truth.
very funny. And you believed that hogwash jamb said? You must be a not so smart guy, my apologies
Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by aribisala0(m): 1:44pm On Sep 04, 2021
Lightorder:
really ?
Gbam!!
Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by Lightorder: 1:51pm On Sep 04, 2021
aribisala0:

Gbam!!
ok
Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by Unified07: 1:51pm On Sep 04, 2021
The boy should stand his ground they must pay him the 1B damages
Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by Equity15(m): 1:54pm On Sep 04, 2021
Denko2721987:

You would have followed it and got into trouble like Chinedu did.. This country is so messed up that infact I can't describe it anymore..
exactly my thoughts when I saw the other encouraging him to follow the case up
Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by Nobody: 1:55pm On Sep 04, 2021
Equity15:
very funny. And you believed that hogwash jamb said? You must be a not so smart guy, my apologies

You can disagree with me without being abusive.

Thank you
Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by Equity15(m): 2:00pm On Sep 04, 2021
Modrov:

You can disagree with me without being abusive.

Thank you
my apologies. I read some of your other posts after making that comment.

I disagree with you. But my apologies for the insults
Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by aribisala0(m): 2:02pm On Sep 04, 2021
Lightorder:
ok
ko to ope
Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by aribisala0(m): 2:04pm On Sep 04, 2021
Equity15:
exactly my thoughts. The thing sure for the guy to the extent that he asked to resit the exam. Why didn't jamb do that?
It would set a dangerous precedent to allow resits. If you do it for one you must do it for all.
I think only a court should be able to order resits

1 Like

Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by Equity15(m): 2:17pm On Sep 04, 2021
aribisala0:
It would set a dangerous precedence to allow resits. If you do it for one you must do it for all.
I think only a court should be able to order resits
I don't think it is a dangerous precedence. If you can claim that your result was falsified (which is a serious allegation), then jamb should be glad to do resits(it would not cost much). if you pass, apologies would be tendered and compensation made. But if you fail ,there would be serious consequences. I believe that would raise the populace belief and hopes in jamb.

The thing is; what is boy reported happens. For some, Thier marks are reduced, for some, it increases. I have seen it with my very own eyes before.

1 Like

Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by Nobody: 2:18pm On Sep 04, 2021
Equity15:
my apologies. I read some of your other posts after making that comment.

I disagree with you. But my apologies for the insults

Thank you
Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by aribisala0(m): 2:21pm On Sep 04, 2021
Equity15:
I don't think it is a dangerous precedence. If you can claim that your result was falsified (which is a serious allegation), then jamb should be glad to do resits(it would not cost much). if you pass, apologies would be tendered and compensation made. But if you fail ,there would be serious consequences. I believe that would raise the populace belief and hopes in jamb.

The thing is; what is boy reported happens. For some, Thier marks are reduced, for some, it increases. I have seen it with my very own eyes before.
I think so you don't Those serious consequences you mention will not have any legal basis or enforceability. . Shall we call it 1-1 Goalless?
Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by Dabyes(f): 2:22pm On Sep 04, 2021
Buliwyf:

I thought we've kissed and made up? Anyway I'll let this one slide wink

Sorry, I couldn't let that one slide. But we're cool now
Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by aribisala0(m): 2:23pm On Sep 04, 2021
Dabyes:

Sorry, I couldn't let that one slide. But we're cool now

Another 1-1 Goalless
Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by seanjy4konji: 2:24pm On Sep 04, 2021
The bastards just dont want to give the boy his correct marks..since their children are very useless and born from incest and make no meaningful thing to the society..they eat sleep and wake to spend millions of Nigerian tax payers dollars on frivolities...They dont even want you to read and be succesfful so you can compete with their bastard children...they prefer to turn every body to almanjiri thats why they have sent their foot soldiers to the whole of south ,west and east to break doors and ask anybody who has dstv in front of his house where he or she see money to enjoy life...

What they can no do in the north to their children...they do rubbish down here and rub it in our faces..when we complain they send soldiers to kill us and shut us up..

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

American University Of Nigeria's New Hostel In Pictures / Python Killed In Tai Solarin University Of Education (TASUED) / A Nairalander Visits The World's Coolest Library In China, Shares Her Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.